Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A strange start but interesting. The OP song has a catchy tone to it as well.

I like Tenga the most so far, feels like he can be a character that is going to be fun to watch. Agata's a really strange character, not sure I'll like him although there's some background storytelling about him already. Noriko 's connection with the Kiznaiver system is interesting and I think we'll learn even more about how it works besides what's on paper like sharing wounds and damage.

Artwork seems alright so far for a Trigger show. I think the show has potential with the premise.

Apr 9, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
OP is cool and ED is nice (I actually like ED song more than OP).

I cannot wait to learn about what they are going to happen with the system because first ep. is mostly we know. Though that girl from his memory looks like the mysterious girl. I'm not sure, but there's some connection to her mentioning 7 sins (probably those that gathered are related to 7 sins?).
tsubasaloverApr 9, 2016 8:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 9, 2016 8:26 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know why but the OP reminds me of A-ha - "Take on me"

Really interesting start. I love the idea behind that and the characters are also pretty likable.

Let's see what Trigger gives us this time.
Apr 9, 2016 8:41 AM

Jul 2012
Fappa said:

Omg it does. lol
That opening scene had beautiful art to it and I loved the color palette they went with.

That ass attack though.

Trigger is behind it this so let's hope it will be good.
4/5
PhylloNakamuraApr 9, 2016 8:45 AM

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Apr 9, 2016 8:59 AM

Apr 2015
holyfox6894 said:
Fappa said:

Omg it does. lol

First thing that came to my mind as well! XD

Pretty good start, although I didn't like the mc at all, all the others were okay I guess. I liked the premise, pretty unique how all of them can feel each other's pain now. Can't wait to see where this is going
Apr 9, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2015
Good start, Niko is already the best character..
The art is beautiful, all the colors, so pretty

I don't get the MC, but let's see where we can reach in this anime.
Apr 9, 2016 9:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Listening to that OP made made feel like I was high as fuck lol....I liked it though along with the ED

Right off the bat, the art style and just plain old weirdness and wackiness just screams Trigger which is always a good thing and quite frankly it all works very well just like with most of their series lol

The characters so far are great but the standout is easily Tenga because that guy is a real bro and is awesome as fuck....Great personality on him too....I like Not Esdeath a lot as well as the megane girl and Chidori (Where's Sasuke lol)....The rest are pretty weird like the fairy girl but that is by no means a bad thing here

MC is really strange though but the reason why I'm giving his pushover attitude a pass is because it's really not his fault as to why he's like that....Still, I really liked the interactions that he had with Tenga, Chidori and Not Esdeath

The concept behind this Kizuna System and Kiznaiver thing is very interesting yet a little confusing so I'm REALLY looking forward to finding out more about this stuff later on because I wanna see the fullest extent of this sharing pain thing as well as to see their powers (I'm assuming that they got powers at the end there) and then see how this world peace goal will plan out

Great start overall imo
TokoyaApr 9, 2016 9:16 AM
Apr 9, 2016 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
liked the atmosphere, hope this wont end up being half-assed
Apr 9, 2016 9:09 AM

Jan 2012
That was pretty out there huh? Well they learned Pain Split and Boobie Fondle. XD MC's really bland, intentionally so, but still to an at times irritating extent. He was experimented on as a kid I assume? Not much else to say really just...odd.
Apr 9, 2016 9:10 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice start. The art is really good and the OP was interesting. I don't know what to think about the MC though...

4/5
Apr 9, 2016 9:10 AM

Jun 2014
I thought it was interesting. I love the OP.
:3
Apr 9, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
TRIGGER IS BACK, BABY

Hajime is that silliness that comes from a Trigger series; I think I'm really gonna love him.

OP is pretty good, coming from someone who's usually not into Boom Boom Satellites. If anything, it looks amazing. The whole OST was great, though.
MozillaFennekinApr 9, 2016 9:21 AM
Apr 9, 2016 9:14 AM
Apr 2010
Need more Episodes to get the exact idea of the plot. D:
Apr 9, 2016 9:18 AM
Jan 2010
what a load of balls
Apr 9, 2016 9:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was... something

Gonna take a while to really see what this show will be about but I liked the start at least
Apr 9, 2016 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
An introvert probably "weak", at least for now MC that become a target for bullying. But never defy Logic.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 9, 2016 9:21 AM

Mar 2015
What if Mari Okada is actually an alien who's writing is the result of decades of research on anime culture?
DoomdoctorApr 9, 2016 9:26 AM
Apr 9, 2016 9:24 AM

Sep 2008
I like it!
I like chara designs and animation! *.*
Story seems to be interesting :D

and...
Kaji-kun voice in this one!
And this chara!
Is like Kenma from "Haikyuu!" *.*
I love it!

Want more!
Apr 9, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
I'm in love with the art style but I don't really like the MC a lot.
Apr 9, 2016 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
I felt like this was freaking 5 minutes Lmao. But other than that, pretty... confusing start. I guess to say the least. I like it but at the same time it's like this.

"Is it going to be clear later on?"
Apr 9, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2014
Best opening of the season, hands down.

Interested to see where this goes. Trigger has been hit and miss with me but this series definitely has potential.
Apr 9, 2016 9:34 AM

Dec 2015
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I couldn't want until this episode was released and when it was I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing I don't like is the MC, he irritates me; hopefully he will get some development now that he feels pain and should be able to connect with others. Also, I don't quite understand that thing that got linked on all their arms. I mean they were already sharing pain at this point, so I wonder what that does.

Also, do you guys know whether or not the pain sharing system decreases pain by spreading it evenly among the group of Kiznaivers or if each person feels the full extent of the original pain inflicted?
Apr 9, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2007
Niko = Nui?
I would laugh so hard, if Niko would be the total psychopath in this group.

I also liked the OP, didn't know Boom Boom Satellites where still around, really liked the Xamd OPs.
Apr 9, 2016 9:45 AM

Sep 2014
Wow. Some random bitch dragging MCs into something they don't want.

What a great way to start and move the plot! Has no one learned from Charlotte?

MC is cute. He somewhat reminds me of Tanaka.

I can't help but feel like the OP is what you see when high.
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 9, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2013
no idea whats going on but its only epsiode 1
Apr 9, 2016 9:56 AM

May 2015
Okay, thoughts so far, for one I just have to get out of the way how fucking visually amazing this show looks. Like holy shit this is probably one of the most visually impressive anime I've seen.

The idea of everyone sharing the same pain is pretty neat, but I wonder how it works? When Katushira fell from the stairs it seemed like everyone shared the pain and reduced it by splitting it amongst themselves so he could live.
But when Nico slaps Tenga(a.k.a best guy) it looked like they all felt the same force of Nico's slap and when Chidori started abusing herself it looked like they felt the same pain then as well.

The characters all seem likable enough but I need some growth to get attached to them.

Also has best OP of the season.

ty trigger, you have done what swagamoto, mha, and kabaneri could not. You have saved anime.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Apr 9, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2014
Not as edgy as I was expecting, but by the end with the wrists exploding with blood I can feel it getting to that level
Apr 9, 2016 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
Most stylish anime of 2016?
Apr 9, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2012
Well that was all over the place. It's going to be as polarizing as Kabaneri surely, but it'll be fun to watch whether it crashes and burns or becomes something.
Apr 9, 2016 10:04 AM

Dec 2015
Solitary boy receives ability after meeting (blue-haired) mysterious girl.

OK... well, it's from TRIGGER, so I will apply my Gainax logic and follow it.
But 13 eps and I don't see any road ahead after the first episode?

I was never fond of this kind of drawings, but it is pretty. The opening too.

Enjoyment: 3/5
Tentative score: 5/10

Note: a single hour after its first episode's worldwide airing, it has already received 20% of 9 and 10 (for a total of 500+ notations) ?! Are'nt people hasty... (we still don't know anything)
Rei_IIIApr 9, 2016 10:08 AM
Apr 9, 2016 10:07 AM

Sep 2015
That OP felt trippy. Tenga is the standout so far, the MC and blue haired chick are already annoying to me. Hope they focus more on side characters in this show

Jan 2015
Didn't feel very subtle with its subtext(?), what with "the darkness locked inside your heart," "the seven deadly sins of modern life," "to find themselves in you you must be connected," and what not.

I love the art, the character animations, the designs. Just beautiful, honestly. Trigger doesn't disappoint in this factor (and the music and OP are cool as well). I do like the visual effects, but the choice of sound for when they get hurt/share pain, not so much. It's jarring, but I guess that's the point.

Kenga is a bro, Niko is cute, and Katsu's hilarious. Don't have any thoughts on the other characters, but hopefully they show more eccentricities and idiosyncrasies. We're only one episode in, after all.

Nov 2015
Cool! Great start to another bright show of this season.
The episode was strange overall but the second half really grabbed my attention.
The premise of Kiznaiver system is interesting but the idea of world peace is quite absurd.
Maybe they'll have something more interesting.
The MC seems fine, and the characters are unique so it will be great to watch them interact.
Apr 9, 2016 10:10 AM

Sep 2010
Okay so we have 7 characters that have random connection to seven deadly sins who now share pain.

... OK. AND??

Truly this episode doesn't tell much about what is going to happen in the series later on.

So what else is there to look at in first episode. Some characters are good, some are bad, some have a god complex. Still, props for that guy who made the "ASS-STRIKE". On the other hand though, I hate this kind of MC. I don't care whatever he doesn't feel physical pain, but the complete airhead MC always irritate me.

My biggest question about this series thought is... what were they smoking when they were making some of those scenes. Like the where MC is transported on hospital bed, surrounded by some strange creatures, with disco-lights flashing everywhere around.
Apr 9, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2014
I have no idea what to think of this. It's definitely as odd as you'd expect from Trigger, but even for them this is really bizarre. Also, with Sonozaki talking about the Seven Deadly Sins and all, why is there only six of them sharing the pain, and why did she only mention six of the Sins. Given that she showed no signs of pain or gaining the mark, it can be assumed that she isn't one of the Seven, especially given that she seems to be the one behind this (or at least a figurehead of whoever's actually behind this).

Not sure about the OP and ED yet, but the OP definitely sounds really familiar for some reason.
Apr 9, 2016 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
This was really good, probably the best first ep so far this season.
Hyped.
Apr 9, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
YOOOOOOOOOO that opening though. That's the best anime opening of Spring 2016, hands down

This is gonna compete for AOTS with Re Zero.

Trigger is back boyzzzzzzzzzzzzz
DoctorWasabiApr 9, 2016 10:22 AM
Apr 9, 2016 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
The art and the music is good. The story seems intriguing, though having seen episode 0 it really hasn't shown anything new from that show.

I get the feeling that this show is going to be more psychological than action-based. Seems like one of those shows where we take the seven weirdest combination of character traits and see what each of them will do if they're suddenly forced into this little experiment.

All through the episode I had two questions cross my mind though.... first off, if Agata was pushed off the stairs, then shouldn't those other six have something happen to their necks? I'll assume that it was because the system hadn't been implemented on him yet, that they didn't have to "share".
Second question was hypothetical..... since they don't have them... what happens to the girls if someone injures one of the guys privates? And to put that further, what would happen to the group of them if one of the guys and one of the girls decided to bang? Would EVERYONE in the group be "feelin' it"?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 9, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2010
a new non-short anime by TRIGGER? fuck yeah im watching it. ep1 was solid and i love the premise already. characters are to my liking aswell.
Apr 9, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
really good episode i thought, female characters were better than the male ones except for sonozaki. sonozaki rubs me in all the wrong ways and needs to die.
Apr 9, 2016 10:24 AM

Oct 2011
I really feel like the episode should have been 40 minutes. The concept and symbols were pretty interesting but I felt like it was missing that one thing to really grab me. Hopefully we will learn more next episode.
"Everyone dies nya"
Apr 9, 2016 10:25 AM
Sep 2014
Meh, I don't like it.

I'll get the names wrong since I already forget about them while watching it 6 mins ago.

The whole futuristic and pointless absurd stuff like bridges with a long metal useless thing on top of it is dumb.

The art and animation are really spot on though.

The OP reminds me of Zankyou No Terror, trippy and like someone representing the feeling of a drug (As in someone who THINKS what a drug would be like, not what it actually feels like.

Sona-whatever the blue haired girls name is who directed the surgery for same pain was pretty much a cliché, someone who is supposedly the gatherer for all of the members of a group, knows knowledge about it, and doesn't explain HOW they could "save" the world, like, do they get new abilities or something? magic? what the fuck. Yes, I know this is the FIRST episode, but they could at least told them how in the first episode.

We have the retarded cliché girl who thinks she can be all cutesy and dumb and then there becomes a huge batch of people who love her even though being cliché as fuck like the other 50+ of the same characters that act like her (Ninyoma I think is her name)

Then the red head guy(Tenga I think) is also a big cliché im sure everyone realizies, think's he's tough against everyone.
I'm pretty much 10000% sure he will say stuff like "HEUUUH?" and tilt his head a little bit with his hands in his pockets leaning over to one side, we've all seen this before with characters, and I have to say, it's pretty much boring to see it happen everytime.

The art and music make up for a lot of this though. If it doesn't go like how I think it will be, it's an auto-drop for me.

Re: Zero and Koutetsujou No Kabaneri are so MUCH better than this.

Re: Zero is actually pretty cool, the main character knows almost all the clichés, which makes it not really that boring, and the main protagonist can do stuff like tell the assassin girl who killed him that he can keep coming back and know all of her moves, surprising her, and seeing him as a huge threat.

Koutetsujou No Kabaneri is awesome, the voice of the main protagonist isn't as fucking cliché as characters like Kirito, etc. It actually sounds like a pre-adult voice instead of child's voice like the main protagonist in Kiznaiver. not to mention the main protagonist in Koutetsujou is actually intelligent and not as fucking wimpy as Eren in AOT.

I think Koutetsujou is more better than AOT tbh, AOT was pretty boring in a lot of parts. Koutetsujou actually shows a much more huge and scarier threat than the Titans.

The Kabane are fast, smart, and actually causes you pain when you get bitten, Titans just wipe you out instantly with not much pain when you die since you're dead, you can't feel the pain.

This is entirely my opinion, you cannot change my mind.
InahoKaizukaApr 9, 2016 10:45 AM
Apr 9, 2016 10:27 AM
Mar 2016
First time I've watched an anime produced by Trigger, so I didn't really have any expectations for this series, though I know that Kill La Kill had a big fan base.

It brought an interesting concept that I've never seen in anime before... though I just started getting into anime late 2014 :P but it was an overall good episode.

Looks like another thing I got to keep up with this season...
Apr 9, 2016 10:28 AM

May 2013
Sonozaki could be the girl from Katsuhiro's memory I guess.

Second best episode of the season after Kabaneri, OP is great and ED shows the very good character design up close.
This will be a very entertaining show^^
Apr 9, 2016 10:30 AM

Oct 2012
I cannot stomach Okada's writing for the life of me which is a damn shame as this looks and sounds very good, plus the concept is intriguing too. Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on this.
Apr 9, 2016 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty interesting start. Not sure what to expect from this show and that's what makes it intriguing.

Sonozaki pushing the MC down the stairs was very unexpected.
Characters seem fairly interesting for now. Hope the show turns out good.
Apr 9, 2016 10:36 AM

Jan 2015
H O L Y S H I T T H I S W A S A W E S O M E

Please 24 episodes
Apr 9, 2016 10:37 AM

Jun 2014
I'm so glad this didn't end up being another joke series like Ninja Slayer.

Anyway, this episode was pretty interesting as we learned about the Kizuna System. I'm liking Tenga a lot, that ass attack was hilarious. I don't really care for the other characters so far, especially the MC, but hopefully that can change as this progresses. This got off to a pretty decent start, so I'm curious to see where it's headed. This looks like it has the potential to have an intriguing story.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 9, 2016 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm...interesting, but will it follow through with decent explanations and plot development? This whole sharing wounds thing seems like a far-fetched idea to me. I have my doubts it will be done well. I hope I am wrong though.
Apr 9, 2016 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
If this get's 22 or 24 episodes, it's official that Spring of 2016 is going to be perfect.

Getting this on Saturdays, and Re Zero on Sundays. Weekend is just <3 !!!!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.