I'm just a person who watches anime, what more do you want from me?
I hate joke reviews, bad voice acting, and being ignored.
More active on anilist.
10s are reserved for the best, 9s for faves, and 1s for scum. My rating system is based upon, and primarily reflects my enjoyment of a certain title. This is not because I am unable to accurately judge a title's quality, but because I believe enjoyment is the most accurate simple attribute to quantify in the rating of a show.
However, if somehow I end up enjoying a title that I know is of bad quality, and see as being such, then I will lower my rating BASED UPON CRITERIA FROM MY REVIEW. If no such review is written, the anime will retain its higher rating.
No rating - Either a) I have not formed an opinion on it, b) I don't want to form an opinion on it, or c) another reason which is specified below.
1 - Irredeemable, and without a single good point.
2 - Terrible enough to be hated for a long time.
3 - Bad. Bad enough to rant about.
4 - Not bad enough to rant about, but doesn't have very decent elements.
5 - Mediocre. Can have decent elements but wasn't enjoyable.
6 - A show I enjoyed enough, but didn't capture me.
7 - A show that captured me, but wasn't special.
8 - A very enjoyable show, and a special one, but not a favorite.
9 - A show that stood out above the rest, and I enjoyed it as such. A favorite.
10 - Reasonably perfect.
Namakura Gatana - Simply can't be rated by the same standards I rate most anime with. Comparatively to today's anime, I'd give it a 1. Valued with historical intrigue and importance, it'd be something high, 8 or 9. With enjoyment alone, I'd give a 6. Taking enjoyment and rating fairly based on possibilities of the time, I'd give a 9. I find it difficult to rate it any of these, though, for various reasons.
Katsudou Shashin - The fact that it exists is more important than its content, so I can't really fairly rate it, rather similarly to the above, but even more dramatically so.
I add some random tags to shows, this is an explanation of them:
- GenCom: Genuinely comedic.
- Empowered: Empowered shows are ones that have most characters
possessing an interesting power, but the power cannot be the same. It must
focus on each person having a different power.
- Isekai: Possibly not what you'd typically consider an isekai anime, my use of
the term is a bit broader.
- Bad Art: The art stood out as being bad. Not necessarily used on any show
with bad art.
- KanaHana: Used if Kana Hanazawa has a more major role in this anime.
- KanaHana Cameo: Used if Kana Hanazawa has a small role.
- CasPsych: Stands for 'casually psychological,' this is a type of show that kind
of only exists in my head. These shows are filled with philosophical
dialogues or monologues.
- IntPsych: 'Intensely Psychological.' These are far beyond CasPsych shows,
they are characterised by having very strange things happening, all having a
secret meaning, and NOT focusing on dialogue. Usually also characterised
by flashing frames at points. Possibly related to MAL's Dementia tag.
- Underrated: Shows that I personally believe should get more attention.
- Lolis: Shows with lots of loli characters.
- Disappointing: Shows that personally disappointed me.
- Excellent OP/ED: Shows that have an OP or ED that stood out to me.
- Time Travel: Shows where traveling through time becomes a plot point.
- Platinum: Shows that received a 10.
- Gold: Shows that received a 9, so far. Actually just denotes my favorites.
- Silver: Following the pattern, you might think "shows that received an 8,"
but no, this is for shows that are the best of the season.
- Ahoge Visuals: Shows using ahoge as visuals, usually during speech.
- Tsukkomi: Shows with a tsukkomi main character. This is a really tentative
one. Is also weirdly correlated with the Ahoge Visuals tag.
- Decent English: Shows that have english that isn't engrish, without being a
- Shoujo-ai: More than shows where the point is shoujo-ai, but less than
simply having shoujo-ai in them.
- Active/Passive Absurdity: Shows that are fundamentally absurd, more so
than most anime. Active Absurdity is absurdist comedy usually, Passive
Absurdity has a more underlying weirdness, perhaps more believability in an
unsettling world. Only one so far is Centaur no Nayami.
- Rin: Has a character named Rin.
- Yui: Has a character named Yui.
- Weird Visuals: Shows with odd things happening as visuals.
- Gold: Aozora no Rhapsody by fhána (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon)
- Silver: Gabriel Drop Kick (Gabriel DropOut)
- Bronze: Uso no Hibana by 96neko (Kuzu no Honkai)
- Honorable Mentions: Original. by TrySail (Demi-chan wa Kataritai), Yumeji Labyrinth by 'Labyrinth' (Urara Meirochou)
- Gold: A E I U E O Ao! by 'Gekidan Hitotose' (Hinako Note)
- Silver: Koi? de Ai? de Boukun desu! by Wake Up, Girls! (Renai Boukun)
- Bronze: METAMORISER by Band Ja Naimon! (Tsugumomo)
- Honorable Mentions: Wonder Drive by ORESAMA (Alice to Zouroku), Hitorigoto by ClariS (Eromanga-sensei)
Summer 2017(Owarimonogatari Season 2 does not count)
- Gold: The Other Side of the Wall by Void_Chords and MARU (Princess Principal)
- Silver: Deep in Abyss (Made in Abyss)
- Bronze: Dakara Boku wa Boku wo Tebanasu by WEAVER (Sakurada Reset)
- Honorable Mentions: Zenryoku☆Summer! by angela (Aho Girl), One In A Billion by Wake Up, May'n! (Isekai Shokudou)
- Gold: Ugoku, Ugoku by Inori Minase and Yurika Kubo (Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou)
- Silver: Bon Appétit♡S by Blend A (Blend S)
- Bronze: Kokoro ni Tsubomi by euphonius (Konohana Kitan)
- Honorable Mentions: Here and There by Nagi Yanagi (Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World), Rupture by Panorama Panama Town (Juuni Taisen)
- Gold: Colors Power ni Omakasero! by Colors☆Slash (Mitsuboshi Colors)
- Silver: Watashi no Tame no Monogatari ~My Uncompleted Story~ by fhána (Marchen Madchen)
- Bronze: SHINY DAYS by Asaka (Yuru Camp)
- Honorable Mentions: ????
- Gold: Last Period OP
Fall 2016 - Flip Flappers
Winter 2017 - Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Spring 2017 - Sakurada Reset
Summer 2017 - Made in Abyss
Fall 2017 - Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Winter 2018 - Yuru Camp
Spring 2018 - Hinamatsuri
Summer 2018 - ????
(Shows I watch the season after they air)
Winter-Spring 2017 - Kuzu no Honkai
Spring-Summer 2017 - Alice to Zouroku
Summer-Fall 2017 - Hina Logi
Fall 2017-Winter 2018 - Net-juu no Susume
Winter 2018-Spring 2018 - Hakumei to Mikochi
Spring 2018-Summer 2018 - 3D Kanojo