Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was alright, setting took place more in the nature which I guess is suitable as it opens doors to more wonders. I find it amusing that Sakurako always gets the fascination when she finds bones especially decayed bodies..

Glad to see Yuriko remain relevant in this series as well especially regarding her grandmother. The episode had an interesting pacing tbh and the connection Yuriko had with her past.
Stark700Oct 21, 2015 10:14 AM
Oct 21, 2015 10:18 AM

May 2014
Yes, I love the art settings. The episode was good indeed...
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Oct 21, 2015 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
There we have it again... The "Let us solve the mystery" words, animation and gesture.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 21, 2015 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
This was a pretty sweet episode. It's still unfortunate the grandma slipped and died but at least Kougami got some closure.

Nice to know not every episode is going to be a depressing murder case like the previous one.
Oct 21, 2015 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
Damn that smile at the end. 10/10.
Oct 21, 2015 10:44 AM

Jan 2015
Loved this episode-was sad and happy-maybe the best one.

5/5
Oct 21, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
That shine in her eyes in the end of episode gave me a shivers :)
Actually I liked this episode much more then last one.
5/5 btw great art.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 21, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2012
So Shoutaro did indeed remind Sakurako-san of her deceased brother. That was obvious, but getting confirmation was nice. Some beautiful visuals this week. And an accidental death, while tragic in its own right, seems to bring some comfort compared to the alternative of suicide. My mom took care of her mom and later uncle near the ends of their lives for a longtime. Caretaking requires immense strength indeed.
Oct 21, 2015 10:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So we don't know if she died by accident or by someone pushing her? I'd really like to know.

Calm episode, i think i liked the first two episodes better though.
Oct 21, 2015 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
Not the best episode out of the three in my opinion, but it wrapped it up pretty well in the end. I was skeptical of how this would go on and end after a few minutes into the episode as the atmosphere overall was pretty light despite all the things that occurred, and it still ended up as a not very dark episode. From the first three episodes I can only deduct that this is going to follow a episodic formula, and going by that three-episode rule I'd like to continue this series for sure, however I think The Perfect Insider has the edge ahead which in contrary to Sakurako-san, uses its environment very well. A good OP song which I've gotten used to and a strange ED which I still have to get adjusted to. 3/5, an OK episode for me.
Oct 21, 2015 11:04 AM
Feb 2015
Okay, so the show is beginning to take the obvious route that everyone pretty much guessed in the previous discussions.

1. The "Let us solve the mystery." cutscene once again felt out of place, was shortened, and is likely to be ditched at some point later on.

2. Yuriko got her closure after being practically ignored at the end of the second episode, which is likely because she will now not be as involved in the series.

3. The whole "dead sibling" connection turned out to be true, but was straightforwardly explained, thus ending the possibility of future development off that. "Shounen" was cut off after asking about Soutauro, but at a different point in the episode, Sakurako clearly says "I have a dead little brother." You can also see a frame of her as a child which is the girl in the hat from the OP.

4. The whole vibe of the episode felt generally pretty innocent compared to the previous ones, but I personally saw this coming from the minute I saw the animation style. The art style is clearly comparible to any other slice-of-life, one-plot-per-episode anime that was made with the intention to sell to the masses. The original manga art style obviously does not appeal to the mainstream, so for them to change the art style to something so modern, obviously hinted (well, at least to me), that the anime clearly will not be as dark or intricate as the manga.

I mean, c'mon. That scene with Yuriko running up the hill.. I honestly felt a little betrayed at how "slice-of-life innocent" that scene felt. I almost forgot I was watching an anime with the word CORPSE in the title.
Oct 21, 2015 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
suburbanflower said:
I almost forgot I was watching an anime with the word CORPSE in the title.

I can closely relate to what you just said.
Oct 21, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2015
It was a nice episode but again, Sakurako only puts forward his hypothesis.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 21, 2015 11:19 AM

Feb 2015

Heartwarming episode. I was expecting that the grandma was murdered but I'm glad it ended on a positive note.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2015 11:27 AM

May 2015
Mascera said:
There we have it again... The "Let us solve the mystery" words, animation and gesture.

this really annoys me

great visuals and a cute girl
Oct 21, 2015 11:31 AM
Jun 2015
Out of the first three episodes, this one was probably the weakest in terms of content, but to me it's definitely the best-looking. TROYCA really flexed their color palette with that last scene. Damn, those shots looked gorgeous.
okqoiwfklweOct 21, 2015 3:46 PM
Oct 21, 2015 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
Ok episode, entertaining, but not really that great...
However, I have to admit that it was nice to see her finding out the reason her grandma might have been there....
Oct 21, 2015 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
This 2nd episode was the best one for me so far. This one was okay. The only thing I really annoys me with this show is, that little scene in her head, when she's about to examine the body -_-
Oct 21, 2015 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

I'm pretty sure the grandma was murdered.
Oct 21, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
I want to like this, I really do, but this show is honestly starting to really piss me off now. The whole thing just seems so lazy, not least in the way exposition is dealt out and the way the cases are dealt with without the audience having any way of figuring it out. That "let's solve the mystery" thing is really annoying as well, and the quicker they ditch it the better. And how convenient is it that they find bones seemingly every time they go anywhere? Again, it's just laziness for the sake of convenience, and it's just bad writing as well. At least make it seem like the bones don't just magically appear cos the plot needs them to. Speaking of convenience, how convenient is it that the corpse they found this time belonged to Shoutarou's other female friend of all people?

This show seems like it's going to be so much wasted potential unless it does something to change this formula and become more interesting in some way.
Oct 21, 2015 11:39 AM

Apr 2010
A nice episode.
Tho i wonder how to police came to the conclusion of suicide.
And that location an accident seems more obvious to me, not to mention her age.

Still that detective seems to have something with suicide.
Oct 21, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
great visuals again, bittersweet episode
Oct 21, 2015 11:53 AM

Feb 2015
Still find it strange they find so many body's. I've never found one but they find 3 in the course of a few weeks.

It was a less intense episode this week but still enjoyable if a little predictable.

Please drop the bone parade power up moment though, it cheapens the series.
Oct 21, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
The number of coincidences in this anime bothers me so much...
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
Oct 21, 2015 12:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really sad what happened to the grandmother but finding out the truth about it turned out to be really sweet and it made me smile

Really chill episode this week, I like it
Oct 21, 2015 12:31 PM

Sep 2010
I had a feeling Ishida Akira, who voices Prince Izana from Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, was Shoutarou's homeroom (?) teacher.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 21, 2015 12:50 PM

Oct 2015
Very good episode that made me remember that we always think the best of people no longer with us.
I like it to stay Soutaro slope, rather than either revealed or never talk about it .
Again we see how the police looking for a quick and easy solution rather than analyzing all possibilities. And so we go in the world ...
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Oct 21, 2015 12:56 PM

Jun 2015
ItalodeM said:
The number of coincidences in this anime bothers me so much...

Yeah, me too. The amount of contrivances is pretty high.
Oct 21, 2015 1:05 PM

Jun 2014
Oh, I didnt pick up on the difference in "Soutarou" and "Shoutarou" last week. I was reading it the same.
Oct 21, 2015 1:09 PM
Aug 2012
The vic was a female, didn't see that coming >_>
Oct 21, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2010
Disappointment of the year, after Owari no Seraph.
I can not take 10-minute episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 21, 2015 1:50 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That "Let us solve the mystery" is getting annoying.
Beside that, it was nice.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 21, 2015 1:59 PM

Feb 2015
Usually people will run or call a police if they find a corpse, but this girl was excited about it. i think ,i must have get used to it.

This is a nice story, And..
We have an advise from her that
Tears isn't good for health
Sunrise can make you cheer up

Mascera said:
YizelTroOct 21, 2015 2:03 PM
Oct 21, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
A total feel good episode. Nice change of pace from the brooding story in the last episode. Got a bit more insight into Sakurako's past, albeit very brief. Still digging the bones out of this series.
Oct 21, 2015 2:10 PM

Sep 2013
Smudy said:
So we don't know if she died by accident or by someone pushing her? I'd really like to know.

Calm episode, i think i liked the first two episodes better though.

It is pretty self explanatory after what sakurako said. She must of gotten too close to the edge and accidentally fell off the cliff.

Yes, this episode was rather... dull; boring. The girl was really annoying too. I like the first 2 episodes too.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 21, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
Pretty cool episode, but I didn't like it as much as the previous episode. Still a solid episode. I'm glad the other girl finally got some screentime.

And man, the backgrounds in this anime look so fucking good.
Samu-tanOct 21, 2015 2:20 PM
Oct 21, 2015 2:19 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Okay episode, not as interesting as the last two. Do we always have to see those multi-colored bone animals every episode XD

3/5
Oct 21, 2015 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
Way WAY too much drama for a character we just met. Didn't feel much impact from this episode. Having medical knowledge also dampens the explanations since they're rather embellished.

The 2 MCs are still interesting and fun to watch. I hope they go more into their pasts which is likely to happen considering the mystery behind Sakurako's brother.

Show needs more /ss/ too. Beginning segment wasn't enough ;)
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 21, 2015 2:41 PM

Sep 2013
Aye, such a calming and heartfelt episode :'(

Yuriko is such a good person <3

This anime also has alot of nice backgrounds :O

Aversa said:

Tho i wonder how to police came to the conclusion of suicide.

You could see the moment Sakurako said she fell down the officer was pissed.
He just wanted to write it off as suicide and be done with it.
So the moral of the story:

F*CK THE POLICE!!!
Oct 21, 2015 2:49 PM

Apr 2012
phantom19 said:
Way WAY too much drama for a character we just met.

It's probably going to be like that for the rest of the series since the show has a very episodic formula. Characters will come and go.

Oct 21, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
Meh. It was decent but ultimately felt short of both interesting me and making me care about what was happening. I'm kind of disappointed, to be honest. I hope this gets better soon.
Oct 21, 2015 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
I like the way they presented a new case but the death/method wasn't gruesome. A happy ending is a good ending I guess. I'm pretty sure we will see more of Yuriko later on though. Her henshin scene was rushed though :( I like seeing the whole scene/dialogue even if it rinse repeats every week with new background ost.
Oct 21, 2015 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
So we got quite a violent episode, followed by a very tranquil one. Loving the variation and the pacing, regarding relations as well.

On the one hand we got confirmation of Sakurako's brother issues, on the other hand she was very open and easy about, and at least one person sees Sakuraku and Shoutarou as a possible romantic couple, despite the age difference. The latter is particularly interesting, as for an innocent highschooler like Kougami that option must have seemed even stranger. Finally, we can more or less safely say by now that Shoutarou has some non-platonic interest in Sakurako at least.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 21, 2015 3:33 PM

May 2015
A bit weaker than previous episodes, but still great. Touching episode, especially that beautiful last moment. Loved it. The visuals still never cease to amaze me.

Oct 21, 2015 3:35 PM

Jun 2015
Accidental deaths are the most common.
Read Toriko!
Oct 21, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode. Dealing with suicide is hard but everything was rather peaceful in the end.
I really liked the mood. And the thing they did with the picture was great.

Have to say that Yuriko is somehow simple but really kind person. She went through a lot in the past year and I wonder what her future interaction with main pair would be.
Have she just gained new friends?
Oct 21, 2015 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
Loved how the hiking couple decided to excuse themselves during her sermon on the circle of life.
Oct 21, 2015 4:03 PM

May 2015
This was quite a good episode but it was quite slow paced. This episode's main plot could have been finished in about half the time they gave it. Additionally, they're trying to force too much drama, especially in this case when there was an accidental death. As someone else pointed out in the thread, the plot of this story works on a lot of coincidences.

Finding a death an episode kinda stretches the suspension of disbelief, and Sakurako is still displaying some Sue traits. I wish they'd stop doing that CGI thing, it looks stupid. Also, around the 19-20 minute mark when the painting is on screen, I didn't know Sakurako liked League cause those pings...

Still best episode of the series so far, no police being incompetent and no useless kid suddenly revealing his powers out of nowhere at just the right time.

I would like Yuriko to join up with them investigating. It would keep team dynamics fresh and stop Sakurako from picking on "Shounen" as much as she does, but if they're going to turn her into another errand boy for Sakurako I would rather she didn't.
Oct 21, 2015 4:20 PM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This is why you shouldn't go into the woods at night.
Oct 21, 2015 5:07 PM

Mar 2015
Some nice visuals. Nothing different, simply the occasional melancholic episode but still enjoyable.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.