Forum Settings
Forums

'Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru' Receives Second Season for 2017

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Oct 23, 2016 4:17 PM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 6390

At the tenth anniversary celebration of Minato Soft's Minato Tamashii event on Sunday, a second season of the Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero) TV anime was announced. Titled Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou (Yuki Yuna is a Hero: Hero Chapter), the second season is scheduled to air in 2017

The first six episodes will adapt Takahiro and illustrator BUNBUN's prequel light novel Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru (Washio Sumi is a Hero), subtitled Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou (Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero: Washio Sumi Chapter). Limited theatrical screenings of the first half will take place in March 2017 prior to the new season's TV broadcast.

A new set of character songs, serialization of a new novel titled Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru and an upcoming live event were also announced at the event.

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru aired in Fall 2014 for 12 episodes as the fourth installment of a media project called Takahiro IV Project. The anime has been licensed by Ponycan USA and was released in three Blu-ray and DVD volumes between April and August in 2015.

A manga adaptation began running in Dengeki G's Comic in November 2014. The franchise spawned several light novels and spin-offs, which have also been serialized in the same magazine.

Announcement


Source: Official Twitter

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou on MAL
Modified by Vindstot, Aug 1, 12:49 AM

 
#2
Oct 23, 2016 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2922
2017 is looking to be an even funner year x_x So much stuff to look forward to

 
 
#3
Oct 23, 2016 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18847
2017 shape up to be a great year for sequel.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
#4
Oct 23, 2016 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4283
Oh seriously? I think I'll watch it since it was a decent mahou shoujo show.

Would love if they expanded on the S1 ending, since that was pretty debated in the forums.
 
#5
Oct 23, 2016 4:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
I already said this on a prior thread on MAL but as a fan of the series (and well has the series in my Top 10 favorites) I am so happy at the results of the second season being announced since its also been 2 god damn years too since it aired (though I watched it I think after it was finished, then again my memory is so god damn shit nowadays with 2 year gaps).

Anyway, as for the Prequel adaptation for this, it is rather weird still for me (since IIRC it is rather short since its 1 volume), it could be done in a OVA series or a movie, but I'm not going to complain all too much through. I do need to re-read Washio Sumi though around sometime soon. Other than that, great news and I'm excited for more news about this further.
 
#6
Oct 23, 2016 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4052
Apart from the obvious asspull dues ex machina, I enjoyed season one. 2017 looks to be a good one so far.
 
#7
Oct 23, 2016 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 364
As much as I disliked how the ending played out, I'll give this a chance.
 
#8
Oct 23, 2016 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1204
I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY I'M CRYING
 
 
#9
Oct 23, 2016 5:07 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 59
2017 is turning out to be a sequel year for animes I love. I wonder what's going to be announced next...
 
Oct 23, 2016 5:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 3912
One of my all-time favorites getting a sequel. Omg, I'm so happy.... I never expected this.

2017 is seriously looking so damn promising!
 
Oct 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 850
Makes sense considering how much of a success the first season was in Japan. As far as I know it's the only successful Madoka clone there is, obviously they'd make more of it.
I have no interest in it, though.
 
Oct 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 15632
Super great news!

I have been waiting for this

Wonder what would the enemies be
 
Oct 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 6166
Really surprised...Dropped after first few episodes and all i knew was that this had a shitty ending...Had the impression that everyone hated this o_O
 
Oct 23, 2016 5:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
LoneWizard said:
Really surprised...Dropped after first few episodes and all i knew was that this had a shitty ending...Had the impression that everyone hated this o_O


Eh, the ending wasn't that bad for me personally, I was satisfied with it. Most of the reasons why people complained about the ending is because of either deux ex machina or the fact that it went happy xD But eh that's just me.

o.O actually as far as I'm concerned not everyone hated it. Even myself.
 
 
Oct 23, 2016 5:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 38
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*SCREAMING*
YAYYAYAYYAYAY :D
 
 
Oct 23, 2016 5:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 6556
the prequel in novel form was enjoyable, so why not. Plus it's supposed to be read together with the first season, so peoples who don't read novels will finally get the informations they didn't had. A bit late, but they'll get it.

Also the ending wasn't bad at all, it was hard to get for peoples that
-were not attentive enough at small details
-didn't read the complement in novel formats.


Hongu said:
Makes sense considering how much of a success the first season was in Japan. As far as I know it's the only successful Madoka clone there is, obviously they'd make more of it.
I have no interest in it, though.

It's not a madoka clone. And most probably pretty much every single anime that you can list as "madoka clone" aren't either.

Peoples in the west need to figure out once and for all that Madomagi hardly influenced the magical girl genre in anime. The genre pretty much continued exactly as it was. No matter how good Madoka was, it didn't revolutionize anything in the genre, didn't reall ydo anything that wasn't already done before, so there was nothing to change for the genre itself afterwards.

It's becoming tiring to see so many uninformed peoples thinking that Madoka invented anything or is some kind of messiah in the magical girl genre.
Modified by Zefyris, Oct 23, 2016 5:59 PM
 
Oct 23, 2016 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 61
Zefyris said:
Peoples in the west need to figure out once and for all that Madomagi hardly influenced the magical girl genre in anime. The genre pretty much continued exactly as it was. No matter how good Madoka was, it didn't revolutionize anything in the genre, didn't reall ydo anything that wasn't already done before, so there was nothing to change for the genre itself afterwards.

It's becoming tiring to see so many uninformed peoples thinking that Madoka invented anything or is some kind of messiah in the magical girl genre.


While I agree with most of the post and obviously share the opinion that it is silly to call stuff "Madoka clones", we know for certain that at least Rebellion had a bit of an influence in the show, as Kishi mentioned that originally Tougou was going to have a "fallen" or "darker" side, but after such things became common, they decided against it. (Considering the show was in production from 2012 to 2014 I guess both Homura and Miku from Symphogear fall into what he describes).
 
Oct 23, 2016 6:40 PM
Casul Anime Fan

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1945
YES!!!!! YES!!!!!! FUCKING YES!!!!



My hopes for this series getting a 2nd Season was slowly dwindling month after month but I just had a fucking heart attack after hearing this news xD. It took them 3 years but I'm happy to hear that one of my favourite series is getting Season 2.
Modified by jc9622, Oct 23, 2016 6:46 PM
 
Oct 23, 2016 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 792
I didn't exactly like the ending to Yuki Yuna is a Hero, but nevertheless I'm pretty excited about this announcement. :D

The fact that this series is getting a 2nd Season will hopefully clear up some things and a backstory on Washio Sumi sounds great!

Looking forward to it! :)
 
Oct 23, 2016 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 706
NICE! I always got a feeling that this would get a second season and now it's real. I just hope the 2nd half plot/story won't be rushed since they make it 6 ep prequel and 6 ep sequel.
 
Oct 23, 2016 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 285
While I didn't really enjoy its first season, a sequel or two is welcomed. Hope they'll expand it more since the first season had many premises
 
Oct 23, 2016 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 2060
LoneWizard said:
Really surprised...Dropped after first few episodes and all i knew was that this had a shitty ending...Had the impression that everyone hated this o_O


Not liking an ending != Shitty anime remember that

Aside from the ending, the remaining episodes are pretty solid though IMO, better character development, amazing visuals with the proper use of CGI and a mix of decent action scenes but whatever floats your boat I guess

As for the ending, who fcking knows, that ending may be explained a bit more in this brand new sequel

OT: Pretty much hype for the prequel woohoo Finally got to see "uninjured" Sonoko form!! Give me the goodies now Gokumi
 
Oct 23, 2016 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 119190
Ah, expected this to happen eventually. Having read the novel not long ago, I'll be interested to see how much they'll adapt for the anime.
 
 
Oct 23, 2016 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 6978
I'm glad it gets 2nd season, i hope the ending will be better than the 1st season.
Adding new characters is a bonus.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
 
Oct 23, 2016 7:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 401
Oh nice!
I've looked for the prequel novels to read back when the first season was airing, but couldn't find them. I'll definitely check them out before this new one!
 
Oct 23, 2016 8:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1437
Lol. Today's additional season announcements have been quite funny.
Mirai Nikki is TRASH
Angel Beats is horrible.
Charlotte is a dumpster fire.
Shinsekai Yori has no characters.
Oreimo's S2 specials don't actually exist.

IM NOT AN ELITIST

I live to see the day where Hidamari Sketch or Little Witch Academia get another season.
 
Oct 23, 2016 10:03 PM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 7391
well, looks like now i've a reason to watch this.
 
Oct 23, 2016 10:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 3411
So much sequel in 2017 yes.
 
Oct 23, 2016 10:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 5539
Yeeeees thanks Japan omg sjdjdkd

 
 
Oct 23, 2016 10:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
I'll be waiting for this sequel <3
 
Oct 23, 2016 10:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
YES YES. SAY OH YEAH BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Oct 24, 2016 3:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 343
Zefyris said:
It's not a madoka clone. And most probably pretty much every single anime that you can list as "madoka clone" aren't either.

Peoples in the west need to figure out once and for all that Madomagi hardly influenced the magical girl genre in anime. The genre pretty much continued exactly as it was. No matter how good Madoka was, it didn't revolutionize anything in the genre, didn't reall ydo anything that wasn't already done before, so there was nothing to change for the genre itself afterwards.

It's becoming tiring to see so many uninformed peoples thinking that Madoka invented anything or is some kind of messiah in the magical girl genre.

I think it's completely fair to call this a Madoka clone, cause it does seem like Madoka did something new. Magical Girl shows are generally made for little girls, and the only ones i can find before Madoka that aren't are parodies and/or pedobait (with one possible exception*). Madoka was the first show that adultified all the magical girl tropes in a dark and serious way, and it did it successfully, and three years later Yuuki Yuuna does exactly the same thing. How can you not call that a clear influence?

But i definitely agree that Madoka didn't change the genre. The only shows i can think of to call clones are Yuuki Yuuna and Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou (which seemed like hot garbage based on one episode). And i really like Yuuki Yuuna, so so far whatever minute trend Madoka may have spawned is pretty positive.

* There was one show i found that does look like something i would call a magical girl show, and looks pretty serious. That is Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu (2004). I don't think i've ever heard of it before. I think i'll give it a watch. It looks interesting.
 
 
Oct 24, 2016 3:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 48194
nice that i started the first season woohoo

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


interested in redrawing or translating manga? come to cotton candy scans
 
Oct 24, 2016 3:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2303
Volbla said:
Zefyris said:
It's not a madoka clone. And most probably pretty much every single anime that you can list as "madoka clone" aren't either.

Peoples in the west need to figure out once and for all that Madomagi hardly influenced the magical girl genre in anime. The genre pretty much continued exactly as it was. No matter how good Madoka was, it didn't revolutionize anything in the genre, didn't reall ydo anything that wasn't already done before, so there was nothing to change for the genre itself afterwards.

It's becoming tiring to see so many uninformed peoples thinking that Madoka invented anything or is some kind of messiah in the magical girl genre.

I think it's completely fair to call this a Madoka clone, cause it does seem like Madoka did something new. Magical Girl shows are generally made for little girls, and the only ones i can find before Madoka that aren't are parodies and/or pedobait (with one possible exception*). Madoka was the first show that adultified all the magical girl tropes in a dark and serious way, and it did it successfully, and three years later Yuuki Yuuna does exactly the same thing. How can you not call that a clear influence?

But i definitely agree that Madoka didn't change the genre. The only shows i can think of to call clones are Yuuki Yuuna and Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou (which seemed like hot garbage based on one episode). And i really like Yuuki Yuuna, so so far whatever minute trend Madoka may have spawned is pretty positive.

* There was one show i found that does look like something i would call a magical girl show, and looks pretty serious. That is Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu (2004). I don't think i've ever heard of it before. I think i'll give it a watch. It looks interesting.


While I think that Zefyris is to radical in his statement that "Madoka did not make anything that wasn't made before" where were quite enough dark magical girls shows before it and magical girl shows that oriented for older male audience while not being a "pedobait". It is not so hard to make a list if you research a bit.
 
Oct 24, 2016 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 320
Ah yeah... The weekend was awesome: one mega announcement after the other...xD

I did sooooooo damn it on the continuation waited, because it could not only with a season remain: Because for me did the first season with a open-end ended, where then...xD 2017 will be fucked awesome!!! If Dengeki still fast Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon and Spice & Wolf season 3 before still this year ends announce would, then I'd be unlimited happy for<3!!!!!
 
Oct 24, 2016 4:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1070
I enjoyed the ending, and it left me begging to know what happens next. Really excited for more.
 
 
Oct 24, 2016 4:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Makes sense considering the implications in the ending of the show
 
Oct 24, 2016 5:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
yes yes yes yes yes XD
 
Oct 24, 2016 5:35 AM
⊙_ʘ (゜▽゜;)

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 11734
hope there will be the same characters
 
Oct 24, 2016 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1382
Wow so many amazing announcements lately...
 
Oct 24, 2016 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3160
More 2017 anime?
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Oct 24, 2016 9:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 219
I really enjoyed S1 and It got me interested in checking other stuff from the series such as the Washio Sumi LN which I don't need anymore because It'll be included in the sequel. \(^0^)ノ
 
Oct 24, 2016 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 745
I was waiting for this announcement. That ending in Season 1 was screaming for another season.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -unknown
 
 
Oct 24, 2016 10:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 51
i love when sequel come out of nowhere, my level of hype is even better than the No game no life movie WTF ???
 
Oct 24, 2016 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2079
How unexpected tbh.
 
Oct 24, 2016 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4026
2017 keeps getting better and better!
 
Oct 24, 2016 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3878
Good, looking forward to this. I enjoying the first season quite a lot.
 
 
Oct 25, 2016 12:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 152
YATTA Zeeeeeeee !!!!
 
Oct 25, 2016 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 613
First was Mekaku City and now the adaptation of WaSuYu. Nice :D

My favorites have been adapted!
 
Oct 25, 2016 5:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2822
Nice to see, hopefully I will be able to like this one from the first episode, since I had major problems with S1 first couple of episodes, and then it got immensily better!
It will be interesting to see how they will progress the story on the later half, see if the girls will be able to find a way to fight the real enemies! Giving me the shivers~~
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »