Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The training on the island continues!

This felt like an endurance test tbh, to see how well people can survive together. Plus, there's environmental hazards like bad weather so it really tests them under extreme conditions. Loved the way the music was used.

I also kinda like how Hisone is growing up as a more confident person with each passing episode.
May 17, 2018 8:39 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was fucking beautiful.

I cried.
May 18, 2018 12:27 PM

Nov 2007
Absolutely loved this episode. Especially how things unfolded between Hoshino and Nooma. The dragons perhaps do pick D-pilots based on their own personalities.

Loved the naming sense of Hoshino as well. F-2 > Efu tsuu> Futsuu > Normal > Nooma(ru) :P

Also, the girls have gotten closer which is a big plus! Not much Nao in the last two episodes but it's alright. Also, gotta mention that Hitomi is a really sweet girl. <3

Next episode title is Koisuru Ookoku (Kingdom of Love). Does this mean it will have romance between Hisone and Okonogi (based on the end sketch)? I dunno how I should feel about it but he had been getting a lot of screen time throughout the anime. I just hope it doesn't change the current dynamic of the anime much because I am loving it the way it is!

Anyways, I am glad that I am following this anime!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 19, 2018 8:02 AM

Apr 2016
Subs are finally out!
May 19, 2018 8:27 AM

Nov 2016
NormaKen-san you're the best. Such a touching episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 8:57 AM

Jun 2015
Geez, Hoshino was extra annoying in this episode, but at least she came back around at the end. Ken-san is the best dragon. The other dragons are getting along nicely and now so are the pilots.
May 19, 2018 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode. I'm glad Hoshino finally decided to see Norma for who he is.

The part where Lilikos says she's returning to her place by the sea cracked me up. I found the entire scene with the so called death of the doll Nao-san hilarious. XD

Ken-san certainly is a man among man, he tried so hard for Hoshino. T.T
Ken-san naming into Norma was pretty funny. xD

I loved the shot of the girls walking back after landing at the base, so good.

Looks like the old lady does have some sort of significance.
Can't wait for next week.
May 19, 2018 9:14 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus damn, this was great.

I like Hoshino even more now, and Norma is THE man amongst the dragons.

Also im calling it now that old lady, who always sells those drinks ? Is the lady from that dream.
May 19, 2018 9:47 AM

Jul 2017
Fantastic episode. Bloody amazing character growth and chemistry development with the OTF pilots.

Hisone is so fucking adorable and I'm glad Hoshino finally sees Norma as a dragon :)
May 19, 2018 11:17 AM

Apr 2016
Need to spread the word of this masterclass of a show. Another 5/5 episode.
May 19, 2018 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
Hoshino-san: *is being a bitch towards Norma and going on a big rant about how he means nothing to her and wants to be a real pilot*
Norma: Fine bitch I'll just die lmao

I guess Hoshino-san was just the only pilot who wasn't into vore. I'm glad she came to her senses and became just as kinky as the rest of them.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 19, 2018 12:12 PM
Oct 2017
"I'am gonna dump my dream because someone decide that i should pilot and take care of a dragon , and it's my fault if he isn't happy, even if i shouldn't be here in the first place" I still don't understand why she is a Dragon pilot and not a F-2 pilot. I guess it's because she has no choice ? But that be nice to see who has decide that so i can put the blame on him (or her but Hoshino speech makes me thinks that it's most likely a "him").
May 19, 2018 12:19 PM
Jan 2016
RIP Nao-san.

Well, I won't have to watch Hoshino be a cunt anymore. Her cuntiness even brought the comedy of the show down for a couple of episodes.

And who is this man among men, named Ken-san? I must know.
May 19, 2018 12:23 PM
Nov 2016
So Hoshino finally came around..... Yaaay.
May 19, 2018 2:20 PM

Mar 2016
Sad that Hoshino isn't going to be stubborn anymore. This episode was directed very nicely however.
May 19, 2018 2:33 PM

Feb 2017
Any bets on whether the Joie Obaa-san was the WWII D-pilot? (flying the Ki-46 III disguised OTF)
Atomsk102May 19, 2018 2:51 PM
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
May 19, 2018 3:30 PM

Oct 2015
That was quite an episode preview o.o
May 19, 2018 3:56 PM

Sep 2015
Ririko is really charming with her hair loose.
May 19, 2018 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
Nao head NOOOOO!!! Why, why it had to be her D,;

OT: So we got to know more about why Eri acts this way wich i tougth was quite interesting. She pretty much worked her whole life to try achieve her dream of being a pilot, but later realized that such dream is not like what she pictured to be. She enjoyed riding the dragon but she felt conflicted because she saw her job as more so of a caregiver rather then a pilot itself.
The scene with her touching Nooma and setting him free was powerful, i liked it quite a bit.
removed-userMay 20, 2018 4:15 PM
May 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Jul 2015
Norma... I like that name. And with that, the island arc has come to an end, and boy was it a nice arc. So much fun, lots of bonding, and quite some hardship, be seeing the girls grow closer to each other and their dragons was worth the time it took.

It is unfortunate that we lost Nao in the process of it all though, may she rest in peace.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was amazing! The interactions between pilots and dragons are so cute, glad that Hoshino recognized Ken-san as a dragon.
The 4 girls sharing the same dream tho. Who was that lady?
May 19, 2018 10:38 PM

May 2015
WE ARE NOT PULLING A CAST AWAY HERE!!!

So it wasn't Hoshino's choice to pilot F-2...well I can understand that now. And F-2 stayed in Plane form because that is what Hoshino wanted. Well that's dragon loyalty for you. But Norma? Maybe Hoshino was expecting her dragon to use mana, but it doesn't so it's just a normal dragon... But now that Hoshino's issues have been resolved, we can now see all four of them fly together. JETS!

From this point onward, we're going to delve into this "ritual" as well as the mystery with that old lady. There is one more thing I'm waiting for though. When is Nao getting her OTF? We have a radar jet, a transport plane, and two fighters...Aha! They need a bomber! It better be red too!
TarotistMay 19, 2018 10:42 PM
May 19, 2018 10:41 PM

Mar 2010
I love that show SO much, but there are so many inconsistencies lol.

Norma broke his armor near the end but then at the very end he transforms into full armor plane again??? Lol
May 20, 2018 12:00 AM

Mar 2016
alright this overseer guy is giving me SEELE vibes and im not sure how to feel about that

but this episode was incredible nonetheless! Gahh those 20 minutes pass by so fast

5/5 again
May 20, 2018 12:16 AM

Apr 2016
I read the preview for the next episode. It seems the main plot kicks off. I remember someone saying that they hope that their isn't any romance between Hisone and Okonogi. Yeah if your one of those people, your not gonna like the premise of the next episode. Apparently, it ties into the main "Ritual". I have faith in the show though. Been amazing so far.
May 20, 2018 6:51 AM

Sep 2017
Really touching episode. Ken-san is the best boy. I kinda hope this is more than 12 episodes, but if all they are gonna do is this ritual thing then I can see it being wrapped up nicely in 12. Also, lmao at that episode preview.
May 20, 2018 8:18 AM

Feb 2016
Amazing episode! we finally got background for Hoshino as Ken-san's true name

Waaak, Thunderstruck :O, The announcement of the death of Nao-san's Head

Don't you think that Hisone Forgot something really important?

hahaha xD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 20, 2018 9:08 AM

Sep 2011
This one is becoming a pretty charming tale. I like Ririko, she reminds me of Ichimatsu.

It also got pretty sad back there, I can't believe we had something like this so soon:

Rest in peace Nao-san.

That struggle for the kiwi flavor though. lol
May 20, 2018 10:13 AM

Oct 2016
WILSON!!!
Farewell Nao-chan's head, you'll be missed.

Quite a pleasant episode. Hoshino is been too stuck-upped to her dream that she doesn't see a much better and much precious one under her nose.
May 20, 2018 2:34 PM

Nov 2011
Dude Farewell Nao-san head LULZ!

Dude average episode but next week

Hisone x Haruto ship sailing?!?!?!

Also I am glad they brought up that old woman being important to this series!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 20, 2018 5:07 PM
Mar 2018
inisipis said:
WILSON!!!
Farewell Nao-chan's head, you'll be missed.

Quite a pleasant episode. Hoshino is been too stuck-upped to her dream that she doesn't see a much better and much precious one under her nose.
Ha Ha, I was gonna ask if this was supposed to be a Castaway reference.
May 20, 2018 7:49 PM

Jun 2013
WILSOOOOOON!!!!

Can't believe there aren't more Wilson comments. Nao-san sounds suspiciously similar, lol.
May 20, 2018 11:18 PM
Sep 2017
Pretty decent episode.. I like the way that hishino and her dragon ken/Norma bonded on this episode.

May 21, 2018 1:01 AM

Oct 2008
Hoshino finally patched-up with Ken-san, i mean Norma!
lol at the licking fetish of Hisone!
LOL the dakimakura severed head oif Nao-san went adrift!
So the 4 girls and their OTF accomplished their mission! nice!
SO that gramdma who sells kiwi yakult juice is a special person!?!?
5/5.

May 21, 2018 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
That preview is just about the least romantic thing ive ever heard. I dont think it necessarrilly means the show would pull the romance card with baby face cause it could just be referring to the otf's but we'll see. Id prefer the former or just both.

edit: ok never mind i read the next episode synopsis, yeah its romance with baby face. Sounds kind of forced, like literally in universe for the ritual or something so i hope it doesnt cause any unneeded drama especially cause ive thought their relationship was very comfy up to this point.
JizzyHitlerMay 22, 2018 7:36 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 21, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2017
What's the episode count for this, are we getting 12, 13 or 24? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.
May 21, 2018 10:24 AM

Nov 2007
Just coming back from watching Asenshi fansubs just now. Anyone has any reference to Joie Lady?

When I saw the episode raw I thought I heard Jōobāsan (Jōi + obāsan) which would mean the Granny of the Rebellion (marking the time of imperialism during the WWII).
Coronavirus.
May 21, 2018 10:33 AM
Navel-Gazer

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
Just coming back from watching Asenshi fansubs just now. Anyone has any reference to Joie Lady?

When I saw the episode raw I thought I heard Jōobāsan (Jōi + obāsan) which would mean the Granny of the Rebellion (marking the time of imperialism during the WWII).

If you're right, that would be one hell of a pun, but the "surface meaning" here is simply that she's the one who randomly hands out those Joie/Joa drinks. This anime is just ridiculous enough for this theory to be potentially true, though.
"I stocked this for our last meal. So let's enjoy white rice tonight. But not all of it. We still have tomorrow and the day after that." ~Houjou San

"Anywhere can be paradise, as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy." ~Ikari Yui

"Life is suffering and pain. The world is cursed, its people are cursed, and yet we still wish to live." ~Osa
May 21, 2018 10:47 AM

Nov 2007
Anutos said:
shanimebib said:

If you're right, that would be one hell of a pun, but the "surface meaning" here is simply that she's the one who randomly hands out those Joie/Joa drinks. This anime is just ridiculous enough for this theory to be potentially true, though.

OMG! I just noticed it says ジョア (JOA) on it!

Now it might be meant as a pun after all.
Coronavirus.
May 21, 2018 11:51 AM

Mar 2009
Wait. I thought they couldn't fly back? And wasn't there a no-fly zone?
May 21, 2018 12:03 PM
Navel-Gazer

Jun 2015
Mormegil said:

They only couldn't fly back because the OTFs didn't want to, though we don't know the exact reason for that at the moment. The no-fly zone part is a bit weird, but I think it was meant as "no one else is going to fly over here and save you, you'll have to do it yourselves".
"I stocked this for our last meal. So let's enjoy white rice tonight. But not all of it. We still have tomorrow and the day after that." ~Houjou San

"Anywhere can be paradise, as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy." ~Ikari Yui

"Life is suffering and pain. The world is cursed, its people are cursed, and yet we still wish to live." ~Osa
May 21, 2018 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Brandon2149 said:
What's the episode count for this, are we getting 12, 13 or 24? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.
sadly seems pretty rock solid for 12, believe its listed as only 12 on the TV channel's website or something of the sort.

I kind of don't see how it'd be more than 12 episodes by this point, it does seem pretty much like its building up to this ritual type deal which i doubt they could drag out that long. Personally id love 24 episodes of these character antics especially of how much the series feels like the modern day patlabor in tone and comedic stlyle, but ehh lets hope it can actually pull off these next 6 episodes first before getting too into it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 21, 2018 4:00 PM

Mar 2009
Anutos said:
Mormegil said:

They only couldn't fly back because the OTFs didn't want to, though we don't know the exact reason for that at the moment. The no-fly zone part is a bit weird, but I think it was meant as "no one else is going to fly over here and save you, you'll have to do it yourselves".

Thanks. That makes sense now.
May 22, 2018 1:48 AM

Apr 2016
I love this anime so much. This episode was the best.
[
May 22, 2018 2:28 AM
Jul 2011
@matias067
Yakult is not a juice. The word is japnaised pronunciation of Yogurt - a probiotic dairy product. Yakult is locally produced in Japan variety of it.
It's beneficial for the maintenance of the gut flora and the immune system. I guess healthy for the girls and indirectly for the dragons.
This kinds product are often sweetened and flavored with fruits but are mainly fermented (and then pasteurized to prevent the pathogens) milk.
May 24, 2018 3:21 AM

Mar 2008
Brandon2149 said:

Anutos said:
They only couldn't fly back because the OTFs didn't want to, though we don't know the exact reason for that at the moment.

They were having fun on vacation at the beach.

Anutos said:
Mormegil said:
wasn't there a no-fly zone?
The no-fly zone part is a bit weird, but I think it was meant as "no one else is going to fly over here and save you, you'll have to do it yourselves".

Yes, they meant no-fly zone as in no random passenger planes are going to fly overhead and see an SOS call or something.

matias067 said:
kiwi yakult juice
megaload said:
Yakult is not a juice. The word is japnaised pronunciation of Yogurt.

Not quite. The Japanese phonetic pronunciation of "yogurt" is ヨーグルト yо̄guruto, which is its own product (just regular yogurt…) Obviously they share a root, though. (According to Wikipedia: Official claims state that the name is derived from jahurto, an Esperanto word for "yogurt".)

Yakult is pretty similar to kefir.
May 24, 2018 5:06 AM

Mar 2008
Made an English translation/version of the Episode 6 retrospective illustration:

Original Japanese version from the Twitter and website: https://twitter.com/hisomaso_anime/status/999092552832897024
May 24, 2018 1:46 PM
Mar 2018
Great episode.

But what was that dream about? It was kind-of out of place and did everyone have it in unison?
May 27, 2018 9:06 AM

May 2018
matias067 said:
kiwi yakult juice
megaload said:
Yakult is not a juice. The word is japnaised pronunciation of Yogurt.

Not quite. The Japanese phonetic pronunciation of "yogurt" is ヨーグルト yо̄guruto, which is its own product (just regular yogurt…) Obviously they share a root, though. (According to Wikipedia: Official claims state that the name is derived from jahurto, an Esperanto word for "yogurt".)

Yakult is pretty similar to kefir.[/quote]
Well ayran is really close to kefir and ayran is made from yogurt.
All those are similar dairy products and may be yakult is a bit different type but definitely not a juice so ease a bit your "Not quite.".
Sep 26, 2018 6:27 PM

May 2012
Really lovely character development, I like it more and more and certainly looking forwards to see what's next!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

5 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 15, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2018

90 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 2, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

10 by Fuwa_san »»
Jan 8, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

30 by hikari_kuroo »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

30 by L01MK »»
Jun 29, 2023 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.