Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2019 4:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think it's rather interesting that this show can be applied to the practice of seeing through someone's heart; at least figuratively.

Seems this new arc is about "imaginator" and is still as mysterious as ever. Boogiepop's legend is also starting to become more relevant in their world.
Stark700Jan 18, 2019 6:17 AM
Jan 18, 2019 6:39 AM

Jun 2016
I like the additional emphasis that was put on the psychological aspect in this episode.

Jan 18, 2019 6:43 AM

Dec 2017
seems that Imaginator picks up in her team the strangest people, and in this case it was Asuka Jin, a sensei that tries to analyze every person's heart and see flaws in them in form of buds, thorns and shit like that. as for now the motives of the Imaginator are unclear, i can't even tell if she's evil or not. Boogiepop is the same, he's like a chaotic neutral type

well, hopefully this will be better than the previous 3 episodes. as i can see, there's 2 books of Boogiepop vs Imaginator and i really hope they won't rush things
uninstallthegameJan 18, 2019 6:53 AM
Jan 18, 2019 6:48 AM

Apr 2015
This arc seems to be more interesting.

Cannot wait, this seems to be a bit more straightforward than the previous arc

Jan 18, 2019 7:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
JLaxius said:
I like the additional emphasis that was put on the psychological aspect in this episode.
Same here, seeing this dude gradually turn himself into a madman was something else
Jan 18, 2019 7:12 AM
Mar 2016
So a more straightforward start to a new arc. I really liked the first arc, the only thing that was missing was boogiepop herself (himself?).
Jan 18, 2019 7:19 AM

Mar 2018
I wish I had a sense of time in this series, would really help me wrap my head around it, I only just understood the first arc and now we're on arc 2, kinda frustrating but i hope its worth sticking with.
Jan 18, 2019 7:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, the psychological bit and the mystery of the episode was top-notch this episode!

Boogiepop and Imaginator’s short conversation at the start of the episode was really cool, a lot of hints I’d imagine were thrown in during that short minute and a quarter of dialogue. Suiko was killed by Boogiepop because she was already an enemy to the world and it seems as though Suiko had some certain powers too just like the Sensei(and is now controlling him using the students and the neighbor as baits?). Another juicy detail was Imaginator challenging Boogiepop to see if she can find her during her descent which supposedly will take quite a long time or so. On the other hand, we got a large chunk of the screen time focused on Sensei. Looks like he’s got some really intriguing powers and now it seems as though Imaginator is looking to take advantage of that. First it was the various students going through the same dream and such and then the glimpse of the future before finalising with the death of the former student who happened to fall into the realm of drug addiction. What really piqued my interest was his motivation to go for the attack, I wonder if it has to do with whatever the Police Officer mentioned about the victim dying peacefully. Anyway, the final scene of him taking down the three bullies and saving the other two was pretty cool. I’m really looking forward to seeing all this clarified in the coming episode but as of now, the setting up of the base has been exceptional so far! Coupled with this, the non-linear Storyline just makes the experience even more shrouded in mystery. Great stuff!

Definitely looking forward to next episode! First arc lacked the presence and involvement of Boogiepop but thankfully it seems as though this arc will feature her a lot more. Also, props to the VA of Boogiepop again, her smug-ish voice just makes her character so much more imperious in a good way,
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 18, 2019 7:29 AM

Dec 2014
This was great, very interesting.

When the doctor guy was initially talking to the girl and mentioning stuff like 'stem', 'bud', I was wondering what in the hell he was talking about. It finally made sense later.

I personally found it very interesting how Imaginator kinda manipulated the doctor into becoming someone he probably never thought he would be. It's not like he was forced or anything but rather she just showed him things that would completely mess with his morale. I'm guessing the final icing on the cake was when the police guy told the doctor that at the very end the girl seemed to have died in peace which is ultimately what triggered the doctor into using his powers to basically become sort of like a vigilante.

The doctor's smirk when walking away from the police station was so Light Yagami. xD

Looking forward to more, this arc seems a lot more interesting than the previous one already since we have so much more context here.
Jan 18, 2019 7:46 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
After the first 3 episodes that were enjoyable but a little bit underwhelming, the first episode of the new arc was really good.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 18, 2019 7:49 AM

Feb 2016
The first 3 episodes were a bit confusing but enjoyable. This new arc seems really interesting. I'd like to see where this Imaginator thing goes to.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 18, 2019 7:57 AM

Feb 2018
New arc really good.
Jan 18, 2019 8:02 AM

Jul 2015
damn i like the atmosphere of this show more and more

Well...
Jan 18, 2019 8:03 AM

Mar 2016
Not as good as first 3 episodes but im still excited to watch more and understand this story and how it connects
Qui__Jan 18, 2019 8:09 AM
Jan 18, 2019 8:12 AM
Sep 2018
It was a great episode. Technically, it did very well.
It seems that, now, the anime will focus on other characters and "monsters". Now the problem is this one of imaginaitor. I thought the anime would focus on the characters that were first introduced, but not. Now the problem is another, and the "protagonist" is too. Longing for more.
Jan 18, 2019 8:34 AM
Aug 2012
This was a WAY better start of the arc than in previews one. Why in the hell they didn`t make a proper adaptation of the firs book, if they could?
Well, better late than never, hope they continue this way.
Jan 18, 2019 8:59 AM

Apr 2016
Good thing the anime has become slower after the super fast pacing that the first arc had
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2019 10:41 AM

Mar 2017
I really liked this episode with the whole psych concept. I found Imaginator quite scary actually... because he or she is always there...
I'm still a bit confused by the series but i really like it!
Jan 18, 2019 11:39 AM

Jan 2017
much better arc than the first one but i'm still not invested in the story or the characters
Jan 18, 2019 12:21 PM
Apr 2016
I personally am not really liking the appearance of the enemy of supernatural origin just like Boogiepop is. That said, well, looking forward to the fate of Asukai's.
Re:formed
Jan 18, 2019 3:06 PM
Mar 2015
So Imaginator feeds off the energy a person gives off when dying and Sensei fixes the flaws of the dying people making them die happy which makes him feel good
Jan 18, 2019 3:36 PM

Aug 2017
The atmosphere is just pure gold
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2019 4:03 PM

Dec 2016
Im like 15% confused, but I think I understood enough from the episode to not have to rewatch it lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 18, 2019 4:31 PM

Oct 2014
I don't quite grasp how sensei turned into a imaginator himself. Did the girl "passed on" her imaginator (?) to him by dying? Or did he just realize that the power he always had could be used in another way?

I'm really liking the series.
Jan 18, 2019 4:59 PM

Mar 2013
Z_Tetriminos said:
I don't quite grasp how sensei turned into a imaginator himself. Did the girl "passed on" her imaginator (?) to him by dying? Or did he just realize that the power he always had could be used in another way?

I'm really liking the series.
I think he just took her name for himself but not her powers
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 18, 2019 5:00 PM

Mar 2013
This new arc started pretty good. loved asukai sensei. he reminds me a little of okabe rintaro from SG
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 18, 2019 5:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I don't know if i would call Asukai very amibitious or just straight delusional about helping people BEFORE Imaginator appeared. I already thought that he was a very weird dude. He seemed to have a god complex in my eyes.

Then a girl who just fell into deep shit even after Asukai tried to help her completely made him go crazy. His beliefs were totally thrown under the bus there. As soon as he saw the possibility of being a god, he took it after he saw this shit.

Now he's literally Light Yagami, using unjust methods to ''protect''.
Jan 18, 2019 5:09 PM

Jul 2017
That was great and really different ngl.
Jan 18, 2019 6:10 PM

Mar 2016
Question: Does this happen before or after school problem?
Jan 18, 2019 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
The first three episodes really disappointed me, but this episode was a massive improvement for me. It's really starting to demonstrate some of the more psychological elements that I loved in Boogiepop Phantom, and its storytelling was much easier to follow
Jan 18, 2019 6:37 PM

Oct 2015
I was more captured by the druggie girl, I was saddened by her state and wished Imaginator didn't kill her. What the junkie did was a bit noble and didn't want other kids to go through the same path she did. But the Imaginator could've tried another solution like rehab maybe, instead of an instant kill.

Also this Asukai sensei seems messed up by the Imaginator, I guess he's going down a dark path fast. I'm really hyped on Boogiepop's response in the next.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 18, 2019 6:53 PM
May 2016
lihle808 said:
But the Imaginator could've tried another solution like rehab maybe, instead of an instant kill.

doubt rehab was anywhere on his mind by then lol
Jan 18, 2019 8:47 PM

Jan 2018
Interested to see how the motivations between Boogiepop and Imaginator goes moving forward. On another note, the animation of this episode was miles better than the first arc. Glad to see Madhouse getting their shit together.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jan 18, 2019 8:53 PM
Oct 2017
It was alright.
I just hope this new arc doesn't end as quickly and out of place as the first.
Jan 18, 2019 8:54 PM

Dec 2016
Interesting how every girl is having the same dream and speaking the same catch phrase.

Sensei is starting to lose the plot, the moment he started experimenting with that power he won't be able to stop now.
Jan 18, 2019 8:59 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was like a low-rent Kara no Kyoukai episode
but I mean that in a good way

I prefer the darker and green-greyer tones used in this episode, unlike the first three, which is closer visually to Boogiepop Phantom. The color palette also reminds me of Kara no Kyoukai, same with the subject matter.
glassknucklesJan 18, 2019 9:03 PM
Jan 18, 2019 9:39 PM

Apr 2018
Another great episode! This 1 is probly my favorite as of now. This is an anime that actually gets BETTER as the episodes go by!
I am very interested in learning more about this Imaginator character! She seems way more interesting than Echoes and Manticore!
Jan 18, 2019 9:43 PM

Apr 2018
lihle808 said:
I was more captured by the druggie girl, I was saddened by her state and wished Imaginator didn't kill her. What the junkie did was a bit noble and didn't want other kids to go through the same path she did. But the Imaginator could've tried another solution like rehab maybe, instead of an instant kill.

Also this Asukai sensei seems messed up by the Imaginator, I guess he's going down a dark path fast. I'm really hyped on Boogiepop's response in the next.

My guess is that Imaginator is actually a villain. I haven't read the LNs so I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna be the plot twist. Asukai got this weird grin on his face, probly meaning he's starting 2 lose it, and I think that's Imaginator's doing. My guess is that Boogiepop is gonna come in at the end of this arc and kill imaginator, just like how she killed Manticore, (well I mean, she got some1 else 2 kill Manticore, but u know what I mean!).
Jan 18, 2019 10:27 PM

Mar 2010
Huh, just so that I'm not off base here, but Imaginator is the other girl in the OP besides Touka right? If so, I can assume she is gonna be a major character, at least for awhile. If I interpreted Boogiepop's conversation with her correctly, Imaginator is basically another Boogiepop, but unlike our heroine this one fully merged Suiko.

Beyond that she is super creepy and the episode did a great job selling how unsettling she/it is with her ability to possesses and control anyone at anytime and just her ethereal alien presence in general.
Jan 18, 2019 10:35 PM

Oct 2015
I'm assuming that Asukai-sensei is beginning to develop a Messiah complex.

This new arc is really interesting, and the transitioning between flashbacks and the present-time were a lot more obvious (last arc's flashbacks felt more like a direct followup of the previous scene, so it took me a while to realise they were flashbacks).

Jan 18, 2019 10:48 PM

Oct 2015
Jagd84 said:
If I interpreted Boogiepop's conversation with her correctly, Imaginator is basically another Boogiepop, but unlike our heroine this one fully merged Suiko.

I just rewatched the scene and it looks like Imaginator is like Boopiepop, but a newly created entity, hence saying that she doesn't have a name yet and that nothing has started yet.

I don't think Suiko is actually dead. Imaginator said there is plenty of time before hitting the ground, and Boogiepop said to Suiko's friend later in the episode that she hasn't reached the other world yet. I assume Suiko's in some sort of limbo, and Imaginator is trying to protect its existence by holding Suiko's life at ransom.

I haven't read the LNs so this is just all speculation. Tbh, your comment actually made me see this episode in a whole different way.
Jan 18, 2019 11:34 PM

May 2015
Well this episode flew by pretty fast. Asukai going from counselor who gives advice to helpless students into a "hero" where he does the helping himself thanks to Imaginator's influence. He's gonna be plucking a lot of roses.

Boogiepop and Imaginator appearing when people are in need, but Boogiepop only appears when it is necessary, while Imaginator looks to be taking a more direct approach. This might end up with both of their views conflicting each other...kind of like a conscience...
Jan 18, 2019 11:54 PM

Dec 2017
Oh, now it's getting heavier with psychological elements? I'm lovin' it! :>
The new characters are interesting. Looking forward to Boogiepop's reaction to the new Imaginator...

Quite a number of great series airing this season, that I could barely hold. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing though.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 19, 2019 12:50 AM

Apr 2016
New Arc, New mysteries. I really like the setup and atmosphere of this episode. Although the imaginator and Boogiepop's intentions seem to be unclear, the setup for this arc is more engaging than the last one. Asukai is a lot better characterized and introduced here.
Jan 19, 2019 2:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm quite the intriguing exchange that Boogiepop had with that girl there. This doctor looks a bit sketchy though his power sure was interesting as was the way he compares people to plants. The meeting between Imaginator and the doc sure was fun. But man she sure is going far in trying to convince the doc to help her though. Looks like the doc and imaginator are now the new villains. An interesting ep that did well to introduce both the doc and Imaginator. Unlike the previous villain this pair seems to be more cunning. Looking forward to seeing what they will do.
Jan 19, 2019 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
It's boring as fuck, the 'plot', tries to use the confusion as bait, but the thing is that right now the char development is inexistent.

I don't wanna drop it, but shit, it's hard.
Jan 19, 2019 5:03 AM

Sep 2011
"Love is like snow that falls in April. Unexpected, yet not unforeseen," huh.

Another good episode, this Imaginator/Suiko girl is, well, unsettling. A pity that teacher played right into her hands. I mean, like she said herself the decision was ultimately made by him, but she showed him the possibility he had.

He could see what was lacking in others, but he couldn't do anything about it, but now he is acting with his newfound abilities. So other people can have abilities/powers, and Kirima's father knew enough about this stuff to name a "possibility" like that Suiko girl as a "Imaginator." As usual it leaves you with some questions, but it's interesting enough to make you curious about what's to come.
Jan 19, 2019 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

This new arc seems interesting.

Jan 19, 2019 8:54 AM

Jun 2016
A far better first episode than last arc's! It's already somewhat intriguing and set up its villains in an interesting light. It's notable that both manticore and imaginator had human allies and were formed by humans, at least presumably. Suiko acted the same before she became an imaginator after all. It's like we have "evil" created by humans, and "evil" humans to work with them which is confronted and beaten by "good" created by humans(boogiepop), and "good humans". This all seems like some kind of dialogue on humanities morality and the horrors its evils create as well as the good of humanity which can stop it, moreover the "evil" and "good" aren't completely black and white. Manticore was the most sympathetic character in the anime, Saotome was characterized to be pitiable or sympathetic to some degree, Asukai wants to protect people and save people and is good natured and Suiko had her life taken from her unwillingly as young as she is. I think these are linked to the themes of discontentment in the series, our discontent lives create said evil. Saotome felt like he wasn't special or good enough, Asukai wants to save others but can't, as mentioned before manticore and imaginator seem like evils born through human greed for power and maybe something else for imaginator. It's pretty cool.

I love the soundtrack. I need the one from the alleyway battle and boogie's theme but I don't know where I could find them. The directing as always was super cool! Seriously, I loved that alleyway scene.

I hope Boogie gets Suiko's friend to help along in the fight against Imaginator and Asukai! I also hope the kid who was protecting the girl in the alleyway comes back! Knowing this anime, he will. Perhaps we will get a recontextualized version that scene too where the guys with knives have a bigger role than we'd expect. HMM?

Asukai actually reminds me of early Shaka from Saint Seiya with his taking people out of their misery and stealing their hearts or something. I should go back and look at what Imaginator had to say about her goal again! That's key to understanding why Asukai went from good boye to crazy man. It's especially crazy how Imaginator has been manipulating him to losing track of his students and drawing her and ripping the paper and even confronting him along with students he blames himself for being unable to help.
Jan 19, 2019 9:34 AM

Mar 2017
Another new arc started. It's getting better and better. Story telling is unique as always. Need at least one more episode to clearly understand what's going on.
I had no idea Hanazawa Kana was working in this show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.