3It was OK
6.0%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.6
1,510 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 18, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nezuko is not messing around :o

Pretty thrilling episode. I'm starting to see some confidence in Tanjirou now especially against that demon he's facing. Still doesn't change just how cruel their world is. Tanjirou's first assignment again shows him the reality of being a Demon Slayer.

Oh boy, a familiar face reappears again and I'm not surprised by Tanjirou's reaction.
May 18, 2019 8:49 AM
Oct 2012
that was pretty intense damn
May 18, 2019 9:26 AM

Jan 2015
Honestly, my favorite episode of the series.
The fight scenes were just amazing, the animation in some frames just wow.
Lmfao @ Tanjirou going to Asakusa.
Kimutsuji Muzan makes his appearance. Next episode is going to get even crazier

Can Nezuko get any cuter tho? Lol
She’s like super cute and strong at the same time, I can’t handle all this kawaiiness

Poor innocent guy, turned into a demon like it was nothing

XenocrisiMay 19, 2019 7:02 AM
May 18, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
Tanjirou managed to complete his first mission.

Nezuko is just too strong.

Kimutsuji Muzan makes an appearance and it seems he can turn others into demons.

May 18, 2019 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, that was intense.

Nezuko is awesome and lovable. <3
The fight sequences are great as always, especially the very final with Tanjuro emerging out of the swap to cut the demon was just pure awesome. Ufotable really nailing all the sword slashing sequences. XD

Interesting, what time period is this? I don't recall it being mentioned before, from the first few episode I thought it might be in the middle 1400-1600s or something, aligned with the warring states era or something but from what they showed of Tokyo, this looks like late 18th century or maybe even early 19th century assuming that is indeed electricity powering those street lamps and the tram's headlights.

Holy shit! That final sequence with who I assume is Muzan was just insane, so intense. I was staring at the screen with my open. What is his motive in all this?
May 18, 2019 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
Holy hell, what an amazing episode. Great action and I really dig the world building.

The intense development towards the end came unexpected, tho, but I'm taking it gladly. Hope shit will go down next week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2019 9:40 AM

Feb 2011
when you're a light novel harem protagonist

May 18, 2019 9:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fucking shit. That sudden confrontation, the shocking reveal and THEN THE SLICK KILL! HOLY SHIT, I'm like PogChamp!
May 18, 2019 9:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm going underwater and into the swamp that the demons created sure was an interesting tactic. Funny how the harsh training that Tanjirou went through actually helped negate the advantage that the demons were betting on. That underwater fight though brief was impressive. Seems that whoever Tanjirou is looking for is someone that even demon are fearful off. Its too bad about the fiancee though. But at least the town is safe and the mission was a success. The city thats served as the location for the second mission sure was quite the modern one. But it served as the perfect location to show not just how advanced humans have become but also how easily demons can blend into human society while feeding on them from the shadows. Overall an excellent ep that while doing well in concluding the fight against the demon trio also did well to show the beginnings of the teamwork between Tanjirou and Nezuko. At the same time the ep also did well in introducing the character of Muzan Kibutsuji as well. He looks to be a formidable foe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2016
Lelouch0202 said:

Interesting, what time period is this? I don't recall it being mentioned before, from the first few episode I thought it might be in the middle 1400-1600s or something, aligned with the warring states era or something but from what they showed of Tokyo, this looks like late 18th century or maybe even early 19th century assuming that is indeed electricity powering those street lamps and the tram's headlights.

It the Taisho Era, right after the Meiji era, around 1912 to 1926. While major city in Japan looked modern, most of Japan countryside still look like the middle age.
May 18, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
Lelouch0202 said:

The fight sequences are great as always, especially the very final with Tanjuro emerging out of the swap to cut the demon was just pure awesome. Ufotable really nailing all the sword slashing sequences. XD

Holy shit! That final sequence with who I assume is Muzan was just insane, so intense. I was staring at the screen with my open. What is his motive in all this?

Tanjirou told Hand Demon that they're in Taisho Period right now back in ep 4, which would be around early 1900s.

May 18, 2019 10:01 AM
Jun 2015
Lol. I had training in thin air so I can easily stay underwater for 5 minutes. Lmao. That's just dumb writing.
May 18, 2019 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
ExaltedChampion said:
Lelouch0202 said:

It the Taisho Era, right after the Meiji era, around 1912 to 1926. While major city in Japan looked modern, most of Japan countryside still look like the middle age.
EasyGo-er said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Tanjirou told Hand Demon that they're in Taisho Period right now back in ep 4, which would be around early 1900s.

Ah, cool. I probably forgot or missed it. I'm not too familiar with Japanese history so it probably didn't register with me as being in the early 1900's. Thanks.
May 18, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2014
very nice.

very very very very nice. that was nice. it was just nice
May 18, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2017
shane_nichols said:
Lol. I had training in thin air so I can easily stay underwater for 5 minutes. Lmao. That's just dumb writing.

There are people irl who can stay underwater for +15 minutes, normal people, no powers, no fantasy.
A guy who trained for 2 years in thin air and clearly has powers, like they show to us with that lung thing, can't stay 5 minutes without breathing?
May 18, 2019 10:09 AM

Dec 2012

Wtf, lol xD

Anyway, pretty decent ep. Can't wait for more.
May 18, 2019 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
Oh boy, what a bullshit.
So he can cut through water now?
And what's with that city? Looks like ~1930 or something.

2/5
May 18, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
Cuando el primo de provincia visita la capital...

Nezuko is better fighter than some shounen protagonists out there. As soon he got the job done, Tanjirou got another mission, but who would imagined that the place he was sent he'll see the guy behind the murder of his family (as far as we know). Muzan Kimutsuji is really despicable, a son of a bitch you want to be dead, don't know what to expect for the next episode, but sure we'll see some action.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 18, 2019 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
Is it just me or does anybody dislike the early meeting with Muzan? Right after the first mission, bam! here he is.
Today's episode is awesome as usual.

EDIT:
@Kamiyan3991 he seems specialized in water: water breathing technique, water-element sword attacks, so I don't see the inconsistency.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
May 18, 2019 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Oh boy, what a bullshit.

2/5

Oh yeah cutting underwater, that’s the problem right? ‘Cause demons, talking crows, etc make perfectly sense to you right?
Like, hello? This is not real nor reality. It’s an anime. Pointing out subtle things like this is just being over dramatic about everything this anime is trying to offer us

We are in taisho era, are you even paying attention to what they say? It was already stated, so yeah we are around early 1900

Just drop KnY already if you dislike every episode that comes out
May 18, 2019 10:25 AM

Dec 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Oh boy, what a bullshit.

2/5

Whoa, you really just trying to find a reason to hate the show now. Why don't you just save yourself the trouble and stop watching the show since you hate it so much.

And this set in the taisho era(1912-1926), maybe you should try to pay attention more to what the character said instead of nitpicking.
May 18, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
Oh boy, what a bullshit.

2/5

Are you an idiot?, its a fictional story in anime about demons, it doesn't need to make sense.
May 18, 2019 10:29 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit, this episode changes all my impression/ expectation about this series.

I originally feel like this series is pretty generic and cliche at first few episode, but then this episode's plot and execution really blows my mind for a typical battle shonen series.
The first half is the typical training/ fighting baddies happen in every typical battle shonen, but this episode really change the overall flow of the series and makes me actually extremely excited about the ongoing plot.

As always, UFO production value is absolutely insane.
Not only the combat scene/ frame beat the shit out of OPM S2 , the quality of background / scenery/ passengers of the village is like something out of Ghibli Film which really blow my mind for how a long-running TV series could achieve.

I checked some chapters of manga of first few episodes and was underwhelmed by the art and execution of the manga, but the anime transcend this series into something really special. This gorgeous adaptation is really what all the manga/ novel would dream to have in terms of quality and production value.

This series went from 7/10 to 9/10 in my book now.

Ventus_SMay 18, 2019 10:32 AM
May 18, 2019 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
Nezuko is best imouto. Beating the shit out of that demon was a sight to behold.

Derpy Tanjirou was pretty funny.

May 18, 2019 10:36 AM

Oct 2017
shane_nichols said:

You're pretty dumb to assume that is water too lolz

If that mud thing is really vacuum or like underwater which human cannot breathe, their victims will instantly die inside and make them taste worse.

There's some air in that mud, it's not really "water"

Also to criticize and complain about something as minor as that in a fantasy anime is pretty pathetic and petty. I bet you often write some of the most useless reviews out there because your focus and attention is completely on the wrong thing when you watch any film.
May 18, 2019 10:36 AM

Dec 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Oh yeah cutting underwater, that’s the problem right? ‘Cause demons, talking crows, etc make perfectly sense to you right?
Like, hello? This is not real nor reality. It’s an anime. Pointing out subtle things like this is just being over dramatic about everything this anime is trying to offer us

It's an anime... so what?
That's sounds like really lame excuse for author coming up with some bs mechanic.
Fantasy/supernatural actually needs to make sense. It's called "internal logic and consistency".

Here we have a guy who breaths underwater and cut through water like nothing.
Lazy writing is lazy.
May 18, 2019 10:38 AM

Jan 2018
My reaction watching this

Nezuko showing off her strength without demon blood arts is <3
I can't wait for the next episode ԅ(♡﹃♡ԅ)
May 18, 2019 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
Xenocrisi said:

That's sounds like really lame excuse for author coming up with some bs mechanic.
Fantasy/supernatural actually needs to make sense. It's called "internal logic and consistency".

Lazy writing is lazy.

Nothing in the film indicate that the mud thing is "real water" lmao.
You're just assuming is water and try to justify it.

Also your criticism is really pathetic. Guess you can never enjoy nice thing and constantly want to neatpick something that's so trivial .
May 18, 2019 10:42 AM
Jun 2015
shane_nichols said:
he trained for about a year on that mountain running and avoiding obstacles and traps and on the mountain there is very minimal air which would result in the Tanjorou having to increase his lung capacity in order to efficiently run down that mountain so Tanjorou being able to stay for a quite a long time underwater isn't dumb writing, it's common sense
May 18, 2019 10:44 AM

Apr 2016
This episode was really good.. But

It has an incredible animation and a really good sound, but it has a little problem in the narrative since it usually escapes many times as it happened with training AND that is a grave problem. The other problem is that the villain is very similar to Akira Yoshikage and has part of the main conflict that he faces without counting that part of the style is quite similar.
May 18, 2019 10:45 AM
Jun 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Oh boy, what a bullshit.

2/5
he didn't cut through water, the sudden movement in his upper body and lower body moved in opposite directions creating a force strong enough to create a vortex(whirlpool) he explained It in the episode. I'm starting to think that you can't read
May 18, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2015
Kidnapped girl who saw nothing, piece of cloth with 'trophies' from missing people.. am I the only one thinking that poor guy is gotta get caught for serial murder?
May 18, 2019 10:48 AM
Apr 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Lazy writing is lazy.

You complain about internal logic and consistency, but you totally forgot about Tanjirou cutting a massive boulder that no one else could and then complain about him being able to use sword movements underwater? Grow a brain.

Tanjirou has basically been practicing breathing for 2 years on a mountain with very thin air. What makes the idea of him holding his breath underwater for a few minutes inconsistent? If you're not baiting like crazy(good job if you are) then please attend kindergarten again or something
May 18, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
Ventus_S said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Lazy writing is lazy.

Nothing in the film indicate that the mud thing is "real water" lmao.
You're just assuming is water and try to justify it.

Also your criticism is really pathetic. Guess you can never enjoy nice thing and constantly want to neatpick something that's so trivial .

Mud is an earth that has been mixed with water. You clearly can't casually go there for 10+ mins.
Oh man, you must be a genius to assume that I "can never enjoy nice thing" because I dislike lazy writing. What a joke.

Boplek said:

You complain about internal logic and consistency, but you totally forgot about Tanjirou cutting a massive boulder that no one else could and then complain about him being able to use sword movements underwater?

Except I didn't? It's just getting dumber and dumber.
May 18, 2019 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
Best episode so far, the fight against the swamp demon (both in thw water and in land) was cool and the ending scene was amazing. Looking forward next episode.

Also, Muzan Kibutsuji may be a bastard, but he looks incredibly badass, with his Michael Jackson fedora and the way he turned that guy into a demon using his nails. It helps he's voiced by Toshihiko Seki too, I love when he voices villain characters.
May 18, 2019 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Nezuko is no rat, she can fend off the demons on her own. Still the tri-personality demon was a handful...

Here I thought Muzan would be a scary looking demon sitting atop the food chain. Surprised that Tanjiro came across him so early.
May 18, 2019 10:58 AM

Dec 2016
Artgon said:

It has an incredible animation and a really good sound, but it has a little problem in the narrative since it usually escapes many times as it happened with training AND that is a grave problem. The other problem is that the villain is very similar to Akira Yoshikage and has part of the main conflict that he faces without counting that part of the style is quite similar.

Don't worry, he have nothing like Kira.
May 18, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2015
This episode is so awesome that Muzan Finally appeared and his voice is so sexy! Muzan is So cunning.
RHS100May 18, 2019 1:30 PM
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
May 18, 2019 11:05 AM
Sep 2018
Wait Electricity this is early 1900. It would be so sick of there is a Demon Slayer wielding guns
May 18, 2019 11:05 AM
Aug 2012
This is turning out to be one of my most favorite anime of the season. The subtle emotions shown between the siblings is great and i love monologues. If only Shirou got half his monologues in UBW, it would have been a much better adaptation.

Also people, its been 7 weeks. You really should stop responding to trolls and use the report button. Don't play by their rules and ruin your own enjoyment.

May 18, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
shane_nichols said:

I mean, I can stay underwater for 5+ minutes, and the only training I've ever received was when I was 11 when my uncle taught me for a little while when he came for some work stuff.

Oh, and I've also suffocated because of thin air and I can safely say it's much easier to hold your breath than it is trying to breath in thin air
May 18, 2019 11:12 AM
Jan 2019
I just HATE the CGI use of my dear tanjirou
Good ep overall
May 18, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
Man they really made this an wonderful journey

no doubt this is probably the best episode till now,i really like underwater battle and finally Kibitsuji Muzan makes his appearance.

Also the visuals of Tokyo

Man Ufotable is really killing it.

May 18, 2019 11:14 AM
Jan 2019
Tanjirou used Whirlpool!
It's super effective!
May 18, 2019 11:15 AM
Aug 2018
Damn.... Kibutsuji is really laying down one the demon slayers.

Nezuko is kicking ass at the same time.

descent episode tbh
May 18, 2019 11:16 AM

Mar 2017
Oh. My. God! That was the best episode so far!

I did not expect that little twist! It's really scary how easily that dude can turn someone into a demon! Tanjirou is in waaaay over his head at his current level
May 18, 2019 11:25 AM

Oct 2017
Akahiro said:
I just HATE the CGI use of my dear tanjirou
Good ep overall

This is by far the best CGI usage you can find in an anime.
Stop against CGI for the sake of against CGI.
Without it you can hardly find such flawless and smooth animation and gorgeous scenery which you're seeing right now on a TV series. (Which usually suffers from drop in quality as late as episode 7 which is pretty late into a serie)
May 18, 2019 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
Mizan having a family. Yikes, that definitely thru Tanjirou off. Felt bad for the kid that lost his fiance and all. Great episode overall.
May 18, 2019 11:28 AM

Apr 2015
What a great way to introduce us to the Main Villain! this and also the atmosphere reminds me of Kira first appearances in JoJo Part IV. Wasn't expecting to get to the bad guy this soon, dunno if its just a introduction but hope we get at least a little more depth on him and his personality this early on, because this episode sure made me interested.
May 18, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
ExaltedChampion said:
Artgon said:

Don't worry, he have nothing like Kira.

They may not seem physical, but if you think about their role, it is quite similar in how they hide to fulfill their purpose and in how they use their resources along with their elegant style.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
5 hours ago

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.