Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol funny drawing.

I think the episode reaffirms Ouma as a strange individual. And lol, he transfers to school..

I think it's about time the show made room for other characters to get some spotlight since it's all been about Ouma and Yukina so far.
Noelle and Liu seems somewhat interesting characters I guess. Their school actually seems pretty normal
May 5, 2016 6:20 AM

Apr 2010
Kenousuke still adapting andin school this time which was expected but funny nonetheless.
Tho it seems the others need to get used to him as well and it seems like not everyone likes him.
Things are going to be interesting.
May 5, 2016 8:30 AM

May 2015
Ouma getting used to school this time. That was funny as well.

That second half got really interesting. It seems those enemies are back again. Exciting stuff alright. Judging from this episode though, maybe there will be a bit of romance?

Awesome episode.

May 5, 2016 9:21 AM

May 2014
My romance senses are tingling
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
May 5, 2016 9:35 AM

Sep 2015
Wew the excitement near the end, then suddenly a cliffhanger. Give me the next episode~!

I think its better to think less about the romance department. The greater you hope, the bigger disappointment you get =( Of i believe the romance between Yukina and Ken sure to be sweet in the end if there is one.

Well anyway, from this episode i can see Yukina not that willingly to do those kind of stuff. She is mostly led by Ken, in her believing of Ken. Even Ken only think about revenge which is understandable.
May 5, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2013
If there any romance between Yukina and Ken, I kinda sad with the guy that like Yukina.

and first fanservice from Yukina's friend :D
Hope their explore Yukina's problem cause she is the only civilian who forced to battle with this alien.
May 5, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
I love this and we still have 21 episodes left !!
aaaaaah I like ken hahaha
May 5, 2016 1:55 PM

May 2009
I hope people won't whine that: "Waaah, another high school anime"

Dem everything
May 5, 2016 4:12 PM

Jul 2015
They gave him a dictionary to look up words he doesn't understand lol. Seems like the blonde girl is jealous of Yukina.
May 5, 2016 4:34 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode. Got to love those PAworks' subtle romance undertones.
Seems like next episode is going to bring back some action in...
May 5, 2016 6:02 PM

Nov 2014
i had to facepalm when i got the vibes that the samurai will be a transfer student but then it happened!! i had to facepalm twice!!!

my god i thought it was not going to that route, anyhow nice episode with predictable romance.... still better than *

3/5
May 6, 2016 2:40 AM

Mar 2016
CrotakuShinobi said:
My romance senses are tingling

Please no...Im fine with the high school setting but does this show really need romance right now? Barely anything happened this episode. I for one would rather they just focus on the main plot points and if romantic stuff just happens to occur then hey, thats great. Kinda like real life.

This is one of my favorites this season but for me worse episode so far. Still looking forward to next week though, still plenty of time, this could take any path at this point.
May 6, 2016 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
with hte passage of episodes I am starting to like kennosuke character
May 6, 2016 3:40 AM

Jan 2015
I already seen him in that uniform on the OP a lot. But when see him in that class greeting and also his painting, it's just to hilarious. LOL
He surely needs to learn about words he never heard or used before, and that e-Dictionary surely come in handy for now than his own Kuromukuro. And I guess it's just a hunch but I'm "sniffing" some of romance coming from Sophie. Could be it's a triangular love?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 6, 2016 3:43 AM
Feb 2016
He's learning so fast - and I love this moment.
May 6, 2016 4:35 AM

Nov 2015
Good to see more characters especially that admirer of Yukina.
The mechas arrived at last, I was hoping the time had come for some action after all group meetings and crazy school stuff.
May 6, 2016 4:38 AM

May 2014
Pacing so slowww...no wonder it's gonna have 26 episodes
Currently hooked at this atm
May 6, 2016 9:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The show with some of the best characterizations and interactions of the season has struck again with another great episode

That scene in the mech at the end was too cute and I can't wait to see them fight next episode
May 6, 2016 10:20 AM

Jan 2015
Love the atmosphere of this anime.
Dat OST at the end! Bring the action!

Dunno about you guys but it gave me NGE's vidbes at the end.

This anime deserves more attention, both here on MAL and in Japan
May 6, 2016 10:55 AM

Feb 2014
The OST at the end of the episode was excellent! We need more of that! =D

It's amusing to see Ouma adjusting to school life now, listening to a lot of words that he's never heard of before. At least he's got a dictionary to use now. ^_^

Sophie's one cool and calm character, but her last words the Ouma and Yukina before departing from the library shows her disappointment and, unsurprisingly, jealousy that the two before her will be the key to saving their country from the alien attacks. Better get used to it Sophie. =/

We also encounter a trio of perverts who're interest in Ouma's reactions during the school day, as well as checking out Mika's figure in the classroom. Two of them are determined to see the action up close, but I'm predicting that they'll be in the firing line if they do get too close.

Overall, this was a funny episode, and also a great build up to next week's battle. =D
May 6, 2016 11:06 AM

Oct 2009
Xenocrisi said:

I agree with you, it's really underrated :(
May 6, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
so he goes to school and i don't like that blonde and her butler
May 6, 2016 12:39 PM

Oct 2015
The slow pace really works well here. Exceeding my expectations so far!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2016 1:28 PM

Feb 2015
got a whiff of Full Metal Panic in this episode, not a bad thing mind. Love the character interaction's. The script is quite funny as well, looking forward to action next week. It's still criminally underrated on MAL.
May 6, 2016 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
I find Sophie irritating.
May 6, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
Koharu is still the best. I love how she seems to be addicted to samurai movies and large battle scenes.

This show would also instantly get a 9/10 if the two MC's wouldn't end up together. I'm guessing they will, but it'd be epic to see Ken end up with the super hungry health ed. teacher.

Finally, it needs to be said that the (mecha) swordplay in this show is actually one of the most accurate I've seen in anime. It's far from realistic, very far, but it does seem to incorporate at least some elements of koryū kenjutsu, and then there's Ken commenting on the faulty stances in Koharu's movies.

Crashmatt said:
It's still criminally underrated on MAL.

It most certainly is.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 6, 2016 2:55 PM

Oct 2014
Unami Marina-sensei so goddamn cute! <3

I hope the counseling teacher shows up again.
May 6, 2016 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
So why his name Sebastian??
May 6, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
Wrsty said:
They gave him a dictionary to look up words he doesn't understand lol. Seems like the blonde girl is jealous of Yukina.

I wouldn't say jealous of Yukina, maybe more of Ken for being able to control the mecha?
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
May 6, 2016 4:15 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Never knew this was a two-cour series. Now I can not worry about it's pacing :D

3/5
May 6, 2016 4:16 PM

Nov 2014
GAH!

Something nearly happened finally LOL. Take it this series is going to be as long as One Piece so there is no rush for action?
May 6, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2009
lol ok they call him Ken now

and ye the pacing is so slow since its gonna be a 20+ episodes show
May 6, 2016 5:24 PM
Jul 2012
TYxTxYT said:
Wrsty said:

I wouldn't say jealous of Yukina, maybe more of Ken for being able to control the mecha?

Nah, she salty as ff that she doesn't get the d
May 6, 2016 5:28 PM
Jan 2013
Annoying character everywhere forcing the show to be interesting, but instead they are annoying...
at least good animation...
May 6, 2016 7:25 PM
Mar 2009
Finally a real move to adjust Kennosuke to the modern world. Good thing there's only a minor language barrier and apparently little problem with reading and writing. I appreciate his ability to adapt to tech.

So far, 3/4 of the GAUS team are total dicks. I need to see these people get their asses kicked. Sophie apparently has some kind of super-ideal of what a samurai is supposed to be.
May 6, 2016 10:50 PM
Jan 2012
I like the fact that Yukina is portrayed by PA studio to be just an ordinary girl who desire nothing more than an ordinary routine life. Her reaction to what has happened to her thus far, including becoming a part-time soldier suddenly, is very understandable and realistic. Clearly she still has a lot of growing up to do. I really look forward to her character development.
May 6, 2016 11:46 PM

May 2009
mezzo12 said:
So why his name Sebastian??

Japanese think it's popular name for butlers
May 6, 2016 11:55 PM

Dec 2013
Laughed so hard when Kenny boy was watching the Nobunaga anime show. For some reason, it would have actually made sense in his history given that even he has a mecha during the warring eras.

Yukina seems a bit stressed at being drafted into the army, it's a good thing that her friends and classmates are all so supportive of her though.
Now I actually want to know more about Sophie, she seems upset that Kenny isn't looking at her for some reason.

Once more I have to say that the animation of Kurobe and the Tateyama range is beautiful as always.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 7, 2016 4:01 AM

Dec 2015
Where is everyone seeing romance coming as a big thing here?

An episode in the continuity of the previous one, but slightly less appealing. Let's hope it continues like this for a moment. I liked that they addressed the vocabulary problem even for the japanese words, but the characters were a bit dumb to use foreign ones to talk to him.

"Call me Sebastian. [...] I'm a butler." What is this belief butlers are supposed to be called Sebastian? Was this a thing before Kuroshitsuji?

I always expect Ôma to behave strangely around Sophie, she is after all something he wasn't accustomed to see. (blond, white skin, european type)

4/5

Xenocrisi said:
Dunno about you guys but it gave me NGE's vibes at the end.

I only thought about Evangelion when Russia stopped an alien robot for a short moment using a nuclear missile, then again when the camera guy seemed a lot into mechas.

Xenocrisi said:

Where did you see the japanese reception so far?
May 7, 2016 4:05 AM

Sep 2015
Ken-kun is so likeable. That scene with the drawing, dictionary, kendo etc. Was so cute. Him and MC girl get along so naturally, it's fun watching every interaction. End scene and her admirer rushing on the bike was adorable as well. 5/5
May 7, 2016 4:24 AM
Mar 2014
Finally good to see the series expanding out to the rest of the characters and their backgrounds.

They still haven't quite explained the similarities of Yukina and the princess that "died" (or probably captured by alien/demons) before Ken went into stasis.

I predict Yukina is from the same ancestry as the princess, or perhaps a grand grand grand grand grand daughter of the princess that survived somehow after the crash that Ken saw in his last memory before hibernation.
May 7, 2016 5:43 AM

Jan 2015
Rei366 said:

Xenocrisi said:

Where did you see the japanese reception so far?

Pretty much everywhere
May 7, 2016 5:47 AM

Dec 2015
@Xenocrisi Well... I meant, where do you find the japanese audience evaluations, critics or whatever?
May 7, 2016 7:48 AM

Nov 2015
The episode was interesting, funny and entertaining. But too much of "sorry teacher, we are skipping class because we have to fight giant robots and save the world!" Oh, I'm too old for this shit xD

Ah, and that obvious thing of a samurai from 600 years ago attending classes like a regular student of his age... Come on, you serious? At least is no secret that he is from the past, which is cool. Would be stupid trying to hide that if you enrolled him to a school.

The teacher, Marina, was it? Super shy around... Ken... Yeah, ken is way easier.
May 7, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2014
I will be really suprised if this show will not have a romance subplot, with the high risk of a love triangle ;D
May 7, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2010
Most underrated anime of this season, each episode just keeps getting better and better and the characters are really well written and loving the MC so far, looking badass with no sleeves with his school uniform.
May 7, 2016 10:04 AM

Dec 2015
Him trying to get used to school and that dictionary they gave him was lol. Nice to have more characters introduced. That OST at the end was hype, looking forward to next episode.

May 7, 2016 10:33 AM
May 2015
Skullcrusher said:
Xenocrisi said:

I agree with you, it's really underrated :(
Oh don't worry...Netflix licensed this series so if they're going to follow the Ajin route, they will have all the episodes up on Netflix (and in English Dub) a couple of weeks after the show finishes. The show will most likely get more attention in the future.

May 7, 2016 10:57 AM

Jul 2015
TYxTxYT said:
Wrsty said:

Yeah I don't mean jealous romantically, jealous as in she probably wants to pilot that machine
May 7, 2016 10:59 AM
Aug 2014
Meh episode. And holy Jesus, the mechas design are atrocious in this anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

141 by Ronninn »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.