Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 24, 2018 10:37 PM

Apr 2012
SharafDan said:
deg said:

there is NPC though but not NTR, lol Akane implied that Rikka and all of them are just NPC created by her anyway

Yeah, and most importantly Akane made sure that Rikka likes her when she created her [by a KAIJU Akane created]. If you noticed the Ending Credit, you will see Rikka and Akane trying to reach each other and hold hands at the end, as if Akane created an alternative world out of boredom and loneliness, which means everyone belongs to the original world but Akane transferred or recreated them!

I don't know.. I don't really understand!

Interpret the plot of the show through the ending? Lol, man, you reminded me how thumblr girls tried to evaluate the sexuality of the heroines of one show through fanservice art in one of the chapters.
Nov 24, 2018 11:26 PM

Mar 2016
Lairucrem said:
I hate to say this but I'm starting to like this show, love the characters voices, the yakuza loli shota, Rikka's mom and Akane's VA all did a great job

FTFY. Bohr is a guy.

Lairucrem said:
I still hate trigger tho for that abomination that is ditf

It was all A1 pretending to be Trigger, badly, for the later part of that show.
Nov 25, 2018 1:37 AM

May 2017
U1111 said:
Lairucrem said:
I hate to say this but I'm starting to like this show, love the characters voices, the yakuza loli shota, Rikka's mom and Akane's VA all did a great job

FTFY. Bohr is a guy.

That only makes it even better
Nov 25, 2018 1:40 AM

Mar 2008
As much as I hate Akane for killing people, I don't think she would hurt Rikka. If Rikka does die or get hurt badly, I think Alexis would be the one to do it to make Akane more evil or something along those lines.
Nov 25, 2018 2:03 AM
Dec 2016
DMananK said:
In the end were their uniforms Kill la Kill references?

That's probably Imperial Japanese Navy's second uniform. Some people jokingly say it is Kancolle reference.
The outfit design of all the main characters are based on Transformers Shattered Glass. I thought this was also reference to Transformers at first but it just looks like Imperial Japanese Navy uniform to me.
e_hobaNov 25, 2018 2:32 AM
Nov 25, 2018 2:07 AM

Oct 2018
Seems like Obari isn't that pleased, that Amemiya/Trigger are copying his Animation/storyboards nearly 1:1. Kinda weird though, that he openly complains on weibo while only hinting a bit of dissapointment on twitter.
Nov 25, 2018 2:10 AM

Jan 2013
MaceChan said:
Seems like Obari isn't that pleased, that Amemiya/Trigger are copying his Animation/storyboards nearly 1:1. Kinda weird though, that he openly complains on weibo while only hinting a bit of dissapointment on twitter.
Huh, interesting.
He seemed to enjoy it a couple episodes back... Even gave out compliments if I'm not mistaken.
I wonder what made him change his mind?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 25, 2018 2:57 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that Rikka was created by Akane. I like the part where Gridman have Full Power.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 25, 2018 4:41 AM
Oct 2012
>Those blatant homages to the Might Gaine combination and Braves overall
>Those cut-away shots in homage to GaoGaiGar ep 1
>That Gravion transformation sequence
>The Full Powered design in general
Guys I-I'm sorry. I lost No Nut November. I'm sorry. That twist with Akane though, NPC meme intensifies. Also, after this ep it feels like Akane is playing and combination of The Sims and Sim City lol
Xenogears1989Nov 25, 2018 4:47 AM
Nov 25, 2018 4:51 AM
May 2013
what a surreal and creepy moment with akane and rikka on the bus. i feel like we could be heading towards a really balls to the wall third act. it would be a very trigger thing to do, after all.
rtilNov 25, 2018 4:54 AM
Nov 25, 2018 5:19 AM

Oct 2018
my hope that they will transfer gridman into a better computer ,or just upgrading "the junk" just got destroyed

so i guess the biggest mystery right now is the first mystery we encounter ,who is yuuta? why he lose his memories? ,how do he got into the melancholy of shinjo akane world? when will he make his move and bang rikka already?
(the last one keep me awake at night)

oh yeah and the fight is hype i guess ,its not as hype as sky gridman and buster gridman fight that 2 fight really had a big threat and big finisher as well ,and in this one the just combine into a megazord (just like what akane said)and use the power of friendship yayyyyyy i guess

my problem of this show seems to emerged when the hype goes down ,they didnt care to explain the neon genesis junior high student role in the story ,who are they? ,what are their connection gridman? ,why the f**k they didnt explain those thing i ask above?

and of course anti ,its probably just me having trouble with the edgy angsty brat when everyone told me that "akane controlled him he just need some love"
Nov 25, 2018 5:53 AM

Nov 2014
Another great episode with yet another reveal. Story progression is awesome. We still have Yuuta;s lost memories too.
Loved action scenes, especially animation.
I can't believe I'm enjoying this anime (totally not my taste genre-wise) so much.
Nov 25, 2018 6:10 AM

Apr 2015
It feels like I am missing something but when Akane brought the kaiju to school couldn't the gang just destroy it by like throwing it to the ground?
Nov 25, 2018 7:35 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty interesting episode, I'm wondering if Akane implied that all the people in the city are created by her or if it's just Rikka. I was thinking it's the former considering it's her city and all that but I wasn't entirely sure. I'm curious how things will develop from here, I'm guessing Hibiki's amnesia will be something important too and probably be the key to resolving the whole situation.
Nov 25, 2018 8:30 AM
Sep 2017
I still don't understand why the others lose their memory after every Kaiju attack.
Nov 25, 2018 8:37 AM

Oct 2018
Cabron said:
MaceChan said:
Huh, interesting.
He seemed to enjoy it a couple episodes back... Even gave out compliments if I'm not mistaken.
I wonder what made him change his mind?
Seems to be a more along the lines, that he wanted to see the folks at Trigger putting a certain spin to these scenes instead of just copying layouts and animation. Kinda what you see with Obari's famous Sunrise pose or his punch scenes. It references his animation but the animator's own style still shines through. Maybe it also has to do with Ichiro Itano's involvement in last week's episode, as Itano was actually consulted for the action storyboard and also did the Kaiju design. Really unfortunate though as Obari was really honored at first to receive such a love letter from his colleagues. I am just hoping, that this incident doesn't put a dent into their relationship.
MaceChanNov 25, 2018 8:40 AM
Nov 25, 2018 8:37 AM
Mar 2016
RobertBobert said:
SharafDan said:

Yeah, and most importantly Akane made sure that Rikka likes her when she created her [by a KAIJU Akane created]. If you noticed the Ending Credit, you will see Rikka and Akane trying to reach each other and hold hands at the end, as if Akane created an alternative world out of boredom and loneliness, which means everyone belongs to the original world but Akane transferred or recreated them!

I don't know.. I don't really understand!

Interpret the plot of the show through the ending? Lol, man, you reminded me how thumblr girls tried to evaluate the sexuality of the heroines of one show through fanservice art in one of the chapters.

Why not? There are animes that foreshadow the story through the ending!
Have you seen Attack on Titan season 2 ending?
ShaDanDanNov 25, 2018 9:27 AM
Nov 25, 2018 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
SharafDan said:
Why not? There are animes that foreshadow the story through the ending!
Have you seen Attack on Titan season 2 ending?

Because this is what russians calls the “search for deep meaning" syndrome, when even the most trivial facts is interpreted as a profound implication.
Nov 25, 2018 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
I was wondering if they ever consider killing Akane but I guess that's not an option for them... although it was funny how they believe they could convince a psychopath to change her plans.
Personally I would have crushed that clay-model of hers at the first opportunity... although that probably wouldnt have ended up well but fuck it.

So Akane not only creates Kaijus but also the people who lives in the city. Well, this is literally about creations fighting against their God now. At least, that revelation seems more interesting to me.
Nov 25, 2018 1:22 PM

Jul 2014
Decent episode as always with some much needed development between Rikka and Shou. Its probably all we are gonna get for these 2 but its nice that the focus isn't solely on the MC x Rikka romantic pairing. The big reveal of Rikka's relationship with Akane was an OH SHIT moment, but makes a lot sense in hindsight.

Also, daaaaamn did the animation suddenly spike up during Rikka and Yuuta's conversation. Trigger is really putting all their efforts into every Rikka scene to maximize her appeal, and I can't say I mind. She looked so great in that captain uniform too.

Oh and the fight scene is well animated and cool. I guess.
Nov 25, 2018 2:57 PM
Mar 2017
School festival episode, and Akane declare the war against Gridman
Today's episode gave us very good material, first Akane and Rikka looked spectacular, the animators were pleased to do an excellent job.
Akane reveals her new Kaiju to Yuuta, Rikka and Utsumi and she will attack the day of the festival. Utsumi makes Rikka angry because he believes that there is no way to reason with Akane, they just have to fight and defeat Akane and Alexis.
Anti is in very bad condition after his meeting with Alexis, the guys from NGH are surprised when Anti suddenly appears, Borr is the best, the little mafia girl is tough and I love how she gets that knife and tries to correct the rude kaiju boy.
The scene between Rikka and Akane was nice, but I must admit that for a moment I thought Akane would do something bad to Rikka, but in the end I feel that what happened was worse, Akane reveals that Rikka was created to be her friend and is impossible for Rikka to be against her or hate her.
The guys ruin Akane's plans causing the evacuation of the school and when they face the new Kaiju, Gridman try to fuse with all his teammates forming Full Powered Gridman, I loved the design and also looks very powerful, the final technique It was the best, plus it turned golden to look cooler.
In the end Utsumi and Rikka apologize and the festival is successful, but Akane was very depressed after another defeat.
Nov 25, 2018 7:25 PM

Mar 2014
i love the yuri bait between rikka and akane. bye to all the BG love ships
Nov 26, 2018 4:44 AM

Aug 2018
Love this show! Never even clicked it was called Neon Genesis school ha.
I do wonder though, when Akane shows them the mecha kaiju and says she's gonna ruin the festival....why didn't one of them, like, just smash it? lol
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Nov 26, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2016
Trigger sure knows to come up with some good characters man I love all of the black suits.
Nov 26, 2018 2:07 PM

Mar 2017
DMananK said:
In the end were their uniforms Kill la Kill references?

Yuta's was definately a Space Patrol Luluco reference with the way his hair was tied, which is another Trigger anime. You could say Rika's was like Satsuki's uniform, not sure what the hecc the maid outfit would be tho. Doesn't ring any trigger bells and it definately isn't KLK
Nov 26, 2018 2:11 PM

Mar 2017
>gender bender cafe

Now they're really appealing to all tastes, Rikka's thighs, Akane's a gamer girl, now traps

Trigger is truly a studio of culture

Alexis play the SSSS.GRIDMAN Opening
Nov 27, 2018 11:16 AM

Jun 2016
AnimeJunky said:
As much as I hate Akane for killing people

But is she tho? It seems like the whole thing is just some kind of Sims/Minecraft-esque virtual world with kaijūs and Akane as the player character. People kill annoying NPCs all the time (if the game lets them) which I guess is also how Akane looks at the whole situation.
Nov 29, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2014
Initially i thought the reason akane was called god was because she wielded godly powers like manipulating reality. Now that she claims that she was the one that actually created the city including every single person there really changes my perspective on her. Shes no longer just god but actually God
Nov 30, 2018 1:56 PM

Dec 2010
Akane is pretty playful again. She owned(sic!) Thikka on the bus. Nice creepy atmosphere there.

First step to redemption for Anti. At least he wasn`t obnoxious this time. Always a plus in my book.

The gender bender cafe idea was awful but hey, they need to cater to all of the anime fans.

caio_brb said:
Saw a theory in reddit and I'm plenty sure that something like that will happen with the information that we get:

"I think the world we're seeing is Akane's recreation of her school & city from the real world, and the only non-Akane-created people in it are Yuuta, Akane, and Alexis. IRL, she's probably a socially awkward kid with no friends and an obsession with kaiju, and Rikka is probably a kind, outgoing person that Akane looks up to. Hence, when recreating Rikka in whatever kind of pocket universe we're in, Akane made sure that Rikka could never hate her, since IRL she'd be anxious that Rikka wasn't really her friend, since Rikka is IRL more popular than Akane. (And she created everyone else to think she's the most talented and beautiful person in school.) I think it's all headed towards a reveal that Yuuta is in this universe to save Akane and that everyone is worried about her, thus making Akane realize she doesn't need to hide in Alexis's pocket dimension to experience love and friendship, making her ultimately turn against Alexis, who's been amassing an army of her kaiju in order to take over the real world or something."

Sounds like a Trigger plot. Seems like a good idea. I would not mind plot like this.
Dec 2, 2018 11:36 AM

Jul 2008
Akane got her ass handed to her again, and it was beautiful to watch.

I'm really curious to see how this will wrap up.
Dec 2, 2018 12:35 PM

May 2016
FULL POWERED GRIDMAN TRANSFOMATION WAS SO COOL!!!!!!
Dec 2, 2018 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Full Powered Gridman was so awesome!!!
Looks like it's hopeless for Shinjou Akane to be their ally...
5/5.

Dec 3, 2018 3:01 AM

Jun 2017
So this is where that meme came from, nice. Rikka looking THICC as always, nice anime.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 8, 2018 6:06 AM
Nov 2018
UglyBarnacle said:
Decent episode as always with some much needed development between Rikka and Shou. Its probably all we are gonna get for these 2 but its nice that the focus isn't solely on the MC x Rikka romantic pairing. The big reveal of Rikka's relationship with Akane was an OH SHIT moment, but makes a lot sense in hindsight.

Also, daaaaamn did the animation suddenly spike up during Rikka and Yuuta's conversation. Trigger is really putting all their efforts into every Rikka scene to maximize her appeal, and I can't say I mind. She looked so great in that captain uniform too.

Oh and the fight scene is well animated and cool. I guess.

I don't think it's nice that the plot isn't solely on the rikka+mc romance pairing, i think that's the most glaring issue in this series.
LiedElfenDec 8, 2018 6:11 AM
Dec 13, 2018 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
That bus scene was unnerving... NGE vibes real once again.

So all of the characters are essentially NPCs created by Akane or some shit like that? Akane's warped perspective makes more sense, but Alexis's role is still a mystery. Perhaps Akane's role as "god" is up for bid, and there's some sort of supernatural war afoot?

Not as good as the last couple episodes, but still a jolly good show. Rikka's idiotic idealism was frustrating, but if it's true she genuinely can't fight Akane, like she is genetically incapable of it, it's acceptable.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 19, 2018 4:18 AM

Aug 2016
Such a good episode! :D
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 14, 2019 4:30 AM

Jun 2017
Easily the best episode with episode 6

I am falling in love with Rikka
Jan 23, 2019 4:26 PM

May 2012
That full power combination was totally lit! Really epic and we're only at the 8th episode, so with 4 more to go I really do wonder how it will go! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Jan 29, 2019 4:41 PM

Dec 2016
Full Powered Gridman was pretty sweet
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 4, 2019 2:01 AM
Sep 2013

i feel like i'm missing something here
May 26, 2019 10:42 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I love the Neon Genesis Evangelion reference. So smooth and clever.
Now that's what I call a flashy transformation. I waited for it for so long, but I wanted them to combine for the first time to beat Anti, I guess, they were planning for him to potentially join the protagonist's side.
To be honest, they already established that he can change, and he probably will.
Apr 5, 2020 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
Rikka really showed she is a bit more mature than others by wanting to say sorry and get shit over with, can't stand when wamen rather sulk all fucking day about shit, Take the facts and accept them ffs. Her character creation is great.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 2020 8:53 AM

Jun 2009
I heard decent reviews of this show, saw it on Netflix and decided to watch without any expectations. And oh boy how this show pleasantly delivers each episode.

I hope Trigger doesn't pull any stupid plot twist in later episodes because it'll be such a waste.

So far, it's a solid mecha anime in my book.

May 5, 2020 2:41 PM

Apr 2019
OOOOHHHH MIIIII GAAAWWWDD

there is a Akano (Little witch academia) cameo at 11:20, girl in the middle

and there is this tension, it is getting better and better

and isn't the mother from Rikka not just Lalaco Godspeed from Uchuu patrol?
2lifeMay 5, 2020 2:54 PM

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
May 14, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
Almost felt bad for the poor Kaijuu, getting wrecked like that.

Decent fight but I enjoyed the previous one more (drill missiles, really?). Obari has it tough though. While I understand his reaction, Trigger only used a short bit of the fight. Like sure it made their work easy, but any less than that wouldn't be called an hommage (if you couldn't make out the source).
May 22, 2020 6:21 AM

May 2020
I like this transformation. Gold robot was like a golem. They should upgrade ram and processor to the PC so they can transformation in normal output. Bunkasai is reall warmful, remind me about old days I had spend around.

This is why we should taking care of girls said. Even they are wrong we are man who always fault and need to take responsibilities even we said the truth. Woman said through feels, Man said through mind.
Oct 7, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring episode tbh, almost fell asleep in the middle. Rikka was annoying, I hate it when they criticize a plan but can't come up with something better.
Nov 30, 2020 4:53 PM
Jun 2013
will say it was smart of them to do a pre attack to scare everyone off.
Jan 17, 2021 7:38 PM

Mar 2014
So another big hint was dropped... that Rikka was "made" to never hate Akane. So it would make some more sense why she had absolutely no qualms about killing anyone in the city: they're not real people...!

The Reverse Gender Cafe though... hehehe all the guys in maid/school uniforms and Rikka in that suit... hehehe...
Mar 13, 2021 11:49 PM

Mar 2010
Rikka: Fighting a classmate is bad. Shes my friend

But she literally killed your classmates.

Nice logic lmao.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

103 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 10:24 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

162 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 10:18 AM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

390 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2018

83 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 7:37 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

90 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 6:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.