Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 22, 2015 11:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This felt nostalgic for an episode.

In the series finale, we get some final moments between Seisa and Eruna. However, I would say that Eruna shows much more maturity as opposed when she first met her. The battle between Eruna and that other art girl also seemed like fun.

Overall underwhelming show though. The comedy aspects of it were probably the better parts. And finally, Seisa shows some genuine smile..
Stark700Jun 22, 2015 12:43 PM
Jun 22, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
Well, that was something. Felt like the concern between the three girls was resolved quite oddly. And Eruna receives a dream/vision that her ancestor might have known Seisa's (and Shigure's) in the past, which only really explains a tiny bit of what was foreshadowed in the early episodes. She not only matured, but she had also grown a lot stronger since the start. Seems like the anime was nothing but a whole fiasco in technical terms, but it was pretty enjoyful at times. 6/10
Jun 22, 2015 5:10 PM

Sep 2013
Where??!! Where are you watching it guys? I want to see it now! >.<
Jun 22, 2015 7:52 PM

Mar 2009
It feels kind of rushed and forced. I don't know, maybe it's just me e_e

Anyway, I'll miss them.
Jun 22, 2015 9:04 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm, that was the ending? It felt empty but well.
It had quite enjoyable moments. 6/10
Jun 22, 2015 10:33 PM

Jul 2014
I'm very disappointed with that ending. 5/10.

Jun 23, 2015 3:43 AM

Jul 2010
Episodes were kinda rushed, this was also. At least, I saw Seisa's smile :)
Eruna vs. Seisa looked terribly bad adapted.
Enjoyable series, but plot and animation go nowhere.
6/10
Jun 23, 2015 2:29 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Good to see Seisa's smile during the battle and during the credits roll. While the battle for the finals was intense, the animation during the fight was....meh. (Same goes for the other battles from previous episodes..) Eruna lost the match but Seisa joins after all.

The still frames during the credits roll were really nice. :) But......that's it? It felt odd that the series ended abruptly like this. Well I'm going to miss their gang since they're a very lively and friendly bunch. This anime was still fun, though. 7/10 and that's the highest score I could give for this series.
Jun 23, 2015 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. We get to see Seisa's smile.

Eruna vs Seisa was okay!

Seisa has joined Eruna's club.
Jun 23, 2015 2:32 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Disclosing the history of Mikagura Gakuen at this late felt quite pointless, and even that was awry. How did Shigure know Seisa would falter at some point, which was the main reason he suggested Eruna to attend Mikagura? Did he just assume that because that's how it was in the past? If so, that was totally a dumb concept.

Kuzuryu abduction farce was quite cringeworthy. Some people might find his blush cute, but that is all. Well even if they fought, Eruna would've won anyways.

Seisa starting to act all energetic felt really offbeat. She was keeping up her cold shoulder attitude even when Eruna was trying to convince her, so the sudden change in mood seemed like it came out of nowhere.

The final battle was a complete failure in every aspect. Aside the sloppy animation and choreography, not sure how Seisa didn't win even after she regained her power. They made Killing Art looks like an average ability, which in reality is OP as hell.

Lackluster finale to end another weak show of the season. Vocaloid song series probably aren't fit for a one cour adaptation to begin with.

Second Eyecatch
VindstotJun 23, 2015 2:38 PM

Jun 23, 2015 2:32 PM

Jan 2012
And so Eruna manages to bring Seisa into her club, returning her lost happiness and willingness to make friends. I found myself enjoying the first couple of episodes of this much more than I was expecting. I was instantly charmed by Eruna's happy go lucky, yuri obsessed, enthusiastic personality. Plus the energetic fights and bright flashy colors were a treat. I began to lose interest when Seisa kicked Eruna out of the Going Home Club. While the entire point of the arc, and story, Seisa's wet blanket personality was too much of a buzzkill for me. Things picked up when Otone arrived, but I never really regained that early enthusiasm. I wish Seisa woulda turned around a bit earlier, maybe given us an episode or two of her as she was over the still image montage over the end credits. I still think Eruna was the best thing about this, but I'll only give it 6/10.
Jun 23, 2015 2:43 PM

Aug 2014
So Otone was completely pointless. They should have cut her out and focused more on the history of the academy earlier and actually showed some of the fights. Although they probably wouldn't have been interesting with this lazy animation. This show was enjoyable at times, but very underwhelming.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jun 23, 2015 2:43 PM
Sep 2014
I expected nothing from this series but I'm still disappointed by that ending. 5/10 overall, could have been way worse.
Jun 23, 2015 2:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Damn, that was a weak finale lol

I almost considered going to 5/10, but imma stay at a 6/10. The battle was ridiculous overblown.
Jun 23, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
New opening at the last episode

I thought the fight between Seisa and Eruna was pretty cool

Jun 23, 2015 3:05 PM

May 2014
Well I don't really know what to say about this final ...
Overall I really enjoyed this show : it has action, comedy, school, supernatural and yuri feels!

Let's talk about those "yuri feels" :
I was really expecting more interaction between Seisa and Eruna from the show.
Beside that last awesome/naruto-ish/wtf/beautiful fights, they didn't really interact with each other on the last eps (if it's not during the all show).
That simple ending of them part of the same club with a friendship feeling made me feel sad ... I mean I was expecting something more yuri-ish.

This all show feels rushed ! And it's really bad because it could have become something awesome : the humor is here, the story is unusual, ost is great, the characters are appealing and cute, ...

Overall I will give it a 8/10 cause I'm biased over Eruna and Seisa
But 6/10 for the last ep
Jun 23, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2012
Omg the low budget is strong!
Anyways, the episode felt forced and just out of it, Seisa was super depressed for most of the show then out of nowhere she returned to her normal self as in back before she got betrayed by her senpai 'normal self', they definitely forced her character like that at the end that way she would fight Eruna and of course, join her club in the end.
And yeah, that battle was over the top, it definitely felt like it was done just to bring the shows closure on a high and "epic" note.
Then they suddenly decide to tell us the history or whatever of the battles at the last minute, they pulled that one out of nowhere when it should've been explained earlier; and of course, Seisa and Eruna's ancestors were related.

This show had a lot of potential at first but it became pretty bland and uneventful as the time went by, I was expecting more when I first went into the show. I mostly managed to endure the series thanks to Eruna's personality but otherwise there wasn't really anything else about the series that was worth it after some time. Due to me being entertained most of the time (which again, is thanks to Eruna) I'll give this show a 6/10.
Jun 23, 2015 3:11 PM

Mar 2013
This last episode felt a little bit like they forgot they were supposed to be making a last episode and had to quickly make it in the last 2 weeks after half the animation staff had already embarked on a summer break.
Jun 23, 2015 3:18 PM

Feb 2009
7/10, it wasn't always great art and scenes, but the characters sure were a lot of fun!

Jun 23, 2015 3:19 PM

Dec 2014
Felt extremely rushed. New developments were happening every 5 minutes as opposed to the rest of the episodes which were slightly more focused. A 13th episode might have been a bit better for pacing.

Overall I enjoyed this show a lot. 7/10
Jun 23, 2015 3:20 PM

Nov 2009
Meh

5/10 for the series as a whole.
Jun 23, 2015 4:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay finale but as a whole, this series ended up being not as good as the person who recommended it to me made it out to be

So I'll give this a 6/10 only because I still managed to enjoy most of the episodes
Jun 23, 2015 4:08 PM

Feb 2013
I guess they ran out of budget

it was a 17 minute final episode after all.
Jun 23, 2015 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
Eh, well the show was pretty amusing in its own right. Lots of fun and wtf moments made for an enjoyable enough experience. Wasn't really too content with this final episode though. What happened at the end was fine with Seisa joining, but the process of how she joined just felt too irregular.
Jun 23, 2015 5:10 PM

Dec 2014
It was pretty decent, and even though i cringed at some of those fight scenes. It was overall somewhat enjoyable.
Jun 23, 2015 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
This anime was good and I enjoyed it. All the characters were great and I like all of them. I didn't real the light novels so I feel like they skip a few things, but over all I like it. 8 out of 10.
Jun 23, 2015 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
finally it's over
Jun 23, 2015 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
I really don't know what happened with the show. I liked Eruna's unique character but that was about it. They barely touched on most of the supernatural stuff let alone the fact that they are in school and when they do the execution could of been better and this is just coming from the guy who only has the original PVs to reference. The fight scenes were good but they had a lot of quality drops. Execution with the story is just my biggest problem just like how Mekaku City Actors was adapted. I enjoyed some parts of the anime it just that no scenes comes to my mind right now.

Maybe something was wrong with my torrent but this frame "froze" a bit too long like there was a sequence key frame drop or something. (look at me trying to talk like I know what I'm saying haha)
Jun 23, 2015 6:28 PM

Jul 2010
Throwing in all the importance in at the last episode, it was short but I liked the moment when Eruna's ancestor's blessing was fully recognized.

Those acting skills, seeing Kyouma doing it made it quite enjoyable.

A fight and ending with a tie and Seisa joining with a smile.

This definitely had some moments, 7/10. If the animation were actually good, the fights would be much more enjoyable. At least they are still flashy in a way.
Jun 23, 2015 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
An underwhelming final episode. I liked Eruna and her interactions with the other characters but the fights and drama always felt so out of place.
Jun 23, 2015 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
The most underrated show of the season.
Jun 23, 2015 7:41 PM

Dec 2008
ThreePointer said:

Maybe something was wrong with my torrent but this frame "froze" a bit too long like there was a sequence key frame drop or something. (look at me trying to talk like I know what I'm saying haha)

It wasn't frozen. The background was moving. I think the point was to convey she was going at incredibly high speeds that you don't actually see her move. But in reality, it's because they ran out of $$$.
---
I was expecting a better ending than that. Overall, the series was very fun and I loved Eruna, Seisa & Otone. Particularly the first two. Could relate to Eruna. Absolutely loved how she was openly perverted. I didn't like how the lack of budget was too obvious though. Some scenes were very sloppy and incredibly rushed. But honestly, I can't say it deterred me from enjoying the anime. It was fun. Though there was no couple (which is unfortunate because I shipped EruSa so hard) the yuri feels were still there. That alone made it fun to watch.
I'll give it an 8/10, because honestly, though I felt the sloppiness of the animation and lack of budget, I didn't care much for it. It was a very enjoyable anime imo.
I do however wish Seisa had more scenes and in general just more interactions with Eruna. But then again, I also hoped it'd have yuri romance ;-; Oh well.

Tsubakine said:

Overall I will give it a 8/10 cause I'm biased over Eruna and Seisa

I like you.
Jun 23, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2012
8/10

I'm partly biased due to already being a fan of the songs and this just felt like a very happy and relaxing adaptation.

I still would have loved to hear a lot of the songs in the anime though...

Izayoi Seeing and Hanafubuki Reflect ;-; We did get Esoragoto Spiral so I'm good with that though

Jun 23, 2015 9:05 PM

Dec 2013
true art.

no budget = comically bad animation.

everything else was just as terrible.

6/10

wow, Eruna can really stretch.

also this bullshit.

ThreePointer said:

Jun 23, 2015 9:06 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good ending to a great show!
Defenitally wasnt the greatest show but i really enjoyed it from beginning to end and i just fell in love with Otone and Eruna!
Final score...... 9/10 :)
Jun 23, 2015 9:10 PM

Mar 2008
Needed more Eruna x all the girls yuri. Not bad, but not good either. 6/10 seems appropriate.
Jun 23, 2015 11:01 PM

Nov 2012
lmao this final fight was so over the top. 6/10 from me, didn't really care that much for the fights or the plot, but the interactions of eruna and the others were fun to watch.
Jun 23, 2015 11:05 PM

Nov 2013
i was expecting more, but it was good overall
eruna vs seisa was nice
Jun 23, 2015 11:12 PM

Aug 2014
Really Really Really weak final episode, especially the ending! It concluded pretty much Nothing! All I got a the end was: THAT'S IT?

Awwww I want to see more human Bimii though!
The only part I actually like is the part when Kuzuryuu got abducted! So unnatural and Kuzuryuu's reaction was soooo cute! xD

Either way, it's still enjoyable though. Most of the art quality was disappointing, and the action scenes also poorly animated. This could actually be good if handled by other well-known/high budgets studios.. The season 2 probably never...
(6/10) overall for the enjoyment, and +1 for Eruna being amusing MC in a while. Also, love lots of side characters in this! (Tonkyun, Kuzuryuu, etc)
Jun 23, 2015 11:14 PM

Jul 2012
Eruna x Seisa girls was fun but the cast as a whole was poorly developed and everything else - especially the comedy - was very mediocre. Didn't really care for the fights either.
Ga_LaxyJun 24, 2015 12:06 AM
Jun 23, 2015 11:53 PM

Mar 2009
Ehhhh. This was overall a very disappointing series. I may have liked it more if Eruna and Seisa or Eruna and Otone got together, but nothing really came of that. Sure, Seisa joined her club, but it's disappointing that there were no couples in the end.
Doesn't help that I was never really into the whole school battle thing. It mostly bored me.

Oh, well. At least Eruna was a lot of fun from beginning to end.
Jun 24, 2015 2:36 AM
Mar 2011
Such uttelyr nonsensical anime...I dont even know why I watched it.
Jun 24, 2015 4:28 AM

Jul 2014
This episode, much like this show, was all kinds of bullshit. Terrible animation, lots of random bullshit out of nowhere (ancestor spirit, really?) and lots of ignoring the actual logic of the series itself. Super seed? What a fucking joke. To top it off, Seisa suddenly became a completely different character just because the plot called for it.

Fucking terrible show. That's 6 hours or so of my life that I'm never getting back.

5/10. And that's being generous.
Jun 24, 2015 4:39 AM

Dec 2011
And thus the most overpowered club in the history of the universe was formed.

Great fun series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 24, 2015 4:42 AM
Feb 2011
boring af series, solid 2/10
Jun 24, 2015 6:05 AM

Apr 2010
I really liked this anime, it's a shame it's already over i would have liked to see more.
The ending was nice and it seems their club was formed but i doubt any other club will stand a chance against them.
Seeing the members.
Jun 24, 2015 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
Overall, the series is not much that has shone and it was not even a thing of beauty if we refer to the drawings and animations, the only thing I enjoyed is the protagonist Eruna and the humor that was evident times throughout the series TV. The rest I was disappointed and believe that the studio Doga Kobo should choose the best productions to be addressed; I hope that next anime done by them both at completely different levels
Jun 24, 2015 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
This anime was definitely one of the lamest/average show this season.
But it's just fine for me. So I'll be giving this (anime) a 6 out of 10 overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 24, 2015 11:59 AM
Jun 2013
If the school fell apart because of Seisa losing her powers what happened yo
it before she came to the school?
Also how/why did killing art return? They didn't explain a lot in this...

They had fun with the ending. I didn't really have high hopes for this finale tbh. What exactly was the plot of this anime? I guess for Eruna to get a club and impress Seisa...well she kinda did that in the end so I have no real issue with this last episode.
It ended with her having a club, fighting Seisa, getting her to join the club, and finally picking a name for it...so...it was a pretty good finale imo lol
I liked this show. It was far from perfect but I had a good time watching it. The bit in between the introduction and finale could have been better but it is what it is.

6.9/10
Jun 24, 2015 1:44 PM
Feb 2015
animeguy17 said:
If the school fell apart because of Seisa losing her powers what happened yo
it before she came to the school?
Also how/why did killing art return? They didn't explain a lot in this...

They had fun with the ending. I didn't really have high hopes for this finale tbh. What exactly was the plot of this anime? I guess for Eruna to get a club and impress Seisa...well she kinda did that in the end so I have no real issue with this last episode.
It ended with her having a club, fighting Seisa, getting her to join the club, and finally picking a name for it...so...it was a pretty good finale imo lol
I liked this show. It was far from perfect but I had a good time watching it. The bit in between the introduction and finale could have been better but it is what it is.

6.9/10

the school was destroyed in the fight with her senpai some years ago, and she fixed it up.

what really bothers me in the final fight, how the gems just randomly pop, without showing it, every gem pop before was shown, but seisa went from 3 to 1 in offscreen, also eruna lost one offscreen too.

i would like a second season, i mean that were the MIDterm battles...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Bimii , ryui=yuri

Foreall908 - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Foreall908 »»
Nov 27, 2022 1:56 AM

» Is this yuri or just baity?

Say-My-Name - Nov 26, 2022

5 by iLatrell_ »»
Nov 26, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2015

41 by Serafos »»
Apr 12, 2022 8:07 AM

Poll: » Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2015

33 by Serafos »»
Apr 12, 2022 7:16 AM

Poll: » Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2015

37 by Serafos »»
Apr 12, 2022 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.