Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2018 10:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahhh, timeskip Shinpachi looks glorious! I love how he’s replicating Gintoki’s behavior from episode 3. But of course his badassary didn’t last for long, lol. Still getting trashed on, lol, and is even being treated as an alien. Even then though, Shinpachi still looks good. And what happened two years ago in the war, and how it concluded, still remains a mystery.

And we finally get to know whose hand that was at the end of the OP. Not Gin’s, but Shinpachi’s.

It seems like after the war, the Yorozuya split up and went different paths. Shinpachi was the only one who stayed. Kagura left to find inugami in other planets, so Sadaharu can be brought back. Seems like Gintoki needs to do something himself too, but that remains a mystery too. That face he makes though seemed both dead and alive ;_;

LMAO, Madao took all the credit for the war, and is now praised as a hero. Madao bloomed way too much!! Lol, Otae’s still the same, but, pregnant(?) and Kondo lives with them(?) and uh, is seems really ship-teasing. Otose looks a bit older, but Catherine is basically horrifying to look at. Lol, they’re talking about typical random pairings that happen at the end of most series. Lol, as if they’d get shipped to anyone (maybe Otose and Jirocho, idk). Let’s see if Gintama can avoid that “Final Fantasy”. No wait, it already started!! I get that Shinpachi’s been getting a lot of “from zero, to hero, to D A D D Y” jokes ever since his timeskip design happened, but he’s literally being called daddy in this series XD

And you’re telling me that Kondo getting married with a gorilla and Otae just got fat? Damn Sorachi be trolling again. Lol, as if virgin Shinpachi can have a child. He even admits it, lol. It seems like that child is another version of Tama. Seems like Gengai couldn’t fix Tama since he wasn’t made by him. Tamako runs on Tama’s program, but doesn’t have her memories. And it’s good to see Kintoki doing fine. Shinpachi’s now a babysitter, lol. Even the cops stop him since he looks like a pedo, lol. But that Gintoki flashback, "abayo" T_T

Ayy, we get timeskip Nobume though. Seems like she’s the director of the police at the moment, and Princess Soyo is still a sadist, lol. Hijikata was fired and Sougo commented seppuku, the fuck? And the ending though. ZURAMP JA NAI, KATSURA DAAAAAA!!!!

Rest of chapter 669 adapted, plus chapters 670-671. This is probably the episode this season that adapted the least amount of manga content, but it was dialogue-heavy stuff. Madao part and Zura part at the end killed me XD

GoldenDevilGamerSep 2, 2018 5:11 PM
Sep 2, 2018 10:12 AM
Nov 2013
So they're actually adapting the post skip content huh? And with good pacing? This should be interesting. I have no idea what they are gonna do. 20 something episodes? Both the anime and the manga right now, I am puzzled how things are gonna go with both the episode and chapter limits.
Sep 2, 2018 10:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
crystalblade13 said:
So they're actually adapting the post skip content huh? And with good pacing? This should be interesting. I have no idea what they are gonna do. 20 something episodes? Both the anime and the manga right now, I am puzzled how things are gonna go with both the episode and chapter limits.
Next will probably only adapt 3 chapters from the looks the preview.
Sep 2, 2018 12:07 PM
Nov 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
crystalblade13 said:

Hmmm, I see. Any guess on how they are gonna pull this off? The whole situation is so odd. I really hope for the best for the studio and the adaptation
Sep 2, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
This is fantastic, is so hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing throughout the episode. XD

Hahaha, Shinpachi's attempt at trying to be Gin-san failed miserably. xD

Holy shit! For a second there I thought Otae and Kondo were actually married until the true revelation by Shinpachi later. xD
MADAO!!! He's certainly making the most of things. XD
Otae's Frieza parody and the Final Fantasy bits were pure gold.

Gin-san saying he was disbanding Yorozuya made me so sad, especially that one scene where they put their hands together and then proceed to walk their separate ways and Gin-san turns and says "Later". It made me so emotional and for some reason made me feel so lonely. :(

Nobume is using her power well. <3
Soyo-hime's grown up to be a strong girl. :)

R.I.P Shinsengumi, you will me remembered.
Wait Sougo committed seppuku? What?

ZURA!!! Holy shit! That epic ending, ZURUMP JA NAI, KATSURA DAAA!! I couldn't stop laughing. Leave it to Zura to make the most fabulous of entries.
Zura for president! I'd vote. xD

How long is this season gonna be?
Sep 2, 2018 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was pure gold. Madao became a national hero while poor Shinpachi despite looking more badass is still being mistreated. Otae only got fat and Kondo had a political marriage with a gorilla. Frieza and Final Fantasy references had me rofl. Also, there is a virginity meter wtf lol Too many changes that's really hard to accept truth to be told. RIP Yorozuya and Shinsegumi. I'm sure Sougo didn't really commit seppuku. And Donald Zurump, the leader we need but we don't deserve. xD
MonkeyDHunterSep 2, 2018 12:34 PM
Sep 2, 2018 12:27 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
crystalblade13 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Hmmm, I see. Any guess on how they are gonna pull this off? The whole situation is so odd. I really hope for the best for the studio and the adaptation
Hard to say at this point. I'm almost certain they're gonna take a break after this cour since there's not enough production time to handle the adaptation of the most recent chapters. It's a matter of how Gintama can come back I guess :P
Sep 2, 2018 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
Zurump ja nai! Katsura da!

It's nice to see Gintama getting back at being Gintama again.
Sep 2, 2018 12:47 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This was the best episode I have watched in 2018. Fuck man, GOATama at its peak. Sad that the end is nigh.

Math_error/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 2, 2018 12:48 PM

Jan 2017
This episode gave me so much hope, it didn't feel rushed as I was afraid it would be, at this point I don't care how they do it the only thing I need is max 3 chapters per episode for this last part of the story. They can do the last movie, one more season, release it in ovas, whatever just to keep this kind of pacing.
Sep 2, 2018 12:55 PM

Nov 2016
Funniest episode since a good while.

Ginpachi fail, Madao, Frieza, Final Fantasy, Zurump, that shit was just too much gold xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 2, 2018 12:58 PM

Feb 2013
Wtf man, Shinpachi is suffering too much.
Lol, Donald Zuramp took over Edo!
Sep 2, 2018 1:32 PM

Jun 2014
Shinpachi looks cooler and more badass but in the end he's still the punching bag. Man, I almost believed Kondo finally got to be with Otae, but that was just a fakeout. Damn it, Gintama.

Madao taking credit for ending the war and the Donald Zuramp part at the end were fucking hilarious.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 2, 2018 2:18 PM
Mar 2018
This was a perfect start to the epilogue. I hope the pacing stays this way and we at least get another cour or more than 3-4 episodes to cover the last part of this arc perfectly.

Seeing the SKET Dance episode appear in the ED reminded me how I miss that show so much.
Sep 2, 2018 3:40 PM

Sep 2012
I hadn't laughed this hard in a long while.
Sep 2, 2018 3:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
MAKE EDO GREAT AGAIN
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 2, 2018 4:05 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
DatRandomDude said:
MAKE EDO GREAT AGAIN
"I would build a great wall around Edo, and I’ll have the Amanto pay for that wall."
Sep 2, 2018 4:34 PM

Mar 2008
finally a really good episode again. I enjoyed this a lot.
Sep 2, 2018 4:48 PM

Jul 2017
That was lovely. Well paced and it felt like Gintama was back to life, reviving its comedy and its references.
Sep 2, 2018 5:32 PM

Jul 2015
Trump became so popular he's being featured in more anime lmao
Sep 2, 2018 5:34 PM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
DatRandomDude said:
MAKE EDO GREAT AGAIN
"I would build a great wall around Edo, and I’ll have the Amanto pay for that wall."

To keep the illegal space aliens out too
Sep 2, 2018 6:04 PM
Sep 2017
I loved all the epicness of the Silver Soul arc - fighting Utsuro and all of the drama, feels, and bad-ass moments, but it was nice to be able to laugh at the silly side of Gintama again, too, in this ep. :)
That being said, though, I sure hope Gorilla-sensei gives our beloved characters a break, because it looks like several of them - especially the Shinsengumi - got royally screwed over in the last 2 years! Kondo married to that space gorilla? Toshi demoted and out who-knows-where? And Sougo told to commit seppuku? Geez! And ... and ... no mention of Yamazaki - he’s not REALLY dead, is he ??? ANPANNNNNNN!
As for Hasegawa - can’t really blame him for taking advantage of his celebrity status, but something tells me it probably won’t last, LOL.
Catherine must be like one of those pets who start to look like their owner, lmao - only she looks worse than Otose! Hahahaha
And Katsura - oh man - that was priceless.
Can’t wait to see what Gin has been up to the last 2 years!
Sep 2, 2018 6:06 PM

Jan 2013
LOL Zuramp making edo great again
Sep 2, 2018 6:58 PM

Nov 2015
Zurampu ja nai , Katsura da ! still liked how badass shinpachi was , and the best episode for now
Sep 2, 2018 8:32 PM

Mar 2013
crystalblade13 said:
If need be they will just do some meta stuff to fill the space, they did this a lot of times already
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Sep 2, 2018 8:34 PM

Mar 2013
I hadn't noticed how I missed the comedy centric eps before this one, SO GOOD I LOLED
ZURAMPU JA NAI KATSURA DA!!!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Sep 2, 2018 10:23 PM
Jun 2017
In the past 2 yrs post war SO MANY CHANGES happened, and well the focus of todays episode is Sinpachi who remained in Edo while Gintoki and kagura went on their separate lives to fulfill what they need to do thus disbanding the odd jobs.

And the politics in this one after 2 yrs have changed a lot, and now ZURUMP appeared!!! Hahaha...

Well im looking forward to next episode...
FouAlterSep 3, 2018 2:29 AM
Sep 3, 2018 1:52 AM

Dec 2015
That was more like it, back to good old Gintama haha!

"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 3, 2018 5:35 AM

Oct 2015
After so much seriousness, we are back to funny episodes. Shinpachi is trying to be a badass, and he turns out to be still almost the same, and is also having an existential crisis.
That Frieza part was so out of blue, I loved it. Just like the Donald Zurump part. What's next? Elizabeth turns out to be Hillary? Make Edo great again! I guess the deportation of the illegal aliens will start very very soon.

So, I thought we'd be able to tell how the remaining chapters will be handled. This ep had 2,5 chapters covered. The pacing seems perfect now. I guess it's gonna be another season, with a few fillers. Otherwise the last season will be really stretched out.
Sep 3, 2018 6:11 AM

Jul 2013
Ahh i missed this, Gintama doing what it does best!
Imagine books and music and movies being filtered and homogenized. Certified. Approved for consumption. People will be happy to give up most of their culture for the assurance that the tiny bit that comes through is safe and clean. White noise.

--Chuck Palahniuk

Sep 3, 2018 11:11 AM

Dec 2015
Lol wasn't expect to see Zurump soon, I don't know how many times I have rewatch this scene, it was so funny!!

set by taiyaki

Sep 3, 2018 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
''It's not Donald Zuramp, it's Katsura''. Laughed so hard. It's good to see old Katsura again. Now I wonder what the other characters are doing.
Sep 3, 2018 12:52 PM
Dec 2010
As much as I like storyline Gintama, nothing beats Gintama beats when they just throw out zinger after zinger. Haven't laughed this much at any show in a damn long him. I was laughing so hard at the Madao ad, the Kondo marriage reveal and Zuramp, I was having trouble breathing.
Sep 3, 2018 4:37 PM

Nov 2015
The comedy in this episode was 10/10. Loli police, Zuramp janai, katsura da, the wedding photos and more. Nearly teared up when the squad walked away from each other, going off to fulfil what ever goes they have. Preview has me hyped, i wonder where Gintoki is going? My guess is the grave where Otose met Gintoki. I would expect to see what the shisengumi is doing next ep.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Sep 3, 2018 6:37 PM

Nov 2013
LOOOOOL This is the Gintama I know and love !!
Final fantasy phenomenon and Donald Zuramp aka Trump LOL shots fired Zura.

I like how they gave Shinpachi curls like Gintoki

herricklukSep 3, 2018 6:50 PM
Sep 3, 2018 9:35 PM

Jul 2016
Back to old classic Gintama! ;)
Sep 3, 2018 10:45 PM

Nov 2011
For the moment I really thought that KondoxOtae became real, too bad lol ...
Donald Zuramp is really GOLD ! rotfl
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 4, 2018 4:59 AM
Mar 2018
They adapted the time skip. Looks like BNP is going to wrap up the anime alongside the manga!!!!!!
Sep 4, 2018 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
Classic Gintama humour is good to see after so much serious stuff.

Poor Shinpachi is still a virgin...

Donal Zurump is here LOL
Sep 6, 2018 10:35 PM

Apr 2015
what is the song in madao scene ??
Sep 6, 2018 11:37 PM

Sep 2015
LMAO those replies are so awesome. Finally a good episode of gintama.
Sep 7, 2018 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
Ah, comedy made a comeback in full force. I definitely made the most of the opportunity and had some excellent laughs. Zuramp's triumph was hilarious, as were Shinpachi's mishaps. Illegal loli possession...

Gintama's final fantasy is downright cruel, though. I initially though that a stroke of luck finally hit Kondou. Alas, that was not meant to be.
Sep 8, 2018 12:46 PM

Sep 2017
for 7 months i believed gintoki has died and it's the reason shinpachi's wearing his kimono. 7 long months. i'm so glad he lived .. i mean he still can die but damn i was depressed for 7 months for nothing..
damn i didn't even watched gintama this season cause i though he'll die and i'll be so depressed i won't be able to study XD

shinpachi's dope af too..can't wait to see kagura.
SalamakSep 8, 2018 12:53 PM
Sep 9, 2018 3:36 AM
Jul 2017
The Anime is catching up with the manga... I can't believe that we are near the final moments of Gintama. I began watching this when I was in highschool (didn't liked it that much back then) but 10 years later, I've decided to binge watch it and, I've fell in love with everything... the twist and turns, the lessons I have learned and the endless gag/parodies. God, I'll surely miss this when it ends. But only the Gorilla knows where this is going...

P. S. Edo is doomed with Donald Zurump
AhoNoJohnSep 9, 2018 3:40 AM
Sep 12, 2018 10:40 AM

Dec 2014
lol and here I thought Otae was pregnant or something… that two year gap.. makes you question a lot of things… ...and huh that gimmick about donald trump...ow far will this anime go..hahaha
Sep 14, 2018 10:41 PM
Sep 2018
THE return of the comedy after some hardcore fight against Utsuro. Well it's the start of Final Fantasy. What caught me was Tae Shimura becomes Freeza with her minions from DBZ dressed ala Cabaret, Shinpachi's daddy jokes, Shinsengumi disbanding and this:

ZURAMP JA NAI, KATSURA DA!!!

oh Katsura, you never change. 😂😂😂😂😂
Sep 29, 2018 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Otae and Gorilla
Madao
DONALD ZURAMP
lol
Oct 2, 2018 4:44 AM

Mar 2016
I almost thought "wow, Shinpachi is cool", but no, it's Gintama.
Oct 27, 2018 11:42 AM

May 2012
Things sure changed quite drastically to the original environment of slapstick Gintama... fun parts, but I do wonder what happens next!

Still glad and pretty much still the only reason I watch this is for the appearance of the epic voice of Wakamoto Norio!
Dec 21, 2018 3:33 PM

Mar 2016
This ep is just one GIANT comedy ep! Just like the old time!

I thought too quickly... Shinpachi is still the old human-wearing cherry boy he has always been! His plan to look cool backfired on him, lol!

MADAO, Man Against Dying Out LOOOOL!!! He's the hero of the war?! XD At least he finally manage to settle on a permanent job and got a completely different look on him besides his shades.

I was hoping that Otae X Kondo there was legit, even though I doubt it. But well well well, seems like Kondo the gorilla ended up marrying the same gorilla he was married to many many eps ago... (At least Shinpachi won't have to eat Otae's homemade dark matter again!)

Literally, the first thing I wanted to hear from Zura is the old catchphrase he used to say, and oooh how perfect it was to hear it at last!
DONALD ZURAMPU JANAI!!! KATSURA DA!!!
Zura could've dyed his hair yellow and get his skin tanned though
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Oct 7, 2018

143 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 19, 2018

100 by RahulSenpai »»
May 2, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

76 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 2, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

94 by MewkiWay »»
Jan 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 23, 2018

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.