Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 14, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kyouko Machi is such an adorable character! I love the character chemistry between her and Tetsuo this episode. In particular, she is shy but is able to talk to him like a normal character. I think it's because she's a dullahan that she has a hard time socializing with others.

Also thought Machi's VA did a good job at portraying her personality in this show so far.
I think her character chemistry with the others in particular Hikari was entertaining to watch.

Jan 14, 2017 8:05 AM

Apr 2010
Another informative episode with some very funny moments which was nice.
I liked how sensei helped out the girls like that or more specific Machi.
Hikari helping out in her own way was funny as well tho she did take the change to mess around again, she is very playful.
Jan 14, 2017 9:59 AM

Dec 2016
I really enjoyed this episode. I absolutely adore Hikari and the scenes with her and Machi's body had me laughing.

The over analytical part of my brain had me thinking that if there are only 3 dullahans in the world why isn't there more hype about Machi. Shouldn't she famous or something being so rare?
Jan 14, 2017 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
Very fun ep, especially with the scenes between Hikari and Machi's body.

mightyomega said:
I really enjoyed this episode. I absolutely adore Hikari and the scenes with her and Machi's body had me laughing.

The over analytical part of my brain had me thinking that if there are only 3 dullahans in the world why isn't there more hype about Machi. Shouldn't she famous or something being so rare?

Or maybe it's because they walk around carrying their heads and there's so few of them that people probably would be freaked out rather than be hyped. If there were more dullahans, they'd be more of a common sight so it'd be more likely people would be able to adapt. With vampires and snow women and other demis shown in the show, it's not so obvious what they are unless they tell you.
I need sleep.
Jan 14, 2017 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
Another interesting episode, with lots of expansion on Machi's character and some hints about Yuki as well. Hopefully we get onto her interview soon, but it seems like we'll be moving onto the succubus teacher first, which is perfectly fine by me.
Jan 14, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
It's too late. The "pest" have already seen it. And yes, I really think this become a well-developed quality date thanks to the "pest".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 14, 2017 10:24 AM

Jan 2016
Nice episode and this anime really portrays all the problems they would face pretty well if they were a reality.
Why does everyone like Sensei's arms, haha? But in all seriousness, he's a really respectable guy.
Looks like next episode is the Succubus :O
Jan 14, 2017 10:25 AM

Aug 2015
The tasteful humor and actual look into how these ajin would function in modern society makes this one of the most interesting and entertaining shows this season, I love it.
Jan 14, 2017 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
Very nice episode.

Lot of spotlight on Machi's character and it was really interesting to hear her talk about the things she faces.
The date in the second half was really amusing and fun to watch.
Hikari is quite the mischief maker, her interactions with Machi's body was pretty funny. xD

Was nice of sensei to get approval for Machi to carry a backpack. :)

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 14, 2017 10:27 AM

Dec 2016
lonelytree said:

Or maybe it's because they walk around carrying their heads and there's so few of them that people probably would be freaked out rather than be hyped. If there were more dullahans, they'd be more of a common sight so it'd be more likely people would be able to adapt. With vampires and snow women and other demis shown in the show, it's not so obvious what they are unless they tell you.

Maybe hype wasn't a good word choice. Recognition of who she was, or at the very least what she is. There wasn't that much of a reaction from the public aside from when she started screaming thanks the Hikari messing around back home. Like, a middle aged man is just casually holding a talking severed head and having drinks with it, no big deal.
Jan 14, 2017 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
This anime is really funny, mature and hart worming, I think having your head separated from your body gave you advantage and fun thing to do , you can do two thing at the same time in two different places maybe your body can't see but it's really fun idea..and itchi things lol as hikari said .
And sensei helping her without telling her was really nice even if it was hekari idea I think .

I think in real life also people with disabilities really would like other to deal with them normally, people think That they are considerable but I think it is not the case.
Of course that doesn't mean not helping them when they have problems related to their disabilities.

AlhakamJan 14, 2017 11:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2017 10:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Macchi is way too adorable....Such a nice and respectable girl she is :)

This episode was beyond cute and fun and I am loving the interactions between Sensei and these girls...Also it looks like Succubus Sensei is starting to come around (I kinda want to ship those two together =3)

Great episode overall and I really appreciated the info that we got on Dullahan's and how much are there in this world....It's also really nice to see their teacher try to make their life in school more easier and fun and most of all fair towards them
Jan 14, 2017 10:55 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode!

But I wonder how exatcly dullahans eat and drink? Do they have like a small portal in their oesophagus which leads to the stomach? I wonder if Takahashi will try to investigate it :P
Jan 14, 2017 11:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay this is getting a bit weird...

Really though how did no one in town freak out over seeing a guy walking around with a talking human head? You can't expect me to believe that's a common sight if there are supposedly only 3 dullahan in the world
Jan 14, 2017 11:56 AM

Dec 2016
I'm loving this, they're doing a great job at adapting the manga.
Jan 14, 2017 12:10 PM
Jan 2016
Zinzoo said:
Great episode!

But I wonder how exatcly dullahans eat and drink? Do they have like a small portal in their oesophagus which leads to the stomach? I wonder if Takahashi will try to investigate it :P

Jan 14, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2016
a lot of moe anime this season, this is the worst and just boring

dropped, at least the ending theme is very good
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 14, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
Hikari is love, God, I love her.

Really fun episode based around Machi, I love all the details about their characters, stuff like when they talked about the movement when walking and the correct position to hold her was fantastic.
Jan 14, 2017 12:20 PM

Feb 2016
Machi's character is fun and sweet, and i don't mind her puppy love for her teacher, but Takahashi-sensei is pretty dense if he can't see how inappropriate their "experiment" was.

Still fun tho. Very curious about the other girls.
Jan 14, 2017 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
Better than the first p I guess.
Machi the dullahan goes out with sensei to test holding her head :)

Hikari with them faces.
Jan 14, 2017 12:46 PM

Jul 2007
I don't think i am gonna continue this. Might stay up till the
to see how the show executes that but so far this is underwhelming.

The director is clearly interested int he completely different things in the manga than the manga itself is interested in and catering to the wrong crowds. Thankfully so far they did not go all out with tasteless fanservice but I am worried about next episode. Teacher's plot is SO EASY to get wrong :/

After the way they handled the previous episode there's lack of continuity in terms of Hikari's behavior in this episode. Last episode she was all friendly friendly with the Dullahan and in this episode she is borderline malicious in a lot of it(which makes sense as she does not know her as much yet). The progression of character interactions feels out of order. Which is a problem as strong focus of this is

Not to mention the directing style continues to be lacking to the point of a lot of scenes I liked in manga end up just feeling dull here. It lacks that more somber tone and understated comedy moments and the comedy is played up quite a lot compared to the manga.

The show so far feels like it is taking pages from the manga and just adapting them while adding some anime original comedy and playing up the comedy from manga. There's nothing done to evoke style or to focus on actual interations and conversations. Its not quite Ace Attorney level of meh and there's quite consistent quality through the show but there's clear lack of effort in terms of story-boarding and scene composition. Yet again, this would have been a perfect show for Shaft to handle, not A1.

Instead of having its own identity like manga does, Demi-Chan adaptation ends up feeling like your typical "cute girls" school life show. I can't quite put my finger on WHY but a lot of this feels a lot more tropey than in manga and characters feel a lot less real. Is it the pacing? is it the lack of stylized visuals? I am not sure. But a lot of this feels very "off"
AhenshihaelJan 14, 2017 1:04 PM
Jan 14, 2017 12:47 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Machi is amazing, i love her ;__;

Hikari had quite some fun with Machi's body LOL

The succubus teacher is next, it seems. I would love to see her getting closer to Takahashi.
Jan 14, 2017 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
Hikari is such a troll :'D

mightyomega said:

But it seems that the info about there being only 3 of them isn't that known.
Jan 14, 2017 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, could easily be the best anime this season.
I liked thinking about the intimacy in trusting someone with your head. You're completely helpless and defenseless in that situation and would need COMPLETE trust in the person you're giving your head to. What a dramatic situation it would be for someone to kidnap either your head or body.
Also can not wait to see what happens if a succubus falls in love, should be fun.

HE DIDN'T ASK THE OBVIOUS QUESTION!
How does the food dullahan's eat get from their head to their body. The only answer I could think of, it's converted to pure energy in the form of radio waves and transmitted as data like wifi to the body. The obvious problem is it would be way too much energy to transmit and her head would end up glowing with gamma ray radiation killing everyone within a mile radius of her.

So most likely, it's just magically teleported. Since there are so many other magic elements it's no big deal.
Jan 14, 2017 1:24 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The cuteness continues with Macchi! She's incredibly cute, and I'd love to see her develop friendships with those in her class.

This show is so innocent. I'm really enjoying it a lot.
Jan 14, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
I'm glad that it's not focused only on comedy.
But scenes with Hikari = absolute win. One of my favorite characters of this season.
rsc-plJan 14, 2017 2:21 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
Ah, what naughty things a dullahan is capable of doing that a regular girl can't. Shame there isn't much manga about dullahans... for research purposes.

Hikari poking Machi's boobs was quite amusing lmao.
Jan 14, 2017 2:52 PM
Aug 2011
Machi, your ideal date is just like the bad ending of school days.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2017 3:18 PM

Jul 2013
I find hilarious Macchi decided to wear pretty clothes... when she planned to bring only her head to the "experiment".
Amusing episode, it was very cute and Hikari troll moments were funny. I would have liked to know more about how dullahan's biology works, but the series has more episodes, so I somewhat expect to know more in the future.

Takahashi-sensei must be one of the best anime teacher ever, he even took action to made Macchi carry his head more easily. He is great.

Next one will be succubus teacher. I'm pretty interested to see how things will turn with her.
Jan 14, 2017 3:36 PM

Nov 2015
I loved this episode it was fun and lighthearted.

Jan 14, 2017 4:36 PM

May 2015
Absolutely a wonderful episode. I enjoyed it a lot. Can't wait for the succubus in the next episode.

Jan 14, 2017 4:40 PM

Aug 2015
Succubus hype! Hope it doesn't lewd the show too much but I have high hopes.
Jan 14, 2017 4:42 PM

Jul 2011
I just kept thinking about how the detached head could be exploited... see, if the body is elsewhere you could just do whatever you want with the head with no resistance, right? This and that... >>

Plus how did people not freak out at him holding a head. I would instantly think it was either a prank or murder...

Also, I laughed so hard when the fire on her neck hit the ceiling. Sensei's reaction. XDDDD
Jan 14, 2017 4:52 PM

Mar 2008
Got damn I love this anime!! Has Hikari met Issei? Gotta lover her double door bell ring. ;) lol
Jan 14, 2017 5:26 PM

Jun 2015
This was a great episode. Learning more about Machi was nice. The joke she made was hilarious. The chemistry with her and Tetsuo was very good. It was heartwarming when they hugged. The "date" they were doing was nice. Hikari interactions with the body was funny. Pretty cool of Tetsuo to have Machi carry a backpack instead of a bag.
Jan 14, 2017 5:41 PM
Nov 2012
i like this show but the give the ''shy/weird body girl'' short hair and big tits trope really is kinda overused^"
Jan 14, 2017 5:46 PM

Dec 2016
Why am I not surprised that Hikari would do something something like that to Kyouko's body.

I like this teacher a lot, he is a good person and really cares about the non humans.
Jan 14, 2017 5:52 PM

Nov 2011
This episode propelled this anime to my favorite so far for the Winter. I mean I know there's some great anime out there this season but man this episode had everything. Happy, Sad, Perverted, Funny, and Embarrassing moments, this episode had it all.

The hug...THE HUG!!!!! So good. Although Hikari kind of interrupted it, that face had me in tears though.

The Date was sweet though, even with Hikari "Poking" fun towards Machi constantly *wink wink*

Takahashi-sensei is such an awesome dude. Even though I am sure it was Hikari's idea, Takahashi was able to confront the Principal and convince him into letting her get a backpack. Satou (the Succubus) was able to see Takahashi not only showing how much he cares about his student's but also his Co-workers when he mentions to the Principal about having Machi's homeroom teacher take the credit for it. Plus she clearly see's that he has a strong interest and caring for monster girls.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 14, 2017 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
I absolutely love the atmosphere this series delivers. The show has a lot of shortcomings but in the end I've come out of both episodes extremely pleased. It's nice to see both sides learning together, and it is even nicer to see a MC who has a reason to be dense (in other words, the behavior caused by his density is expected of somebody in his position).

I'm surprised he didn't bring up anything about how the food gets to the body. She was sitting there drinking a sundae or something and there was nowhere for the drink to go. One could assume the content teleports from the head to the body, but I still find it odd they didn't prod into how.
Jan 14, 2017 6:25 PM

Dec 2014
Machi is so adorable to watch...this episode was good to watch
Jan 14, 2017 6:26 PM

Sep 2014
I enjoyed this more than ep 1.

Good mix of cute, adorable, and funny moments. I actually like how they bring up problems for each demihuman and talk about them. Pretty fun.

Also I'm guilty for thinking of possible lewd things a Dullahan can do :P
Jan 14, 2017 6:26 PM

Oct 2013
One can't help but feel a little sorry for Machi. Talk about enduring loneliness. Imagine walking around carrying your head while blue ectoplasm erupts from your neck!

I wonder what the deal is with Yuuki? Is she afraid of Machi?

Hikari, the chatty little pest, does a good deed in a half-malicious way, but she's being helpful.
Jan 14, 2017 6:32 PM

Dec 2014
I feel like the world building in this show (or at least, the way they explore the various monster types) is great. Its really funny too, and the characters are all very distinct and memorable. Definitely a top 5 of the season right now.
Jan 14, 2017 6:37 PM

Oct 2013
I just noticed that Machi's Seiyu is the same as Makoto from Flying Witch. What an impressive start for her! I hope her career continues to flourish.
Jan 14, 2017 6:51 PM

Nov 2014
I am in love with this show. I don't even usually like student-teacher pairings, but I would totally support Hikari.
Jan 14, 2017 7:25 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, sensei is just too kind of a dude. Really enjoyed this episode, with all the subtle jokes and humor. Kinda curious why there's only 3 Dullahan's tho...
Hyped for suucbus-san episode.
damn, the forums these days...
Jan 14, 2017 7:47 PM

Jun 2013
Despite the episode being about Machi, the Hikari parts were the best thing here. Thanks to god damn Hikari, I ended up thinking about some weird dullahan stuff... And I thought of a generous amount of techniques too. Dammit. And then Hikari didn't like a date going too perfectly. Lol when she poked Machi's nipples with full force.

Apart from the glorious Hikari, the episode was still good.... And a bit creepy.... Takahashi hugging a head, carrying a head around, Machi wanting a boyfriend who would carry her head around on dates, a headless body going to the bathroom, a headless body traveling by train (okay the parts about the headless body were hilarious). Also, where the hell was all that juice going when her head was with Takahashi? Also, Machi has normal human parents. How was she born? Pretty important question. Bet the doctors were scared out of their minds lol. They should go a bit more into how these people become demis.

For Machi, being a dullahan isn't a disadvantage; she probably wouldn't have it any other way. There are some inconveniences but she gets around them. The only real problem she's having is that people feel a bit uncomfortable around her. Machi wants to be treated like anyone else, which means that she wants to make jokes about her state and wouldn't mind it if others do the same. People avoiding topics about her headlessness makes her feel like she's being treated differently which she doesn't want. I would like if they go a little more deep into this and show some relatively serious things. It's good enough this way too, but I think they can afford to go into somewhat serious waters. The opening sequence does hint towards some relatively serious stuff with those dull colors after they show each girl.

The romance bit feels a bit off to me. I think they can do well enough without the girls falling in love with their teacher. This feels even more off considering this is only the second episode and Machi is already in love with Takahashi. I would understand if the succubus sensei does ecchi things with Takahashi, but not Machi especially only two episodes in. It could have been better if they showed something like Machi confessing to some other guy she likes and then how that plays out.

Overall good episode. Loved Hikari. Good comedy. Now the succubus will be in focus. Also curious about Yuuki's case.
Jan 14, 2017 8:00 PM

Jan 2015
The Dullahan doesn't work for me. Suspension of disbelief...suspended.
Jan 14, 2017 8:16 PM

Aug 2009
Sensei getting all the demi bitches wet with those fore arm gainz lol. Need to learn how to get mine bigger. Hype for Succubus ep

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 14, 2017 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
This is so great, and the characters are all so loveable!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jan 7, 2017

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.