Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2017 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There's a good amount of psychology this episode especially in regards to a possible death sentence with result of some of the more recent events. Not sure how I feel about the captain of that other ship. His personality reminds me a little of Shuan..

The scene with everyone coming together in union was a really beautiful moment imo this episode. I feel like Lykos is accepting more of her new friends especially with Chakuro by her side now.
Stark700Dec 16, 2017 1:43 PM
Dec 17, 2017 10:13 PM

Jun 2015
Learned some new things in this episode about an event called the Rain of Katharterio. Two species of men were created: Marked and Unmarked. A third type of human was created called daimons, which is what Ouni is. Chakuro learned the truth about Falaina and didn't took it well. Some people are getting restless and want to overthrow the Unmarked to be free from them.
Dec 18, 2017 12:11 AM

Dec 2016
That beginning was so intense, they he was actually killed then for a moment, he is rather cunning and will be a powerful enemy to come up against in the future.

I don't trust that guy who's name is way too long, I am sure he will only use the people of Falaina for his own ambitions.

I had a feeling for a while the nous took the life force away from those marked in order to give them power, probably most people did by now.

A mini rebellion at the end there, I was hoping Ouni was just going to kick their ass, would of been as spectacular as always when it comes to him.
Dec 18, 2017 1:59 AM

Jun 2008
I love how the MC isn't the one with the rare overpowered gift. Rarely see that in anime.
Dec 18, 2017 2:02 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus, that blonde villain dude, is so on edge, Biba Amatori of this show just appeared.

Next week last episode, wonder how will they end it.
Dec 18, 2017 2:12 AM
Apr 2016
The edgyest role Ishida Akira had to perform, I'm afraid. He either plays a hero or a villain, which is nice.
A mighty shame this series is only 12 episodes short. The unconventionality of the series is really enticing, and I am even getting vibes from other series present here. Probably too diverse for an average viewer, but the elements of art are there. I will be looking forward to seeing its continuation. Just like I am to Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon...
Re:formed
Dec 18, 2017 2:32 AM
Apr 2016
Oh man, I really wish this gets another season, it's really good!
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Dec 18, 2017 4:05 AM

Dec 2014
ok so I also wondered this what were they offering to the nous...so it was their lives...hmm
Dec 18, 2017 5:08 AM

Oct 2012
I wonder how are they planning to conclude everything in the next episode. I love everything about this anime, the art, the designs, the atmosphere, everything. But I hope the ending won't suck too much :/
Dec 18, 2017 5:24 AM

Jul 2014
It's kinda sad that this is starting to go in a really interesting direction, with a splinter faction on the Mud Whale, the Empire's continued hunt for Falaina and all the various revelations this episode revealed, just as the show is almost over: with one episode left, there is no way in hell they can resolve much of this, which is a shame as I can't see this getting a second season, as much as it really needs to get one.
Dec 18, 2017 6:20 AM

Apr 2017
Atavistic said:
It's kinda sad that this is starting to go in a really interesting direction, with a splinter faction on the Mud Whale, the Empire's continued hunt for Falaina and all the various revelations this episode revealed, just as the show is almost over: with one episode left, there is no way in hell they can resolve much of this, which is a shame as I can't see this getting a second season, as much as it really needs to get one.

My thoughts exactly! This was easily the most fascinating episode, felt only 5 minutes long, and I can't believe it will be over next week! What a bummer, just as it was building momentum.
Dec 18, 2017 7:57 AM
Nov 2016
Lykos did mention that the people of Falaina have stronger thymia so the thing about Ouni being a daimon didn't surprise me too much but that begs the question, is everyone on Thymia a daimon?

I think they waited too long to reveal Orka, there's no way this gets wrapped up in only one more episode.....
Dec 18, 2017 9:30 AM

Jan 2015
So now Orka trying to be more "specific" about Ouni as his primary target. Plus the part about the Mud Whale can finally escape from the current and "see a new world" and then the truth about Marked's short-life... Phew that's a lot of truth revealed in one (more) episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 18, 2017 10:19 AM

Dec 2014
I thought it was pretty obvious that Falaina was eating at the life force of the marked people.

Interesting stuff with the internal factions.

I like the leader dude of the other country.
Dec 18, 2017 10:33 AM

Jan 2015
Sisti_ne said:
I wonder how are they planning to conclude everything in the next episode. I love everything about this anime, the art, the designs, the atmosphere, everything. But I hope the ending won't suck too much :/

everything wont be resolved, probably will leave at a nice note but with unfinished story as in saying that "go wait for second season" and its JC staff so i doubt we will ever get a second season :( hope people will judge by what they've seen and not what they haven't seen, the story is still in progress.
Dec 18, 2017 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome
the twins finally made their debut and already impressed us how edgy moron they are.
Dec 18, 2017 11:39 AM
Jan 2017
As the series moves towards the finale, it gives the impression that it's introducing too many subplots, like a possible alliance with a foreign country, the truth of the nous, Chakuro's visions, another Imperial invasion, the twins going all Magneto and the possible end of Chakuro and Lykos' friendship. If my patience for Chakuro's philosophical narration is growing thin, then my patience for the setting's backstory is already on life support. Maybe an OVA will help make sense of it.
Dec 18, 2017 12:19 PM
Nov 2014
I haven't read the manga at all, but for general cohesion and having a somewhat satisfying ending I wish the put off the rebellion of the twins. There's just so much going on! I love the art style and this unique story, but it really needed to be 24 episodes.

Orca taunting the blame onto his subordinate until he provoked an attack was the greatest. I find it interesting that the blue haired subordinate also had emotion as Lionel emphasized as exception.

I REALLY don't trust this new guy, as he keeps calling everyone apes. Also it was really confusing for him to appear off screen. But that once again the problem with just a 12 episode show.

It could have easily had just up to this point in 24 episodes. Alas, sadly nothing these days now gets a 48 episode run; especially not something so artistic and complex as Children of the Whales T_T
Dec 18, 2017 12:19 PM

Feb 2015
I'm intrested to see where they will end this. It's got lots of different elements going on, it makes me wonder if a season 2 is lined up in the future. It will certainly not be resolved in one more episode.
Dec 18, 2017 1:02 PM

Oct 2014
That map got me excited for the future of this series. I hope it becomes like an exploration show where the Mud Whalers encounter a different ship with a new gimmick (ex: the nous eating emotion/ eating life force). It could be great chance to bring the show into some more psychological depths.

As for that "twist", well I wouldn't really call it that because it felt so inevitable. The pieces to figure it out were clear right from the second episode. When Lykos first goes to the Mud Whale she gains some emotion and proclaims that she doesn't want to become a sinner (because she is away from her emotion eating nous). I liked how the show gave us the pieces to figure it out on our own. So this twist felt like a long time coming sort of situation, I knew it was coming but it was just a matter of when and how the Mud Whalers would receive it.

I guess that also explains why the new visitors don't have thymia. Their nous (if they even have one) is not the type that gives and takes.
It also explains why criminals are locked in the belly of the Mud Whale because it's closest to the nous, eating their life force the most. Maybe that also explains why they have strong thymia???

I love how much imagination this show's setting inspires!!
Dec 18, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2016
Akira Ishida and Hayami Show voices are just too epic
and of course it's randomly raining hard when dramatic moment kicks in
chakuro not doing anything other than "Lykos?" as usual
but the overall plot getting interesting. 2nd season?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 18, 2017 1:45 PM

Feb 2014
It's interesting to see a set of edgy-like characters making themselves known. First was the blond guy at the start who simply couldn't give a damn about the masked men passing judgement on Orka and mentioning about controlling the daimons peaked my interest.

Next was the twins, who were acting very defiant of the elders and Suou and started to get their ideology through the citizens of the Mud Whale, as well as trying to get Ouni to be on their side. Honestly, their plan is just asking to fail from the get-go.

The only downside is that with the development that this episode had, with just one episode left, I can't help but feel slightly saddened the show will have to end on an unresolved note and the chances of a second season looks low. D=

All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing how the last episode wraps up the show. =)
Dec 18, 2017 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
This was the best episode for me. The scene in which everyone sings to change the direction of the ship was beautiful, plus we had very good revelations.

Orka was very interesting and intelligent. He earned points with me. The colored hair guy with long name also had a very nice partipation in that episode.

Okay, I'll be following the manga to have more of this wonderful world.
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Dec 18, 2017 3:19 PM

Aug 2015
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it from the beginning!! The cause for early death is the mud whale itself. Although I predicted, I was surprised.
Dec 18, 2017 3:44 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Hey, for once i was a little bit interested about what was going on. It's something.
Too bad there's only one episode left tho.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 18, 2017 5:08 PM

Mar 2017
I felt like this episode finally gave the series a direction. I hope there's another season, but, as said by others, it may not get another season. I wish it didn't end next week.
Dec 19, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2016
Just when it get's really good plotwise the show has to end next week xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 19, 2017 9:35 AM

Oct 2008
okay! it's time for rebellion! revolt is underway!
heard aizen voice again!
4/5.
matias067Dec 19, 2017 2:55 PM

Dec 19, 2017 12:56 PM

Dec 2016
Definitely a good episode in terms of information learned, characters developed, and new conflicts made/solved
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 19, 2017 4:35 PM

Jan 2011
shame we actually getting somewhere interesting like the first episode only to have it end next week :/
Dec 19, 2017 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
Why open like five new subplots in the second last episode, lol? This show is a consistent trainwreck.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 20, 2017 2:51 PM

Jan 2014
Second half > first half. I wonder if there's a second season.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 21, 2017 1:40 AM

Mar 2009
Well, uhh, should be interesting to see how this all ends with only one episode left lol.
Dec 25, 2017 12:57 AM

Apr 2015
Get to a point where you start to view a show skeptically and you get to feel a lot more faults.
Well, anyhow...good buildup episode, except it's the second to last one.
Dec 25, 2017 4:46 AM

Jun 2016
And just like that, Lykos' brother got away from being killed. Lmao. He's insane. Fucking insane. But thanks to him, I discovered that yeah Ouni's kind is the strongest of warriors and power came from Nous. The fact that Ouni destroyed Skylos alone. Damn. They're that powerful.

Why is that changing course of Mud Whale have to be so fucking beautiful!? Ugh. Them lights. Thanks, Kokalo. Lmfao.

Idk why, but ROCHALITO name is so freaking funny to me. Hahaha. ROCHALITO! Hahahaha. His relationship with Souo, though, is adorable. Haha. I hope both of their countries/island/ship will work with each other.

So, yeah, Lykos' knows that it's the Nous' fault why the Marked people in Mud Whale are short-lived because it's the Nous in exchange for the power of thymia, it's taking people's life force. Terrifying. Jesus. In Skylos, it's their emotions and in Mud Whale is just fucked up and worst of all. The Elders know about it, but they decided to keep it from their people. Poor folks.

BREAKING NEWS! TWINS DECIDED TO BE ASSHOLES AND RAISE SHIT AGAIN IN MUD WHALE. MORE AT 6. Jesus. Where is Shuan to kick their asses down?

4/5.

P.S. I s2g this anime needs to be longer or whatnot. 12 episodes ain't enough to make its plot and purpose clear. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 5, 2018 5:48 AM
Dec 2017
thesarcasticguy said:
is everyone on Thymia a daimon?

Jan 9, 2018 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
Orka is smart.
So now we know why they all die so early, it's sad. This show is sad...
Mar 10, 2018 9:13 PM

May 2012
Different kind of episode again but quite interesting as well! Looking forwards to see how this series will actually end in this season!
Apr 15, 2018 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
Its that cute girl.
Sentenced to death?
Dat shot.
He lost his fingers.
Lykos knows?
The Mud Whale?
It eats their life force?
Ouni appears.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 10, 2018 12:56 PM

Mar 2010
Finally the truth about the short lives at least that question got answered. It gets interesting now

Hope for a S2 really.. doubt there will be a satisfying end otherwise... or rushed one

And annoying pink haired dude is back -_-
May 29, 2019 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
So, the Mud Whale's Nous is the reason that the marked live short lives.

Those two twins are starting trouble. They're going to create a war against the marked and unmarked on the Mud Whale!

Aug 25, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
Well this explains why they never met people from different countries with the mud whale being stuck in the currents. But man I didn't expect the dark reason for Marked short lives. Don't think they can finish the whole series next episode with the whole empire still after their ass, the mud whale thing, twins riling up the Marked to do a coup and other stuff, hopefully they will give a good end for this season.

Mar 26, 2021 11:53 AM

May 2015
STRANGER DANGER!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 21, 2021 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
Oh man, now is not the time for a revolution (although I guess they don't know that Orka is coming back...). Leaving the Mud Whale would be the best thing for the Marked to do, but even though the elders are trying to get them off the island, it looks like the Marked may just stay stranded without knowing how staying stranded is hurting them :(

Yikes, so the Mud Whale's nous feeds on the life force of the Marked instead of their emotions...makes sense, bc they must have to feed on something

I have absolutely no idea how they're gonna resolve everything in one episode. Something tells me this is gonna be a pretty open ending...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2021 11:01 AM

Jun 2016
Well, that explains the source of Ouni's power during his rage moment; he is a Daimon, a third race besides the Marked and Unmarked. The more ya know.

A lot of information was dumped in this episode. Stuff like the Rain of Katharterio and the real reason as to why the Marked have such a low life expectancy. So the nous themselves are not only different in terms of type and appearance, but also possess different conditions that need to be met to move, etc. It's quite fascinating, honestly.

Man, those twins took their time, building slowly to this uprising. Tbf, using the number of Marked deaths during that battle could easily sway a crowd. I only wish I knew the exact distribution of Marked to Unmarked on the island.

Aug 15, 2022 6:20 AM

Feb 2017

I thought they couldn't make the pink haired brat more annoying, but they did.

Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Nov 2022
I agree with the twins in the fact that the council was wrong, but not in the way that they're handling it...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.