Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2017 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, nothing was truly resolved from the battle. More like a cease of fighting from both sides at the moment.

At least Ouni managed to survive despite the damage he took. Idk how I feel about this other ship's crew getting involved in this story. This episode also had more comedy and even some fan service. Seeing Ryodari again was also not a pleasant sight.

There's not many episodes left so it'll be interesting to see what develops from here...
The new people introduced are such weirdos in particular that one guy with the absurdly long name.
Stark700Dec 12, 2017 6:54 AM
Dec 10, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
Well, it's nice to see some peace after that carnage. I wonder how long will it last.

Dec 10, 2017 10:37 PM
Jun 2017
How cute is Kokalo?!?! So I was truly shocked to see Pink Hair, they showed him in last weeks preview but I thought it would be a flashback. But he unfortunately lives. The scene with Ouni in bed resting/healing was nice, loved all the little kids who came to see him. We meet some new characters which I was not expecting and the comedic relief was great! Much needed comedy after so much death and tragedy. And most importantly holy fanservice!! It was great and also played right in with the comedic relief!

I’m guessing we won’t see people until the delayed subs are released. So glad I don’t need subs.
ScarletBegoniasDec 17, 2017 10:26 PM
Dec 11, 2017 7:37 AM

Apr 2016
So ... where's the episode ? Did netflix ?
Dec 11, 2017 7:48 AM

May 2012
Swagernator said:
So ... where's the episode ? Did netflix ?

Asenshi delayed their subs by 24 hours

It should come out today.
Dec 11, 2017 9:11 AM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one who is really happy, that Ryodari is alive? xD
I really hope for good character development.
Dec 11, 2017 1:30 PM
Jun 2015
If you know the song at the end just before the ending I'll gladly take it :)
This song was in the PV too but I can't find the name
Dec 11, 2017 5:35 PM

Jun 2015
It seems everyone is doing okay after what happened. Seeing Ouni receiving gifts from the little kids was nice. Kokalo is pretty cute. It's the helm of nous ships. Wasn't expecting to see new characters. The douchebag Ryodari is still alive.
Dec 11, 2017 6:00 PM
Jan 2017
After the carnage of previous episodes, it's good to see the characters enjoy some lighthearted moments, what with the nudist scenes. Hopefully, the show will not abuse the balance between comedy and drama and break the narrative.
Dec 11, 2017 6:44 PM

Oct 2014
What a lovely episode, I knew there was good in this show's world. Amonlogia is awesome, I hope they become allies with the Mud Whale so that we see more of them. Ryodari is still alive... I'm praying he'll go back to Falina and understand his wrongdoings. I was only slightly disappointed when he died because his backstory got me to empathize with him so I'm happy he has another chance at redemption... if it's even possible at this point.

Once again, great world building. This show still has my favorite setting of the season.
Dec 11, 2017 7:22 PM

Jun 2008
Suou is such a good boy and the ultimate bishonen.
Dec 11, 2017 7:29 PM

Dec 2016
I knew that bastard Ryodari/Liontari would still be alive and want revenge, I said before they should have finished him off, friendship speeches won't work on him.

Kokalo is what exactly?

So even this show gets fanservice.

That was pretty funny with Suou and the visiting girls, beautiful naked man lol.

I can't believe he was able to remember a name instantly like that lol.

So do they hate the food or what?

I am rather worried as to why Lykos is suddenly acting weird, I think it's something more than just home sickness.

I was wondering if we would see Ema together with Kokalo, and now we know what it's purpose is.
Dec 11, 2017 7:43 PM
Jun 2015
Magic seashell in the previous episode is actually a neko, bunny, rodent that literally is a glorified navigation device for the mud whale. The Smug pink loli with her failed debut single doesn't seem to be a trustworthy character and probably will be a villain in the future based on her unsettling laughs. Also a new faction appears and tries to takeover the mud whale by force. After a quick surrender they quickly become allies just because. Also the apathetic military faction has jesters and pink hair guy is alive. This anime never fails to disappoint with its lack luster world building.
Dec 11, 2017 10:20 PM

Apr 2016
Finally some new faces!

And girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 11, 2017 10:24 PM
Nov 2016
Thank God Ouni is fine, he is the single good character in the show.

The scene with the kids seeing him felt nice.

Why's the pink haired douchebag there again? Just die.
Dec 12, 2017 1:25 AM

Jul 2014
For fuck sake, why is the worst character in the entire show still alive? We wasted enough screen time on his "death" last week, only for them to spite us and have him somehow, despite all logic, still be alive. Pointless fanservice was also not needed, and the world building was disappointing.

Yep, this show is going off the rails, it would seem.
Dec 12, 2017 7:34 AM

Sep 2016
as usual, chakuro's line this week: "LYKOS!"
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 12, 2017 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
Ryodari still alive ? Ok I wasn't expecting that,but this way he might get the development I wished for him,it doesn't look like there's much to save,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 12, 2017 10:41 AM

Dec 2014
wellI guess this episode was a little breather... two episodes to go
Dec 12, 2017 11:03 AM

Jan 2014
Wow who the hell lives being suffocated by sand lmao.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 12, 2017 11:26 AM

Oct 2008
Shuan still badass as ever!
Ryodari is still alive and wants to have more fun killing everyone at Falaina...
3/5.

Dec 12, 2017 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
Welp, I had a feeling that Ryodari would be alive and I was right. Although, his request to go back to Falaina was denied and he'll be forced into a jester role against his wishes. For him, that would probably be worse than death.

The new visitors that came to explore Falaina was welcomed by Suou, who was nude at the time. His charm somehow worked on the female guards, amusingly, but after the slightly arrogant leader of the group, Amonlogia, proclaimed to take over Falaina, the islanders had other ideas and put his idea to bed for good.

Then came along the feast scene as he and his allies ate the lot, despite calling the food bad. XD

Chakuro encountered Ema once again and showcased what Kokalo was able to do by giving Falaina a new direction in the ocean to travel down. Now if only we can find out what's bothering Lykos next week.

Overall, this was a pretty good episode. =)

@Atavistic Chakuro did explain about the usage of the baths thoroughly and the scene showcased both male and female islanders using the baths in question. At least it led to the interesting introduction of the new set of characters and with Suou in his, ahem, birthday suit, it made the scene more amusing. Not exactly pointless, but that's my opinion though. =/
Dec 12, 2017 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
How is this show going to wrap everything up with only 2 episodes left?

Sucks that the pink hair guy is still alive. What's the point in even bringing him back? Show's almost over.
Dec 12, 2017 11:15 PM
Oct 2017
It's already episode 10 and i'm still not emotionally connected to this series.
How many people are there on this tiny sand ship... There have been 2 slaughters already... And it's still bustling with characters all over...? There is no sense of consequences in this show.
Also, pink haired is still around, nobody knows how. I doubt they had the strengh to make it back to mothership by themselves *heavy sigh* whatever at this point

The only thing that feels genuine in the whole show is Chakuro innocently blinking at the sky at the end of the opening, that's the only moment that makes me experience an emotion.

I almost forgot, we got yet another psycho-cliche-laugh with eyepatch dude. It feels entirely unnecessary so far, as if the show was simply trying to tick edginess boxes or something

Apparently the new obnoxious character is going to provide tension with lycos ("LYCOSU !!" – Chakuro 2017), why not skip the goofy (:annoying) parts and jump to this interesting shadow of plot instead ?

I did appreciate the charming Suou moment because at this point it's refreshing to show naked men in anime because it statistically never happens (let alone seductively)
Dec 13, 2017 5:51 AM
Apr 2016
Finally a rogue kingdom appears! Time for politics 'n friendship.
Re:formed
Dec 13, 2017 9:32 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Of fucking course Ryodari is still alive, jesus christ.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 13, 2017 2:01 PM

Nov 2014
That Ryodari annoying character looks like he is in for a fate worse than death surviving only to become an unwilling participant in a jester rape harem?

This show is a mess and a bit sick.
Dec 13, 2017 7:12 PM

Jul 2016
Episode 10... yet no emotional connection with the plot or the characters, sorry. The show really makes it difficult for me to feel anything when they take out all the seriousness from one episode to the next one (force ourselves to cry to fill the lake/pool/bathtub... really?).
Dec 13, 2017 10:06 PM

Jan 2015
Seriously? "Milk scent on the air", "Leader of the Naked Tribe". But thankfully the Captain came at the right time.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 14, 2017 5:25 AM

Jul 2015
Milk... Naked People... What a strange combination. Anyway, a fun, more relaxed episode which was kind of needed. Been through quite a lot up to this point.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 14, 2017 12:07 PM

Mar 2017
Mormegil said:
How is this show going to wrap everything up with only 2 episodes left?

Sucks that the pink hair guy is still alive. What's the point in even bringing him back? Show's almost over.

I feel the same way. The intention may have been to have 2 seasons, but I kinda doubt it will come back for another season.

I liked the episode and I was definitely happy to have see the Mud Whale have happiness again, I felt emotionally drained from all the fighting and death. However it was a VERY sharp transition from last episode.

Similar to most of the other episodes there was a lot of introduction with no designated point to where it will lead us. Like Shuan, what's the deal there? Why bring Ryodari back? Ema didn't reveal anything about the Mud Whale's past/secrets before disappearing.

Also I feel like there wasn't much resolve. Hopefully in the last two episodes questions about Ouni can be answered and the question about why the marked have such short lives can be answered...
Dec 14, 2017 12:47 PM

Mar 2009
@miyuki_mitsuko it definitely feels like there should be more to the series. Maybe it was originally planned for 2-cour? Who knows really. I just don't see how they can finish everything in 2 episodes. We still don't know a lot about the world, even.
Dec 14, 2017 1:20 PM

Mar 2017
@mormegil I mean the ratings aren't totally garbage, like even the MAL ratings are still at 7.8ish... Maybe it will have more?
Dec 14, 2017 4:53 PM

Apr 2009
How are there so many people left on the Mud Whale, it's a tiny as fuck island and last episode showed a massacre. Just how many people are on that damn island???

Dec 15, 2017 3:20 PM

Dec 2016
I mean we pretty much all knew Liontari wasn't dead. Especially because of how prominently he was shown up to that point
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 15, 2017 5:14 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't expect Ryodari to be alive.

Ginshu in the bath. :) :)

That new dude who tried to invade Failaina got wrecked bad. xD
So Kokalo controls the direction of the ship?
Dec 17, 2017 2:35 AM
Mar 2017
it's Peter Pan! Who else did Peter Pan remember? LOL
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 21, 2017 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
They really used too big a cast, we get so many scenes between characters we don't care a thing about.

Second half felt like a BD bonus commentary skit(cue MMR), which was, well, fairly entertaining, but a bit worrying considering this is two weeks away from a finale.
Dec 24, 2017 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
Ryodari is still alive...

So now we have some new characters from a different country. The leader of the group was quite reckless trying to take over the island with few people.

Dec 25, 2017 3:32 AM

Jun 2016
Damn. Captain Shuan is a lowkey kuudere? His wife killed herself, but why? Because of Shuan acting like he doesn't care about her or another reason like she's scared of their enemy?

Thank, kami-sama, this a pretty warm episode and not full of violence because the Mud Whale folks need peace for a long time.

What on earth is Lykos' brother again? And what's wrong with being his jester? And what the hell that asshole of a kid is still alive? I thought Shuan and those kids killed him. Lmao.

The quality of animation during the people playing in the water scene was so beautiful, like whoa. The color of that water is wow. That blue color huhu. ;-;

New people came to Mud Whale and was a stranger to their island, but seems like they're nice people.

Excuse me, y'all, Suou is such a gorgeous man with his hair laid down. WAAAAAAH. Stop messing with me, chief. Jesus Christ that glorious beauty. It's hilarious that those people find him beautiful, too. Hahaha. So fucking gorgeous. Stooop. He introduced himself with them naked. Waaah. His dong is showing. Hahahaha. And those folks have weapons with them, but no ability to use Thyma.

These new people are so adorable. Haha. Their leader detests milk, but lowkey likes it. Haha. It'll be much more awesome if he's voiced by OnoD then Shuan and him will always have a catfight. Hahaha.

What the heck is Kokalo again? What. So confused. So, they can change course with the help of Kokalo? Tasuketeeeee!

5/5. ❤

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 1, 2018 6:54 AM
Sep 2017
I have no idea where this story is going. 2 episodes left........also I can't remember many animes with more annoying characters than Chakuro and Shou. I hate them so much. Makes it hard to get invested in this show. Their whole personality and the way they think is just plain stupid.
Jan 9, 2018 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
I was not expecting the Lion guy to be alive.
Now Falaina can choose their path.
Mar 10, 2018 8:52 PM

May 2012
Another fantastic episode, really makes you think on a more global scale! Looking forwards to see what's next!
Mar 26, 2018 4:51 PM

Jan 2012
well... that was awkward.
Apr 13, 2018 9:32 PM

Dec 2012
Sienna took her own life?
Dem tears. lol at him asking who are you?
Kaasan?
Kicha watching Ouni.
Back away from Kicha, Suou.
Masoo's hand.
WTF! It's alive?
The cute girl lived.
Liodari lives.
Become a jester.
SUGOI! Dem side oppai's! All dem bodies! Dat Ginshu top oppai.
Somethings coming.
The first thing this guy says is why it smells like milk. lol
WTF! Why would Suou jump out naked?
Smoove Suou making that girl blush. That woman in blue is fine. Nice oppai.
Her name is Phone? lol
Suou making that older woman blush and call him a beautiful nudist. Smoove Suou.
Long ass name. Even his comrades said it.
Hold up. Why Suou covered up his chest rather than his dick?
You better surrender. I don't want to see a new waifu die.
Let's sing the tsundere song..
Kokalo ran to Ema.
WTF!
Well, a magical girl entering your ear at night is better than a centipede.

Sienna taking her own life came as a surprise.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 29, 2019 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
Suou is such a hottie! If I saw him standing naked in front of me, I'd simply melt! His smile alone is enough for me though.

Some people from another land have visited the Mud Whale. They don't seem to be bad people, but their superior is a bit of an airhead, lol. Hopefully, they'll form an alliance.

Mr. Pink Bangs is alive? How is that even possible?

Aug 25, 2020 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Quite sad to know Sienna took her own life, Shuan better realise why he teared up there.
Hol up that dog Ryodari gets to live... time for Mud whale people to teach him some more lessons
The new people may have been rude in trying to take over the island but they don't seem that bad, hope they can become offical allies

Mar 26, 2021 11:26 AM

May 2015
Oh no this annoying kid is alive.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 21, 2021 11:09 PM

Feb 2014
Wait, so all the secrets that Ema was planning to show Chakuro was that the Mud Whale couldn't be steered bc it didn't have Kokalo...? That's it...? Like, I guess that's pretty important, but I was hoping for a bit more...

A new country arrived and wants to take over the Mud Whale, but they seem like all talk since they can't really do anything without Thymia

WHAT Liontari is alive??? uggggggh :/ Maybe there will be another battle
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2021 10:08 AM

Jun 2016
So what Chakuro received last episode was, in fact, a helm to steer the Mud Whale. The sinner's ship finally has a new direction in which it can go.

Can't say I was expecting what could be considered a hot spring segment in this ep, alongside the sudden arrival of visitors, on an island that hasn't seen life for decades -apparently.

Lykos seems to have some sort of issue with the new arrival. Maybe something to do with the past or, presumably, something her brother did. Seems like they'll come to some kind of confrontation next ep, going by the preview.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.