Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the more I watch Haru's past, the more painful it looks especially when they have to face the real world.

I liked Haru's perspective this episode from her point of view. It shows how difficult being outdoors for a cat like her. Not to mention, the bad weather makes it even worse. A very realistic and emotional finale. My favorite moment is when Subaru finds Haru again despite the weather and the two reunite as roomates.

8/10.
Mar 27, 2019 7:53 AM

Aug 2017
One of the most underrated shows from this season. 8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 27, 2019 9:32 AM

Apr 2016
Okay everyone calm down, the cat was found safe and sound.
Mar 27, 2019 10:11 AM

Feb 2007
Well, the advice to find Haru was technically good, yes. They just didn't know that she wasn't just looking for food or a safe place in her territory, but for Subaru. ^_^
Mar 27, 2019 10:14 AM

Sep 2008
This series is so damn cute!
Ahhh! Can I get more of this?! *.*

I love how this series show both sites of point of view :D
This was such heartwarming series I really more series like this one! :)
Mar 27, 2019 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
I wasn't the biggest fan of this show at the beginning, but it turned out to be the surprise of the season and what a wholesome one.

One of my favorite comfy anime for sure.

And Haru lowkey best girl of the season <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2019 10:26 AM
Aug 2018
It was a great ending for the series. I really enjoyed how Subaru changed to a more happy and social person, and it was great to see Haru and Subaru's relationship development.

But it's a shame this anime is so underrated, probably for being a slice-of-life, but anyway, I'll never forget this cute and heartwarming anime.

9/10.
Mar 27, 2019 10:44 AM

Jun 2017
THE PERFECT ENDING FOR A PERFECT ANIME (she said while crying and petting her cat)
"Gradually Watermelon"
Mar 27, 2019 10:48 AM

Aug 2017
That anime was really wholesome ! A bit sad to see it gone so soon though
Mar 27, 2019 10:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wonderful Ending to this Great Show!

Haru, being the worrisome cat that she is, decided to take matters into her hand and this only made life for Subaru and his friends/colleagues/acquaintances harder. But good thing it wasn’t too long that Subaru managed to find her in one piece, the flashback to his parents’ accidents just made things all the more gripping. Similarly, Haru’s flashbacks, as always, too. A great mix of comedy for this episode too and a wonderful dinner scene with unusual company too!

Subaru’s growth setting forth ever since his encounter with Haru and his moment of realisation of that in this episode was masterfully conveyed! It’s been a pleasure to see how these events has helped Subaru to become more social and become more aware of his parents’ circumstances, in particular. On the other hand, Haru slowly becoming the tsundere-y cat was a treat to watch xD. Here’s a potential candidate for best girl of the season, y’all. Got to love her monologues, they were just too adorable! Subaru’s new piece covering the theme of ‘family’ is a great touch to end things off with coupled with that innovative ‘Doukyonin wa Hiza TokiDoki Atama no Ue’ moment. Great stuff!

Solid 9/10!
Really hoping there’ll be a Season 2 or at least an OVA soon too! I totally need more heartwarming cat shows like this in my life!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 27, 2019 11:12 AM
Oct 2018
For me this was the best anime of this season..
Will really miss it 😭
What to watch from next week
Mar 27, 2019 11:16 AM

Feb 2019
Yes, we need more seasons....we need more Nana and Nagisa. We need more Haru...heck we need more of Subaru's mom. I'd love a spinoff of the ghost of Subaru's mom and dad watching over Subaru and Haru.
We need more Taro and Taro's owners and more Misora.

This show wasn't just about having a pet, although the story was clearly written by someone with a lot of experience with cats. This show was as much about regret in dealing with relationships, specifically familial relationships, and how forming new relationships helps move past the regret.

9/10 treading on 10/10 for me. My favorite anime of the season and of the anime I watched (I have held off on a couple of the big names) only Kaguya-sama is close.
Mar 27, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2012
It was the surprise of the season. I like the story.
Every episode is funny-cute and little sad
9/10

But only 54k members watch this anime and donestic have 127k ... Yare Yare
Mar 27, 2019 11:23 AM

May 2018
This was a lovely episode, and amazing ending for this story. I loved how they looked out for each other in the rain and were finally reunited.

I really loved this anime. 10/10! <3
Dec 2018
Well the ending was perfect.

I liked when Subaru realised that how his life changed after meeting with haru
And his new theme for cover being the 'Family' (and also the last scene of with
Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue being the anime title)

This anime is great and very much enjoyable but i feel sad that this anime got not much attention of others due to more popular animes this season (mob psycho ,promised Neverland ,shield hero)

But I enjoyed this anime so
9/10

Sep 2013
This anime was so cute and hearthwarming from beginig to end. I hope we see more in the future.

We need more of Haru and Ookami in our lives.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Mar 27, 2019 11:32 AM

Dec 2015
9/10. Best anime this season. Nice episodic episodes - on par with Natsume Yuujinchou. Very emotional and good at different "tones" (happy, worried, ...). Nice characters.

Easily the best anime this season. There were a few 8s for me but no other 9.
Mar 27, 2019 11:53 AM
Feb 2018
The anime has been cute
We need SEASON 2
Mar 27, 2019 11:55 AM

Nov 2010
My favorite show of the season, but this episode was a bit too corny for me.
The whole setup with the door being to hard to close felt stupid and just there to make this run away part as tragically as possible.
On the other hand it is always great to see the cat perspective like 'ha, I found you' as if Haru was the one finding anything. :D

I would love to see more, but more of the everyday life and less of this overtuned drama stuff.
I want to see more of his relationships evolving, an interesting thing would be if his writing suffers under his more active social life.
zwolf12Mar 27, 2019 11:59 AM
Mar 27, 2019 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
Cute and warm. Loved it a lot.
Mar 27, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2015
A solid wholesome/10 from me.

♡ artist
サコ
Mar 27, 2019 1:22 PM
Jan 2019
What a beautiful anime. I loved it from beginning to end. See the evolution of the protagonist and how his world began to change when Haru came to his life was really wonderful. Worthy anime of the genre "Slice of Life". It became one of my favorites and I nominate it as the purifying anime of the season. It was a pleasant experience 😊.
Mar 27, 2019 1:27 PM
Jan 2016
Every episode of this anime showed to be a damn cute and heartwarming show, i am glad that Subaru changed and is more social than before, i loved how we could see Haru point of view and how Haru's perspective showed to be!

And i am glad that Subaru surpassed his parents loss, and completed his mother garden!

Will never forget how adorable Haru is!

8 out of 10!
Mar 27, 2019 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
Good slice of life anime. Needs sequel
Mar 27, 2019 1:33 PM

Oct 2017
This was a nice anime to sit down and watch, I really love cats. Subaru was an alright character, loved Haru and Kawase. I'd give this series a 6/10 for being a nice watch.
Mar 27, 2019 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Just how wholesome can a story be? I was really worried when Haru ran into that storm. But I knew things would be okay. Subaru is no longer alone or closing himself off, he is now willing to put the effort to have and maintain a connection, and it's all thanks to Haru.

Hiroto, Kawase, Nana and Yugo were there for him and Haru, just like he would be there for them, I have no doubt. That moment when they were all having dinner together with the ramen he brought back with him, that was beautiful. It's over and my Wednesdays just got a bit sadder, but I will remember it.
Mar 27, 2019 1:53 PM

May 2016
Damn, I was hoping to see one more interaction between Subaru and Nana because I've started shipping them too. Oh, well, a good finale none the less. I've gone through similar hardships like Saburu(my Dad passed away recently) and I'm a cat lover so there's definitely a lot I can relate with in this anime.

If they do continue with this story and pursue the Subaru x Nana ship I would like to see this done as a trilogy of sorts. Second season could be take place some time later with Subaru starting opening up more to the point where he starts to become interested in girls. It goe with Subaru suddenly asking Nana to go on a date with him, them struggling with their personal their careers(especially Subaru's), and their relationship, and all with Haru unintentionally helping them out before ending with Subaru and Nana getting married.

Third season could concentrate on Subaru and Nana having their first child together. Nana wants to have children while Subaru is reluctant partly due to his lack of knowledge about being a father but mainly because of his fear of losing someone close to him like he did with his parents and almost with Haru. But once again Haru unintentionally helps him out along with others and he's finally able to his past behind and embracing his newfound happiness, resulting in a happy ending for them all.

Yeah, I know that may sound a bit cliched but honestly I wouldn't mind because it would a fitting story for Subaru. One can hope and dream!
DirectorKMar 27, 2019 2:01 PM
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Mar 27, 2019 2:57 PM

Oct 2008
I guess I'm in the minority here, I didn't find the series as beautiful and perfect as others here. The story of losing parents was touching and the relationships were interesting to see develop, but the MC was a major turn off with how dumb he was.

I can understand how he might not know how to properly feed the cat, but when the guy didn't know how to pick up and move the cat off of his laptop I thought he was mentally disabled or something. Logic gaps like that through the show were hard to overlook.
Mar 27, 2019 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
Decent show. Haru was cute but the way her thoughts were voiced felt all too human at times, granted it was a difficult premise to actualise. It mirrored how Suburu himself could be more cliché than human. Still the depiction of mourning was quite interesting, it's not often you see that theme explored in anime.
Mar 27, 2019 4:07 PM

Dec 2014
Lovely finale and just as wholesome as the rest of the show.

There isn't really much to say about, it was so very comfy and so wholesome to watch. Every episode had me either tearing up or just smiling. :)
Loved the central themes of family and friendship and it was just wonderful to see Subaru slowly develop bonds with the people around him while accepting and moving on from his parent's death because of Haru.

9/10, I would totally love another season but I doubt it'll happen.
Mar 27, 2019 4:42 PM
Sep 2018
What a lovely ending or rather than what a perfectly anime.
I loved it so much, because this anime had a message for people who are suffering like Subaru and how can an animal do for us.

9/10
Mar 27, 2019 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
Undoubtedly my AOTS. Each and every episode made me emotional in one way or the other, and it didn't try and force the drama either. This series is a cat lover's paradise. My cat lives with my mother in another state now, so each episode made me really miss my cat. She is a tuxedo just like Haru, so that made it a lot tougher for me.

This series really topped off hump day for me, so I will really miss it.
Mar 27, 2019 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
This anime has some cringe moments but to see the cat trying to take care of her human is very funny so it's all good. 7/10
Mar 27, 2019 5:45 PM

Nov 2011
Raise your hand if you cried during this episode. BTW Im a grown ass man T_T

When Haru and Mikazuki were reunited my heart just filled with joy.

Really great series. 10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 27, 2019 6:16 PM
Mar 2019
The whole episode was heartwarming.

Glad that Subaru found Haru when she went missing just to find him. Everyone also helping Subaru looking for Haru.

Good that Subaru realize that he's not alone. He have Haru and other friend that their bond is like a family.

Great ending. Great series. Having another season would be good.
Mar 27, 2019 6:16 PM

Jan 2015
I’m actually kinda sad that this one’s over, now.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Mar 27, 2019 6:57 PM

Dec 2016
This anime is one of my favourites. Loved every single episode since the beginning of the series till the end. Very heartwarming and cuteness to the fullest. I want to see more Haru, and this definitely needs a sencond season! <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 27, 2019 8:02 PM

Oct 2015
That was one considerate neko, to look for Subaru like that is commendable and for him to strain himself for her is also impressive. I guess they grew closer than before and are roommates who look out for each other.

Overall it was a great series with lots of beautiful and emotional moments. Subaru changed and grew from his grief and being a full on shut in, all thanks to Haru. Haru opened up Subaru to a whole new world and brought him back his home, consoling his grief and brought in some new people and purpose in life. Subaru also gave Haru a home and gave her a new purpose in life after losing her siblings. All in all It was a life changing encounter for both of them. Enjoyed this a lot, and lots of slices should be about changing and growing out of your cocoon spreading those beautiful wings of new self. This achieved that.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 27, 2019 8:38 PM

Nov 2015
That moment where he cried holding onto Haru, after being reunited with her... That shit punched my kokoro.
Mar 27, 2019 8:47 PM

Feb 2013
This was so cute!!! I really enjoyed this anime 8/10
Mar 27, 2019 9:03 PM

Mar 2016
So now we know how Haru got out of the house, well done Hiroto! Luckily, Subaru did found her. And there goes my happy watch of the season, I'll really miss this one... Or not? I'm not removing this one from my watch list on crunchyroll, at least not yet because for me this is worth for a re-watch.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 27, 2019 9:11 PM

Mar 2018
I'm not crying, you're crying...!

Really, perfect finale. Really hoping for a season two. In the meantime, off to the Manga I go while I snuggle my cat.

What an absurdly cute show.
Mar 27, 2019 9:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This was a really nice watch. It had heartwarming and touching moments, I remember being surprised with actually crying in the first episode as well episode 3. There were some parts that felt a bit repetitive, regarding Subaru's past, as well as Haru's past. But I still felt that Subaru was easy to connect with, as a fellow introvert who realizes that it's nice to be with a lot of people sometimes, even if it may be energy draining. I also love cats, I used to live with my sister and her two cats, so watching Subaru and Haru interact was great. As much as I love Haru, there were a few times were I was a tad annoyed by her protectiveness of Subaru (mainly this episode, actually) causing more trouble. I mean all's well that ends well, but yeah, it wasn't my favorite episode. I did like how because of Haru getting "lost," we got to see everyone who Subaru has opened up to come and help him, which was heartwarming.

While the scenes with Haru cuddling with Subaru were adorable, I think my favorite part about the series is how we see Subaru grow and come out of his comfort zone, all because of meeting Haru had not only inspired him, but given him the opportunity to meet and connect with other people. It reminds me of seeing Natsume grow, and it's what makes this series feel like a fulfilling watch :)
Mar 27, 2019 10:17 PM
Jun 2017
This is a CUTE finale, as both of them are finding each other... this series showed us what can an onwer and pet relationship can be if you take care of it very well...

So lets take care very well of our pet...
Mar 27, 2019 10:57 PM

Mar 2017
Goodness, that was really touching.

Very cute and comfy show <333

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 27, 2019 11:41 PM

May 2010
I probably will enjoy the series more if it's wasn't because Subaru.
Mar 28, 2019 3:40 AM

Nov 2017
I really wanna get a cat now
Really heartwarming and cute, loved it all the way through 8/10

Mar 28, 2019 4:20 AM

Mar 2016
The wind was quite strong. It looked more like a natural disaster than a bad storm.

This episode felt like it was mostly anime original, but I am not sure as I have never read the manga. Last episodes of animes tend to have a lot of filler scenes every season, but this episode seemed like it was mostly filler.

I thought we wouldn't get to see things from Haru's POV, but I'm glad we did.

I will miss this anime! (T ^ T)
Mar 28, 2019 4:34 AM

Jun 2016
As the biggest cat lover around, this show was a fun and emotional ride for me.

Everything was just so wholesome and heartwarming, and I'll seriously miss Subaru and Haru with all of my heart. Time to go read the manga!

Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Mar 28, 2019 5:00 AM

Jan 2019
gladfully i pick up this shows first to my watchlist in this season. no regret, one of my fav this season tho.
cl_skinnyguyMar 28, 2019 5:08 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

36 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

34 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

37 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

29 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

49 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 3:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.