Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 29, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Izetta is still quite a badass in battle, no wonder the higher-ups are paying more attention to her.

I'm kinda impressed at how she's trying to resolve this war conflict in a more peaceful matter. Izetta shows that she is a capable leader and no doubt, she is clever. In the meantime, I think her role was invaluable to prevent more bloodshed this episode. Oh and Germania got a spy working for them? I wonder if Izetta and the others realize this soon...

Stark700Oct 29, 2016 9:18 AM
Oct 29, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2015
This kind of history/military genre anime hard to have a happy ending, sadly. This episode pretty say it all, happy winning moment will not last very long. Worst case scenario Izetta will not be there at the end, because the existance of "witch" in reality. Whatsmore there is no way a small country can win even with Izetta's help, they will reach the limit soon.

Good intro+advertisment of Izetta in princess coronation, especially the scene of Izetta carrying the princess together with the book & sword & ceremonial mace.

But seriously can the general and that guy not talk about confidential stuffs out in the wild?
Oct 29, 2016 9:12 AM

Sep 2015
Ah that was unlucky, I guess that was necessary for the plot ... but this end of episode was really really bad, I'm a bit disappointed
Oct 29, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2015
Of course the meek little brat is going to end up being a pain in the ass. Why am I not surprised.

That aside, episode was a little calmer than usual but it advanced the plot and war nicely. This show feels very caught between a happy and sad ending. I hope for the former.
Oct 29, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2015
I gotta say, that's one smooth "tactic" for the war. By making mass media report about Izetta and her power. It can make the enemy's morale go down.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 29, 2016 9:28 AM
Aug 2013
Still pretty boring but fake Izetta kept it from being completely boring. I still wonder why this show is supposed to be so great.
Oct 29, 2016 9:37 AM
Apr 2016
Great episode!

Can't wait to see how Jonas will handle the information he heard.

Will he tell or will he keep quiet
Oct 29, 2016 9:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Jonas is gonna fuck this up so badly with the infiltrator looking for him, too.

Other than that, that's a hilarious setup, i don't know what to think of that strategy xD

Well, no one is keeping their mouth shut though here, it seems.
Oct 29, 2016 9:51 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Fine's speech at the beginning was pretty cool.
Didn't expect an international reveal of Izetta, Was sure that they'd try to keep it as secretive as possible.
Action was great as usual, That gun was definitely built for riding than shooting. It's like all the gun parts fit so perfectly as a motorcyle counterpart XD

Interesting plan they did there, Full on stage play. xD

So the Germanian major is quite an insightful guy, He even sent a spy to the Elystadt force and now Jonas has overheard some very crucial stuff, Hopefully he doesn't reveal it.
Oct 29, 2016 10:08 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, how Izetta in Ranboo-manner in the begin appeared is, was so epic!!!

Hmm... Well, the success of the whole operation hangs now on the endurance of this little soldier (Jonas), how long can he keep the secret...? But I guess sure for a while, but then sooner or later will he break... And then begins really the despair of Izetta and other's. It'll be sure in a cliffhanger peak up the series.
Oct 29, 2016 10:30 AM
Jun 2009
Berkman is the type of villain I want to see more in anime.
Oct 29, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
The villains are figuring out Izetta's weaknesses while Fine is trying to cover them up.
Glasses boy now finds out the secret :O

Oct 29, 2016 10:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The coronation of Princess Fine was actually pretty well done
The atmosphere was well done

Who else but Fine who is beloved and respected by her people
will be queen and ruler of Eylstadt

Fine has already proven her bravery and loyalty to her country
many times over and she cares about her people as well

Fine's speech in the beginning was brilliant

Lol using the power and influence of Izetta and Fine to send a warning
to the Germanians was a great move

Still with the germanian emperor i doubt that will stop his ambitions
plus he seems to have an interest in the witches as well

Hmm so in this timeline Germania is allied with the Russians (Romulas Federation)

Wow those were some lances
being able to take down tanks just like that

and wow her anti tank rifle as well

The battle at the pass was well done
Equally daring on the part of Izetta in revealing herself and inventiveness of the royal guard in using silenced weapons to shoot guns out of the enemies hands and explosives to bring down the cliffside.

Still now that the enemy has a spy inside the army and that Jonas has found out the truth of Izetta that there will be trouble for Izetta and Fine next episode

Great episode though that advanced the plot and made things even more interesting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2009
Shingster said:

Hmm so in this timeline Germania is allied with the Russians (Romulas Federation)

Nope, they are allied with the Italians (Romulas Federation) in this timeline as well. Remember they have said twice that the Germania empire wants to create a corridor to their ally to the south.

That was a clever way to get out of that infernal strategic situation.
Oct 29, 2016 11:19 AM

Sep 2014
Alright so now we're finally getting some sort of interesting plot developments at least, though I'm not surprised it had to resort to some cliche contrivances in that last scene. But this was a pretty well executed episode overall.
Oct 29, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2014
Jonas was in the wrong place at the wrong time.The Germania spy who is looking for him is gonna learn about Izetta's weakness.Enjoyable episode once again and nice tricks to deceive the Germania soldiers that the witch could still fight even though in this particular area her power was non-existent.
MonkeyDHunterOct 29, 2016 11:27 AM
Oct 29, 2016 11:47 AM

Feb 2008
I liked most of the episode, but the ending was just dumb and too contrived. Wimpy soldier accidentally finds higher ups talking about Izetta's secret in the middle of nowhere, and obviously he'll leak the intel to the spy in one way or another. I hope it doesn't go that route though, but there's not that many routes at this point.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 29, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
Not a bad episode, but come on, it was really stupid that the ponytail guy and the general guy were talking about such important information out in the open like that. They really couldn't find a secret room? But hey, it's for the sake of plot.........

Lol I like how they trolled the enemy into thinking Izetta was still able to use her magic in that area.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 29, 2016 12:42 PM
Mar 2016
So, ifJonas is gonna fuck this up so badly with the infiltrator looking for him, too, would it be also possible that that infiltrator could give his superiors wrong info, since he doesn't know that Izetta's powers is only active is some leylines?
Oct 29, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2015
I like the emperor's voice actor. Good episode with the spy and the weakness probably getting revealed soon. Should lead to some trouble (enemies will still attack and not fear the which that much anymore and the allied people won't trust her that much).

But the Germanians still need to know all the places where the witch can't user her magic. (Could use trial and error though.) Maybe Fine just should move the capital to the old castle and rebuilt it so it can be easier defended there and Izetta can use her powers. Or they could try changing those ley lines somehow. (But that will be trouble if the enemy manages to do something like that.)
Oct 29, 2016 1:42 PM
May 2016
Seems like the Germanian emperor was fond of Izetta, he's having fan about Izetta's battles.
That was an amusing plan, to avoid the exposing of Izetta's power secret. Though the two guys are talked about it in the forest, so now glasses boy know about it.
Oct 29, 2016 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
Their plan is flawed so badly.
First problem to their plan is the fighting style. For the past 3 battles she used magic to launch projectiles like ice shards or swords.
However this time she caused a land slide. Inconsistent attacks like that is very glaring.
Second, by showing up and ordering them to surrender tells the enemy that she don't or can't use her powers so she prefer a peaceful resolution. Combining these two together can result in it all easily falling apart.

Aside from that, the shooting of guns with rubber shots seems very hard to believe. To shoot a human that far away is already very hard. Then to shoot a moving GUN that far is even more hard and all so reliably. Also rubber bullets are not very good at long range.
Also hilarious how using this same exact plan but without the snipers and witch stuff... They still could of won. Simply due to the conveniently placed mining area that was never mentioned before until it was needed. But of course giving credit to the witch does help morale and allow them to use her as a long term threat. But the problem is how convenient that was.

BTW, the Germanian plan is pretty bad too. Moving up along a mountain pass is a simple kill zone, though I guess there isn't much you can do to get pass the alps. But trying to use numbers to overwhelm combined with such narrow passage way is asking for crazy amount of casualties.
Anyway, Germania can attempt to do a broad offensive along the entire front with multiple small focus points. As Izetta can't be everywhere, one area will be broken through and there is nothing they can really do about it. can't be too reliant on a single supernatural entity.

The next problem is with the series way of causing conflict... The young soldier overheard top secret conversation. For one, why would they discuss something so important out in the open(even if far away from camp)
Logic and reasoning along with proper procedure would dictate such discussions would be held in a well guarded and secured area. Unless an emergency which it isn't, such things would be kept secret. That was so stupid and unbelievable... it ruined the episode for me.
Seriously, they could of waited to go back to talk and complain. Seems way too forced.
zcv45Oct 29, 2016 2:10 PM
Oct 29, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
Good episode,but as everyone said the ending plot was so stupid,how two high ranked persons speak about the most important secret weapon for there national in the open like that, it was really lazy writing, they could think of thousands ways to do that better I'm little disappointed with that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2016
Everything going according to plan... aka entertainment for thy majesty.

favorite part? how they had no problem taking them out just using the royal guard, but let's just use them to put our witch on airs c:

Oct 29, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2015
I swear, the OST in this show is so good. Probably this season's best in my opinion.

As for the episode, loved it as well. Seems like things will get a little more complicated with the spy infiltrating within their ranks. Jonas might make things more complicated as well.

Oct 29, 2016 2:32 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Jonny_Mhl said:
Shingster said:

Nope, they are allied with the Italians (Romulas Federation) in this timeline as well. Remember they have said twice that the Germania empire wants to create a corridor to their ally to the south.

That was a clever way to get out of that infernal strategic situation.

Ah i see
thanks

When i saw the word Federation i just assumed that it was Russia lol
Oct 29, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2015
"Johanes! Johanes! Where the hell are you?!"
"Sir, for the millionth time, my name is pronounced Jones."
Oct 29, 2016 3:01 PM
Sep 2015
What a stupid plan. Why did they even bother showing Izetta? It's not like they couldn't just have her go counter attack and then defend with bomb. Better Strategically and has no risk of revealing Izetta has no powers.
Oct 29, 2016 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
Jonas or whatever he is called is going to ruin everything, I can see it. With the Germanian spy looking for him, things are not going to end well...
Also, Sieg and the other general talking about something as important as Izetta's powers in a place where everyone can hear them was also very stupid.

At least the way they defeated the Germans this time was good. They used actual tactics instead of letting Izetta doing everything (I know she was depowered here, but it was still a good move).

The Germanian doctor looks like a really interesting villain. Looking forward his next plans.
Oct 29, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2014
lol of course in the end talk as loud as you can about the weakness so someone can hear you and what makes it worst is that it was the glasses guy that heard it in which is most likely about to tell everyone about it smh now this is why i was hoping glasses guy wouldn't be a big part of the story but looks like its to late for that cause he's about to mess everything up

but we'll see
"one step at a time"
Oct 29, 2016 4:54 PM

Sep 2014
I lold so hard!
They report that the enemy has a which and probably will attack and everything.
And he is all like: "Nice!" Thats the spirit :D

Also.. talking about Izettas weak point. randomly in the middle of nowhere.. really?

Well it looks very interesting so far! The story looks not that bad.
Germania founding an anti witch special force.

The outro always catches me by surprise because its suddenly so .. gloomy.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 29, 2016 5:37 PM

Apr 2011
Okay episode but I'm interested in to see what happenes after they find out about the spy.
Oct 29, 2016 5:46 PM

May 2015
This anime has gone from mildly interesting to very infuriating.

So far Fine and Izetta are turning into the biggest Mary Sues that I have ever seen. The battles so far have no tension to them because there is no need to worry: Izetta will singe-handedly annihilate any opposing force.

I had to shake my head at that "Royal Guard." This is supposed to be an elite force that's dedicated to the protection the crown, and yet it is staffed almost entirely of teenage girls. For fuck sake, can you get any more cliche than that?
Oct 29, 2016 5:56 PM

Aug 2013
Music on point as always, pretty much the thing that keeps me interested while watching this series. It's still pretty static despite the little bit of plot development going on this week.

Also, is it me or did they amp up Izetta's chest size over the past few episodes? Like you look at Izetta in episode 1 or 2 and look at her in this episode and it's like she grew like 3 full cup sizes over the past 3 or 4 weeks. Anime logic.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 29, 2016 6:21 PM

Jun 2013
The introduction to Izetta has been quite flashy and the Germans have taken this as a clear threat. He has appointed that man who had Izetta not too long ago. And he's determined to believe that Izetta isn't invincible and has some weaknesses. She took two days to reach those men even though she could fly. And if she was invincible she would have simply come over to Neu Berlin to kill the emperor.

What I didn't like was how conveniently the Germans are about to learn about some weakness. They sent in a spy who is looking for Jonas who happened to be near Muller when he was telling the general the exact situation. How convenient. I would have preferred if learning about this weakness would have been more difficult than this.
Oct 29, 2016 7:59 PM

Jun 2015
That plan went well. Pretty cool how it played out. Izetta putting herself out there makes her a great character. Now that the enemy sent out a spy, I wonder what Izetta and the others will do if they found out. They even know about her weakness. That's interesting. That ending though. So lame.
Oct 29, 2016 8:02 PM

Oct 2016
this episode is very cool .. making the germanian army believe that izetta can use her power even in the place where she cannot (ofcors they didn't know that , that is one of place where izetta is vulnerable).. what really worries me is that spy .. demnmet and that boy who heard the conversation in the last scene.. oh elysdat protect our izetta
Oct 29, 2016 8:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Anddddd just like that the Megane is gonna fuck shit up

Regardless, seeing Izetta and the gang implement their strategy against Germany was pretty cool and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it
Oct 29, 2016 9:30 PM

Sep 2010
Kill the potential snitch boy and the blonde dresser lady now. I trust them less than the Germanian Subpar Hitler.
Oct 29, 2016 10:27 PM
Oct 2007
Wow this is getting pretty interesting. Not what I was really expecting.
Oct 29, 2016 11:05 PM

Nov 2012
not really a fan of how jonas just happened to overhear izetta's secret.. why would they even discuss that in the open :v
Oct 30, 2016 1:26 AM

Mar 2014
the last few seconds ruined this ep completely
Oct 30, 2016 2:23 AM
Dec 2013
well, jonas is probably gonna end up leaking the secret to that spy, and then they're going to attack somewhere that she can't use her power.
Oct 30, 2016 6:44 AM

Jun 2013
that setup was good and you can tell Jonas is gonna fuck things up
Oct 30, 2016 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
Narration well directed, the only original sin, by charge him, is the final granted. The rest is more than adequate, starting with the OST, only to designs which have been maintained at a level more than good. The landscapes and the dialogues, gave a touch of salt to make the dish very digestible. The promo suggests that the next episode will be fairly light as themes, LOL!
Oct 30, 2016 10:11 AM
Jul 2016
Seems like Jonas is gonna fuck things up smh
Oct 30, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2013
Really good episode in my opinuon, people just love to bitch at this show.
Oct 30, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
Jonas will end up ruining everything after hearing that top secret LOUD conversation

Hate to say it but the bad guy with the glasses is the type of character I hate the most.....managing to figure everything out so easily with so little clues while smiling the whole time....
Oct 30, 2016 3:40 PM

Aug 2016
Those Izzeta's naive hippie talks really grinding my gears, but everything except here is perfect in this anime, combat, military, politics, secret servicy... Everything is looking great. Except when Izzeta appears, she immidietly ruin combat and mood and her talks and fan service... Gosh. It would be so great military anime.
Oct 30, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2016
Izetta amazing as usual. But really, army generals talking nonchalantly about the biggest secret randomly in the woods...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

136 by Cyroro »»
Apr 23, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.