Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is pretty rough. I find it not just because of the competitive atmosphere but also the weather itself brings a cold rain to the runners. To me, it almost looked like a race to survival.

I find it both realistic and surreal too with how Kakeru is chasing his dream. So proud of these boys!
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
I'm glad he went for the side, but that expression... his leg happened at the end, though.

Otaku guy finished it despite getting a bit sicky.

Their opponent school is first. They get heavy just to wait for their school to be called. and it's 10th place!

The twins start to get doubt... because their time is amazing but others who are progressed to the real race is more amazing than their time, and when they got invited, that guy said "let's definitely win".

It's the twins' turn (imasara?!) to find the meaning to attend the race next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 5, 2019 10:16 AM

Jun 2013
Besides its climax, I think the competition could have been handled better, the atmosphere and tension were on point but the generic CGI models dropped it a bit for me. I think they should have focused on the mentality of the characters more, like what they did in the end with Kakeru. That way they could had avoided some use of CGI.

Other than that, the final scene where everyone was doing their best finishing at their own time was touching and the soundtrack in the background was beautiful.

Haiji's injury didn't make much of a factor like I thought it would (so far).

The tweens are finally getting some attention with the final scene, their characters were definitely the most boring for me out of the group so I hope they can do something good with them.
Feb 5, 2019 1:00 PM

Jul 2017
Damn I was completely expecting them to make it 10th and I was still pumped up when it happened
Feb 5, 2019 1:20 PM
Dec 2015
Solid episode; not sure how I feel about doing another crisis of confidence arc with what the twins say at the end though.
Feb 5, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2017
That dog pile thoe :) and that red haired shit head is coming back next ep ffs
Feb 5, 2019 2:39 PM

Mar 2010
I feel like wanting to cry after finishing this episode. I don't even know why..? if out of sadness or out of happiness for them. I love this series so much. Wish i could just watch the next episode already.

For what are they running for when the lead team is so much faster? I want to know as well.

Kakeru won the race over the exchange student, right?
- I just feel like he didn't get much attention afterwards. But perhaps the team representation was indeed more important. But it still should have been a bigger deal somehow, but it wasn't..
Feb 5, 2019 2:43 PM

Mar 2017
I'm so proud of my running boys! Ouji is a fucking champ and i have infinite respect for him. That scene where they were announcing the results had my heart pounding so fast!
Feb 5, 2019 2:54 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This show is turning out to be masterpiece quality (10/10) more and more. Not far off now.

That finish line montage was so unexpected, that was my favourite moment of the episode. Running 20 kilometres will take a lot out of you, not everyone will make it unscathed. That had me emotional.

Kakeru is a star in the making, i love the pat on the shoulder from the guy who ran next to him the last kilometres.

The announcement was amazing, too, all the reactions to it.

The twins have a point there, so caught up in the moment and once you realize you BARELY made it when your leader ''aims for the top'', they will get anxious about what they do here.

It was mentioned in the thread but now the individual strengths of the runners will come into play and they foreshadowed stuff there for who might be running which section.
Feb 5, 2019 3:00 PM
Mar 2015
I thought they were running just to get to Hakkone It never occurred to Kakeru that they would Got to love Prince Without him they do not qualify Also Haiji ran injured most of the way. Will he recover by Hakkone
Feb 5, 2019 3:04 PM

Sep 2015
Musa is high, I'm very much convinced that the ship is Kakeru X Hana and not Hana X Twins. We can see her following his pace and her eyes all over him in the end.
Feb 5, 2019 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
Lylaaz said:
I feel like wanting to cry after finishing this episode. I don't even know why..? if out of sadness or out of happiness for them. I love this series so much. Wish i could just watch the next episode already.

For what are they running for when the lead team is so much faster? I want to know as well.

Kakeru won the race over the exchange student, right?
- I just feel like he didn't get much attention afterwards. But perhaps the team representation was indeed more important. But it still should have been a bigger deal somehow, but it wasn't..

Yeah, this series also manages to stir up all kind of emotions in me. I was too pumped and nervous throughout the race to sit still, then when they entered the last stage I kinda felt like tearing up. I saw them struggling and thought about the effort they put into to get there, the sacrifices they made so far and their friendship.

We had a little breather before things got anxious again during the announcement. I thought they had to make it, but nevertheless, it was still nerve wracking. Felt really relieved the moment I saw the results and the teary eyes were back, this time from happiness, tho. What an emotional roller coaster.

Regarding your question, well Haiji could simply refer to Hakone as the top, even tho it feels too simple. Or they're just aiming high in order to get the best out of them, there's nothing to lose anymore anyway. But seriously, I dunno xD In any case, it seems we will get the answer to this question next time.

Another 5/5 episode, frigging love this amazing anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 5, 2019 4:10 PM
Jan 2019
YES! YES! YES!. I'm crying with joy inside. Now a new phase begins for the team.
Feb 5, 2019 4:45 PM

Mar 2016
okay Prince throwing up made me laugh
Feb 5, 2019 4:50 PM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode again.

The race was so exciting to watch and so satisfying. Loved how they presented it with the messages being passed behind and Kakeru run spur was so awesome. I love that he got a pat from that other guy later. xD
My favorite part of the race was when Haiji watched Kakeru run by him and then the Twins and Musa watched Haiji run by them. Absolutely fantastic scene.

I cannot begin to imagine how tiring it is to run these long marathons. I could feel it as all the runners finished the race, that final desperation to summon every ounce of energy you have to reach the finish line, damn.

I totally knew they would get 10th but I kept waiting for it to happened and when it finally did I cheered along with the team. So good. XD

Can't wait to see more.
Feb 5, 2019 5:07 PM
Oct 2014
I get where the twins are coming. I mean what’s the point of running in Hakone Eikiden if they don’t win? Like midosuji says, anything other than 1st place is meaningless
Feb 5, 2019 8:18 PM

Dec 2016
WOW! It was a pretty intense episode. I think I liked every single moment of it: the team's struggle to get to the finish line, the hand signals they exchanged, the tension during the announcement of the groups that will participate in the Hakone Ekiden, and so on.

And judging by the preview, it seems next week, we'll get more development for the twins and also, we'll discover what Haiji means by "aim for the top" (though I think I know the answer...).
Feb 5, 2019 8:38 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty great episode man, Kakeru's a stud, and this next hurdle for the team is going to be the hardest
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 5, 2019 8:52 PM

Oct 2015
The twins sure spoiled the episode with their wet blanket talk. Although they made a point I still think it wasn't at the right time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 5, 2019 8:59 PM

Jul 2016
Very good episode, I really enjoyed every single second of it.

The race was very exciting to watch and the sequence where each one of the guys were struggling with themselves to reach the finish line was my favorite part.

Also, I'm really glad they could classify for the Hakone. Not to mention that seeing Haiji crying again made me feel a bit emotional too. Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 5, 2019 11:30 PM

Apr 2016
Yattaaaaaaaa!

I hope Haiji' s injury won't be too much of a problem.

I dont' understand that much the twins concern, I know Hakkonen is a different race but for Marathons, I would say that more than 95% of the runners know from the start they won't win, they are more running against themselves.
Feb 5, 2019 11:46 PM

Oct 2018
This show is a solid 10 for me. This episode was so perfect, It showed their struggle perfectly and made us watchers feel the happiness of the chacarcters when they classified, I can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 6, 2019 2:42 AM

Mar 2016
I am glad Haiji jumped to the side, but his expression worries me. I know his leg will cause some sort of a problem. Hope this story doesn't go full-seinen and get Haiji to make a big sacrifice.

I feel really bad for the guy who fell and had to quit despite trying his best.

The episode was mostly filled with sounds of winds instead of music. That really created the feeling of being in the race.

Ouji bravely swallowed his vomit, but he puked anyway. That has also happened to me once, so it was really funny.

They all ran a lot. I get tired after walking a little over two kilometres.

Even the cameraman cried. hahah

Red haired Draco will return next episode. Damn it! I hate him so much.
Feb 6, 2019 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
I feel like Haiji will get a reality check soon. No way they can win this and his injury is not going anywhere.

Feb 6, 2019 3:50 AM

Feb 2014
shiro_kai said:
Musa is high, I'm very much convinced that the ship is Kakeru X Hana and not Hana X Twins. We can see her following his pace and her eyes all over him in the end.

Kakeru is gonna take home both the trophy and Hana-chan!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 6, 2019 4:00 AM

Jul 2017
Who would have expected the twins to be asking the heavy questions. Stop selling these boys dreams Haiji.

Kakeru the GOAT carrying his team to 10th place. I call BS on Prince reaching the 100s. The boy is pucking and can’t run to save his life. I mean look at his form ffs.

Aside from Kakeru and Haiji, the rest of the team shouldn’t have gotten their times. You can’t take a bunch of non runners and turn them into national level athletes in a couple of months. It’s unrealistic and undermines the level of training required to run in Hakone. Especially Prince, who’s broken my suspension of disbelief.
Feb 6, 2019 4:16 AM
May 2009
While I really liked that Prince was throwing up, I hate that they had to forego any subtle act and directly tell us that, indeed, sports aren't pretty all the time.
Feb 6, 2019 6:51 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was so emotional that I found myself on the verge of crying with these guys. It was simply beautiful, the way each one of them gave everything they had to get to that finishing line. And the wait for the results was another big moment, there was a swirl of emotions there, and when they finally heard the name of their university, and could just finally breathe with ease after barely making it, that was magical.

I'm worried about Haiji's leg, I hope he didn't hurt it terribly. And I don't like how the twins went with their anxieties to Kakeru instead of Haiji, or how they got down so fast; but it's understandable. However, getting to Hakone was just a dream at first as well, but they did it. Getting to the "top", if Haiji really means to win it, might prove to be a dream too big to come true, but let's see, not even Haiji could answer the "why are we running?" with ease, I guess that now they are going back to introspection, and to let that Sasaki run his insufferable mouth.
Feb 6, 2019 8:54 AM

Sep 2017
OG_Gattsu said:
You can’t take a bunch of non runners and turn them into national level athletes in a couple of months.

They have been training for over 7 months.Only Prince is the non runner among them.Others have been associated with running in some way or the other.
Feb 6, 2019 9:02 AM

Jul 2017
SkydiverRed said:
OG_Gattsu said:
You can’t take a bunch of non runners and turn them into national level athletes in a couple of months.

They have been training for over 7 months.Only Prince is the non runner among them.Others have been associated with running in some way or the other.

No they haven’t. Only Kakeru, Haiji and the old guy who stopped run is associated with it.
Feb 6, 2019 9:05 AM

Jun 2007
my boy Haiji is in danger. obviously he needs to rest but is planning to run the next day. that'd be not wise, hope his doc makes him reconsider
the twins are now in confusion and fear - they reached success which has brought responsibility they were not ready for. a common story. curious how they gon deal with that
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 6, 2019 9:12 AM

Sep 2017
OG_Gattsu said:
SkydiverRed said:

No they haven’t. Only Kakeru, Haiji and the old guy who stopped run is associated with it.

Are you kidding me? One does not have to be a runner to be good at running smh. Joji and Jota were in the football team for three years, that is good enough.
Nico senpai has a history in track and field, while Shindo used to walk 10 kilometers through the mountains every day.Musa has genetic advantage.

And btw, the team formed in March. The qualifier took place in October. Mathematics says it should be 7 months.

Feb 6, 2019 9:37 AM

Jul 2017
SkydiverRed said:
OG_Gattsu said:

Are you kidding me? One does not have to be a runner to be good at running smh. Joji and Jota were in the football team for three years, that is good enough.
Nico senpai has a history in track and field, while Shindo used to walk 10 kilometers through the mountains every day.Musa has genetic advantage.

And btw, the team formed in March. The qualifier took place in October. Mathematics says it should be 7 months.

What about Prince, King and Glasses dude? I can’t believe you said “Musa’s genetic advantage”. So it’s that easy for foreigners aye?

None of these justifies these boys running at national athlete level in a couple of months. It’s unrealistic and bad storytelling
Feb 6, 2019 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
OG_Gattsu said:
SkydiverRed said:

What about Prince, King and Glasses dude? I can’t believe you said “Musa’s genetic advantage”. So it’s that easy for foreigners aye?

None of these justifies these boys running at national athlete level in a couple of months. It’s unrealistic and bad storytelling

I really recommend you to rewatch the 2nd episode.King also played football for 3 years,it is just that I forgot to mention him. Yuki was in the kendo club,which is swordsmanship,that has to require at least some level of athleticism.
The only thing I agree is that it is unrealistic for prince to even finish 5k in 16:30.(Especially after clocking 17:10 in the previous meet).
Feb 6, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2016
That music....just wow.
So glad they qualified, I wasn't sure they would make it.
I feel like non of them were sure of the qualification, so it's not a surprise for them to only just think about what they are aiming for.
Haiji has done himself a mischief. I think were gonna see what caused the original injury and the fall out of him re-injuring it very soon.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 6, 2019 10:13 AM

Apr 2014
One word: unrealistic.
Feb 6, 2019 11:41 AM

Feb 2007
Eh, the twins worry too much. If they're only 7-8 minutes behind the top qualifiers in a 10-hour race, they don't have that much to catch up, even if the other teams will continue training as well, of course.
Feb 6, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2017
Goddamn. I noticed that they skipped over the race a lot, I guess because of the distance and time it would take, but I'm comparing it to the first race for sure, how much it focused in Kakeru and made it so intense. This one wasn't as intense, especially concerning Kakeru's part, but it did pick up for Haiji. That fucking guy will need extreme rest, or he won't be able to run in Hakone.

It was incredibly emotional too, which also makes up for the lack of intensity during the race. When the other runners were collapsing and just breathing hard because they ran their hardest, that really made me feel. Each person ran until they couldn't anymore.
Feb 6, 2019 12:38 PM

Sep 2017
Awesome. I thought there would be more fallout from the Haiji leg injury thing, but he was just able to ride the pain out like a champ. Looks like it didn't get really bad till the very end anyway. We gotta learn what's up with that some point soon tho.

The finishing line montage showing people getting carried away and such really shows how brutal a 20km run is. What an emotional climax tho god damn. Kakeru just couldn't believe they made it and and Haiji's euphoric reaction was enough to make me tear up. And Price is a champ. He was vomiting up water from running so much. Now that's a feeling I'm familiar with. Though it was from sprinting much shorter distances and because I'm in bad shape lol.

Twins feeling a little anxious after realizing Haiji might seriously be aiming for first. This might give them some development, but I don't think it's a big deal. Sure they can wanna win, but I doubt this series will end up as such.
Feb 6, 2019 12:56 PM

Jan 2018
This race was so emotional, i love this anime more and more every time i watch another episode so im giving it a 10/10 it deserves it.

I will be so sad when it comes to an end but we still got 7 episodes to go :D
Feb 6, 2019 2:52 PM

May 2016
When Haiji looked up to the sky and cried that was the best thing for me,, :-;
Feb 6, 2019 3:33 PM

Dec 2013
THIS ANIME IS SO FIRE!!!!!!! i haven't felt pumped about an anime in such along time! the way Haiji pulled through even with his pain and then the best part of it all was how he looked so happy qualifying!
SO GOOD.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Feb 6, 2019 5:52 PM

Oct 2008
YOSH! Kansei University finally got borderline qualifications 10th place! such a glorious moment!
but those twins suddenly realised something that they cannot achieve even from hellish training?
5/5.

Feb 7, 2019 1:01 AM

Jul 2014
Brilliant episode! The climax at the end was so rewarding.
Concerned about Haiji's foot though.
Feb 7, 2019 3:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Very heartfelt episode, this!

Direction of this episode, in particular, was top-notch! Even though a large chunk of the race was omitted and obviously so, it really didn’t feel like we missed too much of it to be fairly honest. Glorious Soundtracks kicking in at the near perfect times were also really commendable and a great company to have alongside. Usually, the animation would deliver too, or so it did for the previous episodes, but sadly this time around there was a very heavy use of CGI which kind of hampered my enjoyment, I suppose. I certainly didn’t expect this much CGI use, just glancing it over to the runners quickly every now and then would’ve been fine even. Prince puking while running and saying, “Sometimes sports isn’t beautiful” or something along those lines, was hilarious! Anyway, the tension was most certainly there and rocking! Finally, seeing Kakeru, Haiji and the others wild celebrations were very pleasing and just a delight to watch! I knew they were going to pass anyway, since failure isn’t really a part of this show and I’ll get more into that in a bit, but even then, the sense of accomplishment oozed out of my laptop’s screen onto me too. Looks like Haiji might need to rest for a bit, I really hope he doesn’t become reckless and ends it all even before the Hajime Ekiden. Hana constantly praying and keeping a close eye at proceedings was really nice to see too!

And then there was those two twins causing some more drama, jeez. Why not just Haiji directly instead of conspiring among yourselves? In the episode preview, though, it seemed like the two are up to no good pissing off our main character again and looks like Kakeru’s old pal is back too. Well, it’ll probably result in nothing too serious though as it’ll be done in a jiffy I’m sure just like how the other dramatic events lasted. Besides, you were a total newbie some 6 months back and you made it this far, I wouldn’t be surprised if you manage to beat them with 3 minutes to spare even by the time it’s Hakone Ekiden. Prince managing to run this just in time was a big shocker and just another unrealistic appeal from the show. How can a complete newbie who was literally trodding along at one point manage to beat a good number of other well-trained runners? Seriously, like I mentioned before, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Kansei University winning the Hakone Ekiden in episode 23, that’s how unrealistic this show has been to me so far.

Anyway, let’s see what the coming 7 episodes have in store for us.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 7, 2019 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Considering how many episodes we have left I was certain that they would make it in the top 10 but even still knowing that I was super nervous.
Can I just say, Haiji is best waifu/husbando/team dad/team mom/team mate. He is such a beautiful character but then again they are are to me.
Aight twins, you are running cause we love an underdog story and I like thighs.

Guess next episode will be time for some more Sakaki being a sucoc.... you get the joke.
Feb 7, 2019 11:37 AM

Sep 2018
Storytelling that tries to create suspense, even if it was obvious the result, but in definite there is a certain tension at the end of the episode for the results of the race. Narration that keeps the tension high, as always it is a grace this anime with regard to the involvement.
Feb 10, 2019 5:49 PM

Dec 2018
Katsu-kun said:
One word: unrealistic.

The whole story seems, there's no way amateurs would win that race with only 7 months of pratice? Just two of them had really experiences with running before. It would took years to even manage that tenth place but hey this is fictional sis
Feb 10, 2019 6:08 PM

Dec 2018
more drama in the next ep, i'd give zero fucks about the twins before but i will welcome this situation to see what they can learn from all of it and why are they pickin this path. Is really from their core or are they just crowd follower? Because this whole idea of running it is more than that(we already saw from both Haiji and Kakeru side)
Feb 13, 2019 12:02 AM
Jan 2016
Woww look at how fast Kakeru is...and Haiji too, even with that injury...watching their expression, makes me remember when I'm competing too, but not run of course haha, that passion is real brooo. But yeah, the twins got a point there. Our goal is to run at Hakone Ekiden or win the race at Hakone Ekiden? If Haiji always said that they're aiming for the top, yeah they've been at the top now, but for winning the race and become top of the top? Maybe they'll need to search an answer themselves.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

95 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.