Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 26, 2019 12:50 AM

Oct 2008
Well looks like things are not going well between Dororo and Hyakkimaru!
and we got another repeat trouble with Itachi interested with Dororo's tatoo!
4/5.

Apr 26, 2019 1:22 AM
Dec 2010
cptlee39 said:
shittons of crossfades seemed almost like a technical oversight or something

So, so, so many hard cuts that it just threw off the entire episode. Coupled with the very strange animation it turns into a gigantic failure. I knew something was really off early and the moment Hyakkimaru started running (sliding) up that hill I was like "wooooow, what is happening?"

Easily the worst episode of the series so far.
Apr 26, 2019 4:11 AM
Mar 2019
You are all gonna shut it when the next ep comes stop criticising the creators and bugdets it's nothing to do with that
I mean what's wrong with you guys it's an EPIC show and something like this was expected to happen what kinda fans are you guys!!?
Apr 26, 2019 6:58 AM

Apr 2013
I think the animation looks really funny, but hopefully it will return to decent quality next week.
Apr 26, 2019 6:59 AM
Apr 2019
Omaiwashinduru said:
You are all gonna shut it when the next ep comes stop criticising the creators and bugdets it's nothing to do with that
I mean what's wrong with you guys it's an EPIC show and something like this was expected to happen what kinda fans are you guys!!?

You can't just say whatever and leave it just because rest of the anime is pretty good, it just shows a lack of care and time from the creators, but i heard its a different director for this episode only. if we just are acting delusionally like everything is fine, more studios will try to cut corners and ruin animes. just cuz we are fans doesn't mean anything bad , even unwatchable episodes made by the creators are okay and should be ignored
Apr 26, 2019 7:14 AM
Mar 2019
sbrestart said:
Omaiwashinduru said:

You can't just say whatever and leave it just because rest of the anime is pretty good, it just shows a lack of care and time from the creators, but i heard its a different director for this episode only. if we just are acting delusionally like everything is fine, more studios will try to cut corners and ruin animes. just cuz we are fans doesn't mean anything bad , even unwatchable episodes made by the creators are okay and should be ignored
I get it completely but it shouldn't be like this it's not just about this forum I've been to a few places and ppl are saying some serious shit about the animation and especially the new director so I got a little pissed off.
Apr 26, 2019 7:15 AM
Apr 2019
Omaiwashinduru said:
sbrestart said:

I get it completely but it shouldn't be like this it's not just about this forum I've been to a few places and ppl are saying some serious shit about the animation

You mean serious bad shit about the animation? but it is very shit, most of the critizisism is deserved but only for this episode
Apr 26, 2019 9:07 AM
Oct 2017
I feel like they were really saving their budget on this episode, the animation was worse than the Naruto Fillers.
Apr 26, 2019 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
I'm sure everyone has said this already but, goddamn the animation sucked in this episode.
It was actually embarrassing to watch.
Apr 27, 2019 9:41 AM
Jan 2018
OppaiLover-_- said:
I feel like they were really saving their budget on this episode, the animation was worse than the Naruto Fillers.

Not everything is down to budget . It's the guy in charge of the epiosde mostly
Apr 27, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
Ok, this episode was so cool!!! We were able to hear Hyakkimaru's voice so much, and Dororo is growing up beautifully, questioning about changing the future. Nice cliffhanger, beautiful music and weird animation quality... some shots were bad, like really bad, and some were great.

This anime is one of my favourites so far.
Apr 27, 2019 4:12 PM

Feb 2014
Ghost kids, yep, that's very Tesuka like.
Apr 28, 2019 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
Animation quality has dropped in this episode unfortunately.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2019 4:05 AM
Dec 2018
Ok what was this fever dream of episode? The animation, editing and generally the story were so....odd.
Felt like some unexperienced students did that. I really hope that was a one-time thing, otherwise the anime is kinda going the DitF route, just with less story and more animation fuckery

and no aliens.
Apr 29, 2019 6:30 PM

Nov 2016
I know this has been said but damn the animation looked like fucking shit this episode lmao
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Apr 30, 2019 12:02 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, I don't care so much about the animation but oh my, that was horrible.

It seems that Hyakkimaru doesn't give a fuck about the villagers lol.

The ending and the kids conveniently appearing to save Dororo were so random.

Bad arc.

I miss episodes like the spider women -.-
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 30, 2019 10:43 AM
May 2008
what a disaster. terrible animation, pacing and directing.
the cuts between scenes. wtf is going on. it made no sense at all.
and how can you just end the episode like that?
this is worse than gurren lagann episode 4
May 1, 2019 10:09 PM

Dec 2015
While those episodes felt pretty flat story-wise, I like the idea/theme behind it. Also, the visual style of this episode was great and made it more interesting to watch (peoples like to consume standardized/streamlined brands, I guess)

4/5 Pretty good in the way the feeling of disconnection (in styles) seems like a symptom of the disconnection between the heroes.
Rei_IIIMay 1, 2019 10:28 PM
May 5, 2019 2:29 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This episode took an unexpectedly dark turn in a way I never anticipated. It seems that whatever “good” deeps one might do, it always turns to be bad on the greater scale of things, making you question all sort of stuff.
I think that probably Hyakkimaru is so skilled at fighting is because he has a non-human part, thus easily exceeding the limit of the human body, so probably as he gains back his human parts, he'll grow slower and weaker. I hope not.
Dororo should have never gone solo, and Hyakimaru shouldn't have been that injured, only then they could have overcome Itachi.
May 5, 2019 5:09 AM

May 2016
This was a really gray episode since I'm in no position to determine which between Hyakkimaru and the villagers' actions were really justifiable. Sabame burnt down an orphanage, killed the head matron and fed the children to his Demon wife to make his own village prosper while Hyakkimaru assaulting one of the moth babies in his quest for revenge led to one thing after another and burnt down the whole village along with every single grain of their food supply, affecting not only the villagers that were in with the orphanage incident and their tourist trap modus operandi but also the children in the village.

Seeing the ghosts of the children made me feel really bad about their fate but Dororo's lucky to receive help from them when she really needed to. Dororo's frustrated about how things turned out and her little stroll away from Hyakki went from bad to worse when Itachi popped up and kidnapped her for the other half of the map.

May 5, 2019 6:17 AM

Dec 2017
I don't know why, the moth lady looks so beautiful and elegant imo, no wonder the lord of the village fell for her.

Kinda curious why this thread pop-up on top of the most recent episode, turns out that many people are complaining about the animation. :/
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 5, 2019 8:43 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah the animation was alittle wack compared to the other eps but I can get over that. THE PACING THOUGH LIKE WHAT. It was all over the place. Least favorite ep so far. Still love the show and hope it picks back up next ep.
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜
May 6, 2019 5:05 PM
Apr 2018
I liked the story: Hyakkimaru has a very clear goal. Though there were so many things unexplained that it got too confusing. Messiest episode so far.
May 8, 2019 9:18 AM

Apr 2015
this episode was just boring, aside from poor animation and direction.
May 9, 2019 12:29 AM

Feb 2016
Does anyone else dislike Dororo? Like I bet she's a kid, but damn she's always getting herself Hyakkimaru in trouble and it's starting to get annoying. After nearly getting killed for taking shelter from a stranger who poisoned them, the next episode she does the same thing. Like come on
May 10, 2019 8:51 AM
Dec 2012
Did I miss something here, when did Hyakkimaru get his arms back?!..... The scene looking over the village he still had his prosthetics but at the end of the scene in the lake he had "real" arms and using a sword?! Am I mixing up ep 14 with 15 or did I just miss a whole fight scene where he got his arms back?! #AskingForAFriend #AKAMe
May 11, 2019 4:27 AM

Oct 2015
This episode's art is quite bad U_U
I've to decrease the score for now.

I hope it will be better and better on the remaining episodes.
May 13, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2012
Worst Episode of the series so far. Everything just felt rushed and ended anticlimatic.
How I love a game
May 14, 2019 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
Dat quality animation tho

Holy crap, the moment when Hyakkimaru was running in the forest made Ace Attorney's anime first season feel fluid in comparison lol

Otherwise pretty okay (?) episode. Gotta say everything felt rushed beyond belief.

DanpmssMay 14, 2019 1:25 AM
May 17, 2019 10:32 AM

Feb 2013
Dororo shouldn't feel sorry for that village, they got what they deserved.
May 21, 2019 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. Feel kinda bad for the villagers.

May 25, 2019 9:50 PM

Aug 2010
Animation is going downhill wth this was one of the most beautiful animated series this last season and the quality just dropped suddenly kind of disappointed and i hope its only temporal cuz im really digging this anime
May 26, 2019 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
I don't post to the forums often but this episode was SO bad that I had to take a lot at the Episode 15 Discussion to see if I wasn't the only one. To my relief, many other people agreed, and noticed just how awful the art/animation is compared to the prior 14 episodes. Low-quality. Lots of reused frames. The worst and most uneventful fight scenes ever. Of course, this episode is a lot of other animes' bests... in other words, I'm not ungrateful. Work was still put into the episode. But the audacity they have to make it so obvious that less effort was placed into this episode then the others is pretty bad.

But the low-quality animation, which everyone else seems to have noticed, is just 50% of my concerns. And it seems others recognized my other concern alongside me: the plot holes. AND this arc was incredibly rushed. AND it felt a little "willy nilly" with all the jumpcuts and scene changes.
- Can we talk about that dreadfully long sequence where Hyak just FOLLOWS the Lord through the woods... what a time waster! (Side note, remember that painfully awkward scene where Hyak is running up a hill zig-zagging through trees, seemingly floating through the plane? Ack.)
- And throwing Kyak's brother in there was so irrelevant to anything else going on in the episode -- it could've been used later on. Maybe it originally was but they ripped it out of a future episode and slapped it in this one to meet their time threshold.
- What about the female ghoul seen with the "baby monster" in Episode 14? Why were her origins never explored? Even if she was the nun, why does she try to convince people to buy things from her?
- The moth demon's human counterpart -- the Lord's "wife"? The only time her human form is ever seen is in Episode 14, and only for brief moments. It doesn't seem right (in the THEME song sequence) for her to be the focal point of that one frame, with her (more frequently seen) husband standing behind her.
- How was Dororo able to find a flame to burn down the shed? He found oil but how'd he create the fire? We CAN speculate, but we shouldn't have to. It would've been smart from a director's standpoint to clarify how Dororo found a way to ignite a flame in that cavern.
-- Speaking of the cavern, why is it so giant? If it were a room, that'd be one thing. But when Dororo tried escaping from those caterpillars, she was sprinting through an all-out cave. Did they really build a rice storage shed on top of a ditch?
-- And how come the ditch just HAPPENED to be full of demons? Did the demons decide to burrow under it after the storage shed was built? Or was this their home before and the Lord thought it'd be a smart idea to build a storage shed (you know, containing the village's most valuable assets) on top of the demons?
- How did Hyak know where the main demon was? (What, hiding under a lake? Since when can bugs fully submerge themselves underwater. A key trait of the species of animals is that water is a weakness to them.) Furthermore, the transition to that scene was awful. One second Dororo and Hyak are in the woods, and the next second Hyak is alone on a boat in the middle of the lake (Dororo is later revealed to be on the shore.) I was left confused as to what was going on, since the prior scene didn't give us any insight as to what was happening. A viewer shouldn't have to feel as if they're missing context when a new scene is being presented, but the lack of prior set up did just that.
- Sabume (I think that's the Lord's name) died. But how? Didn't the staff think his death would be relevant? Maybe his fate doesn't contribute anything to the plot, but if the Japanese feel characters' bloodtypes are necessary knowledge then surely they could've given an indication as to HOW he died... being that he's in the fricking theme song.
- It was never revealed why his soul appeared white to Hyak but was outlined with reddish dots.
- When the moth flew into the tower, how was it able to cause an explosion? The watchman was holding a torch. However it's not like there was any oil up there... ...and I know it wasn't technically an explosion, but the fire spread in a matter of nanoseconds. I mean come on.
---> BIG issue with me: the watch tower "explosion". ... There wasn't even a transition frame displaying the in-tact tower to the pile of rubble. No transition. One second it's fine. The next it's a flame pile of wood planks. That had to be the worst modern animated explosion sequences I've ever seen. It reminded me of the low-quality of 80's and 90's cartoons.

Episode 14 was FINE in my opinion! It was a great episode, like any other, but it's a shame the two episode arc had to end in such a crappy way. Episode 15 had a noticeably less impressive animation AND had too much going on but in an incredibly confusing way.

... also, some of these concerns of mine are major. And while initially only including the major concerns, more things began to dawn on me over time, and so my list grew. Therefore I'll at least acknowledge that I'm nitpicking at some points.

I know I said this a few times, but I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed all of this stuff. I mean... it's just so obvious. Never, when watching the first 14 episodes, did this kinda stuff dawn on me but the fact that this stuff was able to capture my attention. Yikes. I hope anime's staff was just having a crappy week and they gain some composure in the succeeding episodes.
removed-userMay 26, 2019 10:45 PM
May 26, 2019 10:52 PM
Jul 2018

AYE, guess I wasn't the only one who noticed this part! YIKES. How did that even slip past the production team. Did they watch this and think "Wow, nice work animation team. This will totally help our image."
removed-userJul 12, 2019 2:57 AM
May 26, 2019 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Finally, I agree that people shouldn't call the animation style of this episode "crap". It is hard to do, and the team should get SOME respect for their efforts instead of dissing the entire thing as a whole. HOWEVER, people lambasting OTHER people for SAYING the animation is crap with the REASON that "animating is hard" are also at fault here. When people say the animation of this episode is "crap", think of it instead as "Dear Dororo animation team. We've seen your potential these past 14 episodes. Why did you drop the ball when you're clearly capable of more?" ESPECIALLY since budgets PROBABLY weren't the problems here. Someone else made a good point in this thread -- animation teams probably don't run low on budgets mid-production. ..... It seems a lot of people are mentioning "deadlines", and therefore I too will go with that assumption. The team was probably just running close to a deadline. If so, though, then postpone the episode. Or hire some additional temporary staff.

Ultimately I'll put a cap on my complaints. Some people are saying that this episode had a different director or something (which is why the plot seemed so awful). And hey, maybe we had some different animators too. PLUS, I haven't watched beyond episode 15 so maybe it gets better..... and it probably does. In the end, I hope the team sees the negative reaction and learns from it. In turn, hopefully, they don't make these mistakes in future episodes they're in charge of.
May 30, 2019 6:13 AM
Jun 2017
Wow, was catching up on some episodes because I finally got some free time and holy crap this episode was terrible. Both Hakimaru and Dororo were out of character.

We've already established with the spider lady episode that not everyone is evil and now we are doing a repeat of that with dororo being mad at Hakimaru who supposedly was the bad guy for attacking them, even though he was only defending himself after the worm thing tried to kill him the night before.

Not only that, there was apparently pact with the demon people to sacrifice an orphanage for prosperity, but dororo ignores that just to paint Hakimaru as the evil character. A moth gets injured and instead of asking the village to kill hyakimaru it burns the village down instead? Why? They are allies supposedly so they would hunt down haki and dororo for the sake of securing their prosperity. How was a moth burning the village down Hakimaru's fault? Was he supposed to just let them feed on him?

On top of that! There was a scene about the leader of the village watching a repeat of people being sefish, which felt like trying too hard to add some deeper meaning to the scene.

Half baked storytelling, confusing messages.
Jun 5, 2019 7:16 PM

Dec 2016
I knew something is up with that lord! But the villagers?? Didn't see that comming...

What the hell did I just saw? What just came in Hyakkimaru's back oAo; that was very terrifying to watch!

Itachi again? When he appears, something bad happens =~= but why the duo are so faraway from each other? That will complicate things... You were very irresponsible Hyakki, go save Dororo!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 17, 2019 7:40 PM

Aug 2015
Osamu Kobayashi was hired to direct this one episode and his artistic vision was terrible. I had thought this was maybe budget and deadline related at first but this is mostly due to his odd "blob style". Very disappointing.

It was an interesting delve into Hyakimaru's darker side. A shame this new character exploration had to happen in an episode that looks so bad and is paced so poorly.
Jun 19, 2019 12:04 AM

Apr 2015
Puzzled about the comments as I thought this was the best one yet.
Jul 4, 2019 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
Jesus, money was tight this episode...
Jul 6, 2019 7:31 AM
Jun 2013
This was NOT a good episode. Art and animation were terrible. Story was not explained particularly well and the final scenes of the episode were not smooth. How did Itachi just randomly find Dororo? Oh and of course it has to be when she's alone... Then there was a random jump to the brother training for some reason when he has nothing to do with the episode...

I'm getting so tired of Dororo being so useless. Yes, she's just a kid, but can she get a slingshot, a bow and arrow, something?! EVERY episode she's just calling for "aniki". She's always running into danger by herself but all she can do is throw rocks...What is she even adding to the journey at this point? Even the map on her back isn't an accomplishment; it's a gift her mom/father gave her.
Aug 5, 2019 11:24 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was directed pretty badly. The animation was bad and so is the flow of the story.
Aug 17, 2019 8:46 AM

Dec 2018
Welp.... this episode waz.... bizzare. So many butchered scenes, I can guess.

So after the moth escaped from Hyakkimaru it flee and deliberately crash itself into a watchtower then it exploded, what? lol.

Hyakkimaru now have a backbones.

What a cliffhanger lol haha, didn't expect it's gonna end right there since there's no tense whatsoever.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 20, 2019 8:36 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm the village were left for worse after taking care of the demons..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 21, 2019 12:02 AM

Jan 2013
What the fuck happened to the amination? did the budget get slashed in half?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2019 2:43 PM

Jan 2017
Thebigofan said:
What the fuck happened to the amination? did the budget get slashed in half?

The map on Dororo's back lead to the animation budget all along.
Oct 29, 2019 3:20 AM

Jul 2013
I think they did the right thing otherwise those villagers would kill countless more just so they could live in peace and prosper. The whole thing was gray though doesn't matter what they did, nothing is gonna be 100% right or wrong.
Oct 30, 2019 11:49 AM

Nov 2017
LOL people complaining about the spectacular artsy animation in the creepy place. It's the creepy place, everything is a little bit off! Man.
Mar 1, 2020 7:30 AM

Feb 2019
uhh what a creepy village, everyone with that posed look

dororo is so dead lol got trapped

the classic storehouse and moth girl wife *lennyface*

T.T that creepy baby is the colony of orphan kids fed to the monster T.T I cry

the people of that village are all crooked damn

aniki's is like Genos now, oh wtf he had prosthetic spine, how?

Aniki just wants his body back, he doesn't give a shit about everything else
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 1, 2020 7:30 AM

Feb 2019
uhh what a creepy village, everyone with that posed look

dororo is so dead lol got trapped

the classic storehouse and moth girl wife *lennyface*

T.T that creepy baby is the colony of orphan kids fed to the monster T.T I cry

the people of that village are all crooked damn

aniki's is like Genos now, oh wtf he had prosthetic spine, how?

Aniki just wants his body back, he doesn't give a shit about everything else
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.