Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 2018 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Two episodes aired today, back to back. I'm starting to get used to the theme of this show now...

It feels like the show has a diverse character cast with different personalities. I think one other character that stands out a lot is Symboli Rudolf. A really calm character. There's still a lot of running in this series even when the characters are off of the track field. Heh, I guess they're really trying to amplify the horse girls' concept.

Oh and I think Suzuka and Special Week are going to be good friends. They seem to get along well so far. Special Week is showing improvement already in her running.
Stark700Apr 1, 2018 8:51 AM
Apr 1, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2010
Funny race and they even screwed up more than the during the first episode seeing Specialwake didn't know a thing about how the act in front of the crow.
It was nice to watch tho.

Well i guess the next episode should be interesting.
Apr 1, 2018 10:36 AM

Apr 2008
Not sure if I'm going to stick with this one, there are too many shows this season and this one is meh so far. Props to the music at least, it's really catchy.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Apr 1, 2018 10:55 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

I

AM

ALREADY

IN

LOVE

keep bringing on the all female sports anime.. 2018 lookin like the year for that<3
EcchiGodMamsterApr 1, 2018 10:59 AM
Apr 1, 2018 11:10 AM

Apr 2016
Of course they are roommates.

And as this is anime about horse racing (basically) of course there will be manipulation of races ... as it was briefly seen, with the conversation of that perv trener and that hot trener.
Apr 1, 2018 11:15 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The first episode didn't really hook me on the series, very gimmicky and so many character introductions. But when it focuses on the sport, it gets very intense.

The second episode was much, much better. We get to see how Special Week trained with her ''mom'' and how helpful it actually was when being in the race. Her dodges were really good.

The relationship between Special Week and Silent Suzuka is already very nice.
Apr 1, 2018 11:52 AM

Sep 2017
Episode 1 seemed promising, episode 2 more so. I really like how they handled the backstory section, got some character dev in for Special and Silent, but didn't try to make it tragic or go for cheap feels. It was actually dealt with in a positive way which is quite befitting of a sports based comedy/light drama. Looking forward to see more

I would make a bad pun and say this show could be a bit of a dark horse, but I'd never do something like that ^_^
Apr 1, 2018 11:57 AM

Nov 2016
Special Week won,but she didn't practice her performance on stage.

Well,it was a cute episode again,especially the cuts from her training as a child.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 1, 2018 12:44 PM

Apr 2015
Trainer-san looked like he was into the girls hitting him with their feet. Dan Schneider, is that you?

"Suzuka-san, I have two mothers."

Me: The gays? :o

"My first mother died giving birth to me."

Me: Well shit that was more depressing than I wanted

Special Week really turned into an engine there at the end. Too bad she didn't practice for the weird shoehorned-in concert.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 1, 2018 1:43 PM

Aug 2012
The classic running late for school but with a carrot lol.
Apr 1, 2018 1:59 PM

Dec 2012
Special Week’s training with her mother was great.

Apr 1, 2018 3:21 PM
Nov 2010
Man I enjoyed the HELL out of that race.
That concert made me laugh so hard lol
Apr 1, 2018 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Lucky her, she gets to be in the same room with the girl she likes the most.

She was definitely training hard, not to see if it pays off in the debut race.

Very sad that she lost her real mother at birth but had another one the looked after her and helped her get to this point, those training flashbacks were rather funny.

Some great advice there from Suzuka, that helped Special Week out a lot.

Queen Berry was a tough opponent but she managed to get the win in her debut race.

Why am I not surprised that she was completely frozen on the stage lol, they will just have to work on that another time.
Apr 1, 2018 4:00 PM

May 2015
Loved it! Another great episode. The races are super intense, and I'm really loving the characters so far.

Rorek said:
Special Week’s training with her mother was great.

Those scenes were great, absolutely had me cracking as well XD.

Apr 1, 2018 4:11 PM

Apr 2014
Fantastic episode. I was laughing way too much during this scene

Apr 1, 2018 4:24 PM
Nov 2017
Ive got to say wat noone else has talked about. What did suzukas old trainer mean when she said make sure to keep suzuka reined in. Also I cant quite grasp winners circle being an idol concert for horse girls. TBH i find myself thinking how are these girls not exploited as slave runners, so im a bit cautious.
BUT im really only here to see some yuri. You can hate me if u want.
Apr 1, 2018 5:00 PM

Sep 2013
Unorthodox training is good and special week wins her first race but can't do the idol part :)
Suzuka supporting her too.
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Ive got to say wat noone else has talked about. What did suzukas old trainer mean when she said make sure to keep suzuka reined in.

The woman trainer is strict and by the rules, in ep 1 suzuka didn't follow her orders and instead did what the male trainer told her.
Apr 1, 2018 5:25 PM
Nov 2017
ichii_1 said:
Unorthodox training is good and special week wins her first race but can't do the idol part :)
Suzuka supporting her too.
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Ive got to say wat noone else has talked about. What did suzukas old trainer mean when she said make sure to keep suzuka reined in.

The woman trainer is strict and by the rules, in ep 1 suzuka didn't follow her orders and instead did what the male trainer told her.
I know but ive got a feeling theres more to it especially bc when the MC asked why suzuka left her old team, the other members jumped in real quick for her and you could see her reaction wasnt just saying yea wat they said, it was more like dont say anything else lol
Apr 1, 2018 5:45 PM

Apr 2012
Great second episode, really getting into the story now. The fact that the mother training actually helped her with the race was a nice touch.

Most of the characters were great and I loved getting to know them a bit better, that being said, Silent Suzuka was a bit too boring, I hope eventually in the future we get some backstory on her.
Apr 1, 2018 6:58 PM

May 2017
I honestly don't know why I'm watching this anime but I can't stop now >.<
Plus I love the animation on the ED, its visually beautiful to look at
Apr 1, 2018 7:18 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't think i was going to enjoy this show so much. "Toast" scene was to much for my heart.
Apr 1, 2018 7:20 PM
Apr 2014
wonder where are the stallions to breed those horse girls?
:-)
Apr 1, 2018 7:49 PM

Mar 2010
I'm not sure how I felt about her winning, now it's just placed unnecessary hype on her and it's gonna end up as a cliche "she fucks up and get reel depressed and gets a pep talk that will cheer her up and she will win more races cuz plot armor", I'll continue watching in hope that PA Works doesn't do this cuz this series has potential, even if it is tarnished by idol filth.
Apr 1, 2018 8:06 PM

Apr 2009
At first glance, aka during the first episode, I was beginning to wonder whether or not this would be my "I hate it but I'll watch it anyway just to keep perspective." Now, however, I think I'm starting to fall into the pace of this show.

I mean, the premise is dumb as sin. I nearly threw up a little when the idol portion came up since I was just expecting basically Kancolle with horses, for some reason. Credit where it's due though: The comedy has been quietly humorous thus far and Cygames is doing great work as always. It'll be far from a favorite this season. Much like Kancolle, though, I don't hate it enough to drop it just yet.
Apr 1, 2018 9:09 PM

Apr 2009
This was much better than I expected.

Also, I didn't hate the idol parts of the episodes, if only because it was so ridiculous and out of place that it made me laugh.
Apr 1, 2018 10:50 PM

Apr 2011
It was fun as expected.

But the idol part is kinda ridiculous.

I'm surprise that Spe-chan will be the same time team as the one she admired and become roommates too. I like Suzuka's soft voice.

Her mom forget to teach her dancing.
MagitoApr 3, 2018 11:58 PM
Apr 2, 2018 3:22 AM

Jan 2015
I'm completely in love with this anime now! This was so much fun to watch
Thank you P.A. Works for bringing something unique

I'm quite sure this is going to have 24 episodes
XenocrisiApr 2, 2018 3:41 AM
Apr 2, 2018 3:27 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Back to back episodes. Every week's gonna be a special week because of this anime. 😀
Apr 2, 2018 3:56 AM

May 2012
This is better than what I expected. Female sport anime is always fun to watch
Apr 2, 2018 4:01 AM

Oct 2013
It's so original... and so stupid. But so original.
But please don't tell me she will sing and dance like a god. I want her to fail horribly for her first concert.
Apr 2, 2018 4:19 AM

Dec 2015
This is great. I liked the 2nd episode. Let's hope for 2-cour ha ha.
But I'm wondering ... are they only learning about the horse races and stuff in school?

Or do they also teach normal stuff normal people (that are not horse girls) learn? (And we only don't see it on screen.) :D
Apr 2, 2018 4:31 AM

Apr 2013
Oh, I get it now, they use all the name from real horse racing name... no wonder it's all so weird, I bet all my money for Special Week LOL
Apr 2, 2018 5:28 AM

Feb 2014
I'm really starting to like this show a lot now. The second episode was better than the first and I'm liking the characters too, including the awesome pervert trainer. =)

Although the episode did have its sad moment about how Special Week lost her mother after giving birth to her, so it's nice to hear Special Week wanting to become the best horse girl in Japan in dedication to her late mother and her foster mother. Speaking of the latter, the training sequences shown in the flashback was really hilarious. =3

And, of course, it was great to see Special Week win her debut race too. The eye-patch girl was really playing rough and dirty with Spe-Chan, so it was satisfying to see Spe-chan outpace and outsmart her towards her maiden victory.

Great episode once again!

Arcaedes said:
I would make a bad pun and say this show could be a bit of a dark horse, but I'd never do something like that ^_^

I said that in the first episode discussion and I have no regrets at all................for now at least. =P
Apr 2, 2018 5:55 AM
Jan 2017
I am liking what I am seeing so far.
Apr 2, 2018 6:16 AM

Sep 2009
OrangeJP said:
Fantastic episode. I was laughing way too much during this scene

I like how they parodied this trope here.
Apr 2, 2018 6:31 AM
Oct 2017
when does special week snap her achilles tendon and fall in love with the manager of a famiresu
Apr 2, 2018 6:35 AM

Dec 2014
I-I like this show. Oh god, what has become of me.
Apr 2, 2018 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
Didn't think much of 2 episodes back to back, esp with Mahou Shoujo Ore then now this series...but horse girls and good artwork? I'm in with P.A.Works kind of art.

Even though this series will be the PVs for the upcoming Cygames mobile game of the same name, the series itself is the focal point of knowledge.

Am liking the country bumpkin Special Week that's learning to flap her wings in the horseracing world, with her win in her debut match that solidifies her position more with Team Spica.
Apr 2, 2018 9:00 AM

Sep 2017
Meta_Yoshi said:
I'm really starting to like this show a lot now. The second episode was better than the first and I'm liking the characters too, including the awesome pervert trainer. =)

Although the episode did have its sad moment about how Special Week lost her mother after giving birth to her, so it's nice to hear Special Week wanting to become the best horse girl in Japan in dedication to her late mother and her foster mother. Speaking of the latter, the training sequences shown in the flashback was really hilarious. =3

And, of course, it was great to see Special Week win her debut race too. The eye-patch girl was really playing rough and dirty with Spe-Chan, so it was satisfying to see Spe-chan outpace and outsmart her towards her maiden victory.

Great episode once again!

Arcaedes said:

I said that in the first episode discussion and I have no regrets at all................for now at least. =P

Horse pun high five? because that's actually a thing..

true story ^^
Apr 2, 2018 9:08 AM
Apr 2, 2018 9:18 AM

Jun 2012
Still a bit meh, but I'll stick with it for now. I wish there was a bit more focus on other girls to keep me watching, so far only Suzuka and the protagonist have my interest. Plus, the idol segment is less than 2 minutes of the entire episode and almost feels like an afterthought. It was like this in the first episode too.
Apr 2, 2018 9:18 AM

Jan 2015

oh, this is sad. Usually P.A. Works's anime have 24 episodes
Apr 2, 2018 12:54 PM
Mar 2016
Special Week and Silence Suzuka were they trying to make a yuri outta here?
Apr 2, 2018 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
The comedy is still nice and I like the main duo (the trainer is pretty cool too), not sure if I'm hooked enough to the premise tho, but I will continue watching.
Apr 2, 2018 1:25 PM

Nov 2017
Well,I wasn't going to watch this series,but hell,is it good!
The first episode was fun,and the second just made it better.
Esp the bit where she's running to school with the carrot in her mouth,that was hilarious.
Admittedly,I was expecting even a small amount of Monster Musume,but what I got was HUGE amounts of cuteness,fun and nice op/ed.
Gonna stick with this for the duration methinks.
I'm putting all my money on Special Week-hell,I'll write her into my will too :)
Apr 2, 2018 1:31 PM

Oct 2014
Me crying over my lost money when some random unknown noob horse with low betting odds wins the race
Apr 2, 2018 4:01 PM

Sep 2016
Anyone know the launch date for the game? JP version

I don't expect this to get a NA release, but i can hope because its Cygames
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 2, 2018 5:18 PM

Nov 2017
PolarCyrus97 said:
Anyone know the launch date for the game? JP version

I don't expect this to get a NA release, but i can hope because its Cygames

Theres a game coming?
Damn,hope it gets a west release.
Apr 3, 2018 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasantly surprised at the amount of depth here, will watch.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 3, 2018 9:29 AM

Jan 2015
Too convinient for Suzuka to become roommates with our horse-girl and transfer to the same team as her on the same day just before her being accepted. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the hell out of these 2 episodes, I want more, can't wait
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

10 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

23 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 12:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.