3It was OK
15.4%
2Disliked it
12.1%
1Hated it
5.5%
Average 3.8
91 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 12, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Machi just really loves to go to the city huh? Oh wait. I think she's just avoiding it now because of her previous experience as an idol. Cute episode. The little bits of flashbacks between her and Natsu is heartwarming. Hopefully she'll forget about her bad experience at the stores soon though. That was just damn embarrassing

Lol more idol fun. I really hope Machi can pull herself together..
Stark700Jun 12, 2016 10:33 AM
Jun 12, 2016 10:42 AM

Aug 2008
This series really forgot about being funny and turned rather pitiful and annoying. Nothing really changed and humour got too stale to stomach. Repetition eventually kills all jokes.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 12, 2016 10:42 AM

Jan 2012
HOLY FUCK! That went ta hell real quick huh? Watching poor Machi crash and burn was painful. And, sadly, very relateable. :( Girl seriously needs professional help. I wonder if Dr. Natsu can provide it in our finale! XD
Jun 12, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
Come on Machi, now you really have to make up your mind. Whether go to city AND see more of that "beast" people like before or live in the village and having a City Girl Quiz for the rest of your life.
It become a total disaster the moment Machi run away from the stage. Especially for Yoshio LOL
MasceraJun 12, 2016 10:56 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 12, 2016 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
Machi needs to have to make up her mind about whether to go to the city or live in the village.

I can't believe that Machi ran away from the stage and has a wrong idea about what people think of her.

Poor Yoshio.
Jun 12, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2015
Girl meets Anxiety Disorders. This is not a laughing matters, she should go consult a psychiatrist.

I'm gonna be disappointed if she going back to square one. Oh wait, Is there any progress to begin with?

Jun 12, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
Machi was unbelievably cute this episode especially when she walked into the mic and fell over
when she called out for Natsu omg

wtf there is only one episode left
Jun 12, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
run, run, go on, run away

miko, miko, time to run away
Jun 12, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2015
Machi sure are born in the wrong century

I want this series have more sol scenes not this :'((
Jun 12, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2013

Fina-fucking-ly!!!!! Been waiting for Machi to retaliate for 10 episodes now. She's finally done it! Good on you! You should've jabbed him a couple more times!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 12, 2016 12:44 PM

Jan 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

Fina-fucking-ly!!!!! Been waiting for Machi to retaliate for 10 episodes now.

She's punched him like that before, at the mall.
Jun 12, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2008
Yoshio is so very dense. How could he have thought that she was just being shy.

Poor Machi, she keeps trying and trying but she just can't seem to overcome her fear and anxiety. :(
Jun 12, 2016 1:14 PM

Feb 2015
Her trauma towards the girl, the city was on the level which pissing me off so much. i'm just gonna be honest, this episode pissed me off cause of 2 reason. first because of that fucking guy is so forcefull and selfish as fuck which made me angry everytime i see him forcing machi to do this and that. the second reason is Machi's trauma towards people in the city. serisouly, that one pissed me one like.......just how the fuck can all of that happen to her ? i mean......just look at the person's face.....doesn't even has any bad intentions to Machi.....i mean.....even you can tell just by feeling it. Machi needs a doctor seriously. she has a mental sickness. seriosuly m8, if i were her, i would go to a doctor first and ask to cure that fucking mental sickness.

either way, i didn't enjoy this episode a bit because of those 2 reasons, other than that was pretty good. i enjoy this episode but not fully enjoyed it xD

next week will be the last episode. looking foward for the last episode then xD
Jun 12, 2016 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
So natsu's true colors are revealed he doesn't want to see machi leave sad but does this explain why machi has such a hard time with the outside world because Natsu might have cursed her without knowing? it was really hard to watch machi suffer onstage like that this episode not my favorite in fact I barely liked it.
Shallamayne said:

Poor Yoshio?? Surely you mean poor Machi.

I'll be honest he needs to be removed from the series or replaced with someone more tolerable. Also he needs to be beaten up more.
Jun 12, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
FallenEntity said:
So natsu's true colors are revealed he doesn't want to see machi leave sad but does this explain why machi has such a hard time with the outside world because Natsu might have cursed her without knowing? it was really hard to watch machi suffer onstage like that this episode not my favorite in fact I barely liked it.
Shallamayne said:

Poor Yoshio?? Surely you mean poor Machi.

I'll be honest he needs to be removed from the series or replaced with someone more tolerable. Also he needs to be beaten up more.

Yup, thought the same thing. I pity Natsu and really feel sorry for Machi. Yoshio deserved that punch :x Makes me even more sad, that next week will be the last episode :( It's not a perfect series, but it's not bad either!

Jun 12, 2016 1:26 PM

Jan 2014
Last episode and the first half of this one were really funny, like some of the first episodes, but it went downhill again after that. Matsu and Yasuda were stealing the show again and Hiiki was funny too. Last episode we even got a bit of insight into Yoshio and Machi's relationship, how he just sees her as a daughter. But then we end this episode on a very depressing note with a runaway Machi. I don't hate this show, but I just don't get it.

animefan8800 said:
HOLY FUCK! That went ta hell real quick huh? Watching poor Machi crash and burn was painful. And, sadly, very relateable. :( Girl seriously needs professional help. I wonder if Dr. Natsu can provide it in our finale! XD
GuidedCursor said:
Girl meets Anxiety Disorders. This is not a laughing matters, she should go consult a psychiatrist.

I'm gonna be disappointed if she going back to square one. Oh wait, Is there any progress to begin with?

My thoughts exactly, Machi has some serious issues.

I hope the finale will show to Machi that actually 80% of the Tohoku idols contestants are pure blooded country bumpkins. That did seem to be the premise of their introduction.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jun 12, 2016 1:59 PM

Nov 2014
Machi uppercutting that asshole Yoshio was the best part.

4/5
Jun 12, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
I'll be pissed if she just ends up back in the village, unable to leave like Natsu wants.

Oh you have your little girl back with you... yeah but what happens when you are dead and she is old and alone with only a bear (that isn't you Natsu) for company? What about the potential future husband and father of her children she could have met if she wasn't emotionally crippled and was able to go to a high school outside the village?

I'd like to hope if it does go the "Machi stuck in the village" direction that Yoshio's revitalization project actually works and brings in new people including that potential future husband otherwise she is going to be a very lonely old woman.

And that slight rant this it taking this a little too seriously is now over.
Jun 12, 2016 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
Raff said:

Yup, thought the same thing. I pity Natsu and really feel sorry for Machi. Yoshio deserved that punch :x Makes me even more sad, that next week will be the last episode :( It's not a perfect series, but it's not bad either!

do you think Natsu might tell machi about what he did or at least ask the mountain gods to remove the curse?
Jun 12, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2011
This was my favorite show this season. Slowly but surely, however, the show's appeal started to really wear off. Machi isn't as moe, Natsu isn't as lovable... Yoshio went from a "not funny gag joke" to "unbearable character."

Quite disappointed this is how this show turned out. The supposed jokes aren't even funny anymore.
Jun 12, 2016 4:38 PM

Aug 2014
I've liked the majority of the episodes but this one really doesn't sit well with me. Seeing how Machi's shyness goes way beyond just being shy and is pretty much massive social anxiety, participating in an idol contest probably wasn't the best idea for her first time in a city which in of itself would have a massive impact on her
Get your shit straight Brenda
Jun 12, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
Machi getting in panic was what I was expecting. Let's see if she can calm down and make a good show in the last episode.
Jun 12, 2016 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Yoshoi. xD Machi is so self conscious to the point of it being super adorable. Her seiyuu should catch a big break after this role. xD
Jun 12, 2016 8:17 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Walowizard said:
I've liked the majority of the episodes but this one really doesn't sit well with me. Seeing how Machi's shyness goes way beyond just being shy and is pretty much massive social anxiety, participating in an idol contest probably wasn't the best idea for her first time in a city which in of itself would have a massive impact on her

Agree.......waiting for next week.
Jun 12, 2016 9:32 PM

Jun 2013
Why can't they realize that Machi and her anxiety is not normal but incredibly serious, this has went from a cute little comedy to a depressing show that struggle to even enjoy
I mean, at the beginning of the episode, Machi was threatening to jump off a fucking cliff, how the fuck is that funny or cute!!!!!!
Also, just when I thought it wasn't possible to hate Yoshio any more than I already do, this shit happens!
Jun 12, 2016 9:40 PM
Jan 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
Why can't they realize that Machi and her anxiety is not normal but incredibly serious, this has went from a cute little comedy to a depressing show that struggle to even enjoy
I mean, at the beginning of the episode, Machi was threatening to jump off a fucking cliff, how the fuck is that funny or cute!!!!!!
Also, just when I thought it wasn't possible to hate Yoshio any more than I already do, this shit happens!

It was obvious that she wasn't the least bit serious about jumping off a cliff. And her anxiety is not that unusual for a little kid of her age, I was homeschooled and had the same problems around strangers growing up. It hardly makes her mentally ill.
Jun 12, 2016 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
4061453 said:
SakurasouBusters said:

It was obvious that she wasn't the least bit serious about jumping off a cliff. And her anxiety is not that unusual for a little kid of her age, I was homeschooled and had the same problems around strangers growing up. It hardly makes her mentally ill.

Seemed pretty serious to me, and anxiety is normal for a kid yes, but not to that extent, She has a very serious problem.
Jun 13, 2016 12:28 AM
Feb 2016
If Machi sang and danced Kumamiko-Dancing in competition, she must be winner.
Jun 13, 2016 2:32 AM

Apr 2009
Tevens said:
Her trauma towards the girl, the city was on the level which pissing me off so much. i'm just gonna be honest, this episode pissed me off cause of 2 reason. first because of that fucking guy is so forcefull and selfish as fuck which made me angry everytime i see him forcing machi to do this and that. the second reason is Machi's trauma towards people in the city. serisouly, that one pissed me one like.......just how the fuck can all of that happen to her ? i mean......just look at the person's face.....doesn't even has any bad intentions to Machi.....i mean.....even you can tell just by feeling it. Machi needs a doctor seriously. she has a mental sickness. seriosuly m8, if i were her, i would go to a doctor first and ask to cure that fucking mental sickness.

either way, i didn't enjoy this episode a bit because of those 2 reasons, other than that was pretty good. i enjoy this episode but not fully enjoyed it xD

next week will be the last episode. looking foward for the last episode then xD

This. That girl seriously has an anxiety disorder and it's not funny. No matter how they try to make it "cute" and "funny".
Jun 13, 2016 3:16 AM

Jan 2011
FallenEntity said:
Raff said:

do you think Natsu might tell machi about what he did or at least ask the mountain gods to remove the curse?

Didn't read the manga, only checked the first 3-4 chapters. I guess he will tell Machi about it in some way and probably lift it in the end. We'll see what happens.

Jun 13, 2016 4:19 AM

May 2014
This was actually painful to watch
Jun 13, 2016 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
4061453 said:
And her anxiety is not that unusual for a little kid of her age. It hardly makes her mentally ill.

Going through a phase as a teenager, feeling anxious and shy, is world's apart from having an anxiety disorder. The way that Machi is depicted strongly suggests that it's the latter.
Also, a mental disorder is an illness and should be treated as such.

Jun 13, 2016 5:57 AM

Jan 2015
Some people here are taking this show way too seriously...I mean, c'mon...
Jun 13, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2014
idol audition at Sendai?!
reminds me of WUG (Wake up Girls)

lol
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 13, 2016 10:59 AM

May 2015
That punch to the stomach never gets old, lmao. Seems like Machi's anxiety is building up. Can't blame her. It's pretty scary, especially for a girl like her. Decent episode.

Jun 13, 2016 12:39 PM

May 2014
It thought she was gonna have a heart attack
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 13, 2016 5:15 PM

Jul 2015
Natsu showing his true feelings on the subject of Machi going to the city, the flashbacks of them together, and Machi punching Yotsun in the gut were the only things that I liked about this episode. I can't say I enjoy this show anymore, and the only reason I'm even watching it at this point is because it's almost over. This show has gotten kind of depressing.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 14, 2016 4:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Terrible episode honestly. This could go to a 5 if the ending isn't good.

Every character turning out to be meh except Natsu who also is just okay.
Jun 14, 2016 6:46 AM

Oct 2014
At first it was funny seeing Machi being such a country-girl but man hallucinating and stuff now that's serious. That cannot be called shyness or anxiety anymore, that's a mental disorder. How can they try to put that and still think it will be funny and cute. :/
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Jun 14, 2016 7:32 AM

Dec 2015
I was expecting the podium breakdown, but not the way she gave ill intents to every other girl (especially since those girls probably come from the villages and little towns around too). The phobia offered some funny moments but it can't possibly support a half-length series alone.
Natsu's true colours revelation was obviously coming (the end is near) but where did people read about a curse?

2/5

This series would have been better as a short collection of OAVs. It slowly killed my desire to read the manga.
Jun 14, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
THAT SOCIAL PHOBIA IS PAINFUL TO WATCH.
Jun 14, 2016 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Finally Yoshio realized that he was wrong, i thought it would never happen xD I can't believe that he couldn't "see" that Machi didn't want to be an Idol.

Kumaaaaaaaaaa Mikooooooo :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 14, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2016
Nobi-nobita said:
If Machi sang and danced Kumamiko-Dancing in competition, she must be winner.

Well someone knows what's up
No seriously.
Jun 14, 2016 11:53 PM

Sep 2013
Oh man how is this going to end. This "comedy" is so damn depressing for me.
Jun 15, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2015
poor Machi...
maybe because in her school there no other kids around her age
Next week will be the last episode, wish it will get good ending-npo!
Jun 15, 2016 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
I knwt that situations like this (her introduction) are supposed to be funny, but I couldn't watch root, I felt really sorry for her, even that she is a fictional character :D
And it's all Machi's fault.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 16, 2016 2:09 AM

Aug 2009
salmon-kun said:
I think this episode was ridiculous. Also, am i the only one who doesnt have any big problems with Yoshio while i dont like Machi at all?

You're not alone there

Jun 17, 2016 12:08 AM
Dec 2013
Episode was a mess. I can't stand Yoshio or machi after that episode.

People are mentioning that natsu did something? I guess I missed something?
Jun 18, 2016 5:43 AM

Oct 2013
I think it is telling that after Natsu cried out to the bear god that he wants Machi to fail, Machi falls apart during the rehearsal. Maybe it is coincidental or a mere suggestion, but his wishes for her success were insincere.

Unlike most other posters on here, I really like Kuma Miko. I even think that it is brilliant when it is difficult to watch. I think the creators are trying to make the audience uncomfortable and succeeding.

Maybe it's because I'm as old as the farmers in Kuma Miko and have a different perspective.

It's funny to me that when I see Machi putting negative thoughts into the heads of the other idols I realize I do the same thing almost every day with my co-workers. I assume they don't like me for very inconsequential reasons, but I'm likely making it up in my own mind. I doubt they're even thinking about me at all.
redtailravJun 18, 2016 5:46 AM
Jun 18, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2011
Ah! The end has plunged the narrative back in that atmosphere that I so hated in previous episodes. I hate to see Machi trudging crushed by his phobias, there is nothing funny about this. He was going so well the series, because shooting oneself in the foot? Natsu finally admits his weaknesses, not bad the quality of the sets and drawings.
Yoshio makes me nervous, he also deserved a kick in the ass.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

219 by Forum »»
Feb 29, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

55 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 26, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

63 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

92 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 16, 2022 11:59 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

74 by Gendolfas »»
Dec 11, 2019 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.