Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 23, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2017
Hey look, Michael Jackson anime version.

Good episode.
NurguburuMay 23, 2019 11:40 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 23, 2019 2:35 PM
Jan 2019
Muzan is feared by demons themselves
May 23, 2019 5:22 PM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Xenocrisi said:
Oh yeah cutting underwater, that’s the problem right? ‘Cause demons, talking crows, etc make perfectly sense to you right?
Like, hello? This is not real nor reality. It’s an anime. Pointing out subtle things like this is just being over dramatic about everything this anime is trying to offer us

It's an anime... so what?
That's sounds like really lame excuse for author coming up with some bs mechanic.
Fantasy/supernatural actually needs to make sense. It's called "internal logic and consistency".

Here we have a guy who breaths underwater and cut through water like nothing.
Lazy writing is lazy.

Lazy criticism is lazy.

May 23, 2019 5:35 PM

May 2015
DiabloMask said:
ExaltedChampion said:

1.2 Maybe he try to be a good brother and let her sister out and see the city when he have a chance.
3. Again, Tanjirou was still not in the right state of mind at that moment. He confused, panic and emotional, especially when he smell his family killer. Also Tanjrou the demons that Tanjirou have met until now all being wild, bloodthirsty monster so of course he will be shocked to ssee one like Muzan.

1,2- While she's sleepwalking? Yeah what a good brother.
3- It's natural that he'd panic when he found Muzan but that's not the point! He only froze after he realized Muzan was disguising himself as a human, which is overreacting.

Tanjiro froze because up until now, he had never seen a demon that was able to hide amongst humans so easily. He's also disgusted by the fact that he has the audacity to have a human family after all of the people he's killed.

May 23, 2019 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
ExaltedChampion said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
Oh boy, what a bullshit.
So he can cut through water now?
And what's with that city? Looks like ~1930 or something.

2/5

Whoa, you really just trying to find a reason to hate the show now. Why don't you just save yourself the trouble and stop watching the show since you hate it so much.

And this set in the taisho era(1912-1926), maybe you should try to pay attention more to what the character said instead of nitpicking.

Don't even bother with that dude, his sole purpose on mal forums is flashing his passive-aggressive contrarian edge on every popular seasonal shows that involve action and fighting sequences. I'm not active on episode discussion but everytime I come to one I see that same user with the exact same wannabe elitist edge. It gotta be the most cancerous shit I saw in my life.
May 23, 2019 11:18 PM

Dec 2013
Grimzey said:
ExaltedChampion said:

Whoa, you really just trying to find a reason to hate the show now. Why don't you just save yourself the trouble and stop watching the show since you hate it so much.

And this set in the taisho era(1912-1926), maybe you should try to pay attention more to what the character said instead of nitpicking.

Don't even bother with that dude, his sole purpose on mal forums is flashing his passive-aggressive contrarian edge on every popular seasonal shows that involve action and fighting sequences. I'm not active on episode discussion but everytime I come to one I see that same user with the exact same wannabe elitist edge. It gotta be the most cancerous shit I saw in my life.

As well as you assume I’m an elitist, I might as well assume you are a normie/pleb/salty fanboy. Basically, any overused phrase.
May 24, 2019 4:46 AM

Feb 2019
wow that kimutsuji muzan scene is intense asf

So anyway, kimutsuji is a demon and has a human wife, so what is his daughter? Half-demon?
May 24, 2019 5:13 AM

Jan 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
Grimzey said:

As well as you assume I’m an elitist, I might as well assume you are a normie/pleb/salty fanboy. Basically, any overused phrase.

Even if people overreact to your "critiques" (emphasis on the quotation marks), there's one thing I agree with.
If you don't like this show or any other of the same standards as this to you, drop it. I can't stress this enough.
May 24, 2019 1:32 PM

Nov 2017
Oh I'll wait so long for kanao in action. She's beautiful butterfly.

May 25, 2019 9:40 AM

Jul 2008
Muzan is not to be messed with...
May 26, 2019 10:59 AM
Dec 2018
I really liked this episode, but how did he know that it was muzan thag killed his family? Didnt they say its just him that can turn her back??
May 26, 2019 1:15 PM

Jan 2015
DDcreature said:
I really liked this episode, but how did he know that it was muzan thag killed his family? Didnt they say its just him that can turn her back??

Because Nezuko was turned into a demon, and the only capable of that is Kibutsuji Muzan, moreover Tanjirou recognized the same scent of the murderer left at his house.
And no, it was never stated that only Kibutsuji could turn back demons into humans
May 26, 2019 1:56 PM
Apr 2019
Fl0ri4n said:
This anime is sooooo good. Every episode looks good and never has a dull moment

idk about that, all of episode 3 was extremely dull and boring
May 27, 2019 10:29 AM

Apr 2018
elementex said:
Fl0ri4n said:
This anime is sooooo good. Every episode looks good and never has a dull moment

idk about that, all of episode 3 was extremely dull and boring
Not surprising having such a delusional opinion seeing how you rate the animes you watch

May 27, 2019 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode!
but as expected Kibutsuji Muzan is a hybrid just like Nezuko but a more refined hybrid that just looks and acts like a human!
Now this is getting more complicated!
Does the Demon Killing Corps know about this information?!?!? i highly doubt!
5/5.

May 28, 2019 6:32 PM

Nov 2009
Dennoss said:

Wtf, lol xD

Anyway, pretty decent ep. Can't wait for more.

Actually my face...

I thought the story was taken place in old OLD Japan or something...

Didn't expect it to be in the 1800~1900s with Cars and shit already...

___ ___ ___

Also, holy shit, main bad dude literally turns people into demons with just a scratch, doesn't even need to splash his own blood or anything...

And he apparently have a Human family?... not sure if the little girl is actually his daughter by blood or not... cause if so, does that make her demi-demon?
amlgMay 28, 2019 6:39 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 29, 2019 9:29 AM

May 2009
amlg said:
I thought the story was taken place in old OLD Japan or something...

Didn't expect it to be in the 1800~1900s with Cars and shit already...

First episode had electric poles in town Tanjiro was visiting.
May 29, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
loving the MJ design. Muzan is literally a smooth criminal
May 29, 2019 12:22 PM
Dec 2018
Xenocrisi said:
DDcreature said:

Because Nezuko was turned into a demon, and the only capable of that is Kibutsuji Muzan, moreover Tanjirou recognized the same scent of the murderer left at his house.
And no, it was never stated that only Kibutsuji could turn back demons into humans
oh okay guess i was very tired when i watched the episode, but what was that one and only thing that could turn a demon to human then?
May 29, 2019 1:18 PM

Jan 2015
DDcreature said:
Xenocrisi said:

oh okay guess i was very tired when i watched the episode, but what was that one and only thing that could turn a demon to human then?

Watch the next episode
Jun 6, 2019 9:46 PM

Dec 2012
So... He's basically Michael Jackson with rabies

Jun 7, 2019 12:10 PM

Feb 2013
Muzan likes to play around with humans!
Jun 7, 2019 11:28 PM

Mar 2015
Muzan Kibutsuji seems like an epic villain, his introduction has me hyped. Also, I'm so shocked at how well the development of Nezuko's character is going. The girl barely speaks, but shes already badass and stilll kinda cute? at the same time. Very good job done with her.

"𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴? 𝘠𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

Jun 8, 2019 11:50 PM
Jun 2019
shane_nichols said:
Lol. I had training in thin air so I can easily stay underwater for 5 minutes. Lmao. That's just dumb writing.

Gotta say I agree. It's pretty lazy writing or translation. Sure people can train to hold there breath for long lengths of time, but the way it was put lols...

Also he can smell underwater? What??

This show is good but it has moments that are just wtf...
Jun 9, 2019 1:50 AM

Mar 2010
didnt want to watch this episode because of the asshole demon. hope we see MC kill him soon
Jun 30, 2019 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
And we finally got a face to Muzan...problem is Muzan knows him now too!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 17, 2019 2:29 PM

Feb 2017
Damn, didn't expect Muzan this early and he is scary af. I have no idea how Tanjiro will deal with this situation.
Jul 20, 2019 2:42 AM

Jan 2019
Lol Muzan looks like Michael Jackson from smooth criminal except more demon.

Really great episode Sadako did some good ass kickin and my boi Tadajiro is doing 10/10 keep on being great!
Jul 26, 2019 6:07 AM

Jul 2013
The hell? So the big bad guy is called Muzan and he wears a fedora? Lame ass mofo. He wasn't even able to sense Tanjiro and he got caught surprised so he had to make a scene. I don't know but I think this guy is just the tip of the iceberg
Jul 26, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2017
I'm a little surprised by the era they are in. I thought it was older toward 1400~1600 centuries.

Muzan looks like Michael Jackson! xD
Jul 27, 2019 8:47 PM

May 2013
I am SHOOK he left Nezu-chan there at the ramen stand all alone lmao.

Clever demon boss is clever :3

And that, boys and girls, is NOT how to give a hickey ;)
Aug 15, 2019 3:27 AM

Mar 2015
I actually screamed when he dropped that bowl of udon. IT'S PERFECTLY GOOD FOOD AT LEAST PUT IT DOWN INSTEAD OF DROPPING IT AAAAHH

And ofc Michael Jackson is in the modern Tokyo. Imagine this guy walking around the feudal countryside with a fedora of all things.
Aug 18, 2019 2:34 AM
Sep 2018
This episode was pretty good. But something I thought of afterwards, was when Tanjiro hands this dude a stack of the demon's lucky charms from killing people. That dude is going to be destroyed and pinned as the murderer, showing up to his dead fiancée’s parents with her bow and no one knows what happened to all those girls.
Aug 22, 2019 7:09 PM

Oct 2013
Nezuko-chan remained being best imouto, heh. Demon who grinded his teeth (or at least one of his clones) was destroyed and the new mission was assigned for Tanjirou.

I hope he paid for the udon, LOL! ;p

The art and epicness in this anime is overwhelming. Tanjirou's first contact with modern city (for the times in which the action is set in) was beautiful. I rarely see moments like that. So special and it's not only about sasuga animation etc., but general atmosphere you feel through the screen while watching the show.

Main villain's style looks so similar to Michael Jackson's style, haha. I'm wondering if he will be really the main villain. I wouldn't mind if we had something similar to Kira's case in JoJo Part 4, but in this episode we had a clear confrontation between main character and main villain. He might've created another demon, but indirect attack like that for me counts for a duel between Tanjirou and him.
AdnashAug 22, 2019 7:12 PM
Aug 22, 2019 11:24 PM

Mar 2014
Holy FUCK that ending

I didn't really put it together because I'm not familiar with Japanese time periods, but the Taisho Era is actually the roaring 20s!! Holy hell, Tanjiro's been living in the dark ages and got his first taste of a modern city here. And his first encounter with Muzan was not anything that I was expecting! He's pretending to be a human with his own fucking wife and kid (adopted I presume) AND HE FUCKING TURNED A GUY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. Goddamn, meeting the final boss this early and as expected things are about to go to hell really fast
Aug 23, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2018
Vysarine said:
Holy FUCK that ending

I didn't really put it together because I'm not familiar with Japanese time periods, but the Taisho Era is actually the roaring 20s!! Holy hell, Tanjiro's been living in the dark ages and got his first taste of a modern city here. And his first encounter with Muzan was not anything that I was expecting! He's pretending to be a human with his own fucking wife and kid (adopted I presume) AND HE FUCKING TURNED A GUY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. Goddamn, meeting the final boss this early and as expected things are about to go to hell really fast

It's cool how the series ignores common shounen timelines, isn't it? I was pleasantly surprised by the fast pacing when the training arc was so short and we get to see Muzan so early in the game :)
Aug 29, 2019 2:23 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kimetsu just got serious!
Wasting expecting them to just drop main baddy like that, that ending...
Nezuko is so cute as always.
Sep 5, 2019 7:42 AM

Apr 2012
GroovySensei said:
This episode was pretty good. But something I thought of afterwards, was when Tanjiro hands this dude a stack of the demon's lucky charms from killing people. That dude is going to be destroyed and pinned as the murderer, showing up to his dead fiancée’s parents with her bow and no one knows what happened to all those girls.

Hahah glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that, as if dude hadn't been through enough already.
Sep 19, 2019 1:30 AM

Jul 2016
WolfWood37 said:
Muzan is not to be messed with...

So glad I have started watchiung this anime.

So are all demons from him? Is that the idea? And the more blood he gives them the more powerful they are?
Sep 29, 2019 10:32 PM

Sep 2016
dopee that dude at the end gonna be big troublee
Facta Non Verba
Sep 30, 2019 4:23 AM

Mar 2015
Wow turned into a demon to wreak havoc, just like that!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 2, 2019 11:50 AM

Dec 2016
Tanjiro encountered the father of demons! :O That's madness the way he cuts someone's neck and passes the demon virus... the reaction is just too great!

Amazing episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 2, 2019 9:25 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was nutz! Michale Jackson came back and he’s turned suckers into demons and sticking it to human women. This is so confusion!
Oct 17, 2019 4:49 AM

Jun 2013

Me during that amazing fight
Me when Nezuko did her thing
Me when Muzan Kibutsujii was revealed so early on
Me when it's revealed that he has a human family
Me when he slashed that guy into a demon like it was nothing
Me when Tanjiro dropped that amazing looking bowl of udon
MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Nov 17, 2019 5:19 AM

Sep 2012
Muza has a strong shield
Nov 23, 2019 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
So the fight continued. I just love the way Nezuko fights. Tanjirou showed some amazing skill in this swamp and was able to kill the copies. I don't even want to imagine how it smelled there.

What a crazy reaction of that demon when Tanjirou asked him about Muzan. I guess it will take some time before Tanjirou is able to cure his sister. So she really regenerates in her sleep.

First mission complete and he got directly ordered to the next one. His reaction when he arrived in this big city was just priceless especially his derpy face he made :D

When he dropped that bowl of udon I knew it must be the smell he observed at his house. But damn. I didn't expect him to see Muzan so fast. And as it wasn't even worse enough he has a wife and a daughter....omg

It's crazy how fast Muzan is and how quickly that random guy on the street transformed into a demon and bit what I believe was his girlfriend? You could see how desperate Tanjirou really was in this situation. There wasn't really anything he could have done.

Nov 24, 2019 1:59 PM
May 2019
I really love Nezuko. She's like the intense, non-useless version of Sleeping Beauty. And I really think Tanjiro's sense of smell is improving day by day?

Muzan Kibutsuji looks freaking cool, but he's an evil bastard. Wonder how many fake human families he has while he goes around devouring people and turning others...

Great episode!
t_tomodachi22Nov 24, 2019 2:03 PM
Dec 26, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2012
Wow that villain looks sick and definitely looked like he didn't wanna clash Tanjro there, probably to maintain his cover as a human, but at least looks like he sees me as a threat.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 27, 2019 7:38 PM

Aug 2017
One of my favorite episodes.

Got to see the top tier waifu, Tamayo!!
Love you!!!

The first time I watched this, I was in shock. Never knew the King of Pop would make a cameo.

Jan 20, 2020 4:35 PM

May 2010
They have technology now...? Wasn't what I expected
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by HaremSevdalisi »»
Yesterday, 2:13 AM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.