Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 7, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was amusing. A lot of Lilina this episode and we got some lessons for the marriage partners.

I can't help but laugh when they were talking about sex lol.
Well at least they are learning even if it was awkward. The delusions were so obvious tbh. Neji you perverted bastard
Aug 7, 2017 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was really funny, Lilina's reaction at the condom was just great she even smelled it.
The video must have been a show to pretty much everyone in the room but the moment special course was mentioned it seemed obvious they where heading in this reaction.

On the other hand Lilina's fantasies seem to have gotten more intense making her feelings obvious tho i wonder if she is realising it herself.
Also the question now is what will happen in the room since it's clear what they are supposed to be doing in it.
The room looks like that of a love hotel.
Aug 7, 2017 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
To Bang or Not to Bang that is the question

Well Neji looked like he was going for it at the end there but we will have to wait for next weeks episode to find out if anything will happen.

Regardless the anime has now added a mysterious vibe around the government overseeing these matches and their development...very interesting
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 7, 2017 10:38 AM

Mar 2017
Not enough Nisaka in this ep... Ririna still best girl. I guess it was okay.
Aug 7, 2017 12:17 PM
Aug 2017
Does anyone know when the next episode comes out?
Aug 7, 2017 12:19 PM

Aug 2013
"Which girl is the correct choice?". That's a big question that official threw at Nejima. That's a question no one can answer.

The government is making these teen bang in their own building. Nejima was gullible believing they are being watched.

Lilina is clearly developing feelings for Nejima. She's pure and innocent judging from her reaction in this episode.

Aug 7, 2017 12:25 PM

Jul 2015
THINGS ARE MOVING TOO FAST! THIS ANIME EATS MY HEART OUT EVERY WEEK AN EPISODE COMES OUT!! I've gotten light headed..
Aug 7, 2017 12:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is absolutely absurd! What a crazy system, they're not fucking around with this. I was actually quite immersed in this.

Nejima and Lilina obviously quite shaken by the awkward sex class. Lilina begins to realize her feelings!

That was quite the experience.
Aug 7, 2017 12:47 PM

Nov 2016
Shit just got real lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 7, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2015
So if they don't bang, then they will get penalized. The lecture was all about sex. Neji is getting anxious because he thinks the government is watching them. He's going for it at the end. Lilina is surprised. She's beginning to realize her feelings for him. Got to watch the next episode if they're actually going to do it.
Aug 7, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2014
Why haven't I had such a lecture about love and sex at high school? Damn it... Have to admit that was a funny scene.

But I mean guys, the thing is serious... You can regard it as an unusual but scientistic way of helping young 16 years old to find their eternal love or as a ultra-modern way of teenager prostitution and oppression to sex.

This is even more weird then the arranged marriages in the strict religions we have and where I am against up. This goes even further. I would see me as a revolutionary in that system or at least not care about the penalties.

But I can't deny that still I want to know what Neji will do next and how this whole love story will end.

Now what will Neji du? Bang or not to bang, that is the question. A mate above already quoted it, was the same thing that went through my head after finishig this weird-funny episode.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Aug 7, 2017 1:01 PM

Oct 2016
Damn this episode was hilarious. Ririna's too pure man

Anyone else theorizing this? Nejima's in some sort of government experiment. Whether love from your own will or your assigned partner is overall better for you and will win in the end. They're trying to see if "The Red Strings of Science" is true or not.

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Aug 7, 2017 1:08 PM
Nov 2016
I mean... I guess they could just say they're not ready and wanna save it for their wedding night? Awful how they pressure these teenagers into sex
Aug 7, 2017 1:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode/anime is just out of control lol....I felt so uncomfortable just watching these kids go through this xD

But the way the red haired government girl talked about sex kinda turned me on......I wish I had someone like her as my partner if I were in this show ;)

And poor Neji.....Ririna is right here being beyond cute but at the same time Misaka/Bae is where his heart truly belongs >.<
Aug 7, 2017 1:56 PM
May 2011
The cringe meter this episode...

At first it was
[#########_]

but then climbed to
[##########]

and became the highest I have ever seen.
<No idea found. Did you spell idea wrong?>
Aug 7, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2010
The workings of propaganda and brainwashing at the limits of human rights going full throttle.
Aug 7, 2017 2:10 PM

Apr 2017
animeguyanimrguy said:

From now exactly in 6d 17h and 50min
Aug 7, 2017 2:11 PM

Mar 2013
This is so ridiculous, holy shit. There's so many opportunities for this story to be actually decent, like if they bothered to address how this doesn't comply with basic human rights laws and how LGBT people are being forced into straight marriages if they want to have any form of real life, but... nah, let's just make it "boohoo this boring brown haired boy can't choose between two girls :(" instead. Even the only actually gay character they have is getting swept under the rug.
Aug 7, 2017 2:37 PM

Nov 2014
Such a funny episode until Random Dude came over and messed with Yukari's head. Who in the hell was he anyway? Yukari better not "lose control" with Ririna now...
Aug 7, 2017 2:45 PM

Oct 2016
This isn't okay. They force high schoolers to fuck each other and watch it on camera? Is this a fucked up hentai?
Warning: Loli is loyal, and may become aggressive.
Aug 7, 2017 2:47 PM

Oct 2016
straggy said:
This is so ridiculous, holy shit. There's so many opportunities for this story to be actually decent, like if they bothered to address how this doesn't comply with basic human rights laws and how LGBT people are being forced into straight marriages if they want to have any form of real life, but... nah, let's just make it "boohoo this boring brown haired boy can't choose between two girls :(" instead. Even the only actually gay character they have is getting swept under the rug.

Do you really think this story could manage to be decent? Sure, it could be much better, but I think any version would be pretty ridiculous honestly.
Aug 7, 2017 2:51 PM

Apr 2017
This episode added that little bit of edge to the show.
Aug 7, 2017 3:41 PM
Jan 2016
animeguyanimrguy said:

isn't it obvious that it is coming on next monday(15th august)/ wait 7 days from now
Aug 7, 2017 3:55 PM

Feb 2016
I'm starting to dislike the system of this Anime, not the anime itself of course. but wow... I mean forcing teens to procreate in order to save japan population, too bad that society itself is the one at fault for bringing unnatural relations between beings of the same gender AND the fact that society itself don't seem to like the Idea of sticking with only 1 partner... this anime hits hard on that topic, so cruel, yet so necessary to break a lot of taboos nowadays
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 7, 2017 3:57 PM

Mar 2013
HDMaster said:
straggy said:

Do you really think this story could manage to be decent? Sure, it could be much better, but I think any version would be pretty ridiculous honestly.

Yeah, if it actually like... owned how ridiculous it is. Right now it's just acting like these ridiculous aspects are normal for the sake of rushing this forced romance drama. If this was framed more as some sort of over the top dystopia-style story, it could work.
Aug 7, 2017 4:00 PM

May 2015
Oh wow, the government even goes as far as demonstrating and guiding them into having sex. Not sure what to think of this. The fact that there's a penalty if they don't and the possibility of them watching/listening during the act makes it all the more forced and creepy as well. Yikes.

Great episode despite that though.

Aug 7, 2017 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
Fuck you Liden Films! You are destroying suspense of the story by including story elements that should have been hidden for many many more chapters FOR A REASON! It's like telling a detective story with revealing culprit upfront ffs!

First Yuusuke's secret and than this. Shuu's identity and relation to the story shouldn't be revealed so early! Some following story elements won't work properly this way!

Also, why inserting opening fanservice to the point where it doesn't even make any sense? (at this point Ririna still wasn't conscious of Yukari or had any feelings to him so she wouldn't even have such dreams). Inventing things that weren't in the manga is great way to go, really *sigh* At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we got anime original ending. This adaptation is a mess.

Well, it wasn't bad episode per se, but whole government instruction session scene had a lot more tension in the manga. And that cliffhanger probably wasn't even necessary although I understand why they did it.

Anyway, thinking about what Yajima told him this time, I think realized what the future story would be about.

This is only my guess but I rather put spoiler on it:

So, that's pretty much it, Love and Lies, Koi to Uso, the reason why this series is named like this.
Mich666Aug 7, 2017 4:07 PM
Aug 7, 2017 4:15 PM

May 2016
#teamRirina ITS HAPPENING!!!
Aug 7, 2017 4:35 PM

Oct 2016
straggy said:
HDMaster said:

Yeah, if it actually like... owned how ridiculous it is. Right now it's just acting like these ridiculous aspects are normal for the sake of rushing this forced romance drama. If this was framed more as some sort of over the top dystopia-style story, it could work.

Yeah, you could be right. I'm not saying that ridiculousness in a series is bad, look at Nichijou, or even Monogatari.
Aug 7, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2016
@HDMaster
@Reverberate

Nothing is confirmed...

1.The official guy said "just kidding" so the camera stuff is probably a lie...

2.The penalty thing is just a rumor. Even if rumors in anime are usually true we can just assume this particular one is true as well.

And the most conclusive piece...

3.Nejima probably won't have sex next episode. He doesn't have the guts for it and taking Ririna's virginity would pratically mean she already won in many (mostly japanese) eyes... Hardcore otakus would riot.
And since they won't, how will they deal with the penalty then? Simple, they won't... Cuz there ain't any, nor there's any monitoring.
If they were penalized, the plot would have to take a detour to deal with the new problem.
HyperLAug 8, 2017 12:03 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 7, 2017 5:43 PM

Oct 2008
Question: Does Nejima have the balls to do it? find out next episode! lolz!
if I were inside that visual room, i'd be very awkward! especially with all those people watching also!
looks like the system also knows about Takasaki...
4/5.

Aug 7, 2017 5:45 PM

Nov 2014
Well that escalated, forcing a night together lol
Hi there
Aug 7, 2017 6:38 PM
Aug 2016
I would bang xD legit bang them both and then decide

i know, im a virgin
Aug 7, 2017 6:43 PM

Jun 2015
N-N-N-NANI ALL OF A SUDDEN? TH-TH-TH-THEY'RE 16
Aug 7, 2017 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
we've gone full eugenics always considered the story to be pretty ridiculous but amusing and they've went in this episode , propaganda into having sex and Nisaka is most likely getting some sorta conversion lectures because it's clear they don't want LGBT as assigned marriages.

doubt he'll do anything hes too timid , Daiki on the other hand...
Aug 7, 2017 6:58 PM
May 2017
I hated how it just ended on a cliffhanger. I really wanted at least SOMETHING to happen. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until the next episode to see what happens...
Aug 7, 2017 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
Poor them, it's just horrible.
It's funny how the government assumes everybody want 2.1 kids, be married or is hetero.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
Aug 7, 2017 7:19 PM

Jul 2015
Well, the government sure takes the project seriously.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be to be on their places right now, the condom, the lewd video and now go, do it yourself, wow.
Aug 7, 2017 7:24 PM
Jan 2017
oh man this episode made me wanting to have sex even if i dont have a girlfriend :D
Aug 7, 2017 7:54 PM
Apr 2016
Oh and everyone talking about how the series is bad because it does not portray the suffering of "Rainbow" people (I barfed). Well, the series is focused on how the dystopian government is forcing people into love by science and efficiency, not feelings and emotions. Since skittles can't produce children, they are not exactly worth much for such an efficient and successful society. Boom busted. 2,1 birthrate is not thanks to them, you know.
I get it, I understand it might hurt your Pride, but let's criticize like civilized people, properly: using logic and common sense is a must.
Daniel_NaumovAug 7, 2017 7:57 PM
Re:formed
Aug 7, 2017 8:06 PM
Feb 2010
Daniel_Naumov said:
Oh and everyone talking about how the series is bad because it does not portray the suffering of "Rainbow" people (I barfed). Well, the series is focused on how the dystopian government is forcing people into love by science and efficiency, not feelings and emotions. Since skittles can't produce children, they are not exactly worth much for such an efficient and successful society. Boom busted. 2,1 birthrate is not thanks to them, you know.
I get it, I understand it might hurt your Pride, but let's criticize like civilized people, properly: using logic and common sense is a must.

I barfed at your comment.
Aug 7, 2017 8:07 PM

May 2015
sex ed episode where you'll experience it first hand...

only in anime

Aug 7, 2017 8:30 PM

Jan 2013
Neji's friend and his wife are adorable together especially when they were watching Neji and Ririna
Aug 7, 2017 8:34 PM
Mar 2015
This episode is very painful to both Neji and Lilliana and is about to get even more painful. Everything that guy told Neji is a lie Not sure if it is better to left at the edge of the cliff or to fall over it which is what is about to happen
Aug 7, 2017 8:36 PM

Dec 2014
This is just epic, this show has no boundaries. I can't believe the government actually went through with a sex ed class with practical training XD

Ririna is the best, I loved it when she showed up with her hair down. I love her even more now. <3
Watching her react to the class was so much win, damn you Neji you need to protect this precious girl.

It's nice that Ririna is slowly becoming aware of her feelings , I just hope Neji can respond to them.
Aug 7, 2017 9:03 PM

Dec 2014
well that was something...very adult way to put it...hmm it was something else
Aug 7, 2017 9:03 PM

May 2016
This episode was just WOOW like I don't believe... WOOOW.... I know anything will happen in the next episode and then probably won't have sex, but I didn't expect this...
『  』
Aug 7, 2017 9:18 PM
Dec 2016
Now..we've got to see dat Kofu thing come!

The government-shipper guy's asking about how the show (well,Koi to Uso? XD) should go on...pretty sad for his backstory that they adapt that part bext week.

They cut it!!!!!!
THAT SCENE....*FLIP THE TABLE* how this's become the worst cliffhanger ever..
Aug 7, 2017 9:36 PM

Jun 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:

I agree with this statement. Feelings and emotions wouldn't be so important if, say, you lived in a time or place where not having children meant no one is going to help till your farm when you're too old to do it. Freedom to love whoever you want is possible for most people now because your birth potential is expendable in the big picture.

The backstory of this series is that the Japanese population is already at the brink of non-sustenance, meaning if they don't enforce procreation now, there wouldn't be enough people to run the industries or economy. The talk about true love, high happiness, low divorce rates, etc. are just propaganda. The real gears at work would be government and social pressure. Like Nisaka said, education and employment can be biased against you without your knowledge. Then, you'll also have to deal with society looking at you like some sort of outcast.

Yes, they would try to convert LGs into straights or at least convince them to take up marriage partners for procreative purpose, while leaving them free to seek emotional needs elsewhere. BTs would still be matched per the system because they can still procreate.
Aug 7, 2017 9:45 PM
Jun 2011
Jewel_Sims said:
I mean... I guess they could just say they're not ready and wanna save it for their wedding night? Awful how they pressure these teenagers into sex
they said in the privious episode there is
straggy said:
they explained what will happen if they break up or divorce and it too harsh penalty so it better this way in all aspects
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2017

306 by Ak2005 »»
Dec 9, 2023 1:35 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

171 by 1_Mikay_1 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.