Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Grancrest Senki Episode 4 Discussion


#1
Jan 26, 2018 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113362
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Aishela is pissed and she should be. I kinda feel bad that she got injuried in her fight.

This episode also gave Margaret some screen time...about time!
I honestly felt bad for Siluca. The stress she's going through with the negotation and having to travel to another country is hard to bear.

I think this show improved a bit since its first few episodes. The mixture of the drama and actual war battles made this episode more entertaining. Marrine looked badass in her fighting outfit, she should wear that more often.
Modified by Stark700, Jan 26, 2018 8:48 AM
 
#2
Jan 26, 2018 9:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 574
Well that's lame I was liking that fire emblem feel now he just abandons his army in this episode ?
 
#3
Jan 26, 2018 9:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 314
Someone mind explaining the end of the episode to me?
Specifically why Theo turned down the initial deal.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
 
#4
Jan 26, 2018 9:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 251
I feel like this adaptation is moving a bit too quickly. Isn't this going to be 24 episodes? Why the rush?
 
#5
Jan 26, 2018 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 5627
Pretty good episode.

Action parts are definitely the best in this series.
Siluca hugging Theo and her blushes this episode were so adorable. <3

zunderdog24 said:
Someone mind explaining the end of the episode to me?
Specifically why Theo turned down the initial deal.

From what I understood, the other Lord saved Theo's army during the battle on the condition that Siluca would become his mage. He proposed to allow Theo stay an independent Lord and they work together in a union rather than have Theo serve him like some of the other Lords under his control, the only flipside to this was that Siluca would serve him as his court mage. Theo refuses saying he doesn't want to give up Siluca and that he would instead pledge knighthood to the other Lord as long as he's given enough power as a knight to remain in contract with Siluca.
 
#6
Jan 26, 2018 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 314
Lelouch0202 said:


zunderdog24 said:
Someone mind explaining the end of the episode to me?
Specifically why Theo turned down the initial deal.

on the condition that Siluca would become his mage. He proposed to allow Theo stay an independent Lord and they work together in a union rather than have Theo serve him like some of the other Lords under his control, the only flipside to this was that Siluca would serve him as his court mage. Theo refuses saying he doesn't want to give up Siluca and that he would instead pledge knighthood to the other Lord as long as he's given enough power as a knight to remain in contract with Siluca.


Ah, so basically siluca was going away no matter what and theo just wants to stay with her. That explains why she was blushing at the end.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
 
#7
Jan 26, 2018 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
Does anyone have any website with spoilers of the novel ??
Or illustrations from her
 
#8
Jan 26, 2018 10:09 AM

Online
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 969
What a fast paced episode! Half a cour just ended like that!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

 
#9
Jan 26, 2018 10:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 17
A good episode, but the rush is felt, considering that the series consists of 24 episodes, it looks rather strange.
 
Jan 26, 2018 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 111
Feels rushed but the good thing about this show is that they are always doing something, lots of action. They don't waste time with big dialogues or some generic fan service. Best EP so far imo. 4/5
Also sounds like someone is liking Theo-sama.
 
Jan 26, 2018 10:17 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2742
This was a fast-paced episode. The action was pretty good though. Lassic is very good in combat. It was dumb of Aishela to fight like that.
 
Jan 26, 2018 10:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 527
The show did an excellent job at displaying the setting's politics and discussing the characters' allegiances, especially concerning Theo's fief. The action sequences were great, as usual. It's good to see the characters use strategy instead of hitting their enemies hard and fast. In the end, though, I find it weird that Theo would surrender his territories and go back to being a knight, but I guess it's one way to move his relationship with Siluca forward. Close call on Aishela! Good thing Priscilla was there, otherwise she would have died without any real bearing on the plot.
 
Jan 26, 2018 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 130
This is easily turning into one of my favorite anime this season.

4/5
 
Jan 26, 2018 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 900
To fast pace. Only battles more or less and no context. It´s 24 eps I can handle 2-3 slow paced world bulding/character episodes. Avarage show for now only the corny romance that keep me going :/
 
Jan 26, 2018 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1682
I'm actually quite happy that everything didn't turn out the way they wanted it to. Most of these anime tend to keep having win after win. I can see a great comeback in the future.
 
Jan 26, 2018 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 81
The pacing is still way too fast in my opinion. Didn't read the light novel myself, but the story itself does look promising and interesting to me. I'm actually hoping at this point for a LN translation for this reason. Hopefully the pacing is better there.
 
Jan 26, 2018 11:41 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 14
“Aishela was injured and Sir Neyman was killed”
Who tf is Neyman? Kinda irks me that they killed someone offscreen and theyre expecting us to remember who that was without rewatching previous episodes. Good episode though, ill definitely keep watching.
 
Jan 26, 2018 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 59
Even though that all happened quite fast, I am still liking this anime so far. Seems like Siluca is starting to fall for Theo.
 
Jan 26, 2018 12:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 676
Seriously they need to slow down far to much going on and not really enough explanations we don't know back stories for any of the characters and it all seems rushed and all over place it is hard to keep up with it all.
 
Jan 26, 2018 1:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2551
Oh boy that "I am going ahead of you" moment... it just hit through the limitation of being cheap... I... I can't even...
I hereby stop following this series. This is about the ultimate insult a series can get.
Re:formed
 
Jan 26, 2018 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 634
I dunno, everything feels too rushed. Seems like Theo is too dependent of Siluca, almost anyone claims to be so loyal of Theo even though he's not so..wow? and everything's so fast-paced I struggle to keep up. I wish we could get to know more about the characters and their past.

I really liked episode 3 and thought this show is gonna improve, but now that Theo has lost almost everything (that he didn't try too hard to obtain, it was 70-80% Siluca's work), I don't know what to think anymore.

I won't drop this anime, but people won't rate it higher than 5 if it doesn't keep improving. I think it has great potential.
 
Jan 26, 2018 1:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 6
sashaanjo said:
I dunno, everything feels too rushed. Seems like Theo is too dependent of Siluca, almost anyone claims to be so loyal of Theo even though he's not so..wow? and everything's so fast-paced I struggle to keep up. I wish we could get to know more about the characters and their past.

I really liked episode 3 and thought this show is gonna improve, but now that Theo has lost almost everything (that he didn't try too hard to obtain, it was 70-80% Siluca's work), I don't know what to think anymore.

I won't drop this anime, but people won't rate it higher than 5 if it doesn't keep improving. I think it has great potential.



I feel the same about the progress of this anime. The MC is rather useless and honestly it just feels more and more like a huge Theo harem for no actual reason. Every episode is the same so far. They start some battle and are about to lose it then suddenly reinforcements show up and save the day and everyone praises lord Theo, when it was all Siluca's work.
 
Jan 26, 2018 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 634
LokeSaint said:
sashaanjo said:
I dunno, everything feels too rushed. Seems like Theo is too dependent of Siluca, almost anyone claims to be so loyal of Theo even though he's not so..wow? and everything's so fast-paced I struggle to keep up. I wish we could get to know more about the characters and their past.

I really liked episode 3 and thought this show is gonna improve, but now that Theo has lost almost everything (that he didn't try too hard to obtain, it was 70-80% Siluca's work), I don't know what to think anymore.

I won't drop this anime, but people won't rate it higher than 5 if it doesn't keep improving. I think it has great potential.



I feel the same about the progress of this anime. The MC is rather useless and honestly it just feels more and more like a huge Theo harem for no actual reason. Every episode is the same so far. They start some battle and are about to lose it then suddenly reinforcements show up and save the day and everyone praises lord Theo, when it was all Siluca's work.


Yeah, Siluca did everything and at first, I thought she was using Theo for his kindness just to obtain something, but I was wrong, and now Siluca's even falling for him.
 
Jan 26, 2018 1:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Glassgrenado said:
“Aishela was injured and Sir Neyman was killed”
Who tf is Neyman? Kinda irks me that they killed someone offscreen and theyre expecting us to remember who that was without rewatching previous episodes. Good episode though, ill definitely keep watching.


This! This right here were my exact thoughts, could anyone shine some light on this and tell me who was Neyman?
 
Jan 26, 2018 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1121
Rapid pacing does not equal development. Like at this stage, I feel like the content of the first 4 episodes could have been stretched to be at least 6 or 7 episodes so far. Like this is rushing that goes beyond your typical LN adaptations. I'm trying to give this series some sort of optimism but it's just overly 2-dimensional at this rate and lacks a lot of depth. It's all but a drop in my book. And...what the hell was up with that animation? Talk about missing frames or feeling too stiff, I thought the damn show was skipping. I want to drop this anime but again I'm hoping it becomes like Altair: Record of Battles and slows down after this week for some legitimate development. Other than that, it's a solid 4 out of 10 at this point.
Don't believe the hype.
 
Jan 26, 2018 2:29 PM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2153
So Theo's request to join the alliance was denied then. It seems there is no love between Siluca and his adapted father though. So Siluca's opinion of the earl was completely wrong huh. That siege battle though was pretty well thought out though and it was impressive that they managed to hold out. The earls forces though sure made a timely entrance though. But Marrine's relationship with Villar was unexpected. Rather than being King of Savis Theo elected to become a knight serving the duke huh. Priscilla seems intent on following Theo though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 26, 2018 2:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
DalisDL said:
Glassgrenado said:
“Aishela was injured and Sir Neyman was killed”
Who tf is Neyman? Kinda irks me that they killed someone offscreen and theyre expecting us to remember who that was without rewatching previous episodes. Good episode though, ill definitely keep watching.


This! This right here were my exact thoughts, could anyone shine some light on this and tell me who was Neyman?


No freaking idea, but YEAH i thought the same, WHO is Neyman?!

EDIT: Can't find him in "Characters" section of this show on MAL, lol
Modified by Tobinator, Jan 26, 2018 2:35 PM
 
Jan 26, 2018 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 314
Tobinator said:
DalisDL said:


This! This right here were my exact thoughts, could anyone shine some light on this and tell me who was Neyman?


No freaking idea, but YEAH i thought the same, WHO is Neyman?!

EDIT: Can't find him in "Characters" section of this show on MAL, lol


Neyman is the guy who had a big scar across his eye and always had his eyes shut.
I have no idea where he came from prior to episode 3.

This guy-


Modified by zunderdog24, Jan 26, 2018 4:29 PM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
 
Jan 26, 2018 4:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1333
Fun how no one is using spell here. Not even the smaller one. (You sure have at least a small area spell, right, Siluca?)
What is the use of these mages other than as object of masturbation, then? No wonder Villar releases the girl mages after they hit 25.

ps.: they don't even do the 3DCG properly, the staff. The scheduling of this anime is as rushed as its pacing in the story department.
 
Jan 26, 2018 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1680
wtf is this lmao

romance is so fucking random. it seems so forced
 
Jan 26, 2018 4:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 408
Awful pacing as usual
 
Jan 26, 2018 5:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 7
Neyman (neman on manga) only side character after all, he is one of the lord from rasik territory and the only one that surrender after rasik defeated (other lord trying to take rasik territory after hearing his loses) u can check chap 10 to see what happen.. I dunno what happen next because this anime cut the whole chapter and far ahead from the manga..



I know this series based on LN but still too fvcking rush....!!!
 
Jan 26, 2018 6:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 29
Watching this episode felt like watching the last 5 minutes of 3 different episodes cut together
"I ask you, are you my master?"

 
Jan 26, 2018 7:38 PM
Needs Pats

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1745
What a mess this series is. Total disappointment so far, I seriously doubt now that this will turnout but will keep on watching as I enjoy the premise.
 
Jan 26, 2018 8:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5113
Who the actual fuck is Neyman?! RIP side character that died off screen (looking at the screenshot i barely remember seeing him)




pacing is still way to fast what a shame, also stop abusing your dragoon waifu it's like only using one hero character to fight waves of men at some point shes gonna get hurt real bad.
 
Jan 26, 2018 9:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 613
Theo is still a useless MC. Siluca is pretty cute, but I don't know if she alone can carry this show. The pacing really needs to slow down in order to make the viewers care about what's happening in the story.
 
Jan 26, 2018 10:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 4
... I want to like this show, it has alot of potential, but everything happens way too fast. It's all over the place. I mean, we had 3 fkin battlefield fights in a row this episode xD... I don't even remember who the fk that Neyman dude is...

biggest gripe for me this episode, which I don't see people mention much, is when that arrow hit her, and they just cut out.... I was like... ''Ah... ok?''. It carried no emotional impact for me, nor was it much of a surprise honestly, it just happened out of nowhere and hit way too fast... didn't give me time to process anything... would have at least liked to see the arrow hit through instead of just cutting the scene to where she's lying down on her deathbed ????

It reminded me of The Last Jedi, abit... you know, those supposed payouts that just feel out of place and totally lackluster due to no proper buildup or follow-through... Ugh...This show lacks so much depth and story/character building. It's slightly annoying... especially since, like I said it has so much wasted potential :(
 
Jan 27, 2018 1:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 46
The only thing i like in this episode is Silucas being turned down because she thinks people would just agree to her as her advantage and the king of savis actually being a good fighter heck if he and Theo fought one on one he might actually win. The battle is slightly more better than that of episode 3 Theo won game of thrones style cavalry reinforcements saves the day. Ever notice that in almost every war anime the MC side always have more heroic warriors than the enemy Theo has 2 mages, 2 swordmen, 1 berserker, 1 lancer, 1 assassin, and 1 archer while the other has Silucas father whom i assume to be a mage and just a bunch of mooks and elite mooks with hand cannons
Modified by jomarggg, Jan 27, 2018 1:24 AM
 
Jan 27, 2018 3:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3956
Boy, what an awful rush. I can hardly give a damn about MC and magician chick, let alone everyone else coming and going too fast to register them as anything more than background noise. I skipped one episode by accident and noticed it only because of number on my list. With or without it story wasn't any more or less coherent or engaging. Even magician chick makes a lousy eye candy so I don't see any reason to watch it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
 
Jan 27, 2018 3:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1498
Siluca still has a lot to learn, she couldn't get help from either of them, she still has a lot to learn.

This is one tough enemy they are up against, giant boulder was obliterated & even Aishela got beat bad, thank good Priscilla was there the save her.

Great tactics there by Lassic, even got to defeat the king.

Villar came just at the right time, he was planning well ahead, & learned that he is cousins with Marianne.

A couple of romance moments between Theo & Siluca this episode.

Theo is very good at negotiating, that went well for him, Villar seems to be a pretty cool guy anyway, I'm sure they will get along fine & will help each other out a lot.
 
Jan 27, 2018 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
Why are they rushing this so much ?

When I first this was getting an anime adaptation, I checked out the manga and while it was nothing amazing, I found it to be enjoyable so I was looking forward to this. So disappointing...

In the manga Theo spends his time with the villagers helping them out, which in turn makes the villagers like him and want to fight for him, so he was useful to an extent. Here its not shown at all so you keep wondering what's the point of his character at all.. I'n not dropping this because I'm only watching like 3 anime series this season :(
 
Jan 27, 2018 4:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 73
Waterm3lown said:
... I want to like this show, it has alot of potential, but everything happens way too fast. It's all over the place. I mean, we had 3 fkin battlefield fights in a row this episode xD... I don't even remember who the fk that Neyman dude is...

biggest gripe for me this episode, which I don't see people mention much, is when that arrow hit her, and they just cut out.... I was like... ''Ah... ok?''. It carried no emotional impact for me, nor was it much of a surprise honestly, it just happened out of nowhere and hit way too fast... didn't give me time to process anything... would have at least liked to see the arrow hit through instead of just cutting the scene to where she's lying down on her deathbed ????

It reminded me of The Last Jedi, abit... you know, those supposed payouts that just feel out of place and totally lackluster due to no proper buildup or follow-through... Ugh...This show lacks so much depth and story/character building. It's slightly annoying... especially since, like I said it has so much wasted potential :(


I feel it's more because we still haven't really gotten to know Aishela at all. She's just some random hero soldier who Siluca knows as a friend who loves to fight. And that's really about it, we haven't been given a reason to care what happens to her.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
 
Jan 27, 2018 6:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 795
This episode was really great compared to the previous ones. This just keeps getting better although not at that level. I liked the army feel but now suddenly he gives up his army? Wow. Let's just hope we get more action and army sequences later on. So far still a 6/10...
 
Jan 27, 2018 6:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 795
zunderdog24 said:
Tobinator said:


No freaking idea, but YEAH i thought the same, WHO is Neyman?!

EDIT: Can't find him in "Characters" section of this show on MAL, lol


Neyman is the guy who had a big scar across his eye and always had his eyes shut.
I have no idea where he came from prior to episode 3.

This guy-


LMFAO this made my day XD
 
Jan 27, 2018 6:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1443
Well that was the last episode for me, want to say that it is the most random anime story or how it was displayed in very long time. People talking about some political stuff about some Alliance and Union, completely random battle scenes, the animation quality drops on a lot of scenes. The scene where Aishella was critically wounded was supposed to be sad, but again it was so out of nowhere and random and the next second she was magically healed ... The battle on the narrow road/bridge to the castle, why did they add that cinematic effetcs to the end of the fight, that again was so random ... And it really wasn't cool how it was supposed to be, i wanted only to laugh at that moment.
Well i'll just stop wasting my time on this anime, cause after 4 episodes there is only dissapointment. And cannot believe that it still has 20 episodes more ...
 
Jan 27, 2018 6:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1443
Well that was the last episode for me, want to say that it is the most random anime story or how it was displayed in a very long time for me. People talking about some political stuff about some Alliance and Union, completely random battle scenes, the animation quality drops on a lot of scenes. The scene where Aishella was critically wounded was supposed to be sad, but again it was so out of nowhere and random and the next second she was magically healed ... The battle on the narrow road/bridge to the castle, why did they add those cinematic effetcs to the end of the fight, that again was so random ... And it really wasn't cool how it was supposed to be, just stupidly funny.
Well i'll just stop wasting my time on this anime, cause after 4 episodes there is only dissapointment. And cannot believe that it still has 20 episodes more ...
 
Jan 27, 2018 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 327
OMGoodness im not even finished with this episode yet(half way thru) but the transitioning in these fight scenes are terrible and looked horribly rushed. Its straight trash. The way the stuff is happening in general looks like a fireable offence.
Modified by Dredd, Jan 27, 2018 10:38 AM
 
Jan 27, 2018 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3487
This and Death March are the two generic fantasy anime of the season but it would be a total lie to say I wasn't enjoying the shit out of them, because at this point you just gotta accept them for what they are and just enjoy yourself
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
 
Jan 27, 2018 12:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
TheFreycook said:
This and Death March are the two generic fantasy anime of the season but it would be a total lie to say I wasn't enjoying the shit out of them, because at this point you just gotta accept them for what they are and just enjoy yourself


The difference between those two , its tha in one (Death March) the mc is really op and can practically rule the world but has no will to do so , and in this one the mc does not do anything at all haha
 
Jan 27, 2018 1:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1481
Ok so Theo has decided to let go of being a lord and become the knight of the earl of whatchamcallit?
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »