Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2017 1:18 PM

Jun 2011
What I mean by this is:

Do you explore genres you don't think you would like much with an open mind?
Do you watch anime from a year you have never watched from from before you got into anime (not just the newest season).

Granted: Doing seasonals when you have never done them before? Trying to watch one episode of every show possible in a season regardless of actual interest?

Do you approach anime as an explorer? - I think this is what I am asking and How so?
The anime community in a nutshell.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Jun 2011
Dono119 said:
Hii what do you think about the anime yowamushi pedal ?

I haven't seen it. I really should since I own, but haven't read the first volume of the manga. XD I have seen a ton of other sports anime though. My friend did get all his male friends to cosplay all the characters and won a cosplay contest.
Jun 26, 2017 1:25 PM

Aug 2016
Yes. I'm willing to try whatever (not gonna try looking for more though since I have too much)

I don't recall genres ever bothering me but then again, I don't pay much attention to genres at all.

Yes. I don't see why I wouldn't. As long as it sounds interesting or heard it's really good, then I'll watch whatever year

I'm not going to watch one episode of every seasonal show possible because I don't drop. I'll just choose a select few so that I can cut down my backlog

I don't go out of my way to find special anime as I can't be arsed to pull that effort when I can watch whatever I have on my list already.... so I don't know if I can still be counted as an explorer.
Jun 26, 2017 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
I do tend to explore a fair bit, but I more or less expand my comfort zone rather than jumping into things I expect to not like. Watching Berserk helped me understand my taste a bit better. I was a bit iffy on the magical girl genre at first, but after watching Shugo Chara and loving it I went further into the genre and now it's one of my favourites. You never know what you're going to like until you try it.
Jun 26, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2011
MechKingKillbot said:
Yes. I'm willing to try whatever (not gonna try looking for more though since I have too much)

I don't recall genres ever bothering me but then again, I don't pay much attention to genres at all.

Yes. I don't see why I wouldn't. As long as it sounds interesting or heard it's really good, then I'll watch whatever year

I'm not going to watch one episode of every seasonal show possible because I don't drop. I'll just choose a select few so that I can cut down my backlog

I don't go out of my way to find special anime as I can't be arsed to pull that effort when I can watch whatever I have on my list already.... so I don't know if I can still be counted as an explorer.

Maybe more a wanderer. XD Exploring is more active. I have a really stupid plan to watch list. And I drop a lot.

Jun 26, 2017 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
Compared to when i first started anime, yes. I used to find the stupidest problems in series and didn't watch them.
Jun 26, 2017 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
And I drop a lot.

Back when i first started watching Anime, i thought dropping was a bad thing so i never did it, no matter how bad it was. Maybe i should start doing it?
Jun 26, 2017 1:34 PM

Jun 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
I do tend to explore a fair bit, but I more or less expand my comfort zone rather than jumping into things I expect to not like. Watching Berserk helped me understand my taste a bit better. I was a bit iffy on the magical girl genre at first, but after watching Shugo Chara and loving it I went further into the genre and now it's one of my favourites. You never know what you're going to like until you try it.

:D Yes YES!!! This is something I noticed too when I started expanding away from only what is popular plus some yaoi on the side. lol.

I really started to know what I ACTUALLY liked. (which turns out is pretty niche and omg I will have no friends in the anime community when my favorites are pretty accurate at 1000). Like it felt like this:

You know I think it might be kinda true what people say to new fans.

"What do you like in film?"

Because I was ALWAYS into anime, I never answered that. In film I like B movies, movies that are underground with critical aclaim, Cult classics, a lot of foreign weird WTF movies, a lot of dramatic Oscar winners. Exploitation films. Everything Stanley Kubrick. Watching what was popular was never going to satisfy the end of the anime spectrum I actually was. And I think I am finally finding my space.
Energetic-NovaJun 26, 2017 1:38 PM
Jun 26, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2015
All the time. I love venturing into the unknown. Sometimes you find really good hidden gems this way. And other times...well, disappointments...I like checking out anime that few people seem to watch.

For example, a few seasons ago I tried Endride, which no one was talking about. And it wasn't exactly the best anime ever made...

I watched my very first Shounen Ai in the winter season: Spiritpact. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad.

Flip Flappers was an anime recommended to me since they called it "different". I gave it a try, and after watching the first few episodes I asked myself: "Is Studio 3hz part of Gainax?"

And for the summer season this year we got Centaur no Nayami, an anime that I am definitely watching. Some people are saying "A horse? Not touching it". But me? "A horse as an MC? LET'S GO!".

Some people complain about anime being too "generic". Well if you want to find something that isn't generic, you gotta go deep. YOU GOTTA GO DEEP!
Jun 26, 2017 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
I sometimes try to watch genres I don't like. I watched Haikyuu and enjoyed it although I don't like sports, I liked HxH even when I don't like shounen.

I don't do that often though, because I'd rather watch something that I will most likely enjoy than something iffy.
Jun 26, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
I picked up Kuroko no Basket a few years back when the first season was airing. I stayed away from sports anime prior to that because i don't like sports irl, but i picked up Kuroko no Basket because of the good looking characters. And then i ended up really enjoying it and i started watching more sports anime after that.
Jun 26, 2017 1:39 PM

Jun 2011
MrAwesome2017 said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
And I drop a lot.

Back when i first started watching Anime, i thought dropping was a bad thing so i never did it, no matter how bad it was. Maybe i should start doing it?

Some people are happy finishing anime. Some people are not. Ask yourself what you would rather do. I think critic minded people like finishing what they start. But people like myself who are in it for the good times, we drop it a lot more. Legit no point. But hey, youtube critics seem to drop half the anime they watch.
Jun 26, 2017 1:39 PM

Feb 2013
Most often not deliberately.. Just a side effect of not wanting to know too much about what i'm watching beforehand; most memorably, i knew NGE and Rahxephon were psychological anime, but not mecha... and this is how i got into the super robo genre.

One time i did this deliberately was recently with Yawara, my first sports anime other than Ping Pong, and i didn't like it very much. I don't particularly remember any others as i'm ok with most genres other than yaoi and sports.

Do you watch anime from a year you have never watched from from before you got into anime (not just the newest season).
It took me a while to get into 80s anime. I noticed that during the 80s Madhouse did virtually only movies, and that's how I got at least one anime for most of the years in the 80s. A few years of the 80s were already "checked" due to LOGH, Ideon, Totoro and Angel Cop (my 2nd 80s anime o_0)

Doing seasonals when you have never done them before?
I started watching anime seriously only in the simulcast era, so seasonals were always a thing for me; i started with Sakamichi no Apollon back in Spring 2012 because of /a/ discussions

Trying to watch one episode of every show possible in a season regardless of actual interest?
That one i don't really understand; there's so many uninteresting obvious incomplete adaptations in each season...
romagiaJun 26, 2017 1:42 PM
Jun 26, 2017 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
I usually try to explore stuff that I haven't seen yet that have yet to keep me around the eyes. For example: I haven't yet seen Kids on the Slope nor Nodame Cantabile, nor even Beck yet. This may also apply to music genre because, well... being fairly honest I ain't exactly the biggest fan of it, not as much compared to Mystery genre (since in music genre I can be more open to it) but it's an example. So this might apply to your first question.

Also to be specific I just mean about bands, or anything with the exception of Idols, since that's a whole different thing I suppose if you take it into account. I think it's a different category in a sense.
Jun 26, 2017 1:47 PM

Jun 2011
romagia said:

Trying to watch one episode of every show possible in a season regardless of actual interest?
That one i don't really understand; there's so many uninteresting obvious incomplete adaptations in each season...

Those people are CRAZY. I can agree there. I do force myself into 5 shows which I have no interest in every season. But watching every one? Nope.

A lot of the shows I am watching I that I know I will drop are because I feel will have a lot of cringe factor and bring me joy that way and I might even finish because they are so bad. I am there to watch a trainwreck.

The most I watched in a given season was 20-25.

(it was 20. Summer of 2016)
Energetic-NovaJun 26, 2017 1:56 PM
Jun 26, 2017 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
All the time. I can easily find shows that they're high chances for me to like, but I prefer not to stick to them too much and I step out of my comfort zone a lot. I try to not limit myself, so that I can discover all sorts of stuff. I often end up watching shows with relatively low ratings or shows that seem to be very different from what I usually enjoy. I also give chances to genres I usually tend to dislike, or try out random anime on a whim without putting much thought into it and sometimes even without checking the synopsis and genre tags. I know it probably sounds like a waste of time for some people because you sure come across a lot of garbage, but I find the sole experience of watching something unusual and discovering new things enjoyable, even if I end up not liking the show. It really broadens my taste and makes me more open-minded, not to even mention that I've found a lot of gems I'd have never expected to like. I guess it also makes my overall experience with anime much less monotonous, because I haven't got burnt-out for years.

Nah, every show possible sounds a little too crazy. Though I'm going to try out around 25 series the next season - I'll watch the first episode of each, and then decide which ones I'll continue. This'll be something new for me because I've never payed too much attention to seasonals before.
Jun 26, 2017 2:02 PM

Jun 2011
fuyuki said:

Nah, every show possible sounds a little too crazy. Though I'm going to try out around 25 series the next season - I'll watch the first episode of each, and then decide which ones I'll continue. This'll be something new for me because I've never payed too much attention to seasonals before.

25 is going to be amazing. I support you. I did 20 in summer 2016.

I have almost no luck in Winter seasons. But yeah Summer is totally my season. Maybe we should try together. I already have 13 shows picked out. XD
Jun 26, 2017 2:02 PM

Mar 2016
Even the genres I dislike, I still make an attempt to explore, hence why I have watched more military/historical anime as of late.
I will watch most things, provided the plot is at least somewhat interesting. Hell, who am I kidding, I hardly read the plot....
I used to dislike old style anime, and refused to watch series from that time. I'm slightly more accustomed to it now, and it doesn't bother me as much.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jun 26, 2017 2:07 PM

Jun 2011
YaoiMaster said:
Even the genres I dislike, I still make an attempt to explore, hence why I have watched more military/historical anime as of late.
I will watch most things, provided the plot is at least somewhat interesting. Hell, who am I kidding, I hardly read the plot....
I used to dislike old style anime, and refused to watch series from that time. I'm slightly more accustomed to it now, and it doesn't bother me as much.

Have you ever not read the plot- discovered you are watching a sequel? Happened to me with the new Luck and Logic i didn't like.
Jun 26, 2017 2:07 PM

Feb 2016
well I never ever tried a sports anime in my life (with an exception when Captain Tsubasa were on TV, but that wasn't really official) so I decided to give a try to Sports anime (I didn't like the idea of the whole fujo bait that nowadays sports anime are) and I choose Diamond no Ace and overall it has been a good catch
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 26, 2017 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
YaoiMaster said:

Have you ever not read the plot- discovered you are watching a sequel? Happened to me with the new Luck and Logic i didn't like.
Oh, yes, that's happened quite a few times, haha.
I finish the sequel and then go back to watching the first season, like the uncaring person I am.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jun 26, 2017 2:11 PM

Jun 2011
YaoiMaster said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

Oh, yes, that's happened quite a few times, haha.
I finish the sequel and then go back to watching the first season, like the uncaring person I am.

I am just like... oh. WTF. Make it more clear next time so I don't watch your garbage before the original. XD #crap.
Jun 26, 2017 2:14 PM

Jul 2014
I'll explore anything as long as it doesn't conflict with my sexuality. I'm not going to be watching yaoi or anything of the sort probably ever. Everything that is like yaoi, yuri, and (especially?) ecchi I consider as filler in relation to the plot.
Jun 26, 2017 2:15 PM
Apr 2016
Yup. I was normally interested in psychological/thriller/horror anime but I've been watching other genres a lot lately. I feel like you can be in a stump and become bored with anime if it's from a genre that you always watch.

I watched Flip Flappers a while ago, while it isn't the most amazing thing ever it is a lot of fun, I enjoyed it for what it was. And I don't think I would have tried something as random as that a few years ago.

Jun 26, 2017 2:21 PM

Mar 2015
I mean, I'm up for anything that's not Yaoi/Shounen-ai.
While I don't actively seek out romance or sports shows, I really liked Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Haikyuu!! . If I'm interested in the setting/story/art, I'll check it out.

Do you watch anime from a year you have never watched from before you got into anime (not just the newest season).
I don't really get the question... Some clarity pls

Doing seasonals when you have never done them before?
I've been watching anime (as anime) since 2007 or so.
I started picking up simulcasts around spring 2013, though I did watch one or two airing shows in 2012, too. I had no concept of anime simulcasts before then...
At one point I was watching close to 30 shows a season. That caused me to burn out in 2015.
Since then I've decided to only watch stuff that's already finished airing. Dedicating three months of my time to one series? Nope, not anymore.

If I'm watching something, it means I'm interested enough to do so. I don't waste time on stuff I don't like.

Do you approach anime as an explorer? - I think this is what I am asking and How so?
Dunno, you could take a gander at my list and tell me if I fit the bill.
Jun 26, 2017 2:34 PM

Jun 2011
DoubleMangekyo said:

Do you watch anime from a year you have never watched from before you got into anime (not just the newest season).
I don't really get the question... Some clarity pls

Like, example, started watching anime heavily in 2001. So watching anime from 1995 and earlier would be "before my time" for the most part. Stuff that wasn't airing when I was first a fan. Stuff that never came to the states and never was on a streaming site for a long time.

Example: For the USA, Rose of Versailles was not accessible until very recently. I watched it when it was put out on DVD as my first 70's anime. But granted, I do stuff now like watch 5 anime per release year.
Jun 26, 2017 2:37 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah,I do. That said, since I don't know about the genres (I my case that would be mecha and Harem, I know many people don't even think of them as genres but in this post I will treat them as such) I'm supposing to dislike, I can't really tell if they aren't my cup of tea without trying. And with trying I mean to watch at least half a dozen of shows from that genre.

And yeah I'm watching anime from every year as long as they look promising, haven't seen much older stuff like from the 90's and 80's let alone the 70's, but atm I'm willing to give a few of them a shot.

I'm doing seasonals since I started with anime as a hobby at the beginning of 2016, so far I only picked a hand full of shows during each season, this season it was slightly different, tho. Sequels and spinoffs aside, I picked up 16 shows and 2 short anime. I would be lying if I would say that I thought every one of them would end up beeing good. Of course it's almost inevitable that there will be some mediocre and bad stuff among them too, but I don't see it as something negative, it's quite the opposite. Experiencing them helps me to appreciate the great, good and above average shows more. It's also a lot fun to discover the one (sometimes even two or more) gems of the season among the mass of mediocrity. It's a different sensation as when I pick up a completed show which has already a good reputation. I think with this I have answered your last question, I kinda think of myself as an explorer as stupid as it may sound :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2017 2:39 PM

Jul 2015
When I was new yes
Now I just focus on things I like
Jun 26, 2017 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
I'm open to everything except battle shounens and tryhardtobesodeepanduniques
Yet I'm enjoying the most SOL and melodrama.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 26, 2017 2:40 PM

Apr 2015
Idk would I call it me trying new things... It's more like I just try to search stuff I didn't know existed now and then because I'm interested to see what animation has to give. For example last week I watched some german short animations from the 1970 that were porn parodies.

I'm not that stuck in one genre and can appreciate other things in a work that may not be the best option for me. And I have watched anime series only because of voice actors so I see no reason why I wouldn't try a show that at first doesn't look like my thing. But I also always try to watch the whole shit show so I try not to pick any 50+ episode long series unless I'm really tempted to see it.

Romance is a genre I have hard time and I have tried watching horror/romance movies to make it more tolerable but those often are really boring to me.
konkeloJun 26, 2017 2:45 PM
Jun 26, 2017 2:44 PM

Jun 2011
sakamoto-kun said:

I'm doing seasonals since I started with anime as a hobby at the beginning of 2016, so far I only picked a hand full of shows during each season, this season it was slightly different, tho. Sequels and spinoffs aside, I picked up 16 shows and 2 short anime. I would be lying if I would say that I thought every one of them would end up beeing good. Of course it's almost inevitable that there will be some mediocre and bad stuff among them too, but I don't see it as something negative, it's quite the opposite. Experiencing them helps me to appreciate the great, good and above average shows more. It's also a lot fun to discover the one (sometimes even two or more) gems of the season among the mass of mediocrity. It's a different sensation as when I pick up a completed show which has already a good reputation. I think with this I have answered your last question, I kinda think of myself as an explorer as stupid as it may sound :D

ABSOLUTELY NOT STUPID. And completely how I view it. I think it really helps me not to have standards that keep me from liking things? Does that make sense? Like for a while I watched only what I thought would be good and I was disappointed so much. I think I am more disappointed by shows I think will be good and aren't as good as I wanted (Orange) than shows which don't even animate and give me something more than I thought (Kagewani). Like I think going in with no expectations of a show makes me like more shows.

It is pretty unfair to constantly want a show to be as good as my absolute #1 favorite.

Jun 26, 2017 2:51 PM

Aug 2015
I was sceptical about watching Youjo Senki during its heyday since it is a historical anime. And then oh boi I was wrong, who would've thought instilling magic on a modern warfare be a good idea, not in my wildest dream.
Jun 26, 2017 3:11 PM

Nov 2016
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
sakamoto-kun said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT STUPID. And completely how I view it. I think it really helps me not to have standards that keep me from liking things? Does that make sense? Like for a while I watched only what I thought would be good and I was disappointed so much. I think I am more disappointed by shows I think will be good and aren't as good as I wanted (Orange) than shows which don't even animate and give me something more than I thought (Kagewani). Like I think going in with no expectations of a show makes me like more shows.

It is pretty unfair to constantly want a show to be as good as my absolute #1 favorite.

Of course it makes sense, without knowing the difference between good and bad how do you want to know what good really feels like, some people won't get it and think of this habit as a waste of time, but it's a good thing if it helps you to keep enjoying your hobby.

Keeping expectations low is usually better, but that's also easier said than done, when let's say the show is extremely popular and has a high mean score or it has a very appealing premise, having some kind of expectation is pretty normal under such circumstances. That's why I think seasonals usually have it easier to be liked by me.

I'm absolutely with you concerning your last sentence, comparing every show with your nr.1 isn't fair at all and it will definitely ruin the experience, since chances are almost 0 that it will as good.

Reminds me of a close friend whom I recommended Shingeki no Bahamut, he was comparing it with his nr.1 Attack on Titan and surprise, surprise he hated the show after finishing it and called it trash ^^
FMmatronJun 26, 2017 3:14 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2017 3:28 PM

Mar 2015
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Like, example, started watching anime heavily in 2001. So watching anime from 1995 and earlier would be "before my time" for the most part. Stuff that wasn't airing when I was first a fan. Stuff that never came to the states and never was on a streaming site for a long time.

When I started heavily watching I just went to whatever streaming sites looking for titles that caught my eye. Didn't really pay much attention to release year. That said, most of the stuff I watched back then was from the early to mid-00s. That's... technically before 2007.

I don't usually go for stuff that aired before 1998.
Sailor Moon and Slayers are lookin' pretty nice though, so I'll be watching those sometime in the future.
Jun 26, 2017 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
I do try to explore, I still consider myself a newb and I try my best to try as much as I can even if it means dropping a lot.

I enjoy all genres tbh, so I don't really care about them other than which I like more and which less.

I do not watch all seasonals, but perhaps I should, that would mean even more dropping tho, and if a lot captures my attenntionthat means a kot seasonals and not enough to watch older, finished shows.
Jun 26, 2017 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
I like to consider myself a pretty open minded individual, thought i will admit that i still have a certain stigma in regards to certain genres such as music, vampire and shoujo. That isn't to say that everything within those genres are bad (there are series that i have in fact watched from those genres that were quite good), but i just have a hard time being sold by their premises most of the time.

I am mostly a seasonal anime watched myself, but yes i have watched some older series and cult classics.
Jun 26, 2017 4:10 PM

Jun 2015
I watch anything if the synopsis sounds interesting..
I am not a huge fan of romance animes, but i tried reading romance manga and i enjoy that i guess
Jun 26, 2017 4:25 PM
Jan 2015
I've never been one to stick to one thing. I swing rapidly between watching something lighthearted and comedic and something really dark. And I always make an effort to try something every season that I am on the fence about.
Jun 26, 2017 4:33 PM

Feb 2010
I do pretty much treat anime or any other entertainment medium as an explorer. Which is why I'm not rewatching very much. That's like archeology, which can also be interesting but exploring is way more fun for me. I 'conquered' more and more genres over the years including a lot of stuff I would have never touched when I first started. But there are a few remaining that I mostly avoid, although I have gotten better at finding ecchi shows that appeal to me even if they're very rare, and even seen one or two Yaoi that I liked. But it's more like I can enjoy some shows from those genres despite their genre, not so much because of it. While in the past I avoided genres like slice of life or romance that ended up becoming stuff that I actively seek out. But I think I pretty much discovered my stance for all genres by now since there's nothing anymore that I completely avoid. And some genres like ecchi, harem, yaoi, mahou shoujo are just much less appealing to me on average than most others.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 26, 2017 4:38 PM
Jul 2015
Yes I do. Not as much as I should but I still try. You need to keep exploring because you never know where you might find a treasure :)
Jun 26, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2012
My taste in anime started out pretty narrow, only watching a few select genres, but I expanded my interests at I'd say I have pretty broad taste now. I'd watch just about anything, regardless of genre or demographic if the plot description interested me, even try shows from genres I normally dislike every once in a while. Hell, a genre I normally avoided is now one of my favorites.

I also do a little archeology every once in while and dig up some older shows to watch.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 26, 2017 6:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
not as much as i used to.. theres usually enough ecchi, harem, or CGDCT to fill 15-20 spots a season
Jun 26, 2017 6:28 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Yeah, I generally prefer to go in blind. I basically explore without a map. And while I'm not generally bias towards most genres, I have noticed harem and reverse harem to generally disappoint me more than half the time.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jun 26, 2017 6:39 PM

Jun 2015
I'm an explorer but I'm not necessarily the type to dive in blind or just for the heck of it. I gotta stalk and study my target before I attack!!! YEAH, STALK THAT BITCH!!!

I'm not as open minded (with anime) as other users are but recently, I'm less prone to automatically decline suggestions outside my taste buds yo. Overall, I'm still a very picky anime watcher though.

At the end of the day, it depends on my mood but I do have genres that I absolutely do not accept as 'watchable' consciously e.g. Mecha,
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Jun 26, 2017 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
Not particularly.

I'm a bit more interested in eventually becoming well-versed in the genres I do have an interest in then doing significant exploration in various other ones. That's not to say I won't touch them, but I know where my focus lies.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jun 26, 2017 7:13 PM

Jun 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
not as much as i used to.. theres usually enough ecchi, harem, or CGDCT to fill 15-20 spots a season

Nothing wrong with being a specialist. :)
Jun 26, 2017 7:20 PM

Apr 2017
Sure, no matter how much I said I dislike a genre I will still watch them because it mix into something I enjoy, someone manage to convince me to give it a shot or I hear so many people talk about that I have to see it for myself.

Like School Days. The only reason I even watch it because I keep hearing people saying how it's the worst anime ever made or YouTubers constantly talking about how I shouldn't watch it.
Jun 26, 2017 7:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

lol i used to be more varied, then i realized there was no reason to let what others think influence what i watch, so since then i've just stuck to pretty much only fanservice lol

i used to watch certain anime "just to prove i'll watch it", but fuck that.. ill watch what the fuck i want to lol
Jun 26, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

lol i used to be more varied, then i realized there was no reason to let what others think influence what i watch, so since then i've just stuck to pretty much only fanservice lol

i used to watch certain anime "just to prove i'll watch it", but fuck that.. ill watch what the fuck i want to lol

I used to specialize... actually ran out of anime...
Jun 26, 2017 7:58 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

I used to specialize... actually ran out of anime...

speaking of specializing in anime..

i have lineup of 23 anime for Summer 2017, that'll be the most i've ever watched a season @___@

for this current ending season i watched 16, going with my "no less than 15 a season" rule, awe man am i gonna be stacked this summer, so many cute/hot/sexy girl shows to fap to watch XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

223 by iftsistrnn »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

62 by _ATG_ »»
7 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

58 by _ATG_ »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

85 by maya2003s »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

27 by shiro-seishun »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.