Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2018 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the boys in their white ghostly clothes this episode. Even compared to some of the other episodes, I thought this was one pretty bizarre.

We got blue demons, oversized ogres, and just in general, a very chaotic atmosphere for the episode. Lol, there's even mecha. I personally think this 2nd season is a little weaker than the first but still entertaining.
Mar 26, 2018 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
So they went up the first season and down the second season for final eps?
They died?! After being surprised, they are happy? Shounosuke Hijirikawa is emma daiou? Funeral while they are assigned to go to hell. They try to go to convince him that they are deserved to go to heaven. Even fighting each other.

Continuous torture... lol @ AnoHana for Todo's high school graduation paper. Wow, the alternative forms of sextuplet are dead! They are all sour voices. Seeing Shee~ guy making Oso remembering about what he was going to say...

Asking mangaka for help (by the dead and those left behind)? Mangaka opened up the road and laughing at them getting caught, and those alive came to the rescue?! Even the Ikemen forms of sextuplet and many characters appeared before.

OP1 from first season as IN when escaping. vs. Shee~ guy. Naked again? Successfully alive, but distorted. Shee~ guy is bone...
tsubasaloverMar 26, 2018 4:36 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 26, 2018 12:38 PM
Jan 2013
so Osomatsu-san follows Metal gear solid idea that author is god of a world he created.
Mar 26, 2018 12:57 PM

Feb 2016
Hell, Osomatsu-san sure have the most creative and weird final episodes for their seasons. This time we're on hell? damn

Overall it was a fun ride, not as good as first season, but at least we got Episode 18.

6/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 26, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2013
This was like the only episode this season that actually made me laugh. The others were just either bad, unfunny, weird, or a combination of the three. 4/10
Mar 26, 2018 1:58 PM
Jun 2010
Well I like this season too. It was not as funny as s1 but I love it anyway!

Now I feel a little empty and lonely...
Mar 26, 2018 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Another great finale from Osomatsu-san. I still like the first season's finale more, though. This season got a bit boring, especially when the 2nd cour started. Overall, it is not as enjoyable as the first season, but it had some amazing episodes (1,18,25).

6.5/10
Mar 26, 2018 2:33 PM

Dec 2015
The first season is better but I enjoy this season.

set by taiyaki

Mar 26, 2018 2:51 PM
Apr 2017
Hm, not bad at all, it's better than the last episode of season 1 to me, not to mention I didn't expect the F6 here.... Eh, still cool.
Mar 26, 2018 3:27 PM

Dec 2011
Okay, but what was the thing Osomatsu wanted to tell the others at the beginning of the episode? I feel like I missed it somehow, because I am not convinced that he really had this whole "virgin issue" on his mind to begin with.

Anyway, in all honesty, I didn't really enjoy this finale. I had my hopes up! They shouldn't have said something along these lines: "we have to make the finale a great one!" in episode 23.

The whole season as such lacked something. It wasn't awful tho, don't misunderstand. Just... as I'd eagerly rewatch the first season, I don't really think I would consider rewatching this one. Alright, there were some amusing skits, and in some cases even hilarious ones, but there were also many of them being dull to a lesser or greater extent.

Since there's a high possibility that there will be another season, I'd like to see whether Studio Pierrot brings us some better content or not. Matsuno bros will always have a special place in my heart despite the flaws in the show. I mean, they themselves aren't supposed to be perfect, right?

7.5/10
Mar 26, 2018 3:34 PM
Jun 2016
hehe great anime :> love all the fan service and call backs to previous episodes, especially return of the 7th brother.
Mar 26, 2018 3:43 PM

May 2015
A flashy finale, lol.

As for the second season, unfortunately, very weak compared to the first season. Absolutely enjoyed the first season, but the second season just didn't reach that level, not even close. Oh well.

7/10.

Mar 26, 2018 3:43 PM

Sep 2015
I think the jokes got naturally weak in this second season, but still very enjoyable and one of best comedy of the last year.

But why they couldn't show "Juushimatsu's Girlfriend" face in the backgroung at the funeral? Is not like they have to pay the seiyuu for that i think.
Mar 26, 2018 4:17 PM

Sep 2011
I love these last 2 episodes, but as others said this season is alot weaker, honestly these final 2 episodes narrowly saved it from getting a 5/10 from me. The worst part is the 2nd half was loaded with alot of really great set pieces that ended up flopping hard like the island.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 26, 2018 4:29 PM

Jan 2015
in couple of recent episodes it quiet risen up the stakes, compare to the rest of which is kinda mixed bag, but another finale that couldnt liven it up as a whole

la critique de l'intention pure
Mar 26, 2018 4:55 PM

Apr 2016
well, it ended in proper Osomatsu-san fashion, I loved it!
seeing them all in hell was pretty funny, and the "battle" with the first op in the background was surprisingly epic!!
I'm going to miss my Osomatsu mondays ;.; hope we get a season 3, this was a lot of fun!
Mar 26, 2018 5:29 PM

Sep 2015
So the last parody was the last part of Movie and end end with This even the mech was turn into GGG.

Nice cameo of all filler character.

7/10 maybe?
Into the Internet!
Mar 26, 2018 7:41 PM

Jul 2009
You know, I certainly didn't expect this episode to go that way at all lol. Yeah they certainly deserved going to hell, and the punishments were pretty creative ... my favourite was reading middle school/high school essays LOL XD Then for the big finish, everyone comes back and gets them back out of hell ... the "Proper" sextuplets and giant robo were pretty funny lol. Although in the end ... seems like it wasn't exactly what they wanted huh? Though it was nice to see that everyone truly missed them :O

Overall I liked that this season tried a bunch of different things - most of them actually worked well for me and fit my sense of humour. I thought there were some decent skits with some good character development as well. Obviously regarding the characters and animation it was just like the first season, and the music as well (the OP and ED themes continue to be great). So while I DO think that for some people this season wouldn't have been as good at the first, I actually quite enjoyed it. 8/10
Mar 26, 2018 8:36 PM

Nov 2011
Surprisingy funny episode. I had a lot of fun with it (and it was waaaaaaaay better than the first season finale).
The part where the hell teacher was reading the essays I could just think of me in hell and someone reading my teenage journals. The shame would be too much.
Then the decayed bodies, pfft.

Too bad the rest of the season wasn't as good... The second cour was better than the first but it was kinda too late for me. The episode with Dayon and Dekapan running almost made me drop it, but in the end I'm glad I didn't.
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 26, 2018 9:28 PM
Dec 2013
The last episode reminded me of why I liked Osomatsu-san in first place.
Mar 27, 2018 2:25 AM

Aug 2013
What a way to end the season! I'm so weak for when they put openings in the episode, it gives me goosebumps every time.

As many have mentioned already, I also agree that this season was a lot weaker than the first. But still, I enjoyed it, and i'm gonna hope for a third season to come around sooner or later!

8/10
Mar 27, 2018 4:08 AM

Jan 2011
Had its moments, but doesn't compare to the first season.
Mar 27, 2018 6:58 AM
Dec 2012
GaoGaiGar, ha

This season is better, not so gintama-style shit with bad punchlines and lame puns

Mar 27, 2018 2:07 PM

Feb 2017
Ah, I'm going to miss this anime... Especially now, when season 2 was so amazing, much like the original Osomatsu-kun.
And even Akatsuka-sensei made his appearance in this last episode... That's actually sad.
But what makes me (the most) happy? A lot of Iyami in season 2! I think creators realised they gave him not enough screen time in season 1. After all, without him, being a great character, we wouldn't have OsoSan at all. So, as his fan, I'm happy.
But... now Mondays will be lonely... well... I hope for season 3.
Mar 27, 2018 4:06 PM

Jan 2012
And so our sextuplets end their journey in the most fitting place for them: hell! Honestly I'd say this season's batch of episodes as a whole were probably weaker than the first, but I'm not sure if that was due to me experiencing franchise fatigue(I also watched season one for the first time earlier this year) or if they were legitimately of lesser quality. Honestly the two season's kinda just run together in my mind. I definitely still enjoyed them of course. Combined the two would make for a solid 50 episode series. This season probably only deserves a 7, but I'll give it a generous 8. Hopefully if a third season comes it'll be long enough to where I'm hungry for more by the time it gets here.
Mar 28, 2018 2:20 AM

Jun 2013
Well, that was it. Good ending and probably one of my favorite episodes of this season. Honestly not much to say about it but it was an enjoyable ride. Though I grew tired of the show at some point. Comedy just wasn't funny anymore. Season 1 will always be a lot better imo.

7/10
Mar 29, 2018 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
yeah this season wasn't as good as the first, but still I enjoyed this. 8/10.
Apr 3, 2018 11:09 AM
May 2015
Bloodless said:
Well I like this season too. It was not as funny as s1 but I love it anyway!

Now I feel a little empty and lonely...

You aren't lonely bc I think so too. This season wasn't great as the 1st.
Apr 3, 2018 11:11 AM
May 2015
I liked the season overall but wasn't really great like the 1st. Also the ep was funny like always and one thing I liked more when the Matsu Idols appeared. Really missed them! LOL
Apr 3, 2018 11:13 AM
May 2015
annelora said:
Ah, I'm going to miss this anime... Especially now, when season 2 was so amazing, much like the original Osomatsu-kun.
And even Akatsuka-sensei made his appearance in this last episode... That's actually sad.
But what makes me (the most) happy? A lot of Iyami in season 2! I think creators realised they gave him not enough screen time in season 1. After all, without him, being a great character, we wouldn't have OsoSan at all. So, as his fan, I'm happy.
But... now Mondays will be lonely... well... I hope for season 3.

I hope the 3rd season will be awsome like the 1st.
Apr 4, 2018 12:40 PM

Mar 2015
This last episode was better than all the other episodes in this season combined.

Yeah this season was way weaker than the first one. Still enjoyed it most of the time, but didn't even come anywhere close to the first season, with the exception of this last episode.
Apr 8, 2018 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
I preferred episode 24 more than 25... But it was still good regardless!

This season was a joy. I did prefer S1 just because it was more special overall. S2 had too many misses, out of hit-or-miss moments.

7/10
Apr 21, 2018 7:06 PM
Oct 2017
The middle school essay part was very funny.
Apr 29, 2018 5:01 PM

Oct 2015
Iyami came back all bones, what a bummer. As for the boys coming back all messed up cracked me up.

Overall this season was funny although plotless as expected, I guess you don't have think much just enjoy it.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 9, 2018 2:46 PM

Apr 2017
This season wasn't as good as S1, but that final episode was gold.

07/10

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Nov 8, 2018 2:26 AM

Mar 2014
This was a good way to end things.
I liked that we got a heartfelt episode followed by this big, crazy finale in hell. A good mix of different things for the final two episodes.

I definitely agree that the second season was weaker overall, but Osomatsu-san as a whole managed to be quite a memorable series. At this point, though, I feel like I've had my fill of the sextuplets and as much as I've enjoyed their adventures, I hope they aren't planning a third season.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 4, 2019 4:57 AM

Jun 2011
I knew it. It's gonna be crack lol. I liked this season but s1 was way funnier. I still want another season tho!
Mar 11, 2020 9:20 PM
Feb 2016
God i despise every scene where iyami exist like fuck him he's the most no 1 character in this anime due to ungodly funny he is and then Dayon and totoko...
Mar 5, 2021 5:06 PM

Jan 2021
Such a great last episode as expected. Time to watch Season 3!!

10/10
Dec 7, 2023 6:10 AM
Aug 2022
the first op lmfao
Mar 24, 2:18 AM

Jun 2015
Love the interjection of the first opening. I love when shows do that.

Definitely had it's ups and downs but overall I'm happy with what we got. One of the funniest anime I've seen.

9/10
Read Toriko!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

20 by phantom346 »»
Mar 22, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2018

49 by phantom346 »»
Mar 22, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

26 by phantom346 »»
Mar 18, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

31 by phantom346 »»
Mar 18, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2017

34 by phantom346 »»
Mar 17, 10:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.