Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 22, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah training episode. I did expect some of it for the series especially considering the military themes.

Quite a bit drama going on at the school but I like how Ikta just keeps everything cool and even does a little teasing with the centipede lol. Gotta love how Yatori shows some of her raw fighting skills too. Glad to see the show develop more storytelling from behind the scenes off the battlefield.

Jul 22, 2016 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
Iktar got himself into trouble again but from the looks of it he has something interesting planed.
Was it just me or where they rushing this episode it all went so fast?
Jul 22, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2015
Somehow I get the feeling that Iktar can do a warp-thing. He always already "there" somewhere near the "spot" his team member needs a help.
And I'd like to know more about Toru's family-Issue with his brother.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 22, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2012
Oh right, I forgot but I actually did read until the start of this mock battle in the manga, though I don't know who wins. I'm guessing Ikta's group. So this week Ikta looked a bit worse with his unknown at the time adultery, while Yatori looked a bit better with her handling of the bullies. I suppose it's good writing when character get some grey area to them. On the whole I'm still inclined to like Ikta and dislike Yatori, but my opinion on both has changed somewhat. Fitting that she's with those same bullies now though as I'll enjoy seeing Ikta own both assuming that happens.

Not much to say about lead bully being Torway's older brother. Just seems like your stereotypical douche sibling who needs to be taken down.
Jul 22, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
Wow this episode got pretty rushed, skipped some of the buildup with the brother and didn't show Yatori's side during the march or preparations plus they cut down on Ikta being Ikta.

Next week, if adapted properly, should be very entertaining.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 22, 2016 11:14 AM

May 2012
Never read the manga or LN, but this episode did feel pretty rushed.

Looking forward to the outcome of the battle even though I can predict who'll win already

Jul 22, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2007
Wait? Ikta actually slept with someone's mom? Or was he just harassing her the same way he did to the klutz medic?
MC's personality continues to be great and if he actually banged someone then that is even better as it separates him from typical protags even more.

Redhead remains kind of bland though, doing the whole honorable knight stuff with bullies and delivering exposition explaining Ikta to others. Quite meh for the love interest so far.

Very disjointed episode in terms of pacing. Another random timeskip too.

It is kind of interesting considering what we learned from the Princess rant in the carriage last episode, that Ikta seems to go after older women? I am not sure how old the medic is but Ikta refers to her as "elder" this episode(and she does feel like oldest out of them there) and he banged someone's mother. Does he have a mother complex? Considering how messed up his family ended up I would not be surprised with that.

Its also interesting that a lot of what Ikta does has a strong sense of contempt towards the empire and the conservative way of thinking. We see him question the educational textbooks in the classroom, we see him act very detached and bored during the military-etiquette moments and we see him talk with a certain sense of snark. Not to mention that alot of what he does feels like challenging the authority and the limitations of his newfound position(like the way he interprets the exam).

Overall Ikta is a very refreshing subversion of the typical "naive and honest japanese boy protagonist" that is common in light novel narrative. Even in this episode, he is shown to be somewhere between mediocre to average in terms of physical prowess and instead uses his mind and tricks(and other people like Yatori and the princess during the bullying sequence) to gain advantage. Very unusual and likeable.

The episode also shifts away the focus from the school hijinks going on and instead uses the situations to have characters discuss military tactics and psychology, which is great to see too.

4/5
AhenshihaelJul 22, 2016 11:33 AM
Jul 22, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
i like this anime a lot, suprised it isnt tagged for military considering this.
Jul 22, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2015
Very rush episode, but it is not bad as the mood mostly done correctly. Well I don't really care whether its rush or not anyway, I read the light novels and just wanted to see some scene being animated.

Hmm a bit disappointed with the subs as always, many quick translation and some loophole.
valvravetruthJul 22, 2016 11:32 AM
Jul 22, 2016 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
I can't imagine how awkward it must be for Ikta to be in the same squad with a girl who happens to be the daughter of some MILF he banged. Lol he can't seem to catch a break. I like how this episode showcased more of Ikta's genius. He always looks like he's doing a half-assed job but in reality he's probably doing more than anyone else on the battlefield. The winner of this mock battle should be obvious but it'll entertaining to see it play out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 22, 2016 11:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Three months time skip screams ''rushed''.

But it wasn't bad, Ikta is carrying the whole anime.
SmudyJul 22, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 22, 2016 11:29 AM
Jan 2009
So... despite rumours Light Novel 1 is going to end next week because there is absolutely no way to make the mock battle more than half episode long. And the ending scene of next episode is when the plot will really start to move. Expect some tactics, some action and lastly a mind-blowing grand strategy talk.

Torway's brother character design was hylariously way too much on the obviously bad guy side. In fact he looks way uglier than Ikta and this makes absolutely no sense at all, but whatever...
The academy scenes were a bit rushed but overall ok, but I didn't like how they cut a lot the march in the rain; there was quite more about Ikta being smart.

Fai said:
Wait? Ikta actually slept with someone's mom? Or was he just harassing her the same way he did to the klutz medic?

Ikta regularly sleeps with older womens, and explicitally like mature woman over the younger (look back at his half-joke talk in episode 1 when Yatori asks his opinion about the yet undercover princess). The anime cut out his escapades (i.e. Ikta had a short-lived relation with a nameless older woman in between their escape from the republic and their investiture as knights).
Dark_KainJul 22, 2016 12:55 PM
Jul 22, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
That's what I feared, looking at the first two episodes. As soon as we reached more tactical elements, we pretty much skipped all explanations/whole scenes. As soon as it's about showing that yatori is smart, it's pretty much skipped as well, but when she praises the mc, then it's kept.

This will probably get worse, and that's sad. We had for once a really good military story, and they're removing the military tactics from it.

Fai said:
MC's personality continues to be great and if he actually banged someone then that is even better as it separates him from typical protags even more.

Redhead remains kind of bland though, doing the whole honorable knight stuff with bullies and delivering exposition explaining Ikta to others. Quite meh for the love interest so far.

Very disjointed episode in terms of pacing. Another random timeskip too.

It is kind of interesting considering what we learned from the Princess rant in the carriage last episode, that Ikta seems to go after older women? I am not sure how old the medic is but Ikta refers to her as "elder" this episode(and she does feel like oldest out of them there) and he banged someone's mother. Does he have a mother complex? Considering how messed up his family ended up I would not be surprised with that.

Its also interesting that a lot of what Ikta does has a strong sense of contempt towards the empire and the conservative way of thinking. We see him question the educational textbooks in the classroom, we see him act very detached and bored during the military-etiquette moments and we see him talk with a certain sense of snark. Not to mention that alot of what he does feels like challenging the authority and the limitations of his newfound position(like the way he interprets the exam).

Overall Ikta is a very refreshing subversion of the typical "naive and honest japanese boy protagonist" that is common in light novel narrative. Even in this episode, he is shown to be somewhere between mediocre to average in terms of physical prowess and instead uses his mind and tricks(and other people like Yatori and the princess during the bullying sequence) to gain advantage. Very unusual and likeable.

The episode also shifts away the focus from the school hijinks going on and instead uses the situations to have characters discuss military tactics and psychology, which is great to see too.

4/5

Of course he slept with her mom. he slept with tons of women already, including lots of them old enough to be her mother, and her mom is one of them. IIRC she caught them in bed together one day, and pretty much threw Ikta outside of the mansion.

All ages were already told in episode 1. 12(chamille)-18-18-18-18-20(Haro). There will be lots of time skip so they are far older later, but that's the initial (and current in anime) ages.
Jul 22, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2007
So the medic IS the oldest out of them. Interesting and kind of fits my thoughts.
Jul 22, 2016 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
I can't believe that Ikuta slept with someone's mom!
Jul 22, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
Ikta is a pretty refreshing character from the usual trash we see in Light Novels..I'm generally watching this for him now. I love a potent tactical genius.
Jul 22, 2016 12:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fai said:
Wait?

Could not agree more. He's the polar opposite of the Kirito's of this world, or even the protagonist of a MAL favorite 'hype' series that's playing this very season. He's the very definition of a scoundrel. I hope the producers/directors have the stones to show him leaving on an escapade with an older lady. God knows older women have a hard time as it is in anime.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 22, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2010
Loved this ep. Ikta's too awesome. Eating centipedes...bedding married women and shit talking people while he's getting REKT XD

OP and ED are absolutely amazing
Jul 22, 2016 12:12 PM

Mar 2015
This is weird. I knew it was very rushed but I don't care.

Next week gonna be fun.

Jul 22, 2016 12:26 PM
Jan 2016
So rushed, so many cool scenes were omitted or shortened, a lot of explanations are gone too.
Compared to the manga, anime Ikta is less awesome, if you can believe that.
Jul 22, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:

he did it too many time to count.
Jul 22, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
Zefyris said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

for anime watchers this is first time to be directly stated tho
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jul 22, 2016 12:43 PM

Feb 2015
good episode I could easily marathon this series
Jul 22, 2016 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't like ep 1 and 2, but this episodes was pretty fun.

Although as of now there aren't any interesting character other than Ikta. I hope Ikta isn't the only one who "thinks outside the box", otherwise there wont be challenges down the road.
Jul 22, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2016
Hide your mothers, Ikta's in town

ARGH tell me what happens next!
Jul 22, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
eromangasensei said:
Zefyris said:

BEcause they skipped pretty much any mention of it, yes.
Jul 22, 2016 1:06 PM
Jan 2009
Goku said:
I didn't like ep 1 and 2, but this episodes was pretty fun.

Although as of now there aren't any interesting character other than Ikta. I hope Ikta isn't the only one who "thinks outside the box", otherwise there wont be challenges down the road.

Wait for the end of the next episode, then let's talk about this again.
Jul 22, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2016
So its confirmed the main character actually had sex this show is breaking new ground wonder what other crazy stuff is planned.

Enjoyed the ep even if things are moving around too quickly
Jul 22, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2010
eromangasensei said:
Zefyris said:

I got the very strong impression from the first episode that he had considerable "experience" with women, especially given his age.. And that Haro was actually on the lower end of the age range for his strike zone >_> Not surprised at all that had fun with that girl's mom XD Now I have to revise my thinking since it appears that he targets women in their 30's rather than late 20's. lol
In his defense, he was told she was divorced/fair-game.. He gained some respect points from me for not clinging to that as an excuse and accepting that girl's anger since it was a failure on his part.

I haven't read the sources, so it didn't feel rushed to me, but it does feel like I keep thinking "It's over already?" each week so far.. Wishing it was an hour-long show so the dosages of tactical genius that are on the way wouldn't get cut short.
Jul 22, 2016 1:23 PM
Jan 2016
I have to say from episode one I have enjoyed this anime so much. I expected this episode to be a set up for a bigger and better action filled episode. But even for setup this was absurdly good in my opinion. With them giving us a conflict with the green kids brother(forgot his name and tbh, and now that I think about it I barely remember the other characters names). With this minor conflict turning into a bigger and more personal one. I expect to see the green haired kid to do something cool and gain a lot of character development. I see some people were complaining that the princess is stereotypical and that most princesses in anime want to get closer to their subjects and learn from them. For me though, I don't get that upset when a character is stereotypical, but this princess is just naive and bland to me. I love the red-haired girl character, but i don't understand why everyone besides Solork in this anime seems so loyal to the emperor and princess when it doesn't seem like they've done anything for them.
Jul 22, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again, Ikta is easily the best character of the show so far.

It's kinda annoying to see all these bullies turn up and try to intimidate Ikta but I really like how he deals with them, Was nice to see Yatori beat them up as well.

Very interesting how Ikta proceeded to explain and question what must be truly learnt from history, Really like how perceptive and analytical he is.

Laughed when the Sergeant said Ikta banged her Mom xD

This mock battle should prove interesting, I'm assuming Ikta threw down those baggage to lessen the weight on the soldiers so they could advance further than required, There might be more to it than that though, Can't wait to see what happens next.
Jul 22, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
Ikta literally amazing af. He's kind of like a perverted, milf loving Ryner Lute xD. He's always so rational about his choices and I really love him for that too
Jul 22, 2016 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
This week's episode was even more rushed than the first two episodes. They really had to take away the explanations of the military? That really isn't a good sign. I really am sensing that they will keep getting worse from there... and it will be rather hard to see.

I mean this IS the director's first directing work and as an anime standalone it actually works a bit for sense, but in terms of the adaptation wise I just hope it doesn't go to the same trend as the "Madhouse LN rushing" trend.
Jul 22, 2016 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
Ikta prefers MILFs? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Going to the high officer school and of course there is always assholes around.
One of Torway's brother is one of them and now he has been paired up with Yatori and they go against Ikta and his group.
Ikta digging into the rules and now he has a huge advantage, but Yatori is still there thou so he might lose.

Jul 22, 2016 2:01 PM
Jan 2009
Blank123HD said:
but i don't understand why everyone besides Solork in this anime seems so loyal to the emperor and princess when it doesn't seem like they've done anything for them.

The answer is: feudal society.
Nobles must publicly show respect and loyalty for the top dog otherwise their own retainers won't be respectful or loyal to them.
Then they will secretly plan to betray, kill and usurp the trone, but they can't make it too obvious.

Remember that among the main cast only Ikta and Haro are not born in a noble family and most cadets following the officier course in the academy are also from nobility.
And since Torway (green hair guy) is from nobility his brothers are obviously also from nobility, and the older (family inheritor) absolutely must keep a good relationship with the imperial family.
Jul 22, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2015
Err so.. At the end of the episode, Ikta's forces is all grouped up. Like is he planning a defensive fight, which usually benefits the defender. Especially so here since tlhe river crossing is a major choke point and assuming that is the only crossing, there is no way they could be flanked.
But why are they all lined up. Don't tell me they still do line battles and fire by rank...

The bully would be an idiot if he go rush them. The benefit of being an attacker is the ability to chose when to attack and in some cases where(ie. Flanks) but his lack of brains is going to send in his forces prematurely
zcv45Jul 22, 2016 2:13 PM
Jul 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
The entertainment value grows; not surprised at the rushed pacing since most of the anime LN adaptations tend to try and squeeze as much material they can in 12 to 13 episodes. Right now, I'm just watching this series to see if it piques my interest enough to read the source. It's slowly growing on me.

Anyways, onwards to the wait for next week's episode.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 22, 2016 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
This episode looks rushed..hope next episode wont have as much as rush this episode had..
Jul 22, 2016 3:16 PM

Dec 2014
Ikta is just a smart ass.... I guess this will get quite interesting hereafter
Jul 22, 2016 3:18 PM

Apr 2010
Judging from some reactions last week, this episode further shows how Yatori is a colossal bitch.

On a more serious note:
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Take my energy LN translators.
Jul 22, 2016 3:24 PM
Mar 2016
Man, I can't wait for the next ep where Ikta get's to own Torway's Bro's ass, also , he quite a playboy, I wonder as to why Igsem still like him despite of him being a playboy and If I'm not mistaking even Camile is competing for his affection.
Jul 22, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 2014
yup, they are rushing quite a bit. The Epsiode felt more like a Summary then an episode tbh.

Fai said:

Except for the fact that Redhead isn't a love interest ;)
It has been shown that they are more like bros then anything.

Also, Science, bitches!
Jul 22, 2016 4:53 PM

Jul 2010
I haven't even read the LN or the manga but I can already tell this just feels rushed becuase the pacing feels REALLY off with this show, kinda a shame. And the characters have no depth to them...
Jul 22, 2016 5:04 PM

Jul 2011
My only complain so far... Why skirts for uniforms at a military academy.

Otherwise, definitely liking this since the first episode. Has a different vibe to it.
Jul 22, 2016 6:28 PM

Jun 2013
Ikta is just an awesome troll lol and Sarihaslag is just an asshole
Jul 22, 2016 7:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
heh, Ikta the MILF hunter.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 22, 2016 7:54 PM
Jan 2014
This episode is a bit boring, not much is exposed other than a disgusting side of the MC. :| I've lost all my sympathy for him. How could he get mad when someone talks bad about his mother while he sleeps around with married woman? :| Just plain hypocrisy
I take back my comment from previous ep. The MC doesn't deserve any pity no matter how sad the author makes his background. His angry burst last ep was so fake.
zenograffJul 22, 2016 8:18 PM
Jul 22, 2016 8:07 PM

Aug 2015
The more I watch this the more I love the mc. I can't lmao....
Jul 22, 2016 9:14 PM
Oct 2007
Wow. I am not sure if it's because I am a male plus this is sort of like military.. I'm liking this a lot despite the score on MAL!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2016 9:16 PM

Sep 2013
Ikta is showing just a glimpse of his genius right now. This guy is no joke at all.

Both Ikta and Yatori were pretty cool this episode. Each episode this show gets more and more interesting. Seriously can't wait to see what happens next week.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» YATORI

Bijou146 - Aug 31, 2023

13 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 22, 9:24 PM

» Aren't the spirits completely unnecessary?

Yeetyus - Feb 9

5 by Zefyris »»
Mar 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

70 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

136 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 AM

» Why is the princess obsessed with Ilkta?

Aithusa21 - Jul 30, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
May 18, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.