Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 7, 2019 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
How is your life rn and why do you spend time on MAL?
Hush-hush, Shh! :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2019 1:59 PM

Jun 2016
Right hur.

My life is okay, thanks for asking. Job, place to live, enough money left over to spend on myself here and there...could be better but it's alright for now.

Don't spend much time here anymore, just pop in here and there when I'm bored.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Apr 7, 2019 3:19 PM

Sep 2012
Life's doing absolutely terrible and there are no signs of it ever getting better. Surviving thanks to SSRIs.

I used to spend way more time here, now I'm mostly just at the episode discussions, and sometimes I decide to take a look at casual discussion.
Why do I spend time here? Because anime, of course.
Apr 7, 2019 3:22 PM

Jul 2015
I'm fine, thanks for asking. Got back into anime a couple years ago, met the woman of my life here, got dumped, and now I'm a ghost haunting this depressing place.
Apr 7, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2014
Slightly over. Life is good. I come on MAL because I like anime and I like discussion (anime-related or otherwise).
Apr 7, 2019 4:25 PM
Apr 2018
Life is okay: enough to live and spend of hobbies. However, I want it to improve so that's why I'm also studying.

I like lists and one day I started a Google doc to organize all anime I had watched/favourites/dropped/etc. Later that day, I remembered this site and here I am. I use "daily" because it's basically the only place I have on which I can discuss anime and manga.
Apr 7, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2012
Deathko said:
met the woman of my life here, got dumped, and now I'm a ghost haunting this depressing place.

Lol, and here I thought I was the only one who that had happened to.
Apr 7, 2019 5:41 PM

Apr 2012
op is looking for a sugar daddy

hit her up

Apr 7, 2019 6:12 PM

Mar 2019
I'm 30 which is rather scary to realize and my life is fine. I just came back after I used to be here in 2009, being scared at how quickly a decade passes.

It's not as bad as it would appear because I thankfully stopped aging at 18 or something and still look that age and I certainly haven't lost that joie-de-vivre of doing Hitler salutes purely to be edgy so I fit right in here.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Apr 7, 2019 6:21 PM

Jul 2015
Fenryr19 said:
Deathko said:
met the woman of my life here, got dumped, and now I'm a ghost haunting this depressing place.

Lol, and here I thought I was the only one who that had happened to.

It only happens to be the best, mate. *gives him a bropat on the back*
Apr 7, 2019 6:23 PM

Jun 2014
I'm in my early 30s.

My life was going pretty good, but ever since last night, I now want to kill myself due to seeing something disturbing on my computer. I hope that I can get it out of my mind, and feel better soon.

I'm on MAL, because I like Anime, and I don't have anything else to do with my life.

Apr 8, 2019 10:31 AM

Jun 2016
Sphinxter said:
It's not as bad as it would appear because I thankfully stopped aging at 18 or something and still look that age and I certainly haven't lost that joie-de-vivre of doing Hitler salutes purely to be edgy so I fit right in here.
Same! I'm 28 but I look more like 21 or 22 at oldest and I'm even more edgy than I was as a teenager.

Life is going ok-ish: at 28 I'm starting to build a decent circle of friends again and recently graduated with a degree in a major I really enjoyed, I finally have a job and one that's really laid back and easy even if it only pays a little, and I'm starting to get out more and go to anime conventions and other gatherings (planning on going to a metal concert soon).
At 24 I had no friends after loosing the ones I had in high school, hated my major, was unemployed and broke, had severe social anxiety, and was suicidally depressed. Considering that, things have gotten alot better since then.
Apr 8, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2008
Life is routine. Early twenties were my best years. Past two years haven't been great, largely due to a break-up and general aimlessness.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Apr 8, 2019 11:20 AM

Feb 2008
I'm turning 26 next month and doing just fine with life.

Anime is a habit more than a passion, something I've been following (on MAL) for over a decade now. I'm probably in the twilight years (year?) of my time with anime as there isn't much left that I have interest in watching. Perhaps I'll just replace anime with manga since manga has more variety.
Apr 8, 2019 11:28 AM
Oct 2018

I don't have friends in real life. I don't use mobile. I spend most time alone because whenever me and my parents talk, it always end up in unwanted quarrel.

Here I get to chat without worrying about shitty stuff that always happens in real life conversations.
Apr 8, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2017
When I spend time on MAL it's because i definetely have nothing else to do, I'm on student visa and already finished my goals in Australia for now. Anyway I still have a year left and life's been great for me.
It's almost certain that I will leave MAL for a while after i get a job in Texas but I still can manage some time to my hobbies, the best thing of being an Lawyer is work at home.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Apr 8, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2008
I have some time that I devote to posting, etc. here and I enjoy it.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Apr 8, 2019 11:34 AM

Mar 2011
Odd realization, like when a stalker notices there is another stalker perusing the same person.

I'm here to read the posts while not answering but also realized the OP is doing the same thing--neither of us have disclosed anything and definitely reading the responses.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 8, 2019 11:51 AM

Nov 2016
Silverstorm said:
Odd realization, like when a stalker notices there is another stalker perusing the same person.

I'm here to read the posts while not answering but also realized the OP is doing the same thing--neither of us have disclosed anything and definitely reading the responses.

Did he reply?

Fuck, you ladies are thirsty but at least you know how to be thirsty.
Apr 8, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2011
Thanakos said:

Did he reply?

Fuck, you ladies are thirsty but at least you know how to be thirsty.
I mean, if you can view and "shop" on one website (Amazon) why not another (MAL) haha
Apr 8, 2019 4:17 PM

Oct 2010
I'm a man since I was 18, currently 28. My life is just cute guy doing cute guy things like going to work with a hangover or buying food at the local supermarket.
Apr 8, 2019 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
What about women over 25, preferably in SoCal?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Apr 9, 2019 3:09 AM

Sep 2018
I am over 25 and I don't spend all my time on here. I might check every 2-3 hours during the day but stop at late afternoon.

I am about 75% sure the OP is a dude masquerading as a woman as that's the sort of crap people think is funny on this site.
Apr 9, 2019 3:15 AM

Mar 2018
yea and I’m single, wut about u hun
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Apr 9, 2019 9:50 PM

Dec 2017
Just turned 29. Happily married for 3 years and now that we got a young blood in the house, I feel like much of my time is taken up by family matters and more so in the future but I'm not complaining though. House mortgage is fucking hell everything else however is manageable by simple discipline. Also, not living in the US is a massive help.

Apr 9, 2019 9:52 PM

Jul 2015
26 currenly do am
just chugging along up corporaet ladder.
Apr 9, 2019 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
youre on an anime site where alt right weebs who never outgrew being 12 but are in their mid-late 20s are rampant so
stupid question
Apr 10, 2019 8:58 AM

Sep 2018
not over 25 , but life is fine atm. I don't spend more than 30 minutes a week on this place.
Apr 10, 2019 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
Turning 26 in a few months.

Idk I'm kind of shitty... quarter life crisis maybe. The rat race is running me ragged. I might switch career fields... also owning a car is stupid expensive. I throw myself into shitty relationships that I regret and I can't seem to get a handle on my health and get back to physical peak that I hit around 22... Aside from that like its going. I'm still around I guess.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 10, 2019 1:05 PM

Oct 2016
I'm 26 always get guessed 19 because off my babyface xD

I'm on Mal just on the forums kinda to meet new people and here and see what kind off opinions they have on anime ofc.

to increase my to watch list because I like difference in how people look at anime and genres some people give an anime a 5 here on Mal and they can be quite good I always ask suggestions off people in the one on one conversations I have now.

And ofc to keep track off all my animes xD haha ;)
Apr 15, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2015
I'm over 24.

Currently jobless and single. Planning to move to a different country this fall to study.

I visit MAL to check if any of my on-hold reads are ending soon, so that I may binge read them, and also to update the few anime I watch. Have been actively reducing my appetite for anime and manga for the past 1-2 years.

Hopefully my life will be on track after completing further studies.
Apr 15, 2019 10:29 AM

Feb 2019
I'm on MAL because it's a nice neutral ground to discuss anime. There are people from all over the world here so it's cool to see what they think about stuff. There are sub-forums for music, TV, games, and politics so the rule isn't "Talk about anime... Or else." On the flipside, it's not wildly off-topic so you can have a discussion and the mod team will keep an SnK thread from devolving into a fast food thread.

Life is going better for me now than it was a decade ago. I'm in good shape, I have my own place, I have a full time job, and having turned 30 recently ended up being a huge relief. Post-30, virtually all peer pressure vanishes. If you've ever seen The Big Lebowski, that's how it feels... You can just do what you want and relax. Marriage might change that so I'm not in a rush for that. On my days off, I have plenty of stuff to do so it never gets boring.
Apr 15, 2019 10:30 AM

Jan 2016
I'll be 25 in 33 days.

Life's looking pretty decent, and honestly I have no idea why I spend time on MAL.
Apr 15, 2019 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
I'm 32, and am doing fine. Just working, and watching anime a lot. Thanks for asking!
Apr 15, 2019 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
I'm always 25! I look 20 years younger than I should for my age, even young chicks at my work still dig mine looks. (although my health can be much better =.=)
Apr 15, 2019 11:28 AM

Mar 2011
BallistikJuice said:
I'm always 25! I look 20 years younger than I should for my age, even young chicks at my work still dig mine looks. (although my health can be much better =.=)
Ah, a BB (Benjamin Button). Someone whose outside appearance is immortal--but organs and functionings are older. You party hard or use to? haha
Apr 15, 2019 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Silverstorm said:
BallistikJuice said:
Ah, a BB (Benjamin Button). Someone whose outside appearance is immortal--but organs and functionings are older. You party hard or use to? haha

I'm always "hard", don't worry about it!
Apr 15, 2019 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
I'm far over 25 and I've been doing very fine lately, thank you. It used to be quite disapointing a year ago, and 2 years ago I've lost my best friend who died from cancer and my second best friend who wanted to go out with me and I refused, so she started keeping her distance quickly after that, nice to lose contact in quick succession with both peoples you cared the most about outside of your family, *sigh*.

But yeah, I'm having fun both at work and outside of work, it's great now.
Apr 18, 2019 12:12 PM

Sep 2018
I'm currently 37. I feel all right, thanks for asking. I mostly use MAL to catalog all the anime I've watched and plan to in the future. I also occasionally post on the forums from time to time.
Apr 18, 2019 2:12 PM
Aug 2016
Why men? Why over 25? And how's the gender and age related to spending time on here?
Apr 18, 2019 4:42 PM

Sep 2015
Kuroko-chan said:
Why men? Why over 25? And how's the gender and age related to spending time on here?

Well I assume he is a male so hes asking fellow males, whats the problem? Also gender and age are big factors to spending time here lol especially age
¬
Apr 18, 2019 10:18 PM
Aug 2016
Matsu-ou said:
Kuroko-chan said:

Also gender and age are big factors to spending time here lol especially age

I don't think so to be honest. You can be even 60 years old and still be here, or you can be 10 years old and still be here. I don't think age matters that much and when it comes to gender, it matters even less in my opinion.
Apr 19, 2019 8:57 AM

Sep 2014
life is better now than it was when I was about 15 years old. I still have a boring life tho.
Apr 19, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
Kuroko-chan said:
Matsu-ou said:

Also gender and age are big factors to spending time here lol especially age

I don't think so to be honest. You can be even 60 years old and still be here, or you can be 10 years old and still be here. I don't think age matters that much and when it comes to gender, it matters even less in my opinion.
I agree with the gender, but there's a certain age that's just more common here and that's not 60 :D I have no idea what OP is even trying to do with this thread here, but 25+ year olds are definitely having some other things to deal with in life than 15 year olds. So maybe OP was more curious about people who are the same age as them.
Apr 19, 2019 1:38 PM
Aug 2016
Haibara said:
Kuroko-chan said:

I agree with the gender, but there's a certain age that's just more common here and that's not 60 :D I have no idea what OP is even trying to do with this thread here, but 25+ year olds are definitely having some other things to deal with in life than 15 year olds. So maybe OP was more curious about people who are the same age as them.

But if what's on OP's profile is true, it means she's 22, not over 25. She's younger than me.
Apr 19, 2019 7:08 PM

Dec 2007
I'm a 29 year old guy, on this site for over 11 years, watching anime for the same amount of time.

Owning an apartment passed to me. Working and studied a bit, gonna study more in the future.

Collecting video games, anime figures, blurays and hobby related stuff.

Battling full blown Schizoaffective Disorder for 10 years, also had a hard time in childhood and as a teenager mentally and socially.

Watching anime and playing video games, not as I used to, but keeping my love for the hobbies alive all these years, meeting with a few friends and they keeping contact with me for years despite my tenendcy to isolate myself in my apartment and needing a lot of time to be by myself.

Spending time on MAL sporadically mostly to research about new anime and update episodes, not active socially though I really wish I was, but my condition saps my need to be social and social intiative 95% of the time, which is hard for me to change so I keep to myself.
DeadIEndApr 19, 2019 7:13 PM
Apr 19, 2019 10:20 PM
Dec 2010
Of course, it is to keep track of the anime I watched. And to look at other people's discussions. And to join in the fun.

Not sure how I'm supposed to answer about life. Life will be life. Men live and men die. Okay?
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Apr 20, 2019 5:57 AM

Jul 2015
The only man I'm interested in is my lord and saviour Jesus Christ, and he is eternal for he is the Son.
Jesus is always with us, Jayne, even on the forums. I find the thought very comforting.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Apr 20, 2019 6:27 AM

Apr 2019
Guess my passion might never cease xd
Apr 20, 2019 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
JayneYearning said:
How is your life rn and why do you spend time on MAL?

28 here and I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up:
- I have my own place where I live with my cute lovely kinky weirdo SO that I love with all my heart

- My salary could be better but I'm already earning more than my dad so isn't really bad, not that I care that much, at this point my goal is more freedom & fulfillness, not more money ;P

- I honestly LOVE my career, it's PERFECT for me... And maybe I love it a little too much, I ended up in the neurologist because with job + personal projects I pushed my body way too hard (like sleeping 4 hours on a saturday), dude said I needed to chill a little. Two days later I was already with my personal projects again so... Yeah... I can't stop...

I'm still here because... Old habits die hard? Also anime & manga helped me and inspired me a lot through my teenage years (which were hell) and early twenties (which were not hell but deeeeefinitely worse than my current situation). When something touchs your heart like that, you don't outgrow it, it becomes a part of you

Lost_Viking said:
Sphinxter said:
Same! I'm 28 but I look more like 21 or 22 at oldest and I'm even more edgy than I was as a teenager.

Life is going ok-ish: at 28 I'm starting to build a decent circle of friends again and recently graduated with a degree in a major I really enjoyed, I finally have a job and one that's really laid back and easy even if it only pays a little, and I'm starting to get out more and go to anime conventions and other gatherings (planning on going to a metal concert soon).
At 24 I had no friends after loosing the ones I had in high school, hated my major, was unemployed and broke, had severe social anxiety, and was suicidally depressed. Considering that, things have gotten alot better since then.

I kind of envy that you have a circle of friends. I suck at making friends and even more at mantaining them, at the end of the day I'm just not that interested in others :/ My SO is my only true friend

LoneWolf said:
Turning 26 in a few months.

Idk I'm kind of shitty... quarter life crisis maybe. The rat race is running me ragged. I might switch career fields... also owning a car is stupid expensive. I throw myself into shitty relationships that I regret and I can't seem to get a handle on my health and get back to physical peak that I hit around 22... Aside from that like its going. I'm still around I guess.

Kind of same about the rat race. I know aiming to climb and climb and climb the corporate ladder to earn a few more pennies is not the way for me, but if something, I do know that I love my career

BrightFlashLight said:
Not sure how I'm supposed to answer about life. Life will be life. Men live and men die. Okay?

Valar morghulis ;P
gemanepaApr 20, 2019 9:13 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

28 by Manhmm »»
1 minute ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

23 by Ejrodiew »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.