Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, I think the decision to choose a captain is an interesting one, especially at this stage/pacing of the show.

Seems like a buildup episode again. I wish success for Kakeru's team considering how much they've come since the beginning. They seem so cheerful this episode!
Dec 4, 2018 9:08 AM

Nov 2007
It turns out he's just sleeping from anemia (glad nothing serious). Though too overworked to wake up, so seems serious.

Everyone, even main guy, blamed themselves for the result, or thinking of separating the jobs. Main guy and otaku guy fighting each other, though.

Sub-leader, huh. Everyone except main guy not willing to be one.

The girl from Yaoya to the rescue... not. Except those two in argument, everyone hurt their stomach.

They didn't notice that the guy who fell unconscious is well now and went running by himself already.

Checking other members, huh. Getting to know how to run properly together, huh. Running on the machine, his posture went well, so main guy used manga to improve for outside. Since main guy can run fast, he can be a trainer.

At the next marathon, main guy also reminded otaku guy at a point, helping him in improving his best (under 30 min.).

More running in the rain next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2018 12:07 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Shit, i got the feels there when Kakeru stopped to run at Prince's pace and cheer him on. That was such a big moment for his character, he made a genuine attempt at helping Prince and you can tell that Prince's motivation shot up the roof.

The whole team is behind Prince and seeing the time being under 30 mins and them being so excited about that really got me good, i had to smile greatly.
Dec 4, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2016
Finally they want to fix Prince's posture.

Please also fix Sakaguchi's, then only can I rest in peace. xD
Dec 4, 2018 12:10 PM

Jul 2017
Smudy said:
Shit, i got the feels there when Kakeru stopped to run at Prince's pace and cheer him on. That was such a big moment for his character, he made a genuine attempt at helping Prince and you can tell that Prince's motivation shot up the roof.

The whole team is behind Prince and seeing the time being under 30 mins and them being so excited about that really got me good, i had to smile greatly.

Yea that OST worked wonders in that moment
Dec 4, 2018 12:26 PM

Jan 2018
What an enjoyable episode and it's nice to see Prince and Kakeru make a lot of progress in both running and character development.
Dec 4, 2018 12:43 PM
Apr 2017
So much happened in this episode, so enjoyable! Does Kakeru like manga though?
Dec 4, 2018 12:49 PM

Jun 2009
I'm glad best boy Haiji is back and he got nothing serious.

Thank god Kakerus bitchy time wasn't dragged on for to long. Helping Ouji and even slowing down for him was really sweet.
Dec 4, 2018 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
The "cliffhanger" last week ended up being nothing serious, lol what a tease

This is getting really good though. Now that Kakeru's "team-mode" has activated I'm really looking forward to next week.
Dec 4, 2018 1:01 PM

Mar 2010
So many things got fixed in this episode.

I think most important one was Kakeru getting rid of his grumpy-ness.
Dec 4, 2018 1:25 PM

Mar 2013
Me, in tears: how'd Kakeru and Ouji end up being the new ship?
Dec 4, 2018 1:29 PM
Nov 2015
Ouji e kakeru as very friends, finally. it was a great episode. the scene with Hana chan and everyone out at the bath waiting musa was very funny. Haiji is okay now. we're very glad
Dec 4, 2018 1:44 PM
Oct 2017
Glad nothing is serious with Haiji. I seriously thought that it was a death flag.
Kakeru is starting to get along. Loving it so far
Dec 4, 2018 1:46 PM

Jan 2017
Well with Prince being "fixed" and Kakeru stopping to run next to him to cheer him up, we can say that they are finally a true full fledged track team.

My favorite episode so far!
Dec 4, 2018 2:05 PM
Jan 2017
Is that a jojo reference?

Loved the episode
Dec 4, 2018 2:22 PM

Nov 2016
Ok Haiji was overworked after all, nothing surprising there. Tho it was funny how they blocked the door and the messages on his board also.

Also laughed at the bad cooking skills of Hana, that trope never gets old for me xD

And lmao, didn't think that Prince would fix some of his problems regarding his running skills like that, priceless.

Despite all the comedy,the episode still managed to be an more emotional one for me.

The end was especially great when everyone celebrated with Prince over his new record time. Also kudos to Kakeru, I loved it how he helped Prince out throughout this episode, even going as far as to slow down for him during a race. What a great development.

Btw, Prince going Murasakibara there was lowkey highlight of the episode haha. Favorite anime this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 4, 2018 3:14 PM

Sep 2011
Haiji really scared me back there, but he really collapsed because he was overworked. But Nico-chan-senpai trying to share the responsibility of the problem caused by Kakeru between him and Prince was a bit much; Prince didn't do anything.

And I don't like how Kakeru magically decided to care. I mean, there was the incident with Haiji, but it was still too abrupt. But I'm glad that Haiji was only out of commission for a day, Kakeru doesn't even know how to be a teammate yet, let alone a team captain.

"I won't be gentle", like he ever was. I also really wanted Haiji to be the one to help Prince with his form. He was the caring, and experienced senpai after all, but they had to "redeem" Kakeru somehow. At least he admitted that he didn't even bother to look at Prince before running by his side that morning. But letting go of the chance to break his record time to encourage Prince just made the sudden change feel all the more unnatural.

Also, nine guys and no one that can prepare a decent meal? How disgraceful. At least they didn't went on with the cliché of the girl becoming their maid, and preparing them a feast for no reason other than being a girl. Hana-chan not knowing how to cook was a nice twist.

Welp, if with this Kakeru's attitude problems are gone, this episode was a big win. I'm glad Haiji is fine, they can't seem to function without him.
Dec 4, 2018 3:36 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

As expected it looks like Haiji was overworked, glad he recovered just fine.

It was real nice to see Kakeru taking charge and you can really see he genuinely wanted Prince to get better. I guess the reason he originally came down so strongly on him was because he really wanted to run with the team at Hakone.

Hana is a pro cook. XD

Loved the entire montage of Kakeru helping Prince train, put a real smile on my face. Especially at the very end during the race where Kakeru stopped in order to help Prince make that run. That was beautiful.

OST was amazing as expected.
Dec 4, 2018 4:10 PM

Feb 2017
Amazing episode. Luckily, Haiji just overworked, I really thought it would be something more serious. Glad I was wrong.

Kakeru training Prince and them becoming friends was so nice to watch!
Ending managed to be emotional. Prince finally broke 30min mark!
Beautiful episode really.
TsarkoDec 4, 2018 4:16 PM
Dec 4, 2018 4:27 PM

May 2015
By far the best episode of the show.
I never felt that much involved in a show than this. Prince beating 30 minutes made me so happy.
Dec 4, 2018 5:04 PM

Jul 2017
That was weird but really great. Congrats to Prince!
Dec 4, 2018 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad Haiji is alright, thank goodness his condition was not serious.

I was surprised that Hana cannot cook, I thought when she arrived there she was going to save them from those twin's cooking but heck no!

As for Prince's situation, I see Kakeru has made an effort to aid the dude instead of telling to quit. His method though is kinda embarrassing for me, and it seems to be very slow in improving his running. Those spectators puzzled by the celebration on Prince's finish of less than 30mins was really funny. But to those guys it was a stepping stone of a huge achievement.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 4, 2018 6:21 PM

Jul 2016
Well, It was a good episode after all and although I found the way Kakeru helped Prince rather dumb, at least it gave the latter a major motivation to improve his running skills and it also helped to deepen the bond between them. Not to mention that during the race, seeing Kakeru deciding to run at Prince's pace despite having an excellent time made me smile. It was a great signal of character development for him.

And since it seems that Kakeru's grumpy attitude is finally over, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the group will grow and improve for the next competition.
Dec 4, 2018 7:22 PM

Dec 2016
I'm so happy that Prince and Kakeru finally started to get along and although I understand the plan they came up with to improve Prince's technique, I still think they could have approached it in a better way. But nevertheless, this didn't stop me from having a huge smile from ear to ear during the whole episode.

I love you Prince, don't give up! <3
Dec 4, 2018 7:27 PM

Oct 2018
Thank God they fixed Prince's form, that was annoying me this whole time lol

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 4, 2018 8:35 PM

Sep 2017
So turns out Haiji had been purposely not teaching Prince good running form. Oh and of course his collapsing was just being exhausted. I'm really glad Prince has his form fixed though; it was paining to watch him run before.

There's a ton of development for Prince and Kakeru this ep as well. Especially for Kakeru. Him slowing down, when he was on a potential person best time run, to encourage prince was really something else. This was a really great episode overall.
Dec 4, 2018 10:55 PM
Jun 2016
I am happy to see that Haiji is back to full form...though he really is overworking himself.Some of the other guys should take the slack...especially as regards cooking.

Hana's cooking...lol. Funny that only Kakeru and Price seemed to be able to eat the stuff. Must have stomachs of iron.

Prince is getting better and better. I am betting on him being best runner at the end of this series...to the point that we won't recognise him!

Kakeru is finally growing up. Thankfully.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Dec 4, 2018 10:56 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that Prince is improving.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 5, 2018 1:09 AM

Nov 2018
Waiting for the bathroom like... ☠️

Everything about this episode made me so happy. That is all. 😊
Dec 5, 2018 1:23 AM
Dec 2017
Great episode 5/5 💖💖💖
Dec 5, 2018 1:52 AM

Nov 2013
Haiji’s OKAY! Still… They tried to lock him up…! That got me laughing! As for Kakeru & Oujisan, they’re friends now! Hope Kakeru & Haiji will be able to get even better and more…& Ouji to get a record! Next ep, running in the rain!

Dec 5, 2018 2:43 AM

Mar 2016
I sighed when I found out Haiji was only asleep. It was such a relief.

The slowest and the fastest are bonding.

Ouji's T shirts are one of the reasons I look forward to every episode. lol.

The way Kakeru taught Ouji to run was so weird and cartoonish. 'I can't wait to go home and read manga!'

I love how Ouji starts struggling to breathe when he runs. Though, if I ran for longer than 15 minutes, I am pretty sure I would be like that as well.

I was shocked when the shot where Kakeru lifted Ouji's leg came. Yaoi can put weird thoughts in your head. lol. I was like "I wasn't expecting them to get THAT close!"
Dec 5, 2018 2:45 AM

Jul 2016
I got so emotional for some reason??? D: what a great episode...Kakeru finally took some of the lemons he has up his a*s and started actively trying to correct Prince's form instead of just guilt-tripping him into leaving the team. (also can I say, Prince is so so so cute with his hair back. What a babe. Now to get him proper clothes....)
Also very happy to see that Team Mom(TM) Haiji is well. <3
Dec 5, 2018 3:24 AM

Oct 2013
one of my favourite episodes so far! i loved how kakeru gave up on beating the record to encourage ouji!! and i'm glad haiji is fine phew.
Dec 5, 2018 4:27 AM

May 2015
This episode was so wholesome!
Not trying to break his own personal best showed us Kakeru's growth. That moment was so precious!

There also have to be someone who can't cook xD Poor boys
Dec 5, 2018 6:28 AM
Aug 2016
Wow they handled the tensions and drama between Kakeru and Ouji excellently. The moment when Kakeru slowed down to cheer Prince up instead of breaking his previous best time was a great moment for his character. Amazing character development this ep and the ost is as great as ever. Haiji also helped Kakeru realize how to deal with Prince. Good job captain. Loved this episode, probably the best so far.
Dec 5, 2018 6:42 AM
Oct 2018
let kakeru and ouji ship sail.

good nothing happened with haiji.
Dec 5, 2018 6:55 AM

Aug 2015
The best episode by far, im so excited!

Dec 5, 2018 9:14 AM

Feb 2014
Quite the inspiration. Kakeru seeing things from Prince's perspective was commendable.
Btw Hana-chan was cute as ever. I'd really eat her cooking if she was my wife.😍
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 5, 2018 9:45 AM

May 2017
This anime keeps getting better and who might have thought that haiji being out of the picture will solve some things, overall such a great episode and I think after this episode the pace might increase a little bit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2018 10:22 AM
Mar 2015
Congrats Prince You just broke the 30 minute barrier
Dec 5, 2018 10:53 AM

Feb 2016
A Big step up from last episodes I must say. Kakeru finally realized it.

Congrats on Prince, that JoJo reference and breaking the 30 minute barrier!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 5, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
JoJo reference? lmfao

Dec 5, 2018 12:52 PM

May 2016
One of the best episodes so far, loved how it turned out damn I wish them a super good luck.
Dec 5, 2018 1:21 PM

Feb 2017
When prince was menacingly sitting in the corner
"You mean you dont know about Daga kotowaru?"
😂
Dec 5, 2018 1:40 PM

Aug 2016
This series is too amazing.
Great to see Kakeru seeing past himself when running and Prince making steps towards improvement, plus a JoJo's reference lol.
Figured Haiji was just overworked, good that everyone realised how much he does and that leading to Akihiro eating properly.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 5, 2018 3:06 PM

Oct 2008
Such a wonderful episode for Ouji! i've never been this happy seeing this episode ends because of the very emotional OST! they really executed it well!
Hana can't cook lolz!
Everyone is so concerned about Haiji!
Kakeru helping Ouji was such a good redeeming attitude of his!
5/5!

Dec 5, 2018 3:27 PM

Feb 2007
This episode - officially the greatest bit of comedy this year. :D
Dec 5, 2018 4:15 PM
Aug 2018
I loved the episode! I enjoyed the "using a character's passion to get them to get better at a new skill" thing that happened between Kakeru and Prince. I think their friendship was awesomely demonstrated.
Though I am still worried about Haiji being up so soon; he should be in bed some more (though who knows how long the rest of the team would last at that rate).
Dec 5, 2018 8:42 PM
Oct 2018
Very heartwarming episode. I’m glad Prince and Kakeru are getting along now. Kakeru found a way to motivate prince and improve his running.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.