Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 25, 2020 10:43 AM

Oct 2015
@Manaban Oi Mana-chan I want argumentative analysis as well! Pretty please~ I'll link you Shenhua pics
Mar 25, 2020 10:46 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Auron_ said:
@Manaban Oi Mana-chan I want argumentative analysis as well! Pretty please~ I'll link you Shenhua pics

you are truly a genius at being friends with a BL-loving nazi

you also have good taste in MAL debaters, as you were a fellow fan of Sphinxter, in all of his glory and infinite wisdom

also i've seen every Shenhua pic because nobody cares about her except me and the one other guy who has her as a MAL favorite, who i want to find one day

Mar 25, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2015
Manaban said:
Auron_ said:
Manaban Oi Mana-chan I want argumentative analysis as well! Pretty please~ I'll link you Shenhua pics

you are truly a genius at being friends with a BL-loving nazi

you also have good taste in MAL debaters, as you were a fellow fan of Sphinxter, in all of his glory and infinite wisdom

also i've seen every Shenhua pic because nobody cares about her except me and the one other guy who has her as a MAL favorite, who i want to find one day

I've been lonely for too long alright! I'll take what I can get. As for Sphinx-sama, I can only hope to come close to his magnificence.

And hate to break it to you, but that other guy somehow doesn't exist.
Mar 25, 2020 11:04 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Auron_ said:

And hate to break it to you, but that other guy somehow doesn't exist.

I'll hold on to the hope that he's out there somewhere, waiting for me to find him so we can overthrow MAL in the name of irrelevant hatesink side characters together.

Mar 25, 2020 1:17 PM

Mar 2019
Peaceful_Critic said:
Ryuk9428 said:

This forum has a problem with people making snide comments about other users without tagging them...

Yo @Peaceful_Critic
Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it.

@Manaban Quick question for clarification sake only: What do you mean by Woosh-y?
Don't worry, once you answer I won't @ you again to argue.

No problem, I know you would've done the same.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2020 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Xstasy said:
Mods definitely after all they have the last say on the matter LoL.
Online debates in the nutshell

That was good! Great share! I never liked this show but this is so relevant.

yagggggy said:
id argue these are casual discussion's finest as of right now. list not completed

op tier:katsucats

top tier:freshell,flevalt,erg_orgy

high tier:kosmonaut,thanakos,flowersintherain,149597871,sadmadoka,peaceful_critic,traed,railey2,noboru,gan_water,xa-2

mid tier and lower:everyone else

You just signed up today and this is your first post. Must have been lurking for a good long while to know so many names and rank us all. You should edit your post and put a @ in front of each name so that they know.

katsucats said:
The "best debater" is anyone who has infinite time, never stays on topic, and the penchant to contradict himself every response so they can never be pinned down, so they can always have that ace up their sleeve which accuses you of taking them out of context.

Over my 8 years on MAL, 90%+ of all "debaters" fit into that category, and 90%+ of all debaters that people respect fit into that category. Which makes sense, because honestly speaking, none of you actually wade through the shark infested waters of every flame war to decide who's making more reasonable points. You just go, "He's making yuuge posts, he must be a great debater." Haha.

I don't know who's bumping this shit in the first place. This thread is almost on its first anniversary. Who the fuck cares about "debaters" in the first place? Anyone who would label themselves a "debater" is a looooser with a big EL on his forehead, with the E. Like the L is not enough, it spells it out. E-L-L-E.

Lol you make a good point but still it’s fun / interesting just to see what people think about their peers.

@manaban would you say that @peaceful_critic is a really good mediator rather than a really good debater?

SynthwaveCrusade said:
MysweetLucifer, The dude that's in Casual Discussion forums, yeah he is peak intellectual
He has changed his name to @Hodenhagen

Auron_ said:
Hey I remember posting in this thread. Back then I was so honest and earnest, ah time flies.

The answer is @Luchse and there isn't even any room for argument. It is logically impossible to win a moral argument against him because he'll just tell you he doesn't care. The ultimate impenetrable move.

@Luchse and @kosmonaut can be really intimidating debaters when they are actually debating. Most of the time they are shitposting though on the forums from what I’ve seen. Smart kids.

I really like @soverign style because he is like a shitposter with facts. @itsanico is pretty amazing and he tore me a new one once lol. The best debater imo goes to @injenss for his amazing work in the hip hop thread and the objectification thread.
removed-userMar 25, 2020 2:09 PM
Mar 25, 2020 1:51 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
FlowersInTheRain said:

@manaban would you say that @peaceful_critic is a really good mediator rather than a really good debater?

being a good mediator requires being able to develop an understanding of what's going on and then being able to reach a conclusion with that info that can defuse the situation, not just being patient

so looking at most of their posts?

lmao no

Mar 25, 2020 1:58 PM

Jan 2017
SynthwaveCrusade said:
MysweetLucifer, The dude that's in Casual Discussion forums, yeah he is peak intellectual

I don't know what you mean but I take it as a compliment :D
Mar 25, 2020 3:03 PM

Nov 2019
FlowersInTheRain said:
@itsanico is pretty amazing and he tore me a new one once lol.

Appreciate the shout-out mate. It's a shame I don't have the volition to be as prolific as I was back inna day on AE. MAL's UI certainly is a limitation too when it comes to multi-quoting because typing out huge responses in a tiny box is almost claustrophobic to me.

OT, honestly most of the people who regularly pop in to CD/CE tend to at least be good at bashing it out. I went to a real debate once and it's the polar opposite of the energy in online debates, extremely controlled tedium. I tend to run on the hot side so I don't have the temperament to really do that. Really anyone who can analyse data then apply some rigor to their logic over the data can do well enough in debates. One of the biggest problems I see is assuming all parties share the same information and deductions you do then making your arguments based in the same; when you assert something that follows from assumptions and deductions that you do not make clear then you can't be too mad that people think you're out in left field. I tend to just let people try and extrapolate or guess my starting point because it often feels like too much investment to give to online debates that are one derail away from becoming a Benny Hill video.

For every thread I do actually put effort into, there are four others that I started a write up and just abandoned it (part of the reason I self-limit myself to expending no more than half an hour on replies). I honestly respect people who can carry more than one or two threads a lot ngl.
Nico nico ni~eed a siggy like the all the cool kids
Really wish we had a rep system so I could farm it and spam rep+
Mar 25, 2020 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
I've argued with plenty of people & staff. Low-key upset I wasn't mentioned.
Mar 25, 2020 3:22 PM

Aug 2018
i don't think being a good or bad debater on internet forums should be anything to be proud of
Mar 25, 2020 3:24 PM

Oct 2012
yagggggy said:
id argue these are casual discussion's finest as of right now.
Did you make a new account just to stoke the flames? Post this on your real one.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 3:58 PM

Apr 2015
I just had to giggle snort at someone mentioning Injenss.

oh man. A real rage debater, that one.I'd much prefer TolkienFan to him.
TylaenMar 25, 2020 4:02 PM
Mar 25, 2020 4:04 PM

Oct 2015
yagggggy said:
id argue these are casual discussion's finest as of right now. list not completed

high tier:kosmonaut,thanakos,flowersintherain,149597871,sadmadoka,peaceful_critic,traed,railey2,noboru,gan_water,xa-2

Don't be a coward and post with your real acc m8, also include me you bastard.
Mar 25, 2020 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
Auron_ said:
yagggggy said:

As Flowers said they could just be a lurker, so they may not have a real account.

They said the list isn't completed, you might be included later. No need to take it as a big deal and insult them.
Mar 25, 2020 4:20 PM

Oct 2015
Peaceful_Critic said:
Auron_ said:

As Flowers said they could just be a lurker, so they may not have a real account.

They said the list isn't completed, you might be included later. No need to take it as a big deal and insult them.

I'm just fucking around lol, the day I unironically seek the validation of a MAL alt is the day I leave life MAL.
Mar 25, 2020 4:20 PM

Mar 2018
Peaceful_Critic said:
Auron_ said:

Pose not yourself as the high one since the mention was so verily included.
he was obviously making a jest

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Mar 25, 2020 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
Auron_ said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

I'm just fucking around lol, the day I unironically seek the validation of a MAL alt is the day I leave life MAL.
This is the 2nd time me not understanding a joke happened in a row. How do I tell when someone is joking around on the internet?
Mar 25, 2020 4:28 PM

Oct 2015
Peaceful_Critic said:
Auron_ said:

This is the 2nd time me not understanding a joke happened in a row. How do I tell when someone is joking around on the internet?

Happens to the best of us. It is foretold by the prophecy that there exists legendary people who use '/s's, thereby relieving us from the immensely daunting task that is "picking up on sarcasm," but I cannot confirm whether this myth has any validity to it.
Mar 25, 2020 4:29 PM

Apr 2015
Peaceful_Critic said:
Auron_ said:

You flip a coin and if it lands in Albania, they're joking.
Mar 25, 2020 4:39 PM

Oct 2012
Tylaen said:
Peaceful_Critic said:
Are you saying Peaceful_Critic lives in Albania?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 4:41 PM

Apr 2015
katsucats said:
Tylaen said:
That or she has a very strong thumb..
Mar 25, 2020 4:43 PM

Feb 2019
Auron_ said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

Happens to the best of us. It is foretold by the prophecy that there exists legendary people who use '/s's, thereby relieving us from the immensely daunting task that is "picking up on sarcasm," but I cannot confirm whether this myth has any validity to it.
That's the pussy way out. Be a man ffs. It's not that hard, it's literally just a matter of getting a prescription for HRT.
KosmonautMar 25, 2020 4:55 PM
Mar 25, 2020 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
Tylaen said:
katsucats said:
Considering how she's been arguing on the same thread for 6 pages, I wouldn't be surprised. Probably uses metal plated keys for resistance training.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 5:00 PM

Oct 2015
katsucats said:
Tylaen said:
Considering how she's been arguing on the same thread for 6 pages, I wouldn't be surprised. Probably uses metal plated keys for resistance training.

It is but a small sacrifice for the esteemed honour of being acknowledged by yagggggy the great.
Mar 25, 2020 5:05 PM

Jun 2019
Can I nominate Sphinxter still? If so, him

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Mar 25, 2020 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
Bakchos said:
Sphincter is a stretch.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 5:19 PM

Dec 2014
Why haven't I been mentioned? Me sad :(

PS: You will be missed @Trance @Imanoob :c
FragMentizedMar 25, 2020 5:22 PM
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Mar 25, 2020 5:25 PM

Apr 2015
I nominate @Karote because she is sad.
Mar 25, 2020 5:28 PM

Mar 2011
Wasn't this thread done? I thought a winner (katsucats) was selected or i must've imagined there being a poll of some kind
Karote said:

Are they..dead? :o

Bakchos said:
I thought this was a yearly vote..so I guess since its almost been a year..why not?

PsychoticDave said:
I've argued with plenty of people & staff. Low-key upset I wasn't mentioned.
I do believe you had a nomination when the thread first sprang up. ;)
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Mar 25, 2020 5:31 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Bakchos said:

I also nominate Sphinxter. He might not be with us anymore, but he's here in my heart

MAL didn't deserve someone as beautiful as him tbh

Mar 25, 2020 5:35 PM

Oct 2015
katsucats said:
Bakchos said:
Sphincter is a stretch.

Do not use our lord and saviour's name in vain, infidel! Do you wish to make a mockery of him?

OT: I also nominate Sphinxter, my obligation as his humble servant.
Mar 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
Tylaen said:
Thanks I have never lost an argument on MAL :DD

Silverstorm said:
Wasn't this thread done? I thought a winner (katsucats) was selected or i must've imagined there being a poll of some kind
Karote said:

Trance I don't know what happened to him, Noob is inactive :(
Mar 25, 2020 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
is this a popularity contest? if so, anime-planet have a popularity ranking system
Mar 25, 2020 5:58 PM

Oct 2012
Karote said:
Tylaen said:

Silverstorm said:

Immahnoob was on several weeks ago. It seems he's doing well. Although I'm sad for him that his tutor thing didn't work out. LOL (inside joke)
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 6:00 PM

Dec 2014
katsucats said:
Karote said:

Immahnoob was on several weeks ago. It seems he's doing well. Although I'm sad for him that his tutor thing didn't work out. LOL (inside joke)
I know he's doing fine, I mean he hasn't been on forums for years.
Mar 25, 2020 6:00 PM

Oct 2012
Auron_ said:
katsucats said:
Sphincter is a stretch.

Do not use our lord and saviour's name in vain, infidel! Do you wish to make a mockery of him?

OT: I also nominate Sphinxter, my obligation as his humble servant.
Nonsense. If he was so great, he would've caught the attention of yaggggy-sama. Yag has 5 G's. Sphinxter has none. Yag is the opposite of gay. There's nothing wrong with being gay, so I guess they're even on that count.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 6:01 PM

Oct 2012
Karote said:
katsucats said:
He made like one post several weeks ago here. lol I was surprised to see him too.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 6:03 PM

Dec 2014
katsucats said:
Karote said:
He made like one post several weeks ago here. lol I was surprised to see him too.
He did? Well, he comes back once in a few decades, but he never goes active.
Mar 25, 2020 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
Karote said:
katsucats said:
If we all ping him and spams his email, he will.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 6:08 PM

Dec 2014
katsucats said:
Karote said:
Coming back ACTIVE? I highly doubt that, but hey, who knows.
Mar 25, 2020 6:11 PM

Oct 2012
Karote said:
katsucats said:
NOPE. In order to get him to come back active, there needs to be cute feminist girls to debate him.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 6:14 PM

Dec 2014
katsucats said:
Karote said:
NOPE. In order to get him to come back active, there needs to be cute feminist girls to debate him.
She is right in front of you, so go and call him :)
Mar 25, 2020 9:43 PM

Oct 2012
Karote said:
katsucats said:
She is right in front of you, so go and call him :)
@Immahnoob All is not lost for you :)
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2020 9:50 PM

Jun 2012
no such thing as cute feminist girls
Mar 26, 2020 12:46 AM

Apr 2012
Shuhan said:
@katsucats Shuhan wins this debate.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 26, 2020 1:28 AM

Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:
Shuhan said:
@katsucats Shuhan wins this debate.
He might have been right if it was like 2010, but more and more people are getting woke younger and younger. Just today, one of my Facebook friends said he felt like a proud father his 10 year old son said something woke. It's 2020, and the quaranteens have their voice. Plus, @Karote self professed her cuteness, so either she has a big ego, or she has to be pretty damn cute, amirite?

P.S. That British feminist girl back when was pretty cute when she wasn't arguing about something stupid. Don't lie :)
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 26, 2020 5:31 AM

Apr 2012
@Katsucats You know, fictional hairy armpits smell and taste like dreams.
Real life armpits taste and smell like salted onions.

But seriously, I'd rather avoid entering a trance where the only thing I hear is "take your pills and eat your bugs bigot" and "dick flattening at 4 pm".
EDIT: Wew, I've read the thread and standards fell down so hard since I left. @Deg and @Traed are the first names I see.
ImmahnoobMar 26, 2020 5:38 AM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 26, 2020 6:05 AM

Jan 2009
@Immahnoob

who cares lol you just always exaggerate the arguments you targeted anyway
Mar 26, 2020 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
Tylaen said:
I just had to giggle snort at someone mentioning Injenss.

oh man. A real rage debater, that one.I'd much prefer TolkienFan to him.

Well he totally destroyed @TolkienFan365 so there’s that.

I was there. I was there when the strength of TolkienFan365 failed.

removed-userMar 26, 2020 6:18 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Do you celebrate your Birthday

ST63LTH - 41 minutes ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - May 5

30 by JaniSIr »»
13 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

53 by orchardmedical »»
34 minutes ago

» Did you ever cut ties with a family member or friend?

Sad - Yesterday

26 by RuneRem »»
35 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - 3 hours ago

3 by Gator »»
2 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.