Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those new hunter guys are a bit aggressive tbh.

Biba's somewhat of an interesting character and definitely seems like a natural leader type to me.
Pretty good action this episode, kinda interesting to see the combat skills of the soldiers. Mumei fighting along side some of the new hunters is also interesting and one of them even have Kabaneri powers. I think Wit Studio poured quite a bit of budget into the fights. Also kinda interesting (although not surprising imo) about how Mumei became a Kabaneri.

Feels like the military may be hiding more than they know about the true nature of the Kabaneri. Biba's also quite cold as a character imo. Mumei and Ikoma's relationship also not doing too well ;o
Stark700Jun 2, 2016 11:49 AM
Jun 2, 2016 12:19 PM
Jan 2015
Damn, what an episode. Things sure seem to be getting tense in these later episodes.

I'm really glad we are getting some good character development for these character, specifically Mumei, with the way she was turned into a Kabaneri. The hunters also seem to have some really good coordination in their fights / battles.

It'll certainly be interesting to see why the hunters / Biba wanted the master key for the Koutetsujou for, there is certainly a lack of trust between the two parties and there relationship only seems to have gotten worse with them handing over a false key.

Stark700 said:
Mumei and Ikoma's relationship also not doing too well ;o

Definitely, it'll be interesting to see how this works out. I think we might end up seeing a decision for Mumei between choosing between the folks on the Koutetsujou or the hunters.
SwiftyJun 2, 2016 12:22 PM
Jun 2, 2016 1:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was an intense episode lol

At first I really liked Biba-sama but after that battle, this guy slowly turned into a murderous psychopath with warped ideals and thats fucking scary lol

The influence that he has on Mumei saddens me because just when she finally took one step forward, he made her take two steps back yet again and I hate whenever she acts like this....I get why she does, but you would think that after all this time she would realize that what her not brother is doing isn't right and decide to stand by her true family - Ikoma and co.

Besides all of the personal drama with Biba and Mumei, their past is quite interesting so I hope that we get to see it fleshed out a lot more, especially Biba's and his dad the Shogun and I want to see more of these experiments too (Pretty fucked up how Mumei is an artificial Kabaneri)

The visuals and OST are epic as usual but what was even more epic were those fight scenes and HOLY FUCK BIBA AND HIS TEAM ARE WAY TOO COOL AND DAT TAG TEAM WITH MUMEI AND THE BLONDE CHICK WAS WAY TOO BADASS
TokoyaJun 2, 2016 1:16 PM
Jun 2, 2016 1:18 PM

Nov 2015
Sleek action. Really a improvement over the last couple of eps. I was feeling the money animation pures into this one. Also intensity increased with the final boss perhaps?

So the action with bikes?! Damn cool, just made it a lot cooler. More Ikoma was needed though in it but I'm happy with the new soldiers and Mumei too.

Good backstory expanded, I was hoping more to the story and it was indeed. Mumei being manipulated at a young age was bound to. And the experiment was cruel, use of Kabane blood was cool to see.

Biba is one cold heart boss (not new to see) and maybe hated by many quickly (that's the work if a villain right?). Mumei and Ikoma relation crack was hard after so many eps were spent to built it.
bluebear_toraJun 2, 2016 1:25 PM
Jun 2, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
Wonder if those bunched up kabane on the train are failed kabaneri experiments. I get the feeling that Biba might turn himself into one. He's got that crazy look of revenge in his eyes.
Jun 2, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2008
Red said:
Wonder if those bunched up kabane on the train are failed kabaneri experiments. I get the feeling that Biba might turn himself into one. He's got that crazy look of revenge in his eyes.

Those kabane are going to get lose in Kongokaku I bet
Jun 2, 2016 1:35 PM

Sep 2015
Biba is scary D:
The fight was thrilling, how many of them have been turned into Kabaneri '-'
Mumei will betray Biba 100%
Jun 2, 2016 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Red said:

Oh, man the leader of those guys smiles everytime he kills a human so I wouldn't be surprised. I just hope ikoma can get mumei out of his hands.

Edit:
Corrected some spelling and grammatical errors
removed-userJun 2, 2016 2:51 PM
Jun 2, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
Dunciboy said:
Darklight0303 said:

Oh, man the leader to those guys smiles everytime he kills he human so I wouldn't be surprised I just hope ikoma can get mumei out of his hands.

Mumei is in for a horrible wake up call.
Jun 2, 2016 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
Knew that these Hunters are not Ones that you should underestimate...Even if some of them have clearly gotten arrogant from their Job. I know and appreciate what Ikoma is going to do for Mumei, but facing Biba like that from the 1st Meeting. There is place and time for that.

O__O No wonder Shogun and Others in Goverment are thinking Biba and his Crew as Dangerous....Steam Bikes...Better Weaponry..KABANERI SOLDIERS.....Biba could easily take over THE COUNTRY if he Wanted!! and SHogun and Co. aren't in any kind of control of this group. Like hell Any Government would want this powerful group inside the country if they are not in their own Leash.

and He have not any need of any Guys...that he cannot Use.....even if it is former comrade....he obviously is not that Good guy as he makes himself...Wondering what is his Final Plan tough?

Darklight0303 said:
Dunciboy said:

Oh, man the leader to those guys smiles everytime he kills he human so I wouldn't be surprised I just hope ikoma can get mumei out of his hands.

Yep. and Main Enki (Station) is going to burn while she get that Call.....So called "Ani-sama's" revelation as Main Antagonist or bad guy has been in my opinion somewhat heavily hinted last 2-3 episodes....so I am not going to be surprise when it happens....and Most biggest Hint was that Ikoma was suspicious about him....Anime Fact: When MC is worried about somebody, unless it is to be revealed as Troll, that person is going to be revealed as enemy. Me thinks Biba plans the Coup de'tad...

AH!!!! So it is more like a revenge what Biba wants!

Not going to be Easy take Mumei away tough. 1: Like hell Hunters and Biba will Allow it, 2: She is somewhat Brainwashed to be almost absolutely Loyal to Biba. or she will be afraid to betray him...and he just showed that one side to her....

4 episodes left...and obviously we are heading for the Final.....I change my Vote for this series to Full 10!!! this is THAT AWESOME!
JarjaxleJun 2, 2016 2:34 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 2, 2016 1:49 PM

Oct 2015
I kinda liked Biba but after Ikoma explained that he laughed while killing other people I kinda lost my interest in his character. They are obviously setting him up as an antagonist(at least that's what I think after ep 8, maybe something changes later on). Overall a nice episode, I just wish Mumei wasn't so hard to deal with, she seriously hasn't progressed at all.
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Jun 2, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Looks like biba might be the main antagonist in this series.

Biba's group of fighters are really strong and impressive. Another kabenari has shown up as well which is interesting.
Jun 2, 2016 1:56 PM

May 2016
You know...I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying this anime.....I mean, the 25 minutes of this episode felt more like 10 for me......That means i'm enjoying it, right?

Now.........Steam Motorcycles? That came out of nowhere......Like WUT?
HyperLJun 2, 2016 2:04 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 2, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
Biba does not seen to be such a nice guy, but still rather like him more than Ikoma.
I kind of wish his mouth would have been impaired cause of the "virus"
Jun 2, 2016 2:18 PM

Aug 2010
Well this was pretty much what I expected the moment I heard Mumei keep mentioning her Ani-sama and Idolizing him. Drama and the type I don't like :/

I can't really blame Mumei tbh. She's lived her whole life with Biba and been pretty much brain washed by him so just spending a few days with some "friends" won't change her. It'll need to be something way more impactful.

Biba's ur usual stuck up prick with huge charisma and nice words. Gotta admit his design looks awesome. He's savagely Fabulous
Jun 2, 2016 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
I hope Biba gets his head ripped off.
Jun 2, 2016 2:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Biba is fucking fabulous, i love this guy already. He actually has a legitimate reason, too for doing all this, it seems. Ikoma is awesome, too.

I like where this is going.
SmudyJun 2, 2016 2:55 PM
Jun 2, 2016 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Jarjaxle said:
Knew that these Hunters are not Ones that you should underestimate...Even if some of them have clearly gotten arrogant from their Job. I know and appreciate what Ikoma is going to do for Mumei, but facing Biba like that from the 1st Meeting. There is place and time for that.

O__O No wonder Shogun and Others in Goverment are thinking Biba and his Crew as Dangerous....Steam Bikes...Better Weaponry..KABANERI SOLDIERS.....Biba could easily take over THE COUNTRY if he Wanted!! and SHogun and Co. aren't in any kind of control of this group. Like hell Any Government would want this powerful group inside the country if they are not in their own Leash.

and He have not any need of any Guys...that he cannot Use.....even if it is former comrade....he obviously is not that Good guy as he makes himself...Wondering what is his Final Plan tough?

Darklight0303 said:

Yep. and Main Enki (Station) is going to burn while she get that Call.....So called "Ani-sama's" revelation as Main Antagonist or bad guy has been in my opinion somewhat heavily hinted last 2-3 episodes....so I am not going to be surprise when it happens....and Most biggest Hint was that Ikoma was suspicious about him....Anime Fact: When MC is worried about somebody, unless it is to be revealed as Troll, that person is going to be revealed as enemy. Me thinks Biba plans the Coup de'tad...

Not going to be Easy take Mumei away tough. 1: Like hell Hunters and Biba will Allow it, 2: She is somewhat Brainwashed to be almost absolutely Loyal to Biba. or she will be afraid to betray him...and he just showed that one side to her....

4 episodes left...and obviously we are heading for the Final.....I change my Vote for this series to Full 10!!! this is THAT AWESOME!

Brace yourself the episode 12 cliffhanger for season 2 is coming closer and closer.
Jun 2, 2016 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
Dunciboy said:
Jarjaxle said:

Brace yourself the episode 12 cliffhanger for season 2 is coming closer and closer.

Yes Please...I would love to see 2nd Season!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 2, 2016 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
The Hunters are really fucking badass

Biba is quite the interesting character O_O

Jun 2, 2016 3:08 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
awe man, why old snake gotta die lol?

and why is this anime only 12 episodes?
Jun 2, 2016 3:16 PM

Mar 2016
Very good episode . Biba is an interesting character . Mamo voicing him even better.
So they incorporated the virus into mumei's body after he brainwashed her into becoming strong to protect herself and survive unlike her mother whom he describes as weak . What a savage . Keeping kabane also on the train to run experiments i think . But his weapon is cool , a sword with a gun i assume .
Jun 2, 2016 3:19 PM
Feb 2016
This was an intense episode. I love the fight scenes they were really interesting and well paced.

I didn't really trust Biba since what Mumei said last episode about the weak not being allowed to live so naturally when he turned out to be an ambitious psychopath that uses people as he sees fit I wasn't really surprised.

I guess I can imagine Mumei having to choose between the hunters and the Koujetso guys really soon.

This episode really showed how Mumei is still quit innocent and how it's easy to fool her, I loved the backstory on how she became a Kabaneri albeit predictable it was still entertaining.

I hope she opens her eyes soon.
Jun 2, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2009
that Biba is evil alright, Mumei is brainwashed by him lol
Jun 2, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2010
Wow Biba was evil? how predictable, totally wasn't obvious or anything. And ofc Mumei just follows everything her "brother" says without question. Not sure what what so great about this episode which apparently everyone here loved from what I've read so far. Well atleast this anime have a plot now fighting Biba I guess for the last 4 episodes left, not sure it's what I really wanted because you always see the human big bads in "zombie" apocalypse shows like these *cough* The Walking Dead *cough*. But guess I'll have to wait and see, all depends on how well executed it is.
TenthJun 2, 2016 4:04 PM
Jun 2, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2015
The fight scene was quite something! I like biba tbh, he seems like the type of antagonist that I'm supposed to love to hate and kinda empathize with his reasons.
May I add that this Pic from wit's twitter is totally BADASS! I love it
Jun 2, 2016 4:01 PM

Oct 2007
Tenth said:
How Biba was evil? how predictable, totally wasn't obvious or anything. And ofc Mumei just follows everything her "brother" says without question. Not sure what what so great about this episode which apparently everyone here loved from what I've read so far. Well atleast this anime have a plot now fighting Biba I guess for the last 4 episodes left, not sure it's what I really wanted because you always see the human big bads in "zombie" apocalypse shows like these *cough* The Walking Dead *cough*. But guess I'll have to wait and see.

Yeah same, dunno how this is scoring so high, I like Mumei and the setting seemed interesting at first, the animation is nice too, but it has nothing else to go along with it.
Jun 2, 2016 4:01 PM

Jun 2014
I was hoping they wouldn't make Biba a villain but I prepared myself for that possibility so I'm not really surprised by this twist (if this was supposed to be a plot twist, idk). Kind of predictable, but I can live with it. Such a shame that Mumei has clearly been brainwashed by her almighty onii-sama and refuses to accept the truth. Lets see how they deal with this guy for the last 4 episodes.

But hey, the action in this episode was pretty cool so it wasn't all bad. Sucks that Enoku got killed though, I would have like to see more of his character.
thebrentinator24Jun 2, 2016 4:08 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 2, 2016 4:03 PM

May 2016
Raz1515 said:
The fight scene was quite something! I like biba tbh, he seems like the type of antagonist that I'm supposed to love to hate and kinda empathize with his reasons.
May I add that this Pic from wit's twitter is totally BADASS! I love it

Wow......The woman Anisama is hugging has quite the ass.......
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 2, 2016 4:06 PM
Jan 2016
Aw, so he is a late-reveal villain. Thought for certain they would spend the rest of the episodes hinting at it and revealing it as a cliffhanger.
Jun 2, 2016 4:20 PM

Nov 2014
So, basically, Biba is ninja Hitler.

Decent episode. The action was beautiful as usual.

I'm hoping this whole Biba thing gets resolved in the next episode. His influence over Mumei is annoying.
Jun 2, 2016 4:33 PM

Apr 2013
Not a fan of this episode. The conflict between Mumei and Ikoma was forced and came off as cheap drama and Biba turned out to be a typical villain who's comically evil. At least that double kabaneri action was sweet and the ED was great as usual.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 2, 2016 4:47 PM

Jun 2015
This anime's scout corps lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 4:51 PM
Mar 2015
somebody is gonna get rkt soon
Jun 2, 2016 4:52 PM

May 2016
And there you go guys the final issue our characters have to deal with before this cour ends. This little Arc will pretty much decide the fate of this anime.

Will it do good enough to get a second season?

Or...

Will it not be enough and this anime will be forgotten in a couple of weeks?

STAY TUNED ;)
Jun 2, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2012
seriously?

taking titan concept is okay, but nonsense drama?

damn, this series is slowly getting worse.
Jun 2, 2016 5:15 PM

May 2012
Biba is a fucking savage lol.Then again I haven't met a person with a beast ass sword not to be one tho.

Plus that team work.
Jun 2, 2016 5:16 PM

Oct 2007
geralt said:
Not a fan of this episode. The conflict between Mumei and Ikoma was forced and came off as cheap drama and Biba turned out to be a typical villain who's comically evil. At least that double kabaneri action was sweet and the ED was great as usual.

tbh all of this anime is just predictable cheap drama. I'm still confused on how their world works, at least in Shingeki attacks to the "cities" weren't a problem, here it is a blob of inconsistencies with TRAINS! Even politics in this anime seem cheap =S

The concept, art and (cof, shingeki-kinda) music is nice, but plot and character development is all over the place.
Jun 2, 2016 5:30 PM

Nov 2014
I didn't mind the premise being similar to AoT's but the themes are also very similar. KnK doesn't feel very new or genuine.
Jun 2, 2016 5:32 PM

Oct 2014
Biba did nothing wrong, the man did what was really felt right, yeah he is gonna turn insane, he will be another Griffith(Berserk fans will get it).

I hope there confirm a 2nd cour, it would be disappointing if Biba falls in 4 episodes.

Jun 2, 2016 5:33 PM

Oct 2014
Tiemuuu said:
I didn't mind the premise being similar to AoT's but the themes are also very similar. KnK doesn't feel very new or genuine.

How Mumei turned into a fighter was basically THE SAME AS MIKASA.

"FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT", then both snap and kill the murderer.

Jun 2, 2016 5:51 PM

Mar 2011
Damn it, I almost choked myself laughing so hard when Biba said "TATAKAE" XD At least Mumei didn't become cold and serious like Mikasa.
And remember guys, whenever you see a long haired guy with a weird-unusual colour hair, hot and badass, there's a possibility of 1000% he's going to be the bad guy.
RIP Snake, you did good... for a couple episodes.

Also, my otp is in danger, help
Jun 2, 2016 5:53 PM

Apr 2014
Attack on Trains continues!

Uninteresting episode. Obvious plot is obvious, red-haired bad guy is as one dimensional as it gets.
Jun 2, 2016 5:53 PM

Dec 2013
So 10 years ago, Biba served the Shogun with dedication, and earned the enmity of either the Shogun himself or his jealous retainers, who decided to screw him over by leaving him without support on the battlefield. After surviving that incident, he's become warped and had desired to power himself up with the likes of Kabane technology, thus becoming the most powerful fighter for the people and the most celebrated champion of humanity... yeah, that's pretty much what I got from this episode.

Of course, I'd mention that his betrayal by his higher ups probably left his disposition warped, which is also why he "brainwashed" Mumei into believing his philosophy (I call bullshit on this, yes he took advantage of Mumei's innocent nature, but it's not necessarily brainwash, he actually believes in the stuff he says himself, Mumei herself decided to follow his philosophy, it's not the same thing). So I guess the big mystery here is: Why did the Shogunate want him dead prior to his dabbling in the dark Kabane arts? And also what is it that he plans to do now that he's been warped? Revenge on the Shogunate? Experiments to turn all humans into Kabaneri so as to fight against the Kabane threat? More knowledge into the dark arts of Kabaneri conversion for his own gains?

Looks like the cogs are finally moving a little faster here on this show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 2, 2016 5:57 PM

Jun 2013
Personal prediction is that he's planning on filling the Koutetsujou with Kabane and then will leave one kabaneri on board to direct the train to break into the big city. The hunters will then arrive and use the ensuing carnage to "rescue" the city and use the popular support to overthrow the shogun.
Jun 2, 2016 6:01 PM

Nov 2014
LordPerucho said:
Tiemuuu said:

How Mumei turned into a fighter was basically THE SAME AS MIKASA.

"FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT", then both snap and kill the murderer.

this exactly. I just completely tuned off during that scene... It was a very powerful scene in AoT (at least for me) but showing the same thing again is boring.
Jun 2, 2016 6:07 PM

Jul 2009
Did they really have to make Biba a villain? It was too predictable, it would of been more intense and interesting if he was actually a good person who just makes tough decisions (partly because he was betrayed), but making him smile when killing people and being so merciless and crafty is a pain.

But he's still one fine piece of eye candy like damn. Dat hair still be fabulous!

I like that other dude on the bike too. Like damn his minio--i mean soldiers are badass.
Jun 2, 2016 6:27 PM

Oct 2013
Didn't like this episode, the first half was decent with cool action scenes, the second half though was cringe worthy full of forced drama and Mumei being a robot that can't think for a second.

Hope we won't get anymore episodes like this....
Jun 2, 2016 6:37 PM

Aug 2014
It's funny when Mumei said strong people don't depend on anyone, and just trust in its own strength, but she herself often calls for her brother's name. Lol.
Jun 2, 2016 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
Man, this show would be so good if half the characters weren't so annoying. :/ Lots of potential ruined over such trivial things. Hopefully this whole villain thing is worth it in the end but I won't have high hopes for it.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

931 by Gunders »»
Yesterday, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.