Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah I knew, Zero still misses Mercenary.

Poor Albus, still trapped like a bird in a cage and being put on public dislay...
Seems this episode explores some storytelling about false executions of witches.

Pretty tense episode as I had expected. I'm surprised how well Mercenary works with another beast though.
Stark700May 29, 2017 7:05 PM
May 29, 2017 9:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wolf guy is glorious, i like him. I didn't know what role he played before but now we know. He's a womanizer and just goes with the flow and happened to meet Sorena and her granddaughter.

He carried the whole episode for me (also the reveal which was obvious though after a while).

More of Wolf guy and Mercenary interactions please.
May 29, 2017 9:35 AM

Jun 2015
It's sad to see Zero miss Mercenary. So Albus is Sorena's granddaughter. I can't say I didn't' see that coming. Got to see some backstory for Hordem. He's been protecting Sorena's granddaughter. Thirteen is really good at manipulating people.
May 29, 2017 9:40 AM

Jan 2015
Judging from the "slightly-new" Visual of the OP, I guess mr. Dog face is gonna join the Trio?
So Mercenary and mr. dog face are having some Beast fallen chat about their past in the forest. But the time is running near for Albus to make his decision, whether to get alongside Thirteen or get burned in stake. And his answer leads mr. dog face and Mercenary back to the city to do the rescue.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 29, 2017 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Wolf Guy is actually not a bad guy, he's pretty cool in his own way. xD
As most people here were predicting, looks like Albus is indeed Sorena's granddaughter, what's more is that Sorena was probably setup by the guy who stole the grimoire in the first place.

I liked how Wolf and Mercenary worked together to save Albus, the action was pretty decent. Them carriage brawls. xD
May 29, 2017 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
So it's been confirmed that Albus is Sorena's granddaughter. Not surprising.

I like the wolf guy. A cool person.

I wonder what Thirteen is planning.

May 29, 2017 10:07 AM
May 2013
Can someone please confirm whether Albus is Male or Female ... I'm using HS and while Albus is revealed as Sorena's Granddaughter, Both Mercenary and Wolf (?) still refer to Albus as 'him" sometimes ... is this mis-translation ?
May 29, 2017 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
Now all that remains is for him to realize about Zeros little magical spell on him; and to of course go get the person he misses back and deal with thirteen / him ; kinda figued albus was a girl by the reactions showed especially when zero and merc were sleeping together. Glad to see its settled now lol
May 29, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
So is Albus actually male or female? They keep swapping between "he" and "she" so much that it's just downright confusing really. That aside, I don't particularly like this revelation about Albus' importance considering how inept and pointless he feels as a character, but it is an interesting development nonetheless, although how things go from here isn't really clear.
May 29, 2017 10:41 AM

Sep 2015
So did Albus use magic to genderswap or what?
Into the Internet!
May 29, 2017 10:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Albus theory confirmed lol

At first I didn't really like the wolf guy but this episode made me see him in an entirely new and pleasant light and now I can't help myself to like a lot and hopefully he doesn't die at the end of all this

13 continues to annoy me though and I want him dead even more now
May 29, 2017 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
call me dumb, but I just noticed that 13 has Dio's Voice lmao (I was expecting ZA WARUDO there XD)

well things are getting interesting now, Albus is a Girl then? and Zero is waiting for his beloved beast to save her... can't wait
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 29, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2013
The biggest twist of the episode was knowing wolf guy was a bishie when he was human.
I wonder if Albus is male or female. "She" is refered as Sorena's granddaughter though the episode, but later both Mercenary and Wolf still refer to "her" as "boy" after they escaped from Plasta.
May 29, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2015
What is Albus' gender? Totally confused because at the end Wolf-kun used "him".
May 29, 2017 12:41 PM
Dec 2016
okay in the execution scene the whole drawing was terrible...but i like it some way...sometimes i think 13 may be right...but a idont really know what should i think
May 29, 2017 12:51 PM

Mar 2016
Wow Albus is actually Sorena's grandaughter!!! I didn't see that coming what a shock! I really like the direction the story is headed now I just hope they can wrap it all up without rushing at the end
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 29, 2017 1:04 PM

Aug 2015
Hinata said:

Maybe the typesetter is just getting confused ahahah.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 29, 2017 1:37 PM

Mar 2014
I actually really like Mr Wolf (Holdem?) and the fact that he's joined the party.

He is even in the opening now, standing next to the others.
May 29, 2017 1:48 PM

Sep 2016
I ddin't saw so much problem with the design at the execution scene, actually i liked a lot lol

Also i liked of Mr. Wolf-san joining to the protagonists party by now. I didn't like him at firt but with his episode i saw him with other eyes. But the real questions is: Albus genre, Albus is a girl or a boy. I never was so confused with a character genre before as i am with Albus.

Armins2May 29, 2017 1:51 PM
May 29, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2007
Hinata said:

I mean, he would know best, right.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

May 29, 2017 2:07 PM

Sep 2013
Wolf guy a bro, he willingly became a beast and took of of albus who is sorena's granddaughter :O
He and yohei rescue her and escape the pursuit.
May 29, 2017 2:26 PM

Sep 2010
Hmmm, I'm really suspicious of Thirteen at this point. I kinda wonder if Thirteen is actually the mysterious "Him" we keep hearing about or, is actually working with "Him" in secret. Do not trust in the slightest. Hope Zero pulls out the eldritch horror card and toasts him ;P
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
May 29, 2017 2:37 PM

May 2015
Oh wow, wolf guy is actually a pretty decent guy, lol.

Good episode.

May 29, 2017 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
Thirteen that bastard, I doubt that he actually cares for Zero. It's so sweet how much Zero cares for "her" mercenary
May 29, 2017 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
Albus is pretty mature for his her age, his little speech wasn't half bad.

I also liked the chemistry between Youhei and the wolf guy, the way he was called aniki made it look like they were old friends. Quite surprising that the wolf was turned into a beastfallen on his own will.

Thirteen showed his skills at manipulating people again, he also knows about the spell Zero put on Youhei. Let's see if the assassins he's sending are a threat or just fodder.

Lol @ the soldier who got blown away by the tree xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 29, 2017 2:58 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
What? Wolf guy suddenly turned good after enslaving three girls and was attempting to kill the Mercenary, surprising that the Merc just trust him like that. He is still not decent even a bit in my eyes.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 29, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
That rescue went way too smoothly, where was the preemptive defense????? Those shackles were undone so easily too.
May 29, 2017 5:30 PM

Dec 2016
No surprises that Zero & Mercenary still need each other, hopefully they can reunite soon, maybe the next episode because of the title?

I was able to put 2 and 2 together after I saw the blonde hair of Sorena's granddaughter and Hordem saying that Zero smelt like her.

I don't dislike Hordem anymore after this episode, he really wanted to help Sorena and was looking after Albus.
May 29, 2017 5:54 PM
Apr 2017
Best episode so far
The action and the joke is pretty well here
Love that sorena flashback and wolf guy is cool bro lol
And albus finally show up as a girl lol, not suprise
May 29, 2017 6:55 PM

Jul 2014
Rayrin said:
What? Wolf guy suddenly turned good after enslaving three girls and was attempting to kill the Mercenary, surprising that the Merc just trust him like that. He is still not decent even a bit in my eyes.
IKR I can't forget that either.
May 29, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
Rayrin said:
Here I was wondering if anyone else caught how they just expect us to forget that.
May 29, 2017 8:26 PM

Jun 2014
So the theory of Albus being Sorena's granddaughter has been confirmed. Looks like the wolf dude might join their group at this point, since he's so fixated on protecting Albus. Kind of odd though, seeing as how just a few episodes ago he had 3 slaves....

I also thought it was interesting how Thirteen showed concern for Zero when he interfered when the guard attacked Mercenary. I wonder if he actually cares about her or if he doesn't want her to be harmed because he has bigger plans that involve her....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 29, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2017
Solena, status before deceased, grandmother, visual age, 21.
any see the preview, seems like they are in the tavern from back in ep7.
May 29, 2017 8:42 PM

Sep 2015
Exciting episode. Loved it. Seems like everything is connecting together. All makes sense now, great series. Wonder if we get to see the cute tavern girl again.
The wolf is now in their group based on the opening. Despite how he is somewhat of a nice guy relating to Sorena and Albus, he is still play around with woman -_- like those slave girls.
May 29, 2017 8:56 PM

Sep 2014
1. Send out the assassins.
2. I want them all alive.
3. ??????????????????

I was under the impression that Wolf Guy enslaved three girls.
May 29, 2017 9:37 PM

Dec 2013
Wolf guy is suddenly a pretty awesome bro.

Not surprised that it was actually a girl but I didn't think she would be related to Sorena.

Sends out assassins to capture them alive? LOL
May 29, 2017 10:57 PM

Jul 2012
SkyLETV said:
Rayrin said:

Slavery is not uncommon in their world, so.....
He was just doing what others were doing.
よろしく!
May 29, 2017 11:23 PM

Sep 2013
I miss Zero. What is this series without its main gal?
May 29, 2017 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
Glad something happened in these last two episodes. I was really off put by the start of episode six and the whole "DINNERTIME!" timeout they did. said the innkeeper girl didn't stay she was gelbooru material.
May 30, 2017 12:58 AM

Apr 2015
Well that was short. Merc has a lot of possible ship

Merc x Zero
Merc x 13
Merc x wolf-kun
Merc x tavern girl
Merc x albus(?)
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 30, 2017 1:00 AM

Oct 2016
*Wants the protagonists captured alive
*Sends assassins

LOGIC BRUH
May 30, 2017 1:09 AM

Apr 2015
ariacelesta said:
SkyLETV said:

I dunno man. if wolf-kun is really looking for Albus then what does that have to do with keeping slaves? Also Sorena is his moral figure according to his backstory, what happened to his morality and he started keeping slaves? I thought the whole point of wanting to be a wolf is to turn his back from his degenerate life as a human, so why go back to his degenerate life when he's now a wolf?

in the end he is a bastard through and through
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 30, 2017 2:34 AM

May 2010
And Albus is revealed to be a girl. And an important character on top of that.

Wolf guy sure is inconsistent. Found the whole backstory a bit forced. Wish he wasn't so corrupt before and I wouldn't mind.

13-ban is so annoying. Want to know more about his backstory.
May 30, 2017 5:34 AM
Dec 2011
This episode illustrates alot of what I find difficult about this series.

Dog-face's two faces, he volunteers to help Sorena, but enslaves innocents, wants to kill for revenge over some fur, then is actually on a big mission to save Albus.
Sorena, who is old, kind, wise, and seriously thinks her unjust death will solve something (anything?).
The mercenary, who has been betrayed repeatedly on the battlefield, but trusts dog-face when he pulls this story completely against all previous encounters with him.
He can also run in a straight line at full speed through a crowd of humans, whilst not getting any closer to his goal.
Albus, who inherited the flame-proof gene of his/her grandmother, a teenager(?) that can endure the immense pain of being burnt at the stake (a torturous and graphic way to publicly illustrate the folly of sin) without a sound, and encourages peace-loving witches to strike down and kill a kingdom official in public (so that they can live in harmony).
The mob, whose age old hatred of witches only started witch hunts a few years ago etc.

Emiya-kun needs to talk to 13th about what assassins do.

Also, this episode lacked the Zero x Mercenary banter.
May 30, 2017 5:35 AM

Nov 2013
Goku said:
1. Send out the assassins.
2. I want them all alive.
3. ??????????????????

I was under the impression that Wolf Guy enslaved three girls.

Germs_N_Spices said:
*Wants the protagonists captured alive
*Sends assassins

LOGIC BRUH

i actually was thinking the same thing, usually assassins (at least in games) are not exactely tanks and if they can't kill fast they probably are useless =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 30, 2017 6:31 AM

Apr 2011
I never thought the wolf guy would be good. Him and Merc would be a good beast duo.

I'm not surprise if Albus is female...because I got spoiled. lol

May 30, 2017 6:34 AM

Jun 2010
I miss Freckles.

Also I guess Albus is a girl. I know what fan art of that.

I wonder if Albus was intentionally trying to make her self out to be boyish, or if she just rolled with it when they made the mistake.
May 30, 2017 8:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Goddarn it! Why the heck did they save Albus?!! Now we have to put up with him/her until the end.

I like Wolf dude.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 30, 2017 10:01 AM
Aug 2011
kidlat020 said:
ariacelesta said:

I dunno man. if wolf-kun is really looking for Albus then what does that have to do with keeping slaves? Also Sorena is his moral figure according to his backstory, what happened to his morality and he started keeping slaves? I thought the whole point of wanting to be a wolf is to turn his back from his degenerate life as a human, so why go back to his degenerate life when he's now a wolf?

in the end he is a bastard through and through

He is a bastard, just he does at least have a good side to him.

Yeah he owned slaves and tried to have merc murdered which shows he isn't a morally sound person.

Hell before this he was a spoiled rich kid who had a harem of women.
May 30, 2017 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
ariacelesta said:
SkyLETV said:

What a nice excuse ^^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

150 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

64 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

82 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2017

113 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.