Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2017 7:01 AM

Nov 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Nice chapter.

Nami mangaged to bring Zeus under her command.

Kingbaum was fighting for the sake of his fiancé and got attacked by Prometheus.

In the meantime Brûlée is waiting in her Mirrorworld along with a tons of soldiers who are ready to go and Katakuri himself is on the Sunny :O Damn the situation looks extremely tough and an escape without a fight seems unavoidable.

At the end Pudding got to talk with Chiffon. Chiffon said she wants to leave the island like Lola. And we also got to know that Pudding wants to stop Mama in order to protect Sanji and the others.

FMmatronAug 3, 2017 9:52 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 2017 8:03 AM
Mar 2014
Decent chapter. Surprised Zeus would entertain Nami like that... One would think BM would have supreme control over all homies, but I guess not.

And of course Katakuri is ready and waiting... Escape from this guy has always been an illusion
Aug 3, 2017 8:35 PM
Apr 2017
Just one question, where did u guys get the chapter from?
It hasn't been out anywhere
Aug 3, 2017 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
Kcoo1 said:
Just one question, where did u guys get the chapter from?
It hasn't been out anywhere

Raws have been out for a few days now.
KrillusAug 3, 2017 8:57 PM
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Aug 3, 2017 9:47 PM

Dec 2012
All escape route have been blocked.. more likely pudding will save them here..

Wait another break?
Aug 4, 2017 1:17 AM
Aug 4, 2017 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
Big Mama reminds me of the type of toxic players from video games that throws tandrums over everything lol

Aug 4, 2017 1:35 AM

Dec 2013
I'm happy that the chapter is finally out!

I didn't think Zeus was suddenly going to switch sides.

I've given up trying to predict what side Pudding is on...

Based Katakuri is just chilling on the boat. Escape is looking more and more impossible.
Aug 4, 2017 1:35 AM

Jul 2007
So if im not mistaking there was supposed to be a double issue this week. Where is 875?

Aug 4, 2017 1:51 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome colour page.

LOL Zeus eating Thunderclouds & Nami managing to tame him.

King Baum doing anything for his finance.

Pudding cares for Sanji.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 4, 2017 1:57 AM

Dec 2013
link9us said:
So if im not mistaking there was supposed to be a double issue this week. Where is 875?

No chapter next week.
Aug 4, 2017 2:10 AM

Jun 2014
Man Zeus really likes eating black balls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I didn't expect Nami to just gain control over him like that. King Baum nobly sacrificed himself to help out the Straw Hats (but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not dead, as I think back to a certain character from the Alabasta arc that should have died but didn't). Damn, Katakuri is just chilling on the ship, that's going to be one hell of a pleasant surprise.

I'm pretty sure the end of the chapter is supposed to be a redeeming moment for Pudding, but just because she wants to help the Straw Hats now doesn't change my mind about her. It'll still be interesting to see how that plays out and how Chiffon might contribute.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 4, 2017 2:35 AM

Apr 2017
Okay chapter did not like the last page tho.
Aug 4, 2017 2:47 AM

Dec 2011
It feel like it was ages that i haven't read One Piece.Amazing chapter again and so much things happens. Nami was just awesome this chapter even turning Zeus into her servant...
That would be nice if Zeus stay with them and Pudding finally change side.This time i believe her hopefully and Katakuri is going to be the final obstacle for them to flee...
Aug 4, 2017 2:49 AM
Aug 2016
love you purin!!! and this issue should be double chapter for op if I remember correctly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2017 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
G_Spark233 said:
link9us said:

No chapter next week.

The issue says 36-37. We only read the chapter from issue 36 so far. The next chapter should be in a few hrs i think.

Aug 4, 2017 3:04 AM

Aug 2010
#Believeinpudding came on top??

If Nami gets Zeus as her slave that'd be the most hilarious shit ever lmao. She too OP lol

Katakuri waiting on the Sunny.... Does this man ever stop being based asf????? Give him a raise bitch.

Popularity poll was pretty similar to last one. Expected Brook, Capone Katakuri and Carrot to be higher. Oh well nice seeing doffy up there
Aug 4, 2017 3:05 AM

Dec 2013
AeroSN said:
love you purin!!! and this issue should be double chapter for op if I remember correctly

No chapter next week.
Aug 4, 2017 3:13 AM
Aug 2017
Well the Situation seems like there is really no outcoming without fighting and the strawhats would lose a fight.. so the only option here in my opinion is pudding.
Don't you think she might use something like Madara did, tsukuyomi maybe :D I think she will cover all of the BMP in a illusion or something like that and will cut off their memories so they forgot about the invasion of the strawhats at the wedding so the straw hats can escape...
That options seems very plausible since there is no other escape..
Aug 4, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2013
SaitamaSensei123 said:
Well the Situation seems like there is really no outcoming without fighting and the strawhats would lose a fight.. so the only option here in my opinion is pudding.
Don't you think she might use something like Madara did, tsukuyomi maybe :D I think she will cover all of the BMP in a illusion or something like that and will cut off their memories so they forgot about the invasion of the strawhats at the wedding so the straw hats can escape...

It's going to be difficult to hide the physical evidence such as the destroyed chateau. I'm really not sure what she can replace it with.
Aug 4, 2017 3:34 AM

Jan 2014
I can see Zeus rebellion in the next chapter lol

poor King Baum, I hope Zeus save him.

look what we've got, Pudding completely fall in love with Sanji.
Aug 4, 2017 3:50 AM

Oct 2015
It bothers me that Zeus, who shares a soul with Big Mom, is swayed that easily but I guess plot devices are necessary for them to escape unscathed. I just wish this whole arc wasn't plot devices one after the other. And as we all expected Pudding has done a complete 180 because Sanji called her eye pretty.

So what BS is gonna happen to Katakuri then? Is he gonna slip on the sweet rain, fall into syrup sea and then get attacked by the ants who want to eat his Mochi Mochi Fruit?
Aug 4, 2017 3:54 AM

Jan 2016
What a chapter!!! Nami is awesome, I've never hated her and this is why. Pure awesomeness and she gets Zeus on her side. That's a big power up for her.

I don't even want to predict if Pudding is speaking the truth anymore, but I'll say she's speaking the truth. I guess Sanjis words did touch her.

Let's hope we get a chapter next week, a few people say we won't get one but I haven't seen any special announcement
Aug 4, 2017 3:57 AM

Nov 2012
MoonStar9 said:
It bothers me that Zeus, who shares a soul with Big Mom, is swayed that easily but I guess plot devices are necessary for them to escape unscathed. I just wish this whole arc wasn't plot devices one after the other. And as we all expected Pudding has done a complete 180 because Sanji called her eye pretty.

So what BS is gonna happen to Katakuri then? Is he gonna slip on the sweet rain, fall into syrup sea and then get attacked by the ants who want to eat his Mochi Mochi Fruit?

Pudding could still be only pretending to be sad, we know it's in her character to do so.
Aug 4, 2017 3:59 AM

Jan 2011
we have 20th anniversary and always chapters on break nothing good ....
Aug 4, 2017 4:12 AM

Mar 2015
our crew is on pinch but pudding?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 4, 2017 4:20 AM

Oct 2015
ayyy no chapter next week
my feels rn
pretty intresting developments tho, kategurui or whatever tf his name is, the mochi guy is waiting for them at the ship, guess even with the ending, we cant leave without a 1 vs 1 shounen style battle eh
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 4, 2017 4:23 AM

Oct 2015
G_Spark233 said:
SaitamaSensei123 said:

It's going to be difficult to hide the physical evidence such as the destroyed chateau. I'm really not sure what she can replace it with.

Replace it with the fact that she has anger issues, and she destroyed everything due to her rage. That could work perhaps. I wonder what the capabilities of Pudding's ability are. She might as well just cut off all of her memories, and she becomes like an animal, or completely empty inside her mind.

Also, it would be somewhat weird if the strawhats got away, and Big Mom was on the island, knowing, that sooooo many things were screwed up for her by the Straw Hats. I can't really imagine how pissed she would be after that. Oda is really good at writing, so we can guess, but probably we'll get surprised.

I find it weird how Katakuri is just chilling there, and noone does anything with the ship. They could move it to some other place, where it would be safer for them. I'm not sure they know about the submarine, so it'd be still a good idea from them. I hope we see something from Karakuri. He's able to see into the future a little, but so far he couldn't do anything at all. I want him to put up a good fight, or actually make it really difficult for the Straw Hats to escape.

By the way, Big Mom looks like she's full of weakpoints. Her rage is a possible weakpoint, also her hommies are not entirely under her control, and even vivre cards are effective against them. They might as well just put a cake into the middle of the ocean while she's in berserk mode, and she drowns because of her devil fruit.
It's going to be quite a new thing if Nami manages to take Zeus with her!
Slim_LamieAug 4, 2017 4:28 AM
Aug 4, 2017 4:24 AM

Oct 2014
noo I was hoping they would shield King Baum D;

But LOL Luffy poking Zeus XD
And omg Pudding THANK YOU ahh my heart
Aug 4, 2017 4:27 AM
Sep 2012
Well this was a fine chapter, we see some character development, Luffy really showing some fear though out this chapter, never see the day, Luffy has always too brave or too stupid to be scared, we got that, Nami trying to get Zeus on her side, well played Nami.

And Pudding shows some development, she on our side, at least with us getting away. Still sees has some ways to go, while it is nice she wants to help Sanji, she said she don't care what happens to Mama and the country, it is all well and good with Big Mom, but the country, you do know that includes innocent civilians, some of which were those Pudding watched over, turning her back on her own citizens, still not pure heart, but I guess it is a step in the right direction? Maybe. Than again caring to innocent civilians is not a thing anymore if you go by Goku's behavior in the latest arc of Dragon Ball Super.

Anyway we are not going to defeat Big Mom, it is a question of escape.
Aug 4, 2017 4:31 AM

Aug 2008
So Pudding turning good now. LOL! Nami.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 4, 2017 5:33 AM

Apr 2015
4/5

"Her eyes tell the truth!" Yeah Yeah I don't believe her anymore..

Katakuri is scary :O
Aug 4, 2017 5:55 AM

May 2015
I don't even think Oda knows whether Pudding is good or bad anymore lol. Katakuri has them checked so even if they somehow manage to escape Big Mom, he's still there. Ouch.
Aug 4, 2017 6:21 AM
Aug 2017
MoonStar9 said:

Zeus being swayed sort of actually fits. What drives Big Mom more than anything? Delicious food. Makes sense that Zeus is swayed by the most delicious things he's ever eaten.
Aug 4, 2017 6:24 AM

Apr 2016
MoonStar9 said:

I was expecting a power-up for Nami but controlling Zeus like this, the actual soul of BM was quite disappointing.
Aug 4, 2017 6:27 AM

Jul 2009
Hmmm, i don´t trust Charlotte Pudding.
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Aug 4, 2017 6:28 AM

Oct 2015
wildecolombian said:
MoonStar9 said:

Zeus being swayed sort of actually fits. What drives Big Mom more than anything? Delicious food. Makes sense that Zeus is swayed by the most delicious things he's ever eaten.

Swayed from his own soul? Does that make sense? This whole arc has made Big Mom disappointing in all but physical feats.
Aug 4, 2017 6:53 AM
Oct 2013
Good chapter. Everything was really entertaining. Convenience was all over the place but once you´ve accepted it it´s fine and this particular instances weren´t overbearing.

The development of Pudding is terrible, still 4/5.

SuperRed said:

Pudding could still be only pretending to be sad, we know it's in her character to do so.

Keep tying to convince yourself that Oda never writes horseshit while reality keeps punching you in the face.
IsterioAug 4, 2017 6:57 AM
Aug 4, 2017 7:01 AM

Nov 2012
Isterio said:

Keep tying to convince yourself that Oda never writes horseshit when reality keeps punching you in the face.

When did I say that Oda never makes mistakes? I just made a thread about a big error Oda may have made with Katakuri just recently.

It's a fact shown in the story that Pudding can pretend to be sad when she isn't, it's 50/50 on whether she's sincere or not.
Aug 4, 2017 7:45 AM
Apr 2017
MoonStar9 said:

Souls have their own will ,they follow others because they are scare of them.
I think since big mom like to eat much.zeus,a part of her soul ,also may like to eat too.But I think every homies have their personality of their own .They might follow mama but they are not fully devoted to her.
Oda never said anything about homies will be always loyal to big mom ,so the homies can betray them if they have the will to do so.

Plot devise ? Dude there is no anime/manga without plot devise lol
Aug 4, 2017 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
so is pudding good or bad... zzzz...
Aug 4, 2017 7:56 AM

Apr 2013

I support this ship :v

Aug 4, 2017 8:56 AM
Oct 2013
SuperRed said:

It's a fact shown in the story that Pudding can pretend to be sad when she isn't, it's 50/50 on whether she's sincere or not.

Who would write that? Again who to trick but the audience?
Chiffon?

Pudding was implied to have had a good relationship with Lola. Hence the reason most people assumed that she was genuine when she talked about marrying Sanji. Then Oda pulls a stupid as shit nonsensical 180 on her.
Turns out she was evil all along!
Then he uses a gag. A fucking joke to turn her 180° around again and people still keep insisting: "That no! This SNL routine may be "Goda" tricking us again."

Now he confirms, that he´s just bullshitting yet again. Taking the easy way out of a predicament, he wrote his characters into and you still sit here trying to convince people, how "everything goes according to keikaku".

So your response is to, again overthink the situation. Give Oda yet again the benefit of the doubt. Although he´s been terribly predictable, throghout all the new world arcs. Except Zou or when he outright cheats and unfolds the plot without foreshadowing anything. Basicly denying the audience the chance to predict the twist. But you say no to this evidence. You think he´s going to pull through. Pull yet another 180 and reveal Pudding´s true colors, which were the initial plottwist to begin with.

Stop right there. As bad as the convenient"Dragon Ball characterization" is. Because that´s not something Shounen inherently do, that´s something Dragon Ball popularized for the medium, that Oda copies. It´s far superior to the idea of having a character change his motivations in the span of 20 chapters 3 times into the opposite of what it was last. That being from the audience´s POV.
It´s outright terrible writing. You don´t do that as an author except you´re Hiro Mashima, and while Pudding still not being convinced by Sanji makes sense from a realistic POV, this is simply not the way Oda has written any character before. If anything is clear about this Manga it´s that Oda is afraid of innovation.
That´s why he recycles arcs. That´s why his story is formulaic. That´s why it´s filled with rituals his characters repeadiately go through, like the bankets.

There is no 50/50 chance. A 50% chance means that the variables are equal in quality and quantity and they´re just not. There is a 2% chance of Pudding still being evil which is a garbage plottwist to begin with. Her being good now is bad enough development as it is. She doesn´t deserve Lanji.
IsterioAug 4, 2017 9:32 AM
Aug 4, 2017 9:10 AM

Jul 2016
It's so cool Nami got the first good hit on a yonko
Aug 4, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
Oh my!! Is that really happening? Not acting skills again? That Pudding, jeez `L_`

Woah, Nami so cool in this chapter! Nice body assist!
Aug 4, 2017 9:59 AM
Aug 2011
Eat shit and die Pudding.

Greatest thing about this chapter was that 2-page spread. Marcoooooo!
Aug 4, 2017 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
I think Pudding is insane, she might have a split personality or something.
Aug 4, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
Damn it traitor Zeus, mama should have scrapped him immediately when he let her fall.
Aug 4, 2017 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
I think Pudding is on the Straw Hats side now. We get a frame of her looking out in the rain, and a peak of her past, and what not. Not to mention she got shocked for the entirety of the wedding so it's doin something.
Is this where you live?

Aug 4, 2017 2:10 PM
Oct 2013
TrashDax said:
I think Pudding is insane, she might have a split personality or something.

It´s not a splitt personality. It´s just lazy writing.
It´s not uncommon for Oda to write like that.

She was an enemy genuinely wanted to kill Sanji, but because he´s the first one to acknowledge her as beautyful and not call her a Monster she loves him now.It´s Shounen Bullshit 101. She convinced herself that she´s a monster, but now that she found that single person in her universe who told her the opposite her wolrdview was shook.

Jesus people, it´s not like it´s new territory for Oda or for post Dragon Ball Shounen in general.
IsterioAug 4, 2017 2:14 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Yesterday, 4:20 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.