Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 22, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interviews in a nutshell. This episode explores a more serious side to the professional working environment. Seeing Nene is a suit is quite something though.

I also did like how the episode had more casual conversations between co-workers while drinking as well. Also starting to like Shizuku for some reason now. Nice to see Momiji and Narumi getting some screen time.
Aug 22, 2017 6:32 AM

Apr 2010
Aoba became the sister of the main character of a well known light novel and it's anime adaption!!
The new characters seem nice tho one of them is a bit shy maybe stoic would be a better way to describe her.
I was waiting for this after reading it in the manga.
Also Christina's misunderstanding was funny as well tho it got solved eventually.
The cat helped out a lot even if she fell over.

Nene's job interview was priceless as well.
AversaAug 22, 2017 8:52 AM
Aug 22, 2017 7:13 AM

Jan 2012
Fuck yeah! Best-girl Nenecchi's back! XD Nifty new ed too.
animefan8800Aug 22, 2017 7:23 AM
Aug 22, 2017 7:38 AM
May 2016
I mentioned last week that I had high hopes that Nene would start her work back at the office and that the new girls would finally get introduced. Well fair to say I feel like some kind of soothsaying genius now cause the plot is finally moving along to a point where the OP makes complete sense!

In all seriousness though this was a fun episode. I'm kinda digging Nene dressed in a suit I reckon she looks good <3

Also, I'm gonna miss the four main girls sitting together, now that Hifumin is moving next to Ko. There's just something about that dynamic that worked, and you grow with it as the series goes along. Hifumi, baby, don't hesitate to pop in constantly to keep an eye on your team ^_^
Aug 22, 2017 8:02 AM

Jul 2016
Another great episode. The interview was just as funny as it was in the manga. The part with with Christina asking Kou to do the exclusive magazine art was handled extremely well; I didn't know how the anime would handle it since Mozuku was already introduced. The new employees are fun too. You finally get to see Momo and Naru during an episode. They make a nice edition to the team. The episode does a great job of showing that the company isn't stagnant.

Aug 22, 2017 8:12 AM

Jun 2012
Congratulations Nenecchi, that interview was so sweet :) Aoba Suzumiya, that had to be intentional :) Really like new girls, looking forward to see how they will interact with others .
Aug 22, 2017 8:20 AM

Feb 2016
They dragged 7 episodes just to start the main plot of this 2nd season... Okay...

at least new stuff is happening now and the development is noticeable
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 22, 2017 8:21 AM

Sep 2008
This seemed like a transitional episode, bridging the first and second halves of the season. It was mainly about the new hires. Of course we were expecting Nene to come back and I loved her interview scene. Nene even looks good in a suit.

Regarding the other 2 new girls, they seem OK to me but New Game!! already had enough characters imo and this probably means less screen time for popular characters like Hifumi, who has had a limited presence the last 2 episodes, and is also now moving out of the quad. But more Hifimi on screen means more happy fans, right?

Also Christina now seems like a regular. Well I guess they needed someone to ship Shizuku with lol.

When Momo misunderstood Aoba's last name as Suzumiya, I thought they should have shown Aoba (in Momo's mind) dressed in Haruhi cosplay which would have been pretty funny.

Overall it was another good episode, other than the fact the character list has gotten even longer and there are only 5 episodes to go. But 5/5 for my fav show of the season.
Aug 22, 2017 8:23 AM

Feb 2016
Aversa said:
Aobo became the sister of the main character of a well known light novel and it's anime adaption!!

Did you mean Aoba?

btw, is someone getting some errors while trying to post a comment in the forums?
~Blackwall
Aug 22, 2017 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
HereticHunter said:
Aversa said:
Aobo became the sister of the main character of a well known light novel and it's anime adaption!!

Did you mean Aoba?

btw, is someone getting some errors while trying to post a comment in the forums?
Yes i mean Aoba but made a typo it's corrected now.
And we all make errors from time to time it's proof that we are human.
Aug 22, 2017 9:11 AM

Jul 2015
So Christina's sister works for Ubisoft? Ayyy

I love how aware is Aoba of possible Yagami without pants.

New characters! Let's see how that affects to the groups dynamics.
Aug 22, 2017 9:17 AM

Jun 2015
I'm happy for Nene. She's going to work part-time at Eagle Jump. She wanted to work there because she enjoyed her time as a debugger. Her interview was funny. Christina is getting along well with the character design team. She was afraid they still don't like her. The company got new employees. Momo and Aoba are very similar. Let's see what they're capable of.
Aug 22, 2017 9:21 AM

Dec 2014
Aoba finally gets a rival of her age, this is going to be interesting~ Nenecchi managed to get hired too!
Aug 22, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
Nenecchi getting the job and new the girls arrive.
Aug 22, 2017 9:55 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Nenechi's interview was pretty fun, glad she got the job xD

New girls arrive, Aoba's gonna have some rivalry now. Ko's right, this is gonna be messy. xD
Aug 22, 2017 10:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
By skipping the prequel volume we're now almost caught up to the manga scans all of a sudden

Wasn't expecting a new ED all of a sudden either
Aug 22, 2017 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
Ahh...that feeling when getting new intern in your company and you have to guide them. I know that feeling too when intern came to work in my company.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 22, 2017 12:08 PM

Jun 2017
New employees galore!!!

Glad to see Nene get a job at the company again. Looks like she will have her work cut out for her.

I do not expect we will be seeing to much focus on Narumi since she is not part of the character team.

Momiji on the other hand, it is going to be interesting to see how she interacts with the team. She has a lot in common with Aoba but seems to dislike her style. It will be interesting to see how this goes.
Aug 22, 2017 12:16 PM

Dec 2013
I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I FRIGGIN LOVE IT!

Nene joins the company on a part time basis and we now get two new girls in each department. I get the feeling that Narumi is going to be partnered with Nene a lot after this, considering the later is still very very lacking in practical skills. Oh but that trolling by Ahagon for her interview was golden!

Momiji seems like she'll be a bit of a tsun-ditz. Trying to look like a cool rival for Yagami's approval, but forgetting Aoba's family name was funny. I get the feeling that her world is gonna come crashing down once she finds out Yagami's true nature XD

Sooo looking forward to more interactions from everyone next episode. Oh, and love the new ED.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 22, 2017 12:24 PM

Nov 2008
@Hexblood Hmm not sure I would say Dislikes her as much as Instantly rivaled her.. After all they are the same age and Aoba is coming from highschool (like Ko) and is the Main character designer - despite slight deceptive marketing . So its less Dislike and more .. different personality type who has the same 'starting' goal as Aoba and wants to be 'Be like Ko'

Also i found the way they handled Christinas scene with Mozuku well done anime wise seeing as in the manga it was the cats 'introduction' And yeah they a good job adapting it in in a different way.

Also great for Aoba to have Nene join when she did; you could tell the issue was certainly still on her mind (As it was handled so poorly by both publisher and dev companies >>) . A big spirit lift for Aoba
Aug 22, 2017 12:33 PM

Feb 2014
Nene looked pretty smart and cute in that suit of hers. Either way, I'm glad that she'll be working at Eagle Jump once again. =D

As for the other new recruits, I like both Narumi and Momiji. Narumi has that happy-go-lucky personality that appeals to me, so I will be enjoying her appearances. Momiji's already treating Aoba, her sensei, has her internal rival after finding out that PECO's character designer is Aoba and not her idol, Yagami.

It was amusing that she got Aoba's surname wrong and her reaction to her mistake was really cute. For a second, I really wanted Aoba to be wearing Haruhi Suzumiya's uniform. =P

And I'm not forgetting Christina, who still feels guilty for the key visual saga a few episodes back, but I'm glad that Aoba and co aren't holding any grudges to her whatsoever. Her scene Mozuku the cat was very funny. =3

Nice episode overall and I'm liking the new ED song. Hopefully it won't be a one-off.
Aug 22, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
New girls inbound eh? Oh boy, gonna be interesting to see how the vibe gets shaken up plus Nene is gonna be around more? Things are looking interesting.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 22, 2017 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
New girl was annoying...

4/5
Aug 22, 2017 1:22 PM
Jul 2017
Good episode but im gonna miss the first ED :( (but i do like the new one tho)
Aug 22, 2017 1:24 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nene got a job in the company! That was an emotional moment, Umiko helped her and thinks a lot of her at this point, so heartwarming. Umiko must have grown attached a lot to her.

Christina is a fun person, a little introverted but fun. The character team and her were able to speak to each other despite the key visual incident, they probably forgot about it already :)

The new internship duo was alright, need more on them obviously.
Aug 22, 2017 1:24 PM

May 2015
As if the place wasn't lively enough, more employees are joining! Which means more yuri moments as well. I approve <3.

Anyway, great episode. I like the new ED as well. Catchy as usual.

Aug 22, 2017 1:51 PM

Nov 2016
HereticHunter said:
Aversa said:

Did you mean Aoba?

Yeah, I tried to post two times in AD, but it didn't work :S

OT:

Very nice episode again, this season surpasses the previous one in many aspects.

Nenecchi getting the job was such a joyful moment and we also got two other new employees. So Aoba became a senpai after all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2017
I thought the new girl (Momo) was going to be just a Hifumin rehash, but it is nice we have a tsundere, rival character now.
あなたは誰?
Aug 22, 2017 5:21 PM

Oct 2014
Oh hey look Midori has just jumped dimension.

So... Kou still feels sad about the chara design competition result?
Good. While I praised last episode for its impact in developing Aoba as a character, I was still upset about how it ignored the fact that Kou never really come to terms with... her own feelings.
I certainly hope we can see a conclusion to that before this season ends.
Aug 22, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2017
inb4 aoba suzumiya
Aug 22, 2017 6:06 PM

Jul 2015
Shed a tear at how beautiful that interview was :')
I need a programming senpai like that in my life TT ^ TT
☆ V E L V E T  (ハジメました) feel free to add/comment!

anime_list | BN_ID: #1404 | LoL: mmredvelvet

let's eat good food and play games together ~
Aug 22, 2017 6:10 PM

Dec 2016
Nene actually did really well during that interview, looking forward to see more of her working at the company.

Nice to see some new character also.

That new ending was pretty good.

Aug 22, 2017 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
HereticHunter said:
They dragged 7 episodes just to start the main plot of this 2nd season... Okay...

I'm not quite sure why you think nothing has happened in the last 6 episodes. For a SOL office comedy there has been a lot of plot going on.
Aug 22, 2017 6:28 PM

Nov 2008
Revvie-chan said:

Good. While I praised last episode for its impact in developing Aoba as a character, I was still upset about how it ignored the fact that Kou never really come to terms with... her own feelings.

it would appear its less her feeling bad about the design comp. As that was more seemingly resolved by discussing her 'frustration' with Rin; and then honestly going to Aoba and working with her ; the current unpleasantness was more over the fact that the company itself did very little to 'support' Aoba when under publisher pressure? (As there were ways t hey could have gone along with the publisher while more or less not running over there best up and coming artist not named Yagami Kou
Aug 22, 2017 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
this show keeps getting better each week knew momo was gonna be a rival once i saw her admiring Yagami's work

Nene matured couple of moe years wearing that suit glad shes on the team now.

unexpected Christina being a nice girl

feel like things are gonna get chaotic now lol

more waifus than you can handle
Aug 22, 2017 6:47 PM

Feb 2016
scruffykiwi said:
HereticHunter said:

I'm not quite sure why you think nothing has happened in the last 6 episodes. For a SOL office comedy there has been a lot of plot going on.

Because plot wise nothing relevant has happened yet, at least not that much, just moe interaction between characters (there are just a very few moments of plot that are actually relevant to the story) if you consider that plot, that means there is something wrong with this anime. is not that I dislike it, but if they were going to make cute girls doing cute stuff as a second season, I would rather watch it as some bundled specials instead of doing that on a second season. (and yeah, I've seen SoL anime that has an actual plot and doesn't go fooling around heading nowhere)

PD: just watching more of the same with no progression is just plain boring
~Blackwall
Aug 22, 2017 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
Nenecchi actually looks like an adult in a suit.
Aug 22, 2017 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
Nenecchi is Aoba's sun.

And 2 new girls, was wondering when we were gonna get them. Hopefully she doesn't cause too much drama, she looks like someone who might start something.
Aug 22, 2017 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
HereticHunter said:

Because plot wise nothing relevant has happened yet, at least not that much, just moe interaction between characters (there are just a very few moments of plot that are actually relevant to the story) if you consider that plot, that means there is something wrong with this anime.

Nothing relevant?? Relevant to what? What "story" are you talking about?? There is no "story" as such in a SOL. A year has passed, a new game is started on. Office roles have changed. Characters are learning new things. Life goes on. That's how "life" works. If you're waiting for some big overarching story then you're watching the wrong show.
Aug 22, 2017 7:40 PM

Sep 2016
Christine's sister works at Ubishit yuck!!
and new ending song, i know that one it comes in the same Single folder with the ed song
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 22, 2017 7:50 PM

Oct 2014
sirwence said:
Revvie-chan said:

it would appear its less her feeling bad about the design comp. As that was more seemingly resolved by discussing her 'frustration' with Rin; and then honestly going to Aoba and working with her ; the current unpleasantness was more over the fact that the company itself did very little to 'support' Aoba when under publisher pressure? (As there were ways t hey could have gone along with the publisher while more or less not running over there best up and coming artist not named Yagami Kou

well, yeah, the steering committee is f***ed up definitely (which is very Japanese business world lol)
But I think we shouldn't blame Shizuku or anyone in Eagle Jump. It's a very competitive industry, and Shizuku knows if she had pressed against the publishers' will, she might lose not only their support for this one PECO game, but also their support towards Eagle Jump in the long run.
(Well, tbh it's the same case as the one Japanese "otaku" industry faces today lol)

but I was talking about how Kou hasn't really come to terms with it.

damn I love it when production puts so much details to emphasize the difference between characters. Sasuga everyone.
Revvie-chanAug 22, 2017 7:55 PM
Aug 22, 2017 8:21 PM

Apr 2016
I wonder if we'll be getting volume 5 as a (hopefully extended) special sometime after this season ends.
Aug 22, 2017 9:36 PM

Sep 2013
4/5- I like the new ED more than the last one, though I'm not sure if I like it more than the 1st season's.

Damn, a lot of things are happening this episode. Nene gets an interview and a job! I can't contain my excitement knowing that Nene is going to be around Umiko and Aoba more. She looks so mature in her interview attire.

Also, Yamato seems pretty interesting. Glad she's closer to the team now. Those two new hires are going to be interesting. I thought it was adorable that Aoba was trying to be a good senpai for the new hirees.

Things should be interesting with Aoba Black Mochizuki and Aoba working together.
TehSnawnAug 22, 2017 9:42 PM

Aug 22, 2017 10:46 PM

Aug 2008
Nice new ending song.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 22, 2017 11:03 PM

Nov 2008
@Revvie-chan Well I am not 'blaming them' I admit to being disappointed in a group of people who have 8+ years experiences and so little 'think on ones feet' ability - I wasn't saying oppose the Publisher as I very well know they couldnt' . However There were ways in company to make it seem less like a steam roller ; involve her in the process (her art shows she has the skill to be involved) to at least get observational study and co op under Kou and learn and not more or less be sidelined. (just a thought) but getting all that experience from eagle jump to sit at a table and the only one who has an idea; to get her more experience in the field is a 19 year old 'newbie' kinda you know..Bleh ?
Aug 23, 2017 4:43 AM
Jun 2016
I think this was a great episode. The past couple have been a bit more serious so I'm glad we have some light-hearted stuff again.

Nene actually looks great with that hairstyle and a suit. I'm glad she and Aoba will get to work together. It's also nice to see Yamato getting along with Aoba and the rest of the team. She came off as slightly antagonistic last episode but I understand it was all business.

It seems like Ko still has some lingering feelings about Aoba being the main character designer. The new girls are cute (is there a girl on this show who isn't?) and it's really endearing to see Aoba getting all worked up about being a senpai. Momizi appears to have some tsundere-like traits so it'll be interesting to see how she gets along with Aoba.
dqtl74Aug 23, 2017 4:46 AM
Aug 23, 2017 5:53 AM

Mar 2008
Aoba's drawing is still better than Kou's. I'm gonna be salty about this for a while. Anyways, Glad to see Nene get hired and the new character additions.
Aug 23, 2017 9:40 AM

Feb 2016
scruffykiwi said:
HereticHunter said:

Because plot wise nothing relevant has happened yet, at least not that much, just moe interaction between characters (there are just a very few moments of plot that are actually relevant to the story) if you consider that plot, that means there is something wrong with this anime.

Nothing relevant?? Relevant to what? What "story" are you talking about?? There is no "story" as such in a SOL. A year has passed, a new game is started on. Office roles have changed. Characters are learning new things. Life goes on. That's how "life" works. If you're waiting for some big overarching story then you're watching the wrong show.

lmao, let me point what I mean with a different setting... I.E Saekano (wich premise is quite similar of making a game, but in this case a Visual Novel game) where the first season were just full of ecchi jokes while having slow progression of the main premise, but the second season were different, more serious and the plot was heading somewhere. (yes I know that it might be stupid to compare em)

What I meant on this second season of New Game, is that they are using the same doses of irrelevant moe stuff, which they could easily bundle them with the 1st Season BD, mostly because it makes the progression quite really slow and having the same "cute girls doing cute stuff" formula can get old pretty fast. now, I'm not saying that it makes this show bad or that I don't enjoy it. I'm actually praising it because it is finally doing new stuff and the plot is moving faster, so that definitely doesn't mean that this show isn't for me, I've watched other SoL anime with a really simple plot that manages to accomplish its purpose with a plot that heads somewhere while doing heartwarming scenes and funny moments.

what this anime needed was the past episode, and this one (and very few moments of the other episodes) in order to head somewhere (but I bet that it will be the same as the first season) on the first season, I felt the finale to be quite dull due to the lack of development and build up... at least that is what I felt, maybe I was expecting way too much, maybe you don't feel the same way I did, but there are others that thinks the same as me, there must be a reason for that... anyway, have a good day
~Blackwall
Aug 23, 2017 11:30 AM

Nov 2014
My favourite episode from this season. Reminded me why I liked first one so much. Cute, heartwarming and funny.
Aug 23, 2017 11:52 AM
Nov 2016
Pretty solid episode, glad to see that Nenecchi finally joins eaglejump.

Looks like Aoba has a rival.

That awkward executive was pretty funny.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

160 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 27, 4:31 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2017

80 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 27, 1:38 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

84 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 25, 1:37 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2017

100 by kitoha »»
Apr 21, 8:29 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2017

87 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.