Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aoharu x Machine Gun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2015 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, color me surprised. Another episode that imo is actually impressive from the follow-up previously. The battle in the forest between the teams was at least thrilling and intimidating in a way too.

I'm starting to like this series more than expected now.

Survival instincts~
Aug 20, 2015 1:11 PM
Jan 2010
Okay episode. First half was a bit slow for me. Nice new song also.

Fujimon's an M I guess. And Midori's a big S. Seeing Matsuoka vs Midori animated....that was cruel. He better have some deeeeeeeep past for me to forgive that level of sadist. Although, I don't think he's the anti-hero type.

So we have four episodes left. I'm guessing it's going to be one of those "go read the manga endings."
Aug 21, 2015 4:58 PM

Apr 2014
green hair is a m***erf**er

Aug 21, 2015 10:43 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was the most intense episode yet.........Midori truly is a freaking monster O_O

Seeing Tachibana go apeshit like was badass in itself but man I felt so bad for her in the end along with the other guys TwT

Dunno where things will go from here considering that they'll probably have to wait a year until the next tourney and Midori managed to not only destroy them physically and psychologically but they went on to win for the 5th consecutive time
Aug 21, 2015 10:54 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Both Masamune and Yukimura got pathetically manhandled by Midori. That's what they get for being weak-willed and hasty. The whole scene was pretty hilarious though!

Hotaru bloodlust strikes yet once again at the right moment. Too bad, it didn't do much for her this time around. Well, if it wasn't for Midori throwing her off by the gender reveal, she damn sure would've condemned the hell out of them them with her "superior" sense of justice.

Kanae revamping Hotaru with her Jinsei Soudan should make for a better episode if it doesn't become too cheesy.

Aug 21, 2015 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
Masamune and Yukimura both got owned so badly by Midori.

Midori is really such a monster.

Hotaru was really so badass. Midori knew her gender.
Aug 21, 2015 11:09 PM

Jan 2008
Sad that they didn't win but definitely more ideal that they would lose. Would be pretty bland if they made Hotaru win as a complete beginner against something of Midori's caliber.

Though I really did want to see Hotaru finally tell them that hes actually a she but I guess that'll have to wait.
Aug 21, 2015 11:32 PM

Jun 2014
The bloodlust thing wasn't a surprise but I'm kind of glad Tachibana didn't all of a sudden gain the upper hand and win because of it. That would have been pretty dumb, considering the fact that she's a complete beginner.

I felt uncomfortable watching Masamune practically get gun-raped by Midori. But hey, dramatic effect, right? And Fujimon is definitely a complete M, he's creeping me out. Also not surprised that Midori knew Tachibana's gender. That was pretty obvious.

Let's see where the series goes from here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 21, 2015 11:48 PM

Nov 2014
As a team, they should act like a team. I only hope that after this episode, Toy Gun Gun has learned their lesson.

The fact that Midori knew Hotaru was a girl did not come as a surprise. It was pretty obvious he figured it out when they first met.

I didn't start this episode expecting Toy Gun Gun to win -- it would be a bit unreasonable, considering their competitors were some big-shot four-time champions, but I was still slightly disappointed. That fight between Hotaru and Midori would've had me on my toes if I had been standing.

All in all, I did enjoy the episode.
Aug 21, 2015 11:52 PM

Aug 2014
Gayest episode so far - obvious 5/5.
Aug 22, 2015 1:05 AM

Mar 2008
Midori is such a pussy. If he didn't use dirty tactics, him & his little sniper whore would have gotten beat down by Tachibana.
Aug 22, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2014
This episode hurt my soul.
That fight was amazing though.

5/5

Back to school next week
Aug 22, 2015 1:26 AM
Dec 2013
Amazing ep.. but damn.. And hhopefully Yuuki, Mattsun, and especially Hotaru achieve new levels and maybe even abilities!! Oh and Hotaru needs to tell them shes a girl, and hopefully they don't get to mad with her lying about that (don't think its a problem anyways).
Aug 22, 2015 1:42 AM

Apr 2011
What a sadist Midori is this episode, that's why I love him. Hotaru had her moment and thankfully she didn't beat the antagonist this early, it would been ridicules.

I'my enjoying the gender being slowly reveal, hopefully soon.
Aug 22, 2015 2:04 AM

Apr 2011
MMattsunN
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Aug 22, 2015 2:34 AM

Feb 2014
First TCG and they were paired with the strongest team. So far we haven't seen the team won a satisfying game once.
Aug 22, 2015 2:45 AM

Jan 2015
I thought somehow they'd win ... 4 ep left and then be champ but it seems they lost what will the rest of the 4 eps adapt hmm interesting indeed ...
Aug 22, 2015 2:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
God I'm laughing when watching this... like can you PLEASE stop going into melee combat every single time? You know guns can actually shoot right? You're not supposed to use them as clubs. Otherwise you wouldn't even need them to begin with, geez >.>

That aside, I wonder why the hell they don't have any cameras monitoring the games from the camp? At least for the tournament organizers to watch? How else would they be able to monitor the whole thing? There's no way anyone should be able to cheat like that unnoticed. Plus match fixing would be easy as fuck in that case

Well at least they lost and thank god for that. I don't know if I could've handled another victory by 'bloodlust' :s
Aug 22, 2015 3:28 AM
Mar 2013
i am not disappointed in Hotaru, she practically won against him. Midorima just had the backup sniper thats all. I think is already time to tell them the truth about her being a girl, like seriously that's her only weak spot
Aug 22, 2015 3:50 AM

Apr 2015
I really hope there aren't people like Midorima in real life... i really thought that when Hotaru went all Bloodlust I really thought that they would really have a chance of winning but that end snipe and blackmail. This was a intense episode.
Aug 22, 2015 4:24 AM

Jul 2011
Jackie_Ninja said:
I really hope there aren't people like Midorima in real life... i really thought that when Hotaru went all Bloodlust I really thought that they would really have a chance of winning but that end snipe and blackmail. This was a intense episode.

there's way more than you think, they are called sadists, and a good 8/10 times they are either evil or scum(or both).

anyway good episode, actually realistic fights for once(well apart from the start that is).
Aug 22, 2015 4:36 AM

Feb 2015

Brilliant follow-up after last week. Midori was quite the sadist, shooting both Yukimura and Matsuoka while they were down.
Real bullets or no, that's gotta hurt, man. Not to mention, the damage to their pride and self-esteem.

Hotaru in her bloodlust mode was awesome as usual. Honestly, I'm glad a beginner like her lost against those two pros. It made the story more realistic. And not surprised with Midori knowing she's a girl. He's a doctor and if anyone would have noticed, it would have been him. Though Midori saying it at that moment felt like cheating. Taking Hotaru down would have been harder for both of them if she didn't freeze up in shock at his revelation.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2015 5:01 AM

Dec 2012
I knew they wouldn't win and I'm glad they didn't, it would be disappointing to see them win when one of them, at least, is a beginner. And if they win this story would be a bit short. So this was quite predictable.
I guess they're going to train this year or something.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it.
Aug 22, 2015 5:36 AM
Jul 2014
Two things:

1) That sniper girl should join the military asap, being able to shoot Tachibana in the head in the middle of a downpour with a toy pellet. She's a sniping prodigy. Or it was bullshit. Either one.

2) It really bothered me how Midori referred to Tachibana as a "he" in his own thoughts all the way up to when he told her he knew she was a girl. It's almost as if he was masking his own thoughts for the benefit of the audience inside his head before the big reveal at the right moment.

Otherwise, it was cool. I was really expecting a different conclusion, I don't understand why it started raining heavily if it didn't actually play any part in the game at all. I thought it would've screwed with the sniper at least.
Aug 22, 2015 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
the dude is walking around like he's playing lol but sriously he's a sadistic bastard
Aug 22, 2015 6:57 AM

Sep 2012
InstantNoodles96 said:
So we have four episodes left. I'm guessing it's going to be one of those "go read the manga endings."

The manga is pretty far behind actually. Unless there's a VN or LN for this, it's probably original material. Well, I guess it could be from the mangaka's future plans for the manga or the translations could just be really, really behind.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 22, 2015 7:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
vanella96 said:
InstantNoodles96 said:

The manga is pretty far behind actually. Unless there's a VN or LN for this, it's probably original material. Well, I guess it could be from the mangaka's future plans for the manga or the translations could just be really, really behind.
What, seriously? The manga is at volume seven already... how can they have covered that much content already? o.o

Or is it all just original content or what?
Aug 22, 2015 7:03 AM

Feb 2014
It just a game dude, why are you so serious.
Good episode, it was pretty amazing.
Aug 22, 2015 7:07 AM
Mar 2010
Surprisingly good episode after a torrent of awful ones...
Can we expect another TGC with 4 episodes left?
Aug 22, 2015 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
HaXXspetten said:
vanella96 said:

What, seriously? The manga is at volume seven already... how can they have covered that much content already? o.o

Ah, so my guess that the translations are just really behind was right. I just looked into it. You're right. It's on volume 7. But from what I've seen, translations are only at chapter 3.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 22, 2015 7:19 AM

Aug 2010
Damn! Masamune got REKT so hard. I can see why he's traumatized by Midori O_o
Midori too OP and such a Sadist!

Berserking Tachibana was BA! Ofc she'd lose tho, it would've been BS if she won alone.

I wonder when they'll have their revenge match if this was supposed to be the most important tournament?
Aug 22, 2015 7:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
vanella96 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Ah, so my guess that the translations are just really behind was right. I just looked into it. You're right. It's on volume 7. But from what I've seen, translations are only at chapter 3.
Always just check Mangaupdates if you're wondering about stuff like that:
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=69615

But yes it's just the translations that are behind
Aug 22, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
Nooooooo, i wanted to see a victory from Tachibana's team!!! This episode felt like 5min, i fell in love with this series
Aug 22, 2015 7:47 AM

Jan 2013
this shit needs more then 12 eps OMG THAT TENSION WAS SO REAL WOWWOWOW
Aug 22, 2015 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
Tachibana's bloodlust - the most epic, the most badass moment in this ep, oh my god <333

YAHHH I HELLA HATE MIDORI, I JUST WISHED YUKI TO STAB HIM WITH THAT KNIFE AND PULL OUT HIS LARYNX. HE'S THE WORST. SADISTIC BASTARD.
UGH I'M DONE, BYE, END OF STORY, C-I-A-O
Aug 22, 2015 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
what's up with the 1/2 out of 5? :/
Aug 22, 2015 11:09 AM

May 2012
I'm enjoying the anime...but like hell I can enjoy any of this forced drama. Like seriously, holy hell. I'd be able to deal with their weird seriousness while playing and unreal athletic ability, but the drama is so damn cringeworthy.

But anyway, that must've hurt when Matsuoka was getting shot by the deagle.

Aug 22, 2015 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
Holy Fuck!!! That Hit my heart!!!!
I feel sorry for people who are expecting an Ouran HSHC vibe to this when they reach this episode =D
Aug 22, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
Olem said:
I'm enjoying the anime...but like hell I can enjoy any of this forced drama. Like seriously, holy hell. I'd be able to deal with their weird seriousness while playing and unreal athletic ability, but the drama is so damn cringeworthy.

But anyway, that must've hurt when Matsuoka was getting shot by the deagle.

forced drama felt like part of the comedy as in satire to the drama genre , but dunno this ep drama felt pretty real
Aug 22, 2015 1:02 PM

Mar 2015
Tachibana's team lost. But damn, all that drama though.
Aug 22, 2015 1:08 PM
Aug 2015
Watch my youtube review / reaction video lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP04RfOjNF4
Aug 22, 2015 1:38 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The drama in a toy gun tournament. It's just hilarious, i can't take it serious. Couldn't feel a thing.
Aug 22, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty intense episode this week. Loved Hotaru in that rampage mode. Next week looks great Pink haired girl is looking intense in the preview!
Aug 22, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
MIDORI YOUR PSYCHOPATH BASTARD
In the end crying </ 3
Aug 22, 2015 4:19 PM

May 2015
Midori's nasty, what a fucking scum. Also, holy shit at that Tachibana beast-mode. Nice episode overall, and also decent new ED theme song.

Aug 22, 2015 6:44 PM

Dec 2014
that was the best episode yet, i actually felt the intensity this episode. midori is an ass
Aug 22, 2015 7:16 PM

Dec 2014
wow o_o
Midori, you're in the top 10 of my list about the most sadist mf I've ever seen. lol
I kind of like him tho. I guess this is the so-called "character's charisma".
Aug 22, 2015 8:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The drama was a little bit too much after a moment.
But hey, its still a pretty good episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 22, 2015 8:11 PM

Jun 2012
That was lame and corny.
Aug 22, 2015 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
Midori's sadism is funny as hell tbh.

"You enjoy watching Mattsun hurt?"

"Yep."

I love it lmao.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

188 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 26, 2023 9:44 PM

» Dresses like a boy???

Shizuma1234 - Mar 3, 2022

4 by Twins26 »»
May 20, 2022 5:42 AM

» There's no way this is a "shounen" oriented anime

JokerxHisoka - Jul 5, 2015

28 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:21 PM

» Stop talking in the 3rd person

semianonymous - Sep 6, 2015

17 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:14 PM

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2015

218 by HagePotPotato »»
Oct 21, 2020 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.