Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, I thought this episode was funny. The fact that they are actually trying to "save" Koharu as she's being "held hostage" is just amusing at one point.

I'm glad to see Koharu getting along with the grown ups though and there's less drama this week. I have to admit though, this episode also made me a little sad after hearing the news Koharu received on the phone.
Aug 2, 2017 9:17 AM

Apr 2010
it was a nice episode tho the anding was sad.
It's a shame to see the old man pass away like that after he did his best to achieve a new service for all the old people around.
Also seeing Makie drunk was funny, she did manage to stop the old pervert from peeking on Yoshino tho.
Even in a drunk state.
Aug 2, 2017 10:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That scene hit me like a truck. He died so suddenly and the opera in the background. It goes so fast sometimes.
Aug 2, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Everything went fine and this happened TwT
Aug 2, 2017 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
This was a great episode.

Yoshino, I don't think being there out of your own will can be referred to as taken hostage. XD
Nevertheless, it was pretty amusing to see Yoshino taken hostage and the girls trying to get her out to only get sucked in themselves. :3

I loved that cart which auto moved to the side when vehicles approaches, that was really cool.
A Digital Archive is actually a really neat idea, the professor had quite the plan.

So the solution to the problem is, An on-demand bus. Basically a shared cab. xD

I seriously did not expect the Professor to die so suddenly, especially with the soundtrack in the background. I really liked the guy. :(
We did however get our staff. :)
Aug 2, 2017 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
This Anime is getting even better in each ep., love the story and the charas.
Aug 2, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2016
Nice episode.

Yoshino's purity was preserved by drunk Maki lol.

RIP old man.
Aug 2, 2017 11:18 AM

Jan 2015
This episode is total hilarious or so I hope it would be. The peeping old man, the "Tatami" that have wheels and sensor in it. The end of Warabi's coup d' etat is kinda sweet with the Queen's speech, but then... It must be really hard for Sanae.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 2, 2017 11:21 AM

Jun 2017
Another great episode, I am glad things worked out for the old folks.

It was sad to see the Professor die so soon after this though.

Sandals 0: Hercules 1
Aug 2, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
4/5

Real fun and entertaining episode with an out of no where ending. Even though it was pretty sad and somewhat sudden, the conclusion to this part of the story was fitting.

He placed his roots, help the people he cares about in the village and pass on the treasure. He passed away on a great and meaningful accomplishment.

Aug 2, 2017 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Yoshino being taken hostage was funny. She was a hard working hostage. Seeing Maki drunk was amusing. Didn't she say she was driving. XD

Coup d'etat ended in a nice way and that on-demand bus was a great idea. Takamizawa was happy about that. I want this show to intorucde his wife and kid. I'm curious.

That ending with the Professor's death was sad as it was unexpected. :(

Aug 2, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2015
Drunk Maki was funny. Yoshino had a fun time as a "hostage." An on-demand bus is a very good idea. Since the elders know how to use the internet, they can make a reservation. Takamizawa is happy about it. It's sad the professor passed away. It was so sudden. One of the treasures is found and it was inside the professor's storehouse the whole time. He really cared for the village.
Aug 2, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2013
The hostage is in with the hostage game and the bus driver pulls through with an on-demand bus implication.
The professor dies :'(
Aug 2, 2017 12:39 PM

Dec 2013
It was a bittersweet ending to this arc. The Professor really did his bit to preserve what he could of the Manoyama rural areas. It was a beautiful and noble thing to do. That lone tear from Sanae in the back of the van said it all. Respect and RIP.

It really does feel like a quest now in these later parts, what with the search for the three treasures to revive the town and all that.

Hilarious to see Maki getting so drunk when she was suppose to be the Cavalry for Yoshino.
Even funnier when she managed to nab pervert Jii-san there.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 2, 2017 1:58 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I wish that the older people in my family were tech savy like these people lol

Great conclusion to a great arc but alas, my celebration and happiness is bittersweet.....RIP Professor, you shall be dearly missed :(
Aug 2, 2017 2:29 PM
Jun 2016
I saw the ending happening 10 seconds before it did, right when he was at the computer...just something told me..great episode though.
Aug 2, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
Really great episode.

Drunk Maki and Sandal in dat Hercules exoskeleton were hilarious xD

They also found a good solution to secure the living for Takimizawa and his family.

But dat end tho..wow, that was totally unexpected and sad. Rip Ossan.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2015
Ugh, the Professor passed away so suddenly like that. For some reason, strangely enough, I felt like it would happen once he got up ;__;....

Great episode. Also, drunk Maki was absolutely great XD.

Aug 2, 2017 3:35 PM
May 2017
Drunk Maki shakin dat ass ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ok, so another problem solved by our group of gals.
So do you guys think they will find a match for all of the five girls by the end? ;)
Aug 2, 2017 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
Was the prof listening to J.S. Bach "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" when he died? I'm not sure, but it sounded familiar to me.

Aug 2, 2017 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
My favourite episode so far. Who would have known the older townsfolk would be so interesting. I really love how they look after each other. The young have a lot to learn from them.
Aug 2, 2017 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
favorite episode so far even before the professor passing ,it happened so suddenly just in life it's one of those moments you don't want to happen but with the music playing i knew it ;-;

will continue to voice how underrated this is
Aug 2, 2017 7:05 PM

Jan 2016
Well it was a really fun episode until you see the end.
Aug 2, 2017 10:03 PM

Dec 2016
I was really enjoying that episode then all of a sudden tragedy strikes.

I almost teared up because of that death.

R.I.P. Professor.
Aug 2, 2017 10:30 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode again!

Very funny and very sad too...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2017 1:50 AM

Mar 2009
Unexpectedly sad ending. Poor Professor. :(
At least he was able to make life better for his fellow villagers before the end...
Aug 3, 2017 1:57 AM

Jul 2017
This arc and episode bumped up the show to a 10 for me, from a 9. It's rare to see anime address societal challenges, in a fairly serious vein, while still making space for humor. The ending was quite the stinger.
Aug 3, 2017 2:42 AM

Sep 2016
that was a really good episode, and why does this show have such a low score? sakura quest has been pretty enjoyable in what it brings to the table
Facta Non Verba
Aug 3, 2017 3:28 AM
Sep 2016
RIP Professor :((((
Aug 3, 2017 4:17 AM

Jan 2016
What a lovely episode, the professors death hit me kinda hard as I didn't expect it at all. This just keep getting better and better
Aug 3, 2017 5:16 AM

Apr 2012
Excellent conclusion to the arc, haven't felt that good since episode 14, it's tragic for the professor though.
Aug 3, 2017 6:24 AM

Mar 2013
This was a great episode. I feel lot of progression happened in the plot.

The sudden demise of quite shocking tbh. Didn't see it coming
RIP Prof. :(

The anime will end up with cultural festival I think. There will be significant progress but not enough to revive the town. Most likely, we'll not get a conclusive ending and those girls will keep on going as usual.
Aug 3, 2017 9:53 AM
Apr 2017
I definitely love this episode, and my favorite character in this series, Sanae grown more
Aug 3, 2017 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
The episode itself was very enjoyable, with plenty of amusing moments like Drunken Maki shaking that rear end of hers and also preserving Yoshino's purity by restraining the old perverted man. =P

However, the professor's sudden death while the classical song was playing in the background took me completely by surprise. It's really saddening to see this happen, but at the very least, he was able to help his village reach a suitable conclusion by having a new hire-bus service.

It's pretty similar to where I go with my family on vacation in rural Wales. The small hamlets and villages close to where we stay is also connected with a call-up service similar to the one organised by the Manoyama Bus Company so that people can use it to go to other villages and also the local market town.

So yeah, this arc had a really fitting conclusion to it. =)
Aug 3, 2017 1:09 PM

Nov 2011
Wow...I did not think I would tear up at all while watching this show, but that ending kind of got me. That was unexpected. Very well done with the Music in the background but damn man.

Great episode.

Drunk Maki was killing it lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 3, 2017 2:24 PM

Jan 2014
There goes a bottle of champagne: Yoshino and Sandal-san ship launched.

While sad, personally I did not feel sorry for the professor. It seemed like exactly the right time for him. Good healthy old age, mission accomplished, and with results above expectations, relic location revealed, talk with Sanae done, classical record playing, instant death while getting some extra ice for his whiskey. Sign me up, I want to go like that too.

Mascera said:
the "Tatami" that have wheels and sensor in it

That was gold.

SoraSenpai said:

Drunk Maki was killing it lol.

Seconded.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 3, 2017 2:43 PM

Jun 2013
Jesus man he died that was sad
Aug 3, 2017 5:59 PM

Jul 2015
This situation is even less dire than I imagined, and I already wasn't expecting this to be fire in the least. Maki is a funny drunk and they made a lot of progress in helping the small town as well as developing their characters. That ending though, it was sad.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 3, 2017 11:05 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, well that was pretty fucking sad, yet bittersweet at the same time.

He literally went to get ice for his booze and died on the spot, that's a sad way to go. But it was nice to see them use the idea of the lanterns they mentioned earlier.

It was bittersweet the way it came full circle though. The entire time he was pressing Sanae on her reason for coming to Manoyama, while telling her little bits about his ideas and plans no one else knew. In the end, he was able to both complete his last "study" and help out his friends, neighbors and village in a way that truly mattered. And after his passing, Sanae knew what his intentions were all along, and after reading his notes she was able to start to guide herself towards the answer to the question he asked her from the very beginning. Even if she didn't fully know, this was a turning point for her and it was done in a way that was both sad and beautiful.
Aug 3, 2017 11:43 PM

Jun 2014
When Yoshino got the call, I thought someone found the Prof and got him to hospital because of the lamp signal, but it seems like the death flags (Yoshino drove the old lady to long distance hospital and that opera song) have been risen. That black dress scene really shocked me yet felt so quick. RIP Prof.
Aug 4, 2017 2:13 AM

Dec 2012
I could have guessed the professor would be dying. I honestly didn't think we'd see a character die in SQ to be honest.
I have a confession though. I think Takamigawa is hot.
allo
Aug 4, 2017 7:47 AM

Apr 2012
I was fiddling with the Transformer I keep as a desk toy during that scene, I was like, "huh?"
Then it hit me, he died... damn.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 4, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Damn it, some dust must have gotten in my eyes...

The professor managed to do so much (in regards to the story) in so little time. He even managed to help Sanae come to terms with her relocation to Manoyama. At least the professor saw the fruits of his labour.

Intoxicated Maki was hilarious, though.
Aug 5, 2017 10:02 AM
Mar 2012
hahaha Yoshino elated with a speck of self worth... by being the hostage. And Maki quite different there.
That auto driving tea party trolling both policeman (& indirectly busdriver).

Impressed how much Sanae & busdriver worry and do for their community. Actually felt more for the busdriver's (Takamizawa) observations of his dying town than the prof. He said "wife & kid" so probably means those two at the restaurant.
But rip prof, he's the true savior of their village & gave the team a real tough project.
Aug 6, 2017 12:39 AM

Feb 2015
I'm quite impressed how they were able to conclude this for just a short period.

Despite the unexpected passing of the Professor, which was honestly unexpected for a show with a laid back atmosphere like this, there have been at least some progress, especially to the currently-tested new transportation system for the town, and most importantly, to their quest. Them monks gotta bring them relics back to the monastery to earn gold and they got more exploring to do until all are secured, yah.

But seriously, this show is underrated.
Aug 6, 2017 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
Seriously how does the score keep dropping so much when every episode has been well received it seems?
Nonetheless... a truly beautiful episode!
Aug 6, 2017 6:34 PM

Aug 2012
Rip professor, he passed away after playing his last game...
Aug 6, 2017 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
Gonna miss that Professor. Enlightening.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Aug 7, 2017 6:36 AM

Dec 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
Seriously how does the score keep dropping so much when every episode has been well received it seems?

Because

Don't worry about it.
Aug 7, 2017 9:00 AM

Aug 2016
Great episode. The professor got me into liking him in the end. Damn sudden death with the inappropriate opera music.

Thankfully, Yoshino was saved by Maki from the peeping tom.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

182 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.