Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2017 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Naoto and his fascination about gears...
I think he acts like a kid at a candy store sometimes.

Otherwise, I still have pretty mixed feelings about Naoto's role in this show including this episode. While he does have talent and is determine to prove himself, I just find it hard to like him.
Apr 27, 2017 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
So the saved the day but the episode was a bit to melodramatic for me
It was nice to see the plan fail tho.
But it seems something new is up already.
Apr 27, 2017 12:46 PM

Dec 2014
Well it is improving at least. There is still the evident contrast between extreme silliness from the start of the ep and the overdramatic second half; but at least we finally get to see a couple of different expressions of concern and sadness from MC.
The OST is not bad at all either.
Maybe there is still hope for this anime, I like the setting too much to drop it just yet (if at all).

RyuZu being honest
AnathorApr 27, 2017 1:04 PM
Apr 27, 2017 1:03 PM

Jun 2015
Naoto's fascination about gears in this episode was annoying. He was helpful find the gears, but the purge still continued. RyuZu sacrificed herself to stop it and returned back.
Apr 27, 2017 1:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Anathor said:
Well it is improving at least. There is still the evident contrast between extreme silliness from the start of the ep and the overdramatic second half; but at least we finally get to see a couple of different expressions of concern and sadness from MC.
Maybe there is still hope for this anime, I like the setting too much to drop it just yet (if at all).

RyuZu being honest
Pretty much this.....But I'm starting to like Naoto and everyone else a bit more now
Apr 27, 2017 1:07 PM

Jul 2008
Did you all pay attention to what RyuZU said near the end? That she's made out of umm, 4,276,688,663 gears in total. And apparently "Y" more or less single handedly engineered/created her.

So even if "Y" spent 100 years in creating her, he'd have had to install approzimately 117170 gears per day. Suuuuuuuuure seems plausable? Haha

"Y" must've been half immortal or had some ability to control machinese to help his with his work. Hope we get something like a series of flashbacks from RyuZU at some point from that time long past.

Apr 27, 2017 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
This is one of the most underrated series ever. I won't be surprised if the score will drop under 6,for totally unknown reason. Too much new people started watching anime I guess, or too much shounen/normalfags expected an another trashy action-focused series.
Great episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 27, 2017 1:29 PM
Mar 2016
rsc-pl said:
This is one of the most underrated series ever. I won't be surprised if the score will drop under 6,for totally unknown reason. Too much new people started watching anime I guess, or too much shounen/normalfags expected an another trashy action-focused series.
Great episode.

If most people don't like the series, it must be for a reason
Apr 27, 2017 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
The gears are fixed and the purge is stopped after ryuzu nearly dies using her heart imaginary gear.
2 geniuses manage to get her functioning again.
Apr 27, 2017 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
I really wanted to see this AnchoR girl.

Marie was great in this episode.

I was expecting Naoto to do something in this episode. Hope he actually does something soon.

Apr 27, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2016
Someone should make an ASRM loop of the ending.
*tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock*

skyUFO said:
Did you all pay attention to what RyuZU said near the end? That she's made out of umm, 4,276,688,663 gears in total. And apparently "Y" more or less single handedly engineered/created her.

So even if "Y" spent 100 years in creating her, he'd have had to install approzimately 117170 gears per day. Suuuuuuuuure seems plausable? Haha

lol
CaptainETApr 27, 2017 2:26 PM
Apr 27, 2017 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
Crisis averted I suppose.

OST for the final parts was great but the actual context was a little melodramatic, not too bad though.

The PV was good. ;)
Apr 27, 2017 2:35 PM

Feb 2016
rsc-pl said:
Great episode.

is not an Unknown reason, they have a reason to dislike it and give low score (me included), this show just doesn't make any sense, characters are worthless and annoying

also, let me tell you that you are wrong, being new watching anime doesn't mean anything with liking or not this show, in fact, if I were new in Anime, I could possibly like this anime, but I just can't, we have reasons to dislike it, as you and others have reasons to like it. neither is the fact of "normal fags that wants trashy action anime" there are anime with this kind of setting done better than this
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 27, 2017 2:36 PM

Dec 2015
I was hoping after last week's episode things would get good or at least stay average, but I was wrong. I feel like one of these episodes Naoto is going to ejaculate on some gears, wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Holy shit the "mastermind" behind this purge was actually a huge idiot lmao I can't believe this anime.

Yikes, hoping for better things next week.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 27, 2017 2:42 PM

Feb 2016
joe_g7 said:
I feel like one of these episodes Naoto is going to ejaculate on some gears, wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Holy shit the "mastermind" behind this purge was actually a huge idiot lmao I can't believe this anime.

Ikr? this anime is just... unbelievable, I can actually see him having "sex" with a big gear for no reason

For things like that "mastermind" I can't take this anime seriously
~Blackwall
Apr 27, 2017 3:01 PM

Aug 2013
Jack_Corvus96 said:

What? So everything must be logical, everything should be doable in real world, you can't just enjoy nice ideas like a planet built from gears, or nice android / automata as a second main character?
Btw, if it comes to 'mastermind'.
His passion to the gears is a little exaggerated, but it was a pretty common thing in last decade and earlier. This series feels exactly like something taken from last decade, and that's why I just like it. Nothing wrong with a little absurdity. People who are new into anime or people who are only watching the most popular series have a problem with this pretty often. I can see it especially when I'm looking to the threads of older series (and I'm reading newer posts).
Not mentioning that he was mentioned as 'the one with special ability'.
rsc-plApr 27, 2017 3:12 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 27, 2017 3:20 PM

Dec 2016
Damn RyuZU be like don't worry about my life I will save 20 million others instead.

I like the attitude of the older professor, don't worry I'll fix it later.

Thank goodness they managed to save RyuZU and everyone else in the process.

Now they have that government and military mob to deal with plus that other robot at the end there.

She looks like she will be a handful.
Apr 27, 2017 3:31 PM

Mar 2016
The anime is finally starting to have a fluid feel to the story which is great and I was glad to see the conclusion of this whole purge plot line. I was stunned by RyuZU's sacrifice and I was so happy when she came back at the end! The characters are still a little underdeveloped at this point but give it time I'm sure we will get more exposition in the next few episodes now that the first big event is over and done with. I'm interested to see the new character we saw briefly at the end (who I assume is AnchoR). Good so far can't wait to see next weeks episode!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Apr 27, 2017 3:43 PM

Feb 2016
rsc-pl said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

What? So everything must be logical, everything should be doable in real world, you can't just enjoy nice ideas like a planet built from gears, or nice android / automata as a second main character?

You don't seem to understand my point, I don't really have a problem with the story and the setting of it to begin with (a planet made by gears is quite original) but my MAJOR problem with it, are the characters and how it "develops", maybe you like characters that likes to yell for everything with huge doses of cringe. now don't misunderstand me, I do like crazy characters. But Naoto is only a device for cringe-y "comedy" that has a sexual fantasies with clock gears.

I'm sorry but you gotta try harder.

an example for good crazy plot with nice ideas and crazy characters is FLCL

I really tried to like this anime, the first 2 episodes were actually nice, but the characters just ruins it for me and it went downhill, is just the same case of Mayoiga, that had a nice concept, but then they ruin it and it ended being garbage
CrimsonWandererApr 28, 2017 7:16 AM
~Blackwall
Apr 27, 2017 4:00 PM

May 2015
An ok episode at best, really.

Apr 27, 2017 5:12 PM

Apr 2014
This show is actually bad. I really am trying to like this as the premise of the show is pretty interesting, but the execution is so bad that it just becomes borderline unbearable to watch.
Apr 27, 2017 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
I can't roll my eyes any harder. I'm trying but can't. If new characters don't add anything good to this, it'll be a drop because zero entertainment value.
Apr 27, 2017 6:40 PM

Jun 2014
They successfully saved the 20 million people, and RyuZu escaped being sacrificed (not surprisingly, there's no way they'd kill her off 4 episodes in). That "tick tock" thing at the end seemed interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 27, 2017 7:18 PM

Jul 2014
Anathor said:

RyuZu being honest
Pretty much this x2

RyuZU RyuZU RyuZU I just want more RyuZU. The PV is the best of this episode.
Apr 27, 2017 7:19 PM

Oct 2012
Some truly amazing gear repair.
Apr 27, 2017 7:26 PM

Oct 2011
whoa they saved the city. Yay
Apr 27, 2017 9:31 PM

Jan 2015
Naoto's totally getting "high" the moment he pass that gate. Shame on you Naoto, for makes RyuZU sulking like that.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 28, 2017 12:04 AM

Dec 2014
skyUFO said:

"Y" must've been half immortal or had some ability to control machinese to help his with his work. Hope we get something like a series of flashbacks from RyuZU at some point from that time long past.

Yeah he was definitely not human. The question is if he was one at the beginning, then transformed himself/got transformed into a machine, or maybe was an android programmed to build all these things by his creator (the real Y).
Wonder if near the end of the series we'll see something like a collective of consciousness of several past scientists mantaining the planet's structure .
AnathorApr 28, 2017 12:29 AM
Apr 28, 2017 12:45 AM

Mar 2016
Don't want to by THAT guy, I'm usually just lurking, but...
Jack_Corvus96 said:
maybe you like characters that likes to yell for everything with huge doses of cringe. now don't misunderstand me, I do like crazy characters. But Naoto is only a device for cringe-y "comedy" that has a sexual fantasies with clock gears.

Is sounds really, really, I mean REALLY strange from someone who has TTGL, Jojo in his favs and who gave 10 to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and 9 to School Rumble where direction of main characters and "funny" scenes with them literally destroyed those series.

Also
Jack_Corvus96 said:

You don't seem to accept others opinions

Weren't you the first one who didn't accept an opinion of the person who likes this series?

Personally I don't give a shit about ratings, and this series is maybe not a masterpiece, but it's still super enjoyable.
furukawa-samaApr 28, 2017 12:48 AM
Apr 28, 2017 2:18 AM
Apr 2016
skyUFO said:

Don't forget about the Imaginary Time, haha.
Apr 28, 2017 5:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An excellent episode.
Im so glad that they managed to stop the purge and in the process stop the military and their meister traitor from killing that many people. To think that Ryu would disable herself and not let that order be a burden for Nauto though. Though they only known each other for days at best it seems that she know;s Nauto pretty well now. At the same time it was also nice to see how much of a bond and attachment Nauto has developed for Ryu as well. Im glad that in the end they managed to fix the purge and fix her heart in time as well. Additionally its nice that we also get to see a demonstration of Mari's skills not just as a leader but also as a fixer. Though both Nauto and Mari are geniuses both are different in their own ways. Mari's bodyguard Halter is proving to be one hell of a character and fighter as well. The last scene with that automaton in red though was kinda creepy like she's waiting for the time to activate. Wonder will she be hostile or friendly.

And now they finally get to their target then
But man that was one hell of a welcome party that they had to break through to get here. Meanwhile the quakes in Kyoto are getting much worst for its people
Lol Nauto and Mari have such different motivations for being at the tower
Hmm so it seems that the rest of the guild that weren't traitors actually stayed behind to help try and solve the problem. Brave and admirable of them. Lol Mari's introduction of Nauto was completely derailed. But its nice that Nauto's interest is restricted to gears though. Lol Ryu reminding Nauto that he should be focused on other more critical matters but adding that she's displeased that he's praising the machine there more than he's praising her lol. Jealousy with logic eh. Lol Ryu is just such a great character here. The false tears was a great addition as well. Lol Mari's reaction to seeing this scene was hillarious. Hmm Mari is really well respected by her guild though and for good reason but its nice to see this. Locating one malfunctioning gear in that room thats full of them must require a immense amount of concentration and focus. So his ability is somewhat like a radar for malfunctioning gears eh. Wow to think that there's around 4000 odd imperfections but thankfully only 18 that needs to be fixed to solve the gravity anomaly. Now its a race against time to fix all these within the 3 hours left. Lol Ryu looked a bit displeased when Nauto ordered Ryu to fix the gear and followed Mari's suggestion there. Wow Ryu's task truly is unique for her. To get through all those running gears requires great timing and precise tools that humans just can't have. Hmm Mari has some great maneuverability there and its nice to see that she too has a special skills of her own beyond her innate understanding of gears. Hmm it looks like as a result of everyone's hard work they were able to repair the affected gears and stop the anomaly. Its nice that Naoto's personality is more along the lines of humble though. Still its nice that Nauto accepts the fact that he had been useful to them though.

Blast so even if they repaired it the military are still going ahead with their purge damm them. They are so keen on eradicating all traces of their crime even if it means killing that many people eh. All of their options are now off the table i guess. Its kinda unnerving to see even Mari struggle with figuring out what can be done as well. Hmm since Mari came up with the option Nauto too would have as well. Given his attachment to her using Ryu this way is something that he will be support. Hmm to think that Ryu would disable herself to not put the burden of issuing such a command to Nauto though. Though they only known each other briefly she understands his personality more than others i think. Plus her attachment to him as well also played a role in trying to protect him. Still on seeing this its nice that Naoto realizes the gravity of her actions there though. Lol the military doing so much to destroy the city only to see it being pushed back towards them. Damm so it seems the military is determined to perform the purge and anyone that stands in their way is to be killed. Mari's bodyguard though really steals the show every time he goes into action. He's one hell of a fighter though. Lol the quote this is good there's no need to aim. Hmm the old man meister sure is full of surprises. Watching Mari and Nauto fight against the military as they reverse the purge is nail biting and interesting though. Hopefully Ryu's heart managed to hold out long enough though. Hmm Ryu's little narration about humanity though was actually pretty good. But the difference here is that you finally meet someone that treats both automatons and humans equally. And that is Nauto. The bond between them really is strong and getting stronger by each episode eh.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2017 7:14 AM

Feb 2016
furukawa-sama said:
Don't want to by THAT guy, I'm usually just lurking, but...
Jack_Corvus96 said:
maybe you like characters that likes to yell for everything with huge doses of cringe. now don't misunderstand me, I do like crazy characters. But Naoto is only a device for cringe-y "comedy" that has a sexual fantasies with clock gears.

Is sounds really, really, I mean REALLY strange from someone who has TTGL, Jojo in his favs and who gave 10 to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and 9 to School Rumble where direction of main characters and "funny" scenes with them literally destroyed those series.

well, aside of the fact of the dumb action of entering intro my profile and see my ratings to see how to defend him... the BIG difference with those anime that you say that the "comedy" destroys them, is that they are meant to be that way (mostly) or you are going to say me that JoJo wasn't bizarre at first? or that TTGL didn't have that feel of crazy at first? or that SR wasn't full comedy at first?

Clockwork Planet had 2 misleading episodes were the MC wasn't really bad, but he suddenly had a drastic change into comedic relief that just doesn't works, also, he doesn't even care about anything but his sexual slave... lets see today's episode, he didn't even care about that area getting destroyed, he only cared about his freaking robot

furukawa-sama said:

Also
Jack_Corvus96 said:

You don't seem to accept others opinions

Weren't you the first one who didn't accept an opinion of the person who likes this series?

well, Certainly its a bit contradictory yes, but I had to disagree with his opinion, calling it "Underrated" he can really like it, but that doesn't quit the fact that this show is doing things in a wrong way

now as the future of the show, I might be wrong, as he might be wrong too, maybe the show redeems itself a bit in the end, or maybe it ends being even worse, who knows
~Blackwall
Apr 28, 2017 8:31 AM

Mar 2009
Did she just say she's made up of 4 trillion gears? They must be the tiniest gears in the world. lol

Well, uh, at least the music's good?
Apr 28, 2017 9:58 AM

Jan 2017
Can someone please add "comedy" to the genre tags of this show. I mean, you can't really take this serious, can you?

the premise of the show was really promising, and at least the visual style (everything has gears) is consistently kept and likeable. Same goes for the soundtrack so far.

But what's that talk about shitty overdone charakters and senseless plot? Isn't it heart-wrenching how Naoto tried to protect his beloved from being sacrificed for the mere sake of 20 million humans that have the intellect of fleas anyway? Let's be honest. If you had your very own four-trillion-parts cute looking loli robot that does as you please you wouldn't give a shit about anything, right? That makes for such an authentic plot...

Btw, did I get this right, next episode the beach scene will be added to the list of totally necessary while quality enhancing fan service? Yosh!
n8furyApr 28, 2017 12:14 PM
Apr 28, 2017 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
I get that they are trying to make Naoto more likable by giving him some character with the useless part they mentioned at one point (kid probably has some self esteem issues) but even with that I can't really like him all that much.

At this point I'm mostly watching this because it's a very unique setting and Ryuzu being an a+ girl.
Apr 28, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2011
I don't hate it as much as everyone else but find the series to be decent but Jesus the art and animation is uncanny valley levels of nightmare fuel.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 28, 2017 5:21 PM

Feb 2015
Pure cringe. Other episodes were fine, but this was just straight trash.
Apr 28, 2017 9:32 PM
Oct 2014
This is where the show officially lost me. I was giving this one a chance because the concept was interesting enough and the OP was decent, episode 1 had some weird stuff that caught my eye (I'm not going to hide that I enjoyed the finger-sucking scene)... and then nothing happened.

• Slow. Eps 1-4 were about two episodes worth of content. This all felt like a prologue and dragged on horribly. We still haven't gotten to any of the weird transformations in the OP and we're a third of the way through the show.
  • Cheap. Most of the animation is Quality and rushed. The least you can do during a dramatic closeup moment is make the person's face symmetrical. And no I'm not talking about the gears with regard to animation because they don't matter.
  • Speaking of which, gears used as spam worldfiller (to replace real worldbuilding!) and not mattering in any scientific way. This is your whole concept. It doesn't work if you get lazy and just wallpaper everything with pointless clutter.
  • Characterization was one of the things carrying this show in episodes 1-2 but they quickly went just as flat as the sea of redundant gears on screen.
  • wait we're seriously on a beach episode already after only about 2 episodes of real content ahaha oh no... oh dear...

Maybe the manga's better but I'm out. Wasted potential.
Apr 28, 2017 10:31 PM

Jun 2015
Yeah, this series is pretty much trash.. There was potential in it and the concept seemed cool, but at this point I'm just kind of watching just for the sake of it. I don't hate it as much as some others do, but it is definitely bad. I can't seemed to like Naoto at all, and the animation gets creepy sometimes. RyuZU is really the only good part. This episode especially was bad.
Apr 29, 2017 12:25 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was not as bad as the previous , but that doesn't mean that the show is good. I still have problems with the lack of charisma of the main characters and it's clear that in some situations they rush a lot of events

so, at least for me (that didn't read the original material) it's hard to understand why some things happen.
Apr 30, 2017 3:06 AM

Oct 2008
it was a fine episode...full of gear fixing like its a big deal.
I'm still waiting for AnchoR to show-up...
3/5.

Apr 30, 2017 7:49 AM

Apr 2016
Better than the first ones ! It gets interesting ~

❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
Apr 30, 2017 10:27 AM

Nov 2009
skyUFO said:

Consider this: Y created enough machinery to keep a whole guild, full of scheming noble families, busy just repairing them.
Consider this: Y rebuilt Earth out of gears. Besides just making no sense, that's a project on an impossible scale even with full cooperation of modern Earth.

Y has to be an over-the-top esper with power over gears at the very least. Maybe an outright god with a fascination with machinery.

MasterHavik said:
I don't hate it as much as everyone else but find the series to be decent but Jesus the art and animation is uncanny valley levels of nightmare fuel.

That was unexpected. I did not notice anything special about the art and animation.
Only "just put some gears on it and call it steampunk" aesthetic. I mean, they even have gear-branded chocolate.

Jack_Corvus96 said:
I can't take this anime seriously

Well, just don't do it. Enjoy the ride!
See the love triangle between a guy, a robot girl, and some shamelessly exposed machinery.
See clock repair people repair gears by throwing tools at them. See them disassemble robots mid-fight, at range.
flannanApr 30, 2017 10:43 AM
May 2, 2017 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
This episode was a solid 3/10.
May 16, 2017 8:17 AM

Apr 2009
Wait, are we supposed to be taking a show called Clockwork Planet where one of the main characters as gears on the temple of her head seriously? I guess I was doing it wrong.
Jun 21, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2009
OK episode, they managed to stop the purge but they make everything so freaking dramatic when they don't have to. Naoto still annoys the heck out of me too >_< At least the music is pretty good lol. I'm guessing at the end that was RyuZU's little sister? Or at least we get a beach episode out of it :P
Aug 19, 2017 11:47 AM

May 2012
Really great episode, especially that ending! Looking forwards for the next episode.
Aug 25, 2017 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
So fucking absurd
Surreal in a way, maybe a sensation that can only be begotten from anime? Such ridiculousness

And we even get a beach episode. Haha this feeling cannot be described
LanzAug 25, 2017 8:50 AM
Mar 20, 2020 8:53 PM

Mar 2013
Maybe it's because I dislike Naoto but I can't feel anything with the supposed 'emotional moments' in this show.
Jun 13, 2022 2:30 PM

Jan 2020
At this point, I'd rather them just go as ridiculous as possible I guess. They should've let Kyoto fall and created a darker, dystopian feel. Seeing as Naoto already proposed, have him indulge in his lust. This show should just say yes to everything it's suggesting and go all in, because I doubt anyone is taking it seriously anyway.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

42 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.