Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 6, 2018 7:21 PM

Mar 2013
Hina could've given Anzu the money straight away, would probably have been more than she got from selling the one she just bought
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 7, 2018 12:39 AM

Apr 2015
Anzu's a bit painful to watch sometimes. She's too unrealistic to be a serious caricature, but too, well, serious to be a fun watch. Guess honesty, earnestness is all good, but if it's honesty, earnestness and complete stupidity it's not that enjoyable.

+I'm a misunderstanding plot hater. Off goes the second half.
May 7, 2018 12:55 AM

Dec 2016
The fucking faces in this show lmaoooooooooooooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 7, 2018 1:58 AM
Mar 2018
Nick4x said:
This series is half "Poor Anzu! I want to hold her and give her money!" and the second half is Hitomi being Hitomi.

If I'm going to nitpick anything for this episode in particular, it would be that despite two character having amazing super powers, they don't use them at all this episode. Hina only used her powers minimally last episode, too. I guess I'm mainly wondering why they gave these girls powers if they don't plan on utilizing them (for comedy). This series would be just as good without the powers in terms of writing and animation, but since I know they have them, I want to see them being used, especially after that whole "I have to use my powers a lot of I set off an explosion" scene from the first episode.

Again, I'm nitpicking. This episode was really good, and I hope the next can match it, if not surpass it.

if there's no power there's no

May 7, 2018 4:46 AM

Jan 2013
Why is this anime so good
May 7, 2018 7:04 AM
Mar 2014
They aren't used much since a lot of the side story stuff is getting skipped due to run time.

If they had 24 episodes to really take their time and do it proper, we'd have seen a lot of esper hijinks so far. At least from Hina.

Anzu's inferiority complex caused her pretty much stop using her powers except as an absolute last resort once she started to take pride in the stuff she's accomplished without it.

Though they could've shown them loading the tvs with the power like they did in the manga (they could've cut the first Hina covered in ants scene to squeeze it in (the 2nd one doesn't really need the first to be funny), even if they could only show the tail end of it with them dropping in the last tv with power).

----------------------------------------------------------

As for the episode as a whole.

Part 2 was great.

Part 1 is probably my least liked chapter in all of Hinamatsuri. But it does have some important character development in it.

But the episode itself actually skipped the development payoff of it all. Which is odd to even include it in that case since all we ended up getting out of it was the three girls knowing that they know each other.

Though I've long ago accepted that the episode count would be a problem, though I have been overall pleased thus far about how they've handled things, since they've been keeping it focused on plot/character development chapters, which is where the core draw of Hinamatsuri is.

Though not having some of the side stories can make the series come off a bit more heavy than it means to.

As much as I'd have preferred not spoiling the time-skip (especially since it's not even remotely relevant to this season), a lot of people have said that that was the moment that grabbed them the most and convinced them to give it a try, so at least in that i suppose they made the right call.
ZanathKariashiMay 7, 2018 7:08 AM
May 7, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2008
The scavenger hunt for TV sets made me double facepalm. Then again, it was an average day in Hina's life.

In Hitomi's case, I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Actually, who am I kidding, I laughed my ass of after seeing her misfortunes. I could not contain myself as everyone in the bar started clapping after Hitomi's confession.

Yet Hina remained clueless till the very end...
May 7, 2018 8:14 AM
Aug 2015
Sury said:
Anyone else heared the "Stairway to Heaven" ripoff play in the background at the bar?
lol I agree with you, that was awesome.
May 7, 2018 9:36 AM

Mar 2018
-Stray said:
1st part was more on the adorable side while 2nd half was full powered comedy.
Hina with that
"nani kore, nee, nani kore?"

Oh man, this show is a comedy gold mine. "What is happening? Seriously, what is even happening?" Hahahahh Sorry guys I understand the Hitomi love (I really do), but Hina is going to remain my best girl :D I just love how Nitta and the television guy could not figure out what the heck she was thinking ;-) to quote Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, "Oh, he's probably not thinking anything" haha

Also love the parts were the boys were limited by their imagination... hehe
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
May 8, 2018 3:13 PM
Jun 2011
Guys, we know from a few episodes ago that that teacher definitely knows it's Hitomi. He was just trying to save her from her classmates, not realizing he was too late.
May 8, 2018 6:55 PM
Oct 2016
ipwnallnubz said:
Guys, we know from a few episodes ago that that teacher definitely knows it's Hitomi. He was just trying to save her from her classmates, not realizing he was too late.

the teacher really didnt know. he is really convinced by "there's no way a middle schooler could made this perfect drink" thing
May 8, 2018 7:33 PM

Oct 2008
Another very good hilarious episode!
Anzu is so precious!
good thing she has Hitomi as her friend! Hina is so useless!
2nd part was Hina was cornered by her classmates! and found out about her part time work! While Hina doesn't understand what the heck was happening! lolz!
5/5!

May 8, 2018 7:48 PM
Mar 2014
He knows, but denies the reality of it since he'll have to take responsibility for it if he acknowledges it.

he did the same thing during the Hostage arc the anime skipped as well as when Hina comes to discuss some business with Hitomi and was having a cocktail in the bar and he's got one hand up blocking his sight of it and trying to ignore it.
May 8, 2018 8:11 PM

Mar 2016
I've seen this episode more than 5 times and cannot get tired of the jokes, I still laugh as much as the first time I saw it. Also props to feel studio for the effort in the minor details, like the jackets sleeves of Hina's classmates in the 'rooftop exit door meeting' scene.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 9, 2018 4:22 PM
Mar 2012
The hand gesture animation's so good on those two 'inspectors'. So many hilarious skits strung together well.
TV part some some lol nonsense dialogue like from kids. Hitomi's like the mc now.

May 10, 2018 6:31 AM

Dec 2016
OMG Hilarious episode as always! Hitomi is a fvcking hidden gem in this show couldn't stop laughing send help
May 12, 2018 7:00 AM

Jun 2013
One of the funnest and funniest episodes yet. I enjoyed both parts. The beginning focused on best girl, Anzu and her quest to sell TV sets to buy games. Hina should ask Nitta to buy her a game or Hina should start learning how to SHARE with others. She can start by sharing with Anzu. Anzu is so pure but Hina's a brat.

This show is all about misunderstandings then again, a lot of Anime and non-Anime series and movies are all about misunderstandings. This is especially true in the second half.

I love how the boys in Hitomi's class assume she's either in an illicit affair with their teacher or prostituting herself then don't really care that she's a middle school bartender. I actually liked how clueless Hina was in the second part, it made her somewhat charming.

The second part was my favorite in this episode.
臭い-
May 12, 2018 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasant as usual the episode. Poor Hitomi, is always cheated by everyone, it makes me almost sorry, but Hina despite doing almost nothing, his presence is always fundamental. Anzu depending on the situation makes you laugh or cry of heart, I love her! Finally, Sayo and the two boys entered the cast, who knows what the red-haired girl looks like.
May 12, 2018 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
This whole episode fell flat for me personally, all the 'funny' was just to 'stupid' and ended up into facepalm fail territory.
May 12, 2018 1:02 PM
Nov 2010
Why does the art style remind me of prison school?

Hitomis falling asleep standing. And her shock face was soooo good.

One of the funniest episodes.

Actually one of the funniest anime that I've seen in a while.
May 12, 2018 8:12 PM

Aug 2015
Hitomi faces are solid gold. No bulli Hitomi!
May 13, 2018 3:27 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was hilarious, the fbest yet imo. Hitomi facing trouble due to her bad luck is always funny. On a side note, jesus christ can't someone just give Anzu a home
May 14, 2018 8:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I don´t understand why the anime has how title Himatsuri?! Because for me, the principal character is Aizawa and in this episode, in both shorts was the principal, and in the second short, with her classmates that thought that she had a romance with the teacher was hilarious!!!
May 15, 2018 3:03 AM

Dec 2012
Nani? - Hina

She has no idea what's going on LMAOOOO

May 15, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
The girls did everything to help Anzu to get more money...Hina even got a new TV haha
Teacher is stupid! hahha
May 18, 2018 3:01 PM

Feb 2015
I can't believe how freaking good this anime is. I've had to move it up to a 10/10 for now. It's just... marvellous. How it introduces new fun characters while seamlessly keeping the main ones relevant and entertaining. And Hitomi is such a well-written character it's so impressive. The comedy is really brilliant - I laughed out loud several times. The brilliant character animation is a big part of this. The subtly CG-aided movement has been used to great effect - it makes everything really smooth but still feel in-place. The facial expressions are just excellent. All I can do is sing this anime's praises, I hope it keeps up at this quality!
May 19, 2018 2:41 AM

Mar 2009
Wow. This show is fucking funny.
May 25, 2018 12:04 AM

Nov 2017
The teacher is one genius! Hitomi being discovered at the bar was freaking hilarious, and the scene when the teacher walks in, so stupid!
May 25, 2018 12:04 AM

Dec 2017
Best episode yet, full of suspense and comedy! Loving this show even more
May 26, 2018 4:26 PM
Sep 2017
Wow, the best episode so far! This anime just keeps making me die laughing!! Can't wait for the rest!!
Aug 8, 2018 11:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn great episode once again, that ending was really something! Mishima is great though, such a great friend for everyone. The part with the TV's was just plain retarded yet way too sad and hilarious!

Looking really forwards to the next episode.
Aug 9, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2015
Hitomi is life, Hitomi is love :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 12, 2018 11:14 AM

Dec 2015
Hitomi's cover is blown lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 7, 2018 4:51 AM

May 2016
Anzu's perception of earth technology was questionable at best because spending all day looking for a flatscreen TV in the grass was a rather unusual way to pass the time. It's a bit reasonable for her because of the analog TVs she found under the bridge though. It's a bit counterintuitive to sell two perfectly fine TVs for money to spend on games but I suppose that she couldn't use them because she doesn't have electricity at her place. I hope she didn't buy a console because that'd be the cherry on top lmao

All those assumptions by the boys that implied that Hitomi was some kind of hooker for the teacher and Nitta was hilarious. She might've got caught by them but Aizawa made her proud of her double life as a bartender and made her stop being in denial even if the method was pretty sadistic. Her nervous gestures and speech habits was really adorable too ♥

Nov 30, 2018 3:53 PM
Nov 2018
This was another good episode, this is getting boring with how good it is. It's too great to see Anzu happy just for things that seem like nothing.
Jan 7, 2019 12:22 AM

Jul 2015
I am starting to like this anime. Hitomi was mvp this episode, her facial expressions are always on point!
Jan 23, 2019 11:03 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Hitomi is too good for everyone, I love her so dearly.

Hina being complete dumbass in the second half, I swearrrrr.

The classmates were great and I agree with Aizawa; she's too cute and I'd tease her the same.
Apr 11, 2019 11:06 AM
Dec 2014
This is near to Gintama level of hilariousness I wonder if Hinamatsuri was influenced by it.
Apr 13, 2019 10:52 AM

Oct 2015
Those guys were having way too much fun playing detective haha. Hitomi's face when she was caught was priceless. Anzu's looking for TV's in grass lol, a nice detail since she has very limited knowledge about the world.
May 10, 2019 6:29 PM

Sep 2017
Definitely some Gintama quality facial expressions here. Top notch. Aizawa's reaction's to Hitomi... circumstances were fantastic. The highlight of the episode was definitely Hina buying a TV to sell immediately afterwards.
May 18, 2019 10:50 PM

Feb 2018
This episode so funny Lol. R.I.P Hutomo xD.
Jun 10, 2019 9:39 PM

Oct 2012
I still feel really bad for Anzu, I hope she could have job that'll pay better

My expression is just like Hina "何?"

Kids, it's not good to call your teacher idiot :P
Pretty sure he knows about her being bartender and all, but it could jeopardize his standing.. so he ignored it xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 26, 2019 4:12 AM

Dec 2013
Hahaha. I appreciate that Hina and Hitomi would like to help Anzu but damn, lol. Anzu experience the hardship of being an adult and needing money.

The second half was so damn funny. HITOMI'S reaction were so priceless and Hina's "Nani?" makes it more funny. Aizawa girl is cunning tho lol

And what's up with this lmao

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 10, 2019 12:05 AM

Sep 2012
class rep is juts a tease 😂😂😂😂😂😂

how did som1 this stuppid became a teacher

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Aug 14, 2019 3:33 AM

Mar 2015
Hitomi is the best lmaooooo
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 16, 2019 12:52 AM
Jun 2019
I can kind of understand the teacher now.

Yesterday I met my nephew on the street near my home. I didn't even know she lives in my city. I was like "Hey she looks like my nephew", then as she passed me she said "Hi" and but then just moved on. I was like "Wait a second, was that really her?" but the more I thought about it, the more I concluded that it can't be her because I wouldn't randomly meet her near my home.

Later I learned from my mother that she actually moved to place nearby!

So I guess if something is too unlikely to be true, you wouldn't even recognize a person close to you.
Dec 3, 2019 4:01 AM

May 2017
From 7 to 8/10 cause of hitomi , this character a real troll, this last "idol" part was realy funny XD
I hope this anime will be renamed hitomimatsuri lol
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 18, 2020 4:11 AM

Jul 2020
That part about TV was so hilarious.
Nov 4, 2020 1:24 PM

May 2018
Poor Hitomi! Even her eyes were not aligned lol
Nov 12, 2020 8:27 AM

Jun 2020
Oh i see, nice to meet you Rin. I'll probably check the new Higurashi once it's done airing , thanks! About Ajin and Mob psycho , Mob psycho is one I'd recommend more, the first season gives a great amount of Comedy , not too mention the likeable characters , and if you liked and Finished season one then Season two will amaze you, i prefer the second season rather than the first , both are still Worth watching though. The Seiyuus do a good job , art you may or may not like though. Animation however is *chef's kiss*.

Ajin is pretty entertaining , it had plot holes and sometimes felt slow but the action and the fight scenes are Good for a cgi anime, It also has an interesting concept and story. Season 2 , well it's good , it's not season one but it gives a nice conclusion and nice fight scenes too.

Well that's all i can say for now , it's late in my country as of now so Chat tomorrow, message you next time and look forward to chatting again Rin. Stay safe:)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
Apr 23, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.