Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 31, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The reunion! Lol, that was priceless although kinda what I had expected. I like how confident Etoile has become over these years. Kinda felt bad for him though since his friends were killed. I also think that book he handed over to Arslan will be useful in the future.

Good buildup overall with the Emperor and character building. Narsus is also such a badass. Same with Silvermask. His brief fight with Daryun is definitely worth watching.

May 31, 2015 2:57 AM

Apr 2014
Convert to Yaldabaoth eh. Good to see Etoile at least and they'll probably be glad to have that book in the future.
May 31, 2015 3:38 AM

Aug 2013
Stark700 said:

His Zuko costume is pretty good, but the scar is on the wrong side.
May 31, 2015 3:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The fanaticism of the Lusitanians knows no bounds. Only the most extreme and ignorant of societies burns books and culture like that.

We're close to catching up to the manga.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 31, 2015 4:01 AM

Oct 2014
I hope that king disappears ASAP. He just a bad character.Typical fat bad kibg blablabla.

Otherwise, enjoyed the episode :)
May 31, 2015 4:05 AM

Aug 2013
Arslan and Etoile meeting again. I was waiting for this moment.
This anime never fail to disappoint me.
May 31, 2015 4:24 AM

Aug 2010
Woah! Silver Mask is stronger than Daryun? Even when Daryun was pissed from finding out he's the killer of Vahriz :O
From what Daryun told Narsus, he would've been in trouble had he not come to help. Didn't expect that one.

Silver Mask's face looks pretty different from what I imagined. He looks pretty cool. He looks like a young Bradley for some reason :P

Lol'd at Narsus's reason for getting pissed XD Being called an inept painter XD

Didn't expect Arslan to meet Etoile that quickly too. I wonder how Etoile's reaction will be after finding out that's Arslan.

For some reason I'm liking the Lustania king lol XD The archpriest however needs to DIE ASAP!! What a loser burning all that knowledge <_<
May 31, 2015 4:45 AM
Jan 2013
Ah, never gets tired of "insulting somebody who is actually in front of you" joke~

Daryun's and Narsus's swordmanship is shown further, i'm impressed...
May 31, 2015 4:51 AM

Feb 2014
Oh religion how i hate it burning knowledge. All men arel equal but if you don't follow our god we will kill you
May 31, 2015 4:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Arslan and Etoile's ate full reunion went a pot better than I thought it would =o Glad to see that there was no hostility between them because Etoile is starting to grow on me and is in fact a nice kid who's just misguided by that warped religion

I lol'd at how the Lustanian King can't even get Tahamenay to give him the time of day xD At this rate I doubt that she's going to marry him and that priest surely won't have it either (That cunt needs to die painfully) whom in himself is a complete dumbass for doing what he did

Daryun vs Silver Mask was epic and worth the hype but dang, I did not expect to see that he had the upper hand....I guess one could argue that Daryun didn't have his true weapon on him but you can't take anything away from Mask since he was holding his own when Narsus came for the double team

Overall good episode and Gieves you aren't worthy to court Falangies bro....Please stahp >.<
May 31, 2015 4:59 AM
Apr 2014
There's a fog magician that's charging up his power? we're getting closer to fire balls and laser beams with each episode.
Lustanians doing some ISIS shit at the beginning of the episode
Arslan is so clumsy.
The mistreating of the slaves will probably be the downfall of the Lustanians.
May 31, 2015 5:06 AM

Apr 2014
That lord arch-bishop guy (Bodin?) looks like a maniac. Arslan is still trying to make friends with people his own age.:/
---------My Profile------------
May 31, 2015 5:27 AM

Jan 2011
StevenHu said:
Stark700 said:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/3FMpWsf.jpg[/ img]

I was hoping I'd get the first Zuko joke in.
May 31, 2015 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
I like Farangis and Gieve banter so much.
Another good episode.
May 31, 2015 6:43 AM

Dec 2013
Zuko vs Daryun + Narsus was awesome!

Didn't expect Arslan to reunite with Etoile so soon. I'm expecting that Arslan will be studying that book.
May 31, 2015 7:05 AM

Mar 2013
Thus, the first novel has ended. Alfreed is finally going to appear soon.
Fight between Slivermarsk and Daryun and Narsus was good.
Still, a lot of derpy faces. It's not that bad to start botherng me yet, but I hope that at least it won't become worse. Anyway, it was a pretty good adaptation of "The Capital Ablaze" (there was a few changes here and there, though), now it's time for "The Two Princes", which isn't translated yet.
May 31, 2015 7:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Daryun vs. Silvermask was amazing! :o
Also Arslan and Etoile see each other again (Etoile still doesn't know that he is Arslan)

Much derping though in this episode lol
May 31, 2015 7:28 AM
Feb 2015
Really enjoyed the Daryun & Narsus scenes this episode. Daryun vs. Silver Mask was incredible with good animation. Arslan reuniting with Etoile was interesting, looking forward to see how that plays out. Overall great episode!
May 31, 2015 7:34 AM

Aug 2014
I hope they take out that bastard bodin.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 31, 2015 7:40 AM
Feb 2015
black1blade said:
I hope they take out that bastard bodin.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS HAPPENS!

I haven't hated a character so much for a while. Every time he gets screen time I get so angry... щ(ಠ益ಠщ)
May 31, 2015 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
good episode.

and lusitanians are super religious fanatics.
May 31, 2015 8:50 AM

Sep 2014
Is Etoile a woman? D:
The text above may contain errors.
May 31, 2015 9:09 AM

Nov 2013
So besides wearing a mask Hermes has his own agenda, is a fallen prince, is related to one of the main characters and is impossibly badass for someone so young.

That's it. He is officially a Char Clone.
May 31, 2015 9:26 AM

Mar 2013
JGChaves said:
So besides wearing a mask Hermes has his own agenda, is a fallen prince, is related to one of the main characters and is impossibly badass for someone so young.

That's it. He is officially a Char Clone.
To be honest, mask is the only thing that might make him a Char clone. He is based on a real person - Xiao Baoyin.
Although he had Char's VA in the previous adaptation.
AntonKutovoiMay 31, 2015 9:30 AM
May 31, 2015 9:48 AM

Nov 2014
Best episode so far. The battle among the great swordsmen was great. I like Narsus more than Daryun for his personality
May 31, 2015 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
That fight was GOOD :O
But Daryun didn't have his preferred weapon, so he would have lost eventually.

Mroujeee said:
Oh religion how i hate it burning knowledge. All men arel equal but if you don't follow our god we will kill you

If you think all religion is like that, then your even more retarded than that bastard bodin.
May 31, 2015 11:36 AM

Feb 2011
ichii_1 said:
That fight was GOOD :O
But Daryun didn't have his preferred weapon, so he would have lost eventually.

Mroujeee said:

If you think all religion is like that, then your even more retarded than that bastard bodin.

If you think that use of 'retarded' is acceptable then I think you need to look inside yourself and start questioning.
眠れないのは君のせい
May 31, 2015 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
I want to know more about Tahaminay's "beauty".
We got to see again how manipulative and oppressive the Faith of Yaldabaoth is. Étoile doesn't even think outside the box, he's so narrow-minded that he doesn't want to accept other views.
The mask is down! I want to know who he is, maybe he is a relative of Andragoras or something like that.

May 31, 2015 12:01 PM

Jun 2014
I have a feeling the book Etoile gave Arslan will be important at some point. Gieve's interactions with Falangies are always so funny haha. And that fight between Daryun and Narsus vs. Silver Mask was pretty good, despite how short it was. I'm sure we'll get an explanation eventually about how Silver Mask got that burn mark. And let's not forget Daryun's face when Narsus complained about Silver Mask insulting him........priceless lol.

Not sure if it's just me but it still sounds like Yuki Kaji is trying too hard to force his voice to sound menacing as Silver Mask. Maybe because he's so used to voicing teenage characters. He's still doing a good job, but I feel like Daisuke Ono's voice would be a better fit
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 31, 2015 12:04 PM

Aug 2014
The sword fight was actually really long if we are going be realistic standards.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 31, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2015
Oh the hypocrisy of Yaldabaoth.

Silver Mask vs. Daryun was beautiful. Clearly one of the better animes of this season, if not the best.

Lichtspiel said:
The mask is down! I want to know who he is, maybe he is a relative of Andragoras or something like that.
May 31, 2015 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode. I hate seeing religious fanaticism and burning of texts with historical and cultural value, but it fit the show and gave it a sense of realism, especially with what is happening even nowadays.
Arslan and Etoile's reunion was also nicely done, so was the fight scene. And Narsus was awesome as always.
May 31, 2015 12:46 PM

Apr 2014
Arslan finally meet Etoile.
Lusitania say that what Pars do is not correct, but the way they burn, kill, looting, and taking others daughter is just inhuman or even worst.
Also the way Lusitania push their religion onto other is inhuman and just because they don't believe in the same thing as you, you kill them off.
This is off topic but the way Lusitania push their belief on other is just like Christian (Don't get me wrong, but it is the true).
Hopefully, Arslan and his men kill all those Lusitania.
May 31, 2015 12:48 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
In a way, Innocentis VII and Gieve are facing the same struggle, trying to court the woman of their interest but failing all the same. The latter is preferably a bit more comical.

Bodin pisses me off big time! I hope this son of a bitch dies a painful death. Better make it happen, Narsus.

Etoile appears to have been blinded by the hypocritical religion of Yaldabaoth. Otherwise, he was rather gentle for the most part, considering he's a Lusitanian commander now.

Narsus was so badass; owning two men at once! Those sword movements of his were swift as F!
Silver Mask vs. Daryun was pretty awesome too, although Hermes seemed to have the upper hand, even when facing two opponents. The upcoming battles against him would be epic!

Decent episode. From the PV, Lord Master of Kashan Fortress sounds kinda shady.. O.o

May 31, 2015 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Arslan and Etoile meeting again.

Silver Mask is stronger than Daryun.
May 31, 2015 1:36 PM

Jan 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Woah! Silver Mask is stronger than Daryun? Even when Daryun was pissed from finding out he's the killer of Vahriz :O

I wouldn't say he's stronger - more like he emotionally manipulated Daryun to make him lose his cool and succeeded. Luckily, Narsus was there. This kick below the belt that Silvermask used is only good once, so next time we will see a much more even battle between him and Daryun.

Tokoya said:

Overall good episode and Gieves you aren't worthy to court Falangies bro....Please stahp >.<

Persistence pays off when courting women...keep trying Gieve, my man :)

Overall a nice episode with some intense fight scenes. I only hated the parts with the fat king trying to woo the queen - really, how can one be so dumb and still be king.
May 31, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2014
Really good episode, and I loved the fight, though brief, between Daryun and Silvermask.

I really want to know where they're gonna take the story of that Lustanian kid.

Also, I really hope I'm not the only one who likes the animation of this show.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 31, 2015 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
the fuck why burn those texts what the hell man
May 31, 2015 2:53 PM

Sep 2014
Solid episode as usual. The reunion was cool. Kinda pitiful to see his mind has been corrupted by those extreme beliefs.
May 31, 2015 4:19 PM

Jul 2009
What a great fight!
LOL Narsus mad coz he was called unable painter.
May 31, 2015 4:43 PM

Jun 2014
Well Arslan is definitely one of the best anime series this season. And this episode is a prime example of it. The art, the battles. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.
May 31, 2015 5:54 PM

Mar 2015
Another well done episode, as well as the last fight scene - it was impressive.
May 31, 2015 6:19 PM

Jun 2013
Epic episode, silver mask guy is a bad ass, but I'm actually glad that Daryun did not over power him.

The reunion left a nasty taste, don't read the book Arslan!!!

The king of Lusitania, god his voice is so annoying.

Also seeing them burning the text, destroying both history and a culture, made me think of Qin Shi Huang during the Qin dynasty.
May 31, 2015 6:22 PM

May 2010
The king does not look happy...

Inb4hegoesmad.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 31, 2015 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
Good episode. I'm liking Arslan's wanting to help others even though he's incapable sometimes. And he and Étoile meet again on a more awkward note than expected. The battle with Silvermask vs. Daryun and Narsus was nice.
May 31, 2015 6:50 PM

Jul 2014
So it would seem Prince Zuko has made his way onto Arslan Senki lol
May 31, 2015 7:03 PM

Apr 2014
StevenHu said:
Stark700 said:

"THE SCAR'S NOT ON THE WRONG SIDE!!!"
Sorry, I had to.
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
May 31, 2015 7:04 PM

Dec 2010
I just noticed it this episode but what the fuck is happening to the art? D: Seems like they're quite tight on the budget.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
Corwen said:
I just noticed it this episode but what the fuck is happening to the art? D: Seems like they're quite tight on the budget.

That's all from the first half, tho.
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
May 31, 2015 7:42 PM

Dec 2010
OneTrueAce said:
Corwen said:

That's all from the first half, tho.

I know, the art in the 2v1 between Hermes and Daryun and Narsus was nice but the lighting was too dark for me. I at least think that they should keep the art consistent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

121 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 16, 3:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.