Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 14, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, Silvermask is PISSED. I mean, I can't blame him. Getting his injured and having face scarred...

It's good to know that the series gives us some background about him and his Father tbh. I think his younger self was kinder though until shit happened.

Good action this week. Nice to see Daryun does what he do best and that's kicking ass.
Jun 14, 2015 3:14 AM

Nov 2014
Glad to see Arslan and Gieve bonding, they needed this development
Elam is blushing XD

Nice seeing Daryun hesitating to kill an unhorsed man, I thought first he hesitated because the guy was Kharlan's son.
Jun 14, 2015 3:46 AM

Oct 2013
Lots of development this episode. Good stuff
Jun 14, 2015 4:00 AM

Aug 2013
With this episode, Xandes showed that he can travel across the land as fast as Littlefinger.

The "religious" fanatics are ridiculous at this point in the show. Such absurd actions from them make for poor one-sided antagonists as we can already see in the short-run. If only what they "preached" held more weight for us viewers. After all, they are the driving force that jumpstarted everything in this show. For their more than villainous intentions to shine through so thinly veiled is unfortunate for a rather political story. One method of improvement would been for followers of the religion to be shown having greater individuality instead of acting in accordance of an evil hive-mind for the most parts, thus being far more convincing.
Jun 14, 2015 4:16 AM

Jan 2012
Really feels weird to hear young Silvermask... don't think the voice suits him...
And really at first it was fine but feels weirder and weirder to hear the adult voice too... why did Kaji Yuuki do this role...
Jun 14, 2015 4:18 AM

Jan 2015
Elam you have the same VA as Kaneki so we must never abandon you!!! Shows' been on point lately, really interested with the "true king".
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 14, 2015 4:20 AM

Mar 2013
Exellent episode. Although I want more. I didn't even notice that it has ended.
Jun 14, 2015 4:22 AM

Dec 2013
Alright episode. Silver mask made for a cute kid. Too bad he people tried to kill him :(

Action was pretty meh. But it was interesting to see Daryun having a softer side.

Also nice to learn about why Arslan is what he is. Curious to find out why he got sent outside for so long.

Happy to see that guy at the start survived. I really liked him. Wonder which way he and his loyalty will go.
Jun 14, 2015 4:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great stuff in the second half. Arslan saved Elam which impressed Gieve so much that he threw his gold to save them. Wow, i didn't expect this development so early on.

Silvermask was a good kid back then.
Jun 14, 2015 4:36 AM

Aug 2010
Cool development for Gieve here. He now has respect for Arslan as a person ^^
Loved his reaction to Arslan apologizing about the money XD And when he looked at Elam after saying Arslan will make a good king :P Elam on the way to become a tsundere :3

Xandes seems pretty strong. I wonder how long it will take for everyone to reunite and where the hell is Narsus now?

Glad to see Sam alive. I liked the dude.
Jun 14, 2015 4:49 AM

Jul 2014
StevenHu said:
With this episode, Xandes showed that he can travel across the land as fast as Littlefinger.

The "religious" fanatics are ridiculous at this point in the show. Such absurd actions from them make for poor one-sided antagonists as we can already see in the short-run. If only what they "preached" held more weight for us viewers. After all, they are the driving force that jumpstarted everything in this show. For their more than villainous intentions to shine through so thinly veiled is unfortunate for a rather political story. One method of improvement would been for followers of the religion to be shown having greater individuality instead of acting in accordance of an evil hive-mind for the most parts, thus being far more convincing.

I bet he read his book "How to get from Winterfell to King's Landing in less than one episode"

Yep, you're right about those fanatic dudes. I mean, they started showing us Eto who preached "we're all equal" and stuff. And now, they're just a bunch of idiots who just kill heathens because we need someone who's evil.
Jun 14, 2015 4:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It's much more enticing to watch the show now that it's overtaken the manga and I don't know what's coming. Arslan wanting to be friends wasn't much of a surprise, but seeing the cynical Gieve throw away his gold in order to save them was moving stuff. Arslan's group might be small, but it will be fiercely loyal to him.

G_Spark233 said:

Also nice to learn about why Arslan is what he is. Curious to find out why he got sent outside for so long.

For me this settles what I've been thinking for a while now. I'll put in spoilers cause it's just a theory
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 14, 2015 5:36 AM
Sep 2014
Farabeuf said:
For me this settles what I've been thinking for a while now. I'll put in spoilers cause it's just a theory

The queen doesn't care about him either, though.

Jun 14, 2015 5:39 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting that Arslan didn't live in the palace when he was younger.
Jun 14, 2015 5:40 AM

Apr 2013
Farabeuf said:
It's much more enticing to watch the show now that it's overtaken the manga and I don't know what's coming. Arslan wanting to be friends wasn't much of a surprise, but seeing the cynical Gieve throw away his gold in order to save them was moving stuff. Arslan's group might be small, but it will be fiercely loyal to him.

G_Spark233 said:

more theory time

gonna be interesting when we actually find out
Jun 14, 2015 5:46 AM

Dec 2010
Excellent development in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2015 6:12 AM

Mar 2013
StevenHu said:

What worth noting is that the time passes, but we simply don't see it. For example, events from episodes 1-9 lasted 3 months.
Jun 14, 2015 6:58 AM
Apr 2014
Xandes is so lame, just get out with your Guts sword
The fatass king is still there
Silver Mask has such a shitty maid
Arslan the friendly naive prince.
What an honorable sacrifice, Gieve.
Jun 14, 2015 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
It looks like Gieve has finally opened his eyes to the prince.. Quite an interesting episode as we saw Arslan save Elam. I must say, i too feel intrigued to see how Arslan will change the way of living and what kind of kingdom he will rule.

To see Xandes lift that tree stump with such heavy sword... that caught me off guard
Such strength ( °д° )
Jun 14, 2015 7:10 AM

Jul 2010
Would Sam join in on the fight for the "true" reign of the Pars? It is interesting how it can turn into a 3-sided battle with each having its own justification and followers.

Xandes was quite the fighter to pull up a stump along his greatsword.

Glad to see Gieve having new-found respect for Arslan. Can't wait till they get to Peshawar, I just get this smile seeing actual Pars soldiers fighting for their side.
Jun 14, 2015 7:15 AM

Apr 2011
I'm starting to like Gieve wholeheartedly. I already like him since his debut, but I had doubts about him. After watching this episode, my doubts about him vanished.

And Elam blushing...Me approves LOL~!

Jun 14, 2015 8:02 AM
Nov 2014
StevenHu said:

*cough* Etoile *cough*
Jun 14, 2015 8:19 AM

Dec 2013
xSanox said:
Farabeuf said:

more theory time

Do you guys really want to find out? Or are you just having fun with your speculations. Considering that they're following the plot of the novels, the actual answer is out there to be found.... Or told, if you're seriously asking for it.... ;)

But I digress for now.....

This episode was alright in terms of development. Xandes coming out of the blocks to avenge his father was expected. I kinda like these developments where the son has to come out to avenge his fallen father. I had a feeling that Daryun didn't kill him because he felt actual empathy for him (being in a similar position and all that). Arslan continues to display his naivety, and had it not been for Geives' quick thinking and understanding of the common man, him and Elam would have already been dead. His actions are commendable, given his upbringing, as revealed this episode, but as one in his position, he lacks awareness of his own importance. Perhaps it was due to his lack of acknowledgment from the King and Queen, we'll never know.

Glad that they showed the flashback of Hermes and the previous king. Speculators now have some information to go by for their theories. Also glad they showed the fire, but I want to actually see how Hermes escaped his burning room. It also seems like Sam knew Hermes back when they were kids, hence knowing of Herme's claim to the throne.

S'funny though, since....

But again, I digress....

By the way, Falangies and Daryun could probably take on an army of 1000 just by themselves.

Looking forward to seeing how much of this story they actually adapt.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 14, 2015 8:28 AM

Oct 2014
There seem to be a lot of things about Arslan's past, why does his mother seem to dislike him and so on. Very enjoyable episode, finally some development for Grieve who has acted like comic relief until now :) also some sweet moments for Elam who has been so serious! he's such a tsundere lol xd
Jun 14, 2015 8:32 AM

Aug 2014
Best anime of the season imo.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 14, 2015 8:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really fun episode with great development for Gieve, Elam and Arslan and I love seeing Daryun and Falangies team up together

The flashback with Silver Mask was quite something as well and the priest was annoying as usual but I like that they introduced some sort of Templars into the story (I wonder if there will be an Assassins Order as well lol)

Kharlan's son impressed the fuck out of me too tbh so I can't wait to see more of him

But on a side note, even though I feel like nobody is worthy of her, I kinda would like to see Falangies end up with Daryun lol.....Does any novel reader know about any romance progression with her?
Jun 14, 2015 8:51 AM

Mar 2014
Gieve is officially my fav character in the series now.
Jun 14, 2015 8:51 AM

Apr 2015
Backstory for Silver Mask is basically summed up for a short part. If it's like that, then I really wonder if he has such a role in the story of this plot-wise (unless it's added more later on). And Arslan and Elam further extend their trusts in each other. Xandes seems ambiguous to me, though. Nice episode of development.
Jun 14, 2015 8:54 AM

Mar 2014
Sonnetica said:
Backstory for Silver Mask is basically summed up for a short part. If it's like that, then I really wonder if he has such a role in the story of this plot-wise (unless it's added more later on).
Definitely. We need to find out how he came into contact with Lusitania and how Kharlan acquainted with him.
Jun 14, 2015 8:55 AM

Dec 2013
black1blade said:

Absolutely.

It's nothing groundbreaking but it's very solid in every aspect, plus my personal preferences for adventure fantasies and even in a persian setting make this show way above all else that is airing right now or has aired in Winter.
Jun 14, 2015 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
robis798 said:
black1blade said:

Absolutely.

It's nothing groundbreaking but it's very solid in every aspect, plus my personal preferences for adventure fantasies and even in a persian setting make this show way above all else that is airing right now or has aired in Winter.

I saw some people saying Owari no Seraph was the best anime of the season and I was like WTF! Arslan Senki shouldnt even be compared to trash, attack of titans wannabes such as Owari no Seraph
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 14, 2015 9:26 AM
May 2015
abyss333 said:
robis798 said:

Absolutely.

I saw some people saying Owari no Seraph was the best anime of the season and I was like WTF! Arslan Senki shouldnt even be compared to trash, attack of titans wannabes such as Owari no Seraph

Well Owari isn't trash as you say and certainly not the best anime this season BUT Arslan is definitely on a higher pedestal than OnS
Jun 14, 2015 9:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
abyss333 said:
robis798 said:

Absolutely.

It's nothing like Titan tho.....But yes Arslan is indeed better
Jun 14, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2014
SovereignSky said:
abyss333 said:

Well Owari isn't trash as you say and certainly not the best anime this season BUT Arslan is definitely on a higher pedestal than OnS

I've dropped OnS. Too little animation for my tastes. Arslan is the best classic fantasy anime I have ever seen so far and I love it!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 14, 2015 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
I Love Arslan's crew :D Sad for horse :(

And that Sword is massive !
Jun 14, 2015 10:19 AM
Jun 2014
Tokoya said:
Really fun episode with great development for Gieve, Elam and Arslan and I love seeing Daryun and Falangies team up together

The flashback with Silver Mask was quite something as well and the priest was annoying as usual but I like that they introduced some sort of Templars into the story (I wonder if there will be an Assassins Order as well lol)

Kharlan's son impressed the fuck out of me too tbh so I can't wait to see more of him

But on a side note, even though I feel like nobody is worthy of her, I kinda would like to see Falangies end up with Daryun lol.....Does any novel reader know about any romance progression with her?

Man, I think the same thing, I was waiting for an episode that showed Farangies and Daryun bonding since they introduced Farangies. Just imagine their kids, complete badasses.
Jun 14, 2015 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
Nice to see some backstory for Silver Mask. And Daryun's chivalry got the best of him, refusing to kill someone who has been knocked off of his horse. It was cool to see the group in action, especially Arslan having a few highlight moments. Sucks that Gieve had to give up his money though. I'm sure we'll (hopefully) learn why Arslan spent so much time outside of the palace when he was younger. Overall, a pretty solid episode
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 14, 2015 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
I think the main part of the story is Arslan trying to get a bff.
---------My Profile------------
Jun 14, 2015 11:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kirigaro92 said:
Tokoya said:

Man, I think the same thing, I was waiting for an episode that showed Farangies and Daryun bonding since they introduced Farangies. Just imagine their kids, complete badasses.
I know right....Their kids would be absolute monsters in battle lol
Jun 14, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
StevenHu said:

But the main antagonists aren't the religious fanatics, which is really the only thing that matters to me. The Grand Vizier himself has his own interests in mind and is much more of a realist. Pretty sure in the end, he'll end up with more influence than the archbishop. The same could be said of Hermes though he is driven by revenge.
zzzeallyJun 14, 2015 12:05 PM

Jun 14, 2015 12:19 PM

Nov 2012
"A Knight's Loyalty."

Next episode's title makes it seem like Daryun is going to get killed and with next episode being the halfway point it could be possible (though highly doubt he will get killed).
Jun 14, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2014
So many thing happen in here such as one of the Pars commander is still alive and Kharlan's son goes after Arslan's group.
We learn a bit more about Silver Mask's past in this episode.
The fight for the right to be king is between Silver Mask and Arslan.
This just keep getting better and I love it.
Jun 14, 2015 1:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Once again the musical score was amazing, greatly enhancing the epicness of the episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 14, 2015 1:09 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
xSanox said:
Farabeuf said:

more theory time

Good theories too. I'm looking forward to when we finally get our answer. And to the smug poster above who's read the novels (or at least has all the answers), No Thanks, we'd rather find out by the course of the series and not be spoiled.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 14, 2015 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
We get to see a bit of Silver Mask's past.

Arslan saved Elam from those soldiers.
Jun 14, 2015 2:09 PM

May 2013
Aww, Arslan saves Elam. Do we start shipping? <3
Woah, Gieve sacrificed his gold. I can see him turning for the better now.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 14, 2015 2:58 PM

Mar 2015
I love the way it's progressing so far. Another well done episode.
5/5
Jun 14, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
I kind of laughed when Xandas pulled out that thing he call's a sword and especially when he got it stuck in that treestump and was struggling to pull it out, face red & all that. When he threw it to the ground I was like “Good man, throw that useless piece of shit away.” :P

What made me raise my eyebrow more was when Daryum didn’t kill him when was trying to pull it out, as his opponent was still armed. I guess the show’s explanation would be that he was surprised(or maybe like me, he was secretly amused by the sight). Oh well, I’ll just have to roll with it just like with the jedi sword deflecting skills(or maybe witcher skills would be more adequate) our protagonists have.

Good ep as usual otherwise.
Jun 14, 2015 4:45 PM

May 2010
Yoshiki Tanaka really hates religious folks lol. All of them have been portrayed to be silly lunatics so far.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 14, 2015 4:49 PM

Sep 2013
Confucius said:
Yoshiki Tanaka really hates religious folks lol. All of them have been portrayed to be silly lunatics so far.

Fits many Brazillian religious folks (in this decade, actually, year) pretty well lol.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

121 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 16, 3:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.