Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2018 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, I actually think some of these characters look good in their casual outfits especially Touko.

Of course, the show continues to build more into Yuu/Touko's relationship. Yuu seems to be quite comfortable with expressing her love now too. I am quite pleased how they're protraying characters during their more emotional moments.

Yuu seems to be much more confident around Touko now.
Oct 19, 2018 6:13 AM
Sep 2018
Stark700 said:

Yuu seems to be quite comfortable with expressing her love now too.

What part made you think Yuu's in love? Did you mean Touko?

Is what's actually happening.

P.S. How are you watching all these episodes first?
DumpsterKingOct 19, 2018 8:13 AM
Oct 19, 2018 7:35 AM

Feb 2010
This episode, they add some original element into the anime, I like it.
...but some intrigue is too early to show in ep.3
Oct 19, 2018 7:50 AM

Apr 2016
Hi grandma, hi mom, this is senpai, shes gay, and im too.

Lmao.

Also how long until the basket girl realize she's gay ?
Oct 19, 2018 8:17 AM
Sep 2018
This episode was so good. Troyca is doing an amazing job bringing this to life. Although I think some of the translations were off in the sub from what I remember.
Oct 19, 2018 8:37 AM

Dec 2015
Another good episode. It looks peaceful, but things should ramp up in a few episodes. Looking forward to the drama!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 19, 2018 8:37 AM

Nov 2013
DumpsterKing said:
Stark700 said:

Yuu seems to be quite comfortable with expressing her love now too.

Don't only listen to a character's monologue or what their outward dialogue is as your point of reference for what their feelings are. Look at what they do, how they respond in difference scenes, and so on. Yagate Kimi ni Naru is most likely going to be as much a story about Yuu learning about her own feelings and how to accept and understand them, as it is about how the two get closer through their experiences.

Three episodes in and we have as many kisses as some shows manage over the course of several years and multiple seasons. That should say something about where the two stand.
Oct 19, 2018 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm, it was a pleasant episode, mainly focused on buildings Yuu/Touko's relationship and characters.
I enjoyed seeing Touko being more vulnerable, and quitting that "miss perfect" act of hers, I'm not sure I'd have put up with it for the all show. Also, she continues to be quite open about her feelings, trying to keep Yuu close, and showing her emotions every time they get some alone space. Her reaction when she gifted the present to Yuu was adorable.

On the other hand, not so sure what I got from Yuu this episode, she might have appeared to be warmer when comforting Touko, but it was a distant warmth, masked by a clear absence of feelings. She continues to be around Touko, but I think the reason is clearly selfish.

Overall, a good episode. Waiting to see further developments on Yuu's character.
Oct 19, 2018 9:29 AM
Sep 2018
LawLLawL said:
DumpsterKing said:

Don't only listen to a character's monologue or what their outward dialogue is as your point of reference for what their feelings are. Look at what they do, how they respond in difference scenes, and so on. Yagate Kimi ni Naru is most likely going to be as much a story about Yuu learning about her own feelings and how to accept and understand them, as it is about how the two get closer through their experiences.

Three episodes in and we have as many kisses as some shows manage over the course of several years and multiple seasons. That should say something about where the two stand.

Right now I feel she's at the stage where she wants to be in that special relationship and acts accordingly. She may develop feelings later but, right now, from what I can tell she doesn't have romantic feelings for Nanami; more 'I want to be in love' than 'I am in love'.

Nokkun said:
she might have appeared to be warmer when comforting Touko, but it was a distant warmth, masked by a clear absence of feelings. She continues to be around Touko, but I think the reason is clearly selfish.
might be a better way of putting it.

The anime seems to be leaning more towards Yuu having feelings than I can remember from the manga, however, so I can see where you're coming from. Particularly the scene where Yuu first meets Nanami, it seems to imply a 'love at first sight '.

Though maybe I missed something. I might have also misinterpreted Yuu: the VA gave the impression to me of a lover when she asked: "How much do you like me", when I read it as more curiosity.
DumpsterKingOct 19, 2018 9:36 AM
Oct 19, 2018 9:37 AM

Mar 2017
You got a deeper insight of Nanami's character this episode. Yuu's speech was good. She planned to join the student council then huh.
Oct 19, 2018 10:42 AM

Oct 2016
its been a while since we got a nice paced series.
also no irritation feelings that i usually get when watching cliche moments.

and i love the "glimpse of reality" shown during koito's family dinner. it was very short/subtle. the moment her father said he'd be terrified/shocked if yuu went les. it might seem like a light-hearted comedy factor, but the implications will be resurfaced later on. so yeah, this series isnt just about being les without public consequences. its nice to have a certain degree of realism right?
Oct 19, 2018 12:01 PM

Sep 2018
Is it just the version I'm watching or are there some major translation mistakes in the episode?
Oct 19, 2018 12:05 PM

Jul 2017
That was lovely.

This show is doing everything right so far, unlike what Citrus did in January.
Oct 19, 2018 12:15 PM

Oct 2017
Best episode so far. This is one of my favorites yuri manga and despite not liking the first episode these last two have been very good.

I hope this series will improve yuri's image because Citrus did nothing good...
Oct 19, 2018 12:22 PM
Sep 2018
giraffemangome said:
Is it just the version I'm watching or are there some major translation mistakes in the episode?
There's only one major mistake I noticed. When Yuu says 'This is a special side of senpai' when I'm pretty sure it should be 'So that's why senpai fell in love with me', unless I'm misremembering. Minor ones like 'like' instead of 'love' as well.
Oct 19, 2018 12:38 PM

Nov 2016
Beautiful episode. Being actually needed is something special in this relationship and what I've missed in other romances.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 19, 2018 12:40 PM
Mar 2015
An excellent job on the campaign It does a lot in explaining how Yuu decided to become part of the council after she saw the vulnerable side of senpai
Oct 19, 2018 1:29 PM

Sep 2018
DumpsterKing said:
giraffemangome said:
There's only one major mistake I noticed. When Yuu says 'This is a special side of senpai' when I'm pretty sure it should be 'So that's why senpai fell in love with me', unless I'm misremembering. Minor ones like 'like' instead of 'love' as well.

Some that I noticed:

1."Still, I'd think her sights would be set higher..." should be
"Even though she's usually so good with words..."

2."I need to stay who I am... someone special"
"I want to keep being my special self"

3."I'm the type who always tries to take charge of things, you know? But then later, I'm not so sure of myself...and that shows on your face, right? I get nervous and flushed..."
"You made me your campaign manager out of self-interest, but then get anxious yourself later on, and it shows on your face quite a bit, right? You get flushed so easily."

4."I said that so forcefully...Maybe we won't even have to do any campaigning..."
"I said that on impulse...There's no reason for me to announce it right here..."

5. The "special side of her" should be "Senpai's special", the line you mentioned seemed to be cut.
Edit: Nvm it's written in the scene, and yeah the translation is completely off. It should be "that's why it's me" not "and so...what am I?". Not sure how they even messed that up

Oh yeah and although not inherently wrong the final "I so like you" just feels a bit awkward, I feel like "I love you" would flow a lot better while not altering the context."
giraffemangomeOct 19, 2018 3:15 PM
Oct 19, 2018 2:27 PM

Feb 2018
damnit KISSU ALREADY
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2018 3:47 PM
Jan 2018
The innocence and emotional love in this show is great, far better than trashy citrus lol
Oct 19, 2018 3:52 PM
Aug 2016
giraffemangome said:
DumpsterKing said:

Some that I noticed:

3."I'm the type who always tries to take charge of things, you know? But then later, I'm not so sure of myself...and that shows on your face, right? I get nervous and flushed..."
"You made me your campaign manager out of self-interest, but then get anxious yourself later on, and it shows on your face quite a bit, right? You get flushed so easily."

4."I said that so forcefully...Maybe we won't even have to do any campaigning..."
"I said that on impulse...There's no reason for me to announce it right here..."

5. The "special side of her" should be "Senpai's special", the line you mentioned seemed to be cut.
Edit: Nvm it's written in the scene, and yeah the translation is completely off. It should be "that's why it's me" not "and so...what am I?". Not sure how they even messed that up

Oh yeah and although not inherently wrong the final "I so like you" just feels a bit awkward, I feel like "I love you" would flow a lot better while not altering the context."

Thanks! I guess more reason for people to read the manga too now.
Oct 19, 2018 4:02 PM

Apr 2015
Swagernator said:

Not going to happen.
Oct 19, 2018 4:29 PM

Mar 2016
This is so cute!! I am so grateful this exists.

Touko ended up in her crush's home. I can just imagine her fear. lol!

The older sister, so easily, asked if Yuu had a girlfriend. I already love her! The father, however, brought us back to reality. :(

When Touko and Yuu had a bonding moment before the speech, I loved that they didn't add Sayaka looking at them like a jealous love triangle. Instead, so far, she is quite the supportive friend.

The scene, where Touko said 'daisuki' to Yuu, and Seiji just stared at them in surprise was so adorable!! Someone should buy those three one gigantic teddy bear each.

Waiting for the next episode is going to be really difficult! I already miss this anime.
Oct 19, 2018 5:34 PM

Jul 2017
Fangirls go "kyah!" and fanboys go "ooooh~~"

3 episodes in and this Shoujo Ai series is a wonder, none of that trashy detriments that made Citrus.

Touko and Yuu pretty much still in exploration stages of their innocent love, and the relationship build-up is exactly what I have thought after all this while: No matter the facades they may have, they still make up for one another in their own strengths and weaknesses.

The love and embrace that Yuu was initially embarrassed in from Touko's advances, she takes it with the heart that accepts her wholeheartedly, and that is a mark of quality.

TROYCA, you have done justice.
Oct 19, 2018 5:45 PM

Oct 2015
The visual storytelling in this show is extremely impressive.

So far what really strikes me for Yagate is the fact that it started going down the path of generic Shoujo Ai "kira kira blush" "oh senpai ravish me but wait... no... we're both girls..." path and then eschewed that completely. So far it's avoided all the pitfalls of Bad Yuri Trash and that makes me very happy.

What's gotten me smitten with the show is definitely the visual direction, though. The awkward glances, the nervous clothes-fiddling, the friggin' close-up eyes... Yuu and Touko both have been pretty poor at communicating verbally about their feelings, but they are still able to convey them to each other and I think it's really nice.

The only other show Yagate's director Katou Makoto has done is that Sakurako show from about three years ago. I remember people liking that one a fair bit, and after this I might actually check it out.
Oct 19, 2018 5:52 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, this is shaping up to be really good and I honestly wasn't expecting this to be this good.

I loved Touko's reactions to first going to Koito's house by accident, though I bet she totally wanted to just walk with her longer, lucky her. xD

That scene where Touko's gives Koito the gift is so adorable. <3

I loved how they're showing how Touko is only able to break her mask in front of Koito, while that is lovely I kinda wonder how it is for Koito. Who does she get to break her mask in front of? I'm awaiting the moment she realizes she needs Touko as much Touko needs her.

The speech stuff was great, honest words from the heart always go far. :)
Oct 19, 2018 6:17 PM
Jun 2017
"Why does nanami- senpai like me?"... well i really like on how they are portraying the character of each side, as she is finding the reasons for why does she is being liked and while she is also having her own dilemna.

Lets see where this will go with..
Oct 19, 2018 8:59 PM

Jun 2014
Wow I just love the directing in this show, it's exactly what I wanted. Even the incorporation of first person camera is growing on me, it's such a beautifully directed show. One of the more interesting romance with a main character who has trouble finding love.

5/5
I'm looking forward to the rest, if it keeps going like this it's going to be one of my top shows of this season. So happy I decided to give it a shot after seeing the opening.
Oct 19, 2018 9:02 PM
Mar 2017
The development in the relationship between Yuu and Touko grows naturally
Apparently Touko was surprised to learn that the library she wanted to visit was from Yuu's family, Touko is very courteous and feminine, she knows how to hide that personality that only Yuu knows. The conversion of Yuu's family was what struck me, I felt very "real" especially when Yuu's dad mentions that he would be shocked if he knew that his daughter has a girlfriend.
The date of Yuu and her friends I liked a lot, it was a relaxing change of pace, it also gave her a new vision of what love is, through her friend who, despite being rejected, she was hopeful that something would happen in the future,
Touko is quite adorable when she is anxious, to see her indecisive in front of the library was fun and to see her all nervous to find an excuse to give the gift to Yuu, the best part was when Yuu asks Touko how much he loves her and she responds a lot with a beautiful smile ... my heart could not take it anymore, Thank you very much TROYCA for that beautiful moment.
The day of the speech was to my liking, because it presents a part of Touko very beautiful, she always shows confidence and determination, the perfect girl, but Yuu notes that Touko is nervous and she tells her senpai that she can trust she, Touko opens herself to Yuu, dropping her mask and telling her a little about her past and why she wants to be someone who inspires confidence and security in others, she wants to be special. Yuu's speech was very nice, because it shows the attention that Yuu put to her senpai, in addition to the last part of the speech, which is noticed that it was improvised by Yuu, there she announces that she will join the student council, the face of Touko's happiness had no price, maximum happiness.
In the end Touko wins the elections and now Yuu and Touko work together, but I got a bad feeling when Yuu says that there is something she should give up to be close to Touko, but what will she be giving up on?
Oct 19, 2018 9:06 PM

Jun 2014
giraffemangome said:
DumpsterKing said:

Some that I noticed:

Wow those are some major mistakes, damn. I hope next episodes will have better translation then, since I thought some part of the dialogue was just weird and hard to understand, I just thought it was me being dumb lol.
Thai777Oct 19, 2018 9:10 PM
Oct 19, 2018 10:36 PM

May 2017
Veromaye said:
Swagernator said:

Not going to happen.

Well that's gonna be a problem for me if she just realized she's asexual in the end, how is this even a yuri lol
Oct 19, 2018 11:25 PM
Sep 2018
Lairucrem said:
Veromaye said:

Not going to happen.

Well that's gonna be a problem for me if she just realized she's asexual in the end, how is this even a yuri lol

Swagernator was referring to the MC's friend.
Oct 19, 2018 11:45 PM

May 2017
DumpsterKing said:
Lairucrem said:

Well I'm pretty sure already do right? I mean come on she's in the student council, she couldn't be that dumb
Oct 20, 2018 1:27 AM
Sep 2018
Lairucrem said:
DumpsterKing said:

Well I'm pretty sure already do right? I mean come on she's in the student council, she couldn't be that dumb
i'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. Nobody, so far, is what I would define as gay: Nanami would be interested in Yuu whether she is girl or boy, Yuu doesn't understand her feelings and basketball girl is straight.
Oct 20, 2018 2:53 AM

Apr 2015
Lairucrem said:
Veromaye said:

Not going to happen.

Is not a Yuri, is a Shoujo-Ai.
And she's not asexual.
If you're talking about Yuu ( The MC ) then idk why you say Basket, she's not in the Basket team, if you talk about the tall girl, she is in the basket team, and she's not asexual nor gay.

Also Yuu is pretty much gay but that's not the point. She just doesn't know how to experience love.
Oct 20, 2018 3:42 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, an interesting episode. The first two episodes were decent but very boring.

The romance between Yuu and Touko have a good pacing. Also, I like the speech, Yuu is very nice.

Yuu's family is introduced.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 20, 2018 4:18 AM

Mar 2009
Best episode of the three so far. Quite wholesome.
Oct 20, 2018 4:18 AM

Oct 2018
This is the best thing since Aoi Hana! :) Why are so many of you mentioning Citrus? It is nothing like this. This is more realistic and sweet and not full of rape or fan service.

It is just sad that once this is over it will probably take long before we get something this nice again. Really liked the scene with the family. 5/5!
Oct 20, 2018 5:16 AM

Jul 2016
I love how this anime is not full of fanservice, I love how every character have something unique to them, I love that they made the relationship between character so normal, I love how they didn't make this over the top sexual just because it's yuri, I LOVE how they made this to be a normal and good romance anime just like the heterosexual couples kind of romance anime.

In short I love how they didn't treat this anime like half hentai just because it's yuri.

Conclusion: this is the real yuri I want to see more often than not
Oct 20, 2018 7:44 AM
Jan 2018
The homophobic parent jumped out.
Im surprised by how open Yuu´s sister is towards talking about Nanami like she was actually Yuu´s girlfriend, its going to be really interesting to see their real reactions once Yuu reciprocates Nanami´s feelings.
Oct 20, 2018 10:08 AM
Dec 2017
Something very amazing happened and I'm surprised that no one's talking about it. Yuu has a family! Like holy shit, that's amazing. Both her parents are alive and well, even her grandma!

And she's not an only child either, she has a cute older sister and their relationship is organic and not weird like most anime siblings. Yuu is definitely not the typical imouto-chan.

And they all live together in the same house at the same time! Like shit, I didn't know this was possible in anime.
Oct 20, 2018 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
This is starting to look like a realistic portrayal of a budding relationship. Kudos to the writers for skipping the usual tropes and b.s. Looking forward to how this story will progress.
MC is very relatable.
Oct 20, 2018 1:45 PM

May 2012
animejas said:
That was lovely.

This show is doing everything right so far, unlike what Citrus did in January.

Citrus is much more fun to watch that this.

Oct 20, 2018 1:52 PM
Feb 2012
I want a yuri series with grown women instead of fucking high school kids
Oct 20, 2018 3:03 PM

Oct 2018
ahneeme said:
I want a yuri series with grown women instead of fucking high school kids

It's perhaps not strictly a yuri series, but unless you have not already watched it, Kobayashi's maid dragon is very good.
Oct 20, 2018 3:56 PM
Feb 2012
Kawaritai said:
It's perhaps not strictly a yuri series, but unless you have not already watched it, Kobayashi's maid dragon is very good.

yes I have seen that, it's not really the "normal" type of thing that i'm seeking lol
but thanks
Oct 20, 2018 9:01 PM

Jul 2016
And that was another very good episode.

The way Yuu was comforting Touko felt kind of distant (for obvious reasons since Yuu still has no feelings for her) but it was nice to see she had the real intention to do so. And in the end, she came to the conclusion that she wants to be around her and in that way, understand her own feelings. I just love how this story is developing.

Also, I would like to mentions how good the visuals are in this show. Aside from the OP sequences, the way they use the camera angles and how they highlight the importance of backgrounds during conversations are just great. A real pleasure to the view, honestly.

P.S.: Touko looking for any reason to see Yuu more often was really cute. She could have waited to give her the present at school but she was just too eager to see her again >.<

Kawaritai said:
This is the best thing since Aoi Hana! :) Why are so many of you mentioning Citrus? It is nothing like this. This is more realistic and sweet and not full of rape or fan service.

It is just sad that once this is over it will probably take long before we get something this nice again. Really liked the scene with the family. 5/5!

Finally someone mention Aio Hana!! And yeah, it's kind of annoying to see so many people mentioning Citrus since it was more about fanservice than something else...
Oct 20, 2018 9:29 PM

Nov 2010
It will get better for some more time before it falls a bit and levels at a decent quality, at least that is what the story does in the manga as far as i read it.

I think people overestimate the fathers statement. For example I'm straight, but my father sometimes joked around that i might be gay because i didn't have a girlfriend and that would be a shock, but it was never meant that if i would swing that way he would not support me.
In addition i think in Japan it is even less a factor. They might not be as supportive of LGBT members in Japan, but they also seem to have less of a stake of any negativity around it (no religion etc.) and especially lesbians seem to be seen as quite the ok thing even though many people might underestimate it as 'a phase'.
I don't think her father would have any problems with Yuu coming out as gay, he probably just be surprised for a moment and come to terms with it pretty quick after that. Also the rest of the family (sister obviously, grandma and mother) seem to be pretty open and would bring him in line fast if that would be a problem which i don't think it is.
Also Yuu at the moment is neither gay nor straight, to be honest at the moment she is basically nothing and even if she discovers her feelings for someone it is probably just a question about the gender after the fact that she discovers feelings for someone so in usual terms we could call her a mix of asexual and bisexual.
Oct 20, 2018 9:38 PM

Apr 2015
Nanami's advances, so clumsy it translates clumsily in anime form.

Ah, the 'because you were the first who was xx to me' cliche. But more elaborate and well constructed.

Actually the dialogue between the two is a level below the girl on girl dialogue in, say, Euphonium, or GLT.
But still all around good.

YuuYuu's so perfect in this show.
Oct 21, 2018 1:10 AM

Feb 2014
Once again, I really enjoyed this episode. It might've been a month since Yuu and Touko first knew each other, but I think their friendship is progressing at a slow, but nice pace.

Yuu is still unsure of her feelings and it's obvious that she doesn't have any romantic feelings for Touko right now, but she enjoys her company and as shown with her chat with Touko before the election speeches, she helped her to stay calm and reassured her. Along with the impressive visuals and camera angles, the whole scene itself was really pleasant. =)

And thankfully, Touko succeeded in becoming the student council president, so well done to her.

I'm sure that Yuu will be able to experience what love is all about. It'll take time, but I'm sure she'll understand it soon enough. =)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Romances On A Similar Level To Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - May 2

10 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
May 4, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

112 by oDaw1 »»
May 3, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.