Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 24, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I think I kinda like Falangies already for her tough personality.

I was hoping they might of adapted more for Falangies and Narsus' encounter in the forest but it did capture the point so I'm okay with it. I think a main point of this episode is about Kharlan. Definitely glad to see Daryun show up though in time.

Decent action too. Daryun is just damn awesome.

May 24, 2015 2:43 AM

Jun 2014
Damn this episode felt like it was only 5 minutes long. Got some pretty good action, nice to see what Farangis and Gieve can bring to the table. Looking forward to seeing their contributions later. Daryun once again showing how badass he is. Looks like we'll focus more on Silver Mask next week, and from the looks of the preview, we might get a glimpse at his face, can't wait for that
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 24, 2015 2:48 AM

Mar 2012
So the group that we can see from at least the opening has completely gathered for now. And damn, Falangies is quite beautiful~ :O

I enjoyed watching the whole scheme by Narsus put into action. In the end, Kharlan died before anything super notable could be spilled.

Looks like we'll finally see what's up with the Silvermask guy next episode. Neat setup at the end of this episode for that.
May 24, 2015 3:28 AM

Aug 2013
Prince Arslan is far too naïve currently in spite of everything that happened. Hopefully his character evolves to see the bigger picture of war soon.
May 24, 2015 3:41 AM

Apr 2013
greeat episode

and nice to see some actual strategy
May 24, 2015 4:00 AM
Jun 2014
Gieve was trying so hard to get that girl's heart. XD

I predicted that Kharlan would fall to Narsus's trap, and yea it happened. It was kinda easy to predict their next movement. Yet, I still don't know the reason why Kharlan sell out his own country.

Overall, this episode is great. :)
May 24, 2015 4:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ChiLynn said:
Gieve was trying so hard to get that girl's heart. XD

I predicted that Kharlan would fall to Narsus's trap, and yea it happened. It was kinda easy to predict their next movement. Yet, I still don't know the reason why Kharlan sell out his own country.

Overall, this episode is great. :)

Did you watch the last 2 minutes of the show after the ED? Kharlan's reason is right there. As far as he was concerned, he wasn't selling out his country.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2015 4:10 AM

Aug 2014
Good episode- stuff actually happens in this anime!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 24, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2012
Kharlan... what a way to die... to fall on his own weapon
May 24, 2015 4:22 AM

Apr 2014
I cant wait to see Silvermasks' (Hermes) actual face:O
---------My Profile------------
May 24, 2015 4:49 AM
Apr 2014
We have djinn whistles now, what's next fire balls and laser beams?
Kharlan's army doesn't have archers apparently.
Glad he didn't mean that the fatass was the rightful king.
The classic nephew revenge, maybe we will see his face next episode?
Mr internal monlogues Gieve might cause some problems for Arslan's team in the future.
May 24, 2015 5:16 AM

Dec 2013
Wow we're already gonna get to see Hermes face? That was much faster than I expected.

Really liking the amount of plot progression in this anime.

Cool to finally learn what Hermes motives are. I wonder what happened 16 years ago...

Also liked the action and strategy used in this episode. Always love some strategic warfare being used :)
May 24, 2015 5:40 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode I wonder when Arslan will stop being so naive.
May 24, 2015 5:49 AM

Feb 2014
Kharlan falling to Narsus's trap was predictable

Uh Kharlan died by his own weapon bad luck
May 24, 2015 6:03 AM

Jan 2015
At least Kharlan give some "Information" before his last breath.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 24, 2015 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
I like Arslan what so called "naive". It's a good kind of naive and actually shows his ability to be kind even in time of turmoil and that's what I like the most about him, although I agree he could be too "naive" sometimes. He's just different from the typical definition of "ideal" prince or king characters which people seems to hold
May 24, 2015 7:06 AM

Jul 2010
I really want to know why Kharlan and his man betrayed the kingdom, is it because of the revelation of the end, with Kharlan and his company being loyal to the previous king? I mean, it does make sense how the army most likely is only loyal to their commander, but is there not a single one loyal to Andragoras. Would Kharlan silence his own men who won't join him, if not, why hasn't the plan been foiled. If he silenced them, were the disappearances taken as an everyday occurrence?

That was a great battle against Kharlan, that poor sacrifice, with it all being within Narsus's plan. It really was interesting to see 6 people completely beaten numerically coming as the victor by using wits.

Liking Arslan's naiveness too. As Kharlan and his men might actually be fighting for their own honour. If their loyalty lies with the previous king, there was no betrayal to Andragoras when the loyalty didn't even exist. With them being desperate to save themselves a spot to one day rise again to help the "true King" ascend the throne.
May 24, 2015 7:27 AM
Nov 2014
In this, and previous episode, I think they're doing a good job portraying Arslan as a little boy with great potential, but still a little boy.
May 24, 2015 7:28 AM

May 2015
It was no surprise to know that Andragoras was still alive, if you pay attention in the ending song there is a fast snap of him in chains. still though, the whole nephew revenge businesses is a total surprise.

AND NOW WE WAIT
“No one knows what the future holds. That’s why its potential is infinite.”
Okabe Rintarou

"Could you say that again?"
Hashida Itaru
May 24, 2015 7:34 AM

Apr 2015
Farangis and Gieve join the party, Gieve following her more than actually willing to go with them. Kharlan is finally dead, too. Pleasant episode. So Hermes's face will finally be revealed in the next, I guess.
May 24, 2015 8:19 AM
Mar 2014
StevenHu said:
Prince Arslan is far too naïve currently in spite of everything that happened. Hopefully his character evolves to see the bigger picture of war soon.

He's not being naïve, just kind. Arslan worked with Kharlan for years, so he has a lot of respect for him. Violating the country's beliefs shouldn't be grounds for death, which is why he was so torn.

The values of this story aren't as black and white as the majority of the people posting seem to believe. It isn't really a binary state; there's enough corruption for there to be a true morally gray area, and boy, it's a large one. Even the post-ED scene is there to demonstrate that corruption.

Arslan isn't as naïve as he once was. In fact, he grows away from that in every episode. For character development to be this subtle and laid-back is pretty skillful. True, it's not the greatest anime so far, but it does what it needs to do without hesitation.
vegetablespiritMay 25, 2015 7:41 PM
May 24, 2015 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep :D Lol'd so much at Gieve when he told Arslan he's here for the sole purpose of serving him XD And Farngis's face since she knows he's lying lol
I'm sure he'll start to realize Arslan is worthy of serving eventually.

I guess there really might be magic and stuff in this series? Djinn? Cool.

Loved the part when all 6 of them owned all those soldiers! Gieve and Farangis are quite the addition to the team. I'm really impressed by Arslan tbh. He's killing people with no hesitation at all. Not bad.

Lol'd at Narsus saying we have to win against 50k each now. Much easier XD Daryun saying he might manage was O_o OP Plz Nerf XD

Androgoras's crazy laugh at the end was quite something. Why the hell does Arslan even care about his parents safety anyway. None of them give a shit.

Woah they're already reaching Ecbatana nxt and we're already getting Hermes vs Daryuun :O

Still wondering why this ep was Treacherous hero? Kharlan's reasons weren't really dived into
May 24, 2015 8:52 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode, we learn a lot of things ! The action was pretty good and the strategy too. Beautiful fight between Daryun and Kharlan, especially this hit under the coat.
We learned that the king is still alive and the bad guy is his nephew.
This episode was really awesome O.O
May 24, 2015 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
Falangies, I LIKE
but I didn't think that they would gather this quickly
May 24, 2015 9:13 AM

May 2013
It was so interesting to see how a few thousand soldiers just run away from 6 people giving them trouble. So his father is still alive as well as the masked guy is his nephew.
May 24, 2015 10:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
We have the crew! :D

Kharlan dying like that is very unlucky, they must have had a big reason to betray the king like that. Very nice of Arslan to give them a last farewell kind of thing.

Gieve wishes for a good king and i think that he might see more of that in Arslan when the story progresses, right now, he's just following Farangis.
May 24, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2012
Sakaitsu said:

We learned that the king is still alive and the bad guy is his nephew.

The king is the bad guy. He killed his older brother and stole the throne from him.
May 24, 2015 11:24 AM

Mar 2015
Amazing episode. That scenery at the end was simply beautiful.
May 24, 2015 12:23 PM

Apr 2014
Falangies and Gieve finally catch up with Arslan's group.
The fight with Kharlan and his men end so fast.
Kharlan is dead...HELL YES!
I agree with Gieve that Arslan is way too naive.
May 24, 2015 12:37 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Gotta love Gieve for his persistent effort in being smooth with Farangis. Not that it worked in the least anyways. XD

Cool to see Arslan not holding back against those soldiers. I thought he'd be somewhat hesitant to kill them. Good going there!

Kharlan's death was quite anticlimactic; by his own broken spearhead. Not sure why this episode was titled as "The Treacherous Hero" when we didn't get his reasons for betraying Pars. Even if he revealed that Andragoras is alive, that doesn't really justify him as a "hero."

Anyways, decent episode. Hermes vs. Daryun next week should be amazing!

May 24, 2015 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Gieve and Farangis has joined Arslan's team. I really like how six of them owning all those soldiers.

Kharlan got killed by his own broken spearhead.

Andragoras is still alive.
May 24, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode, the anime is greatly outpacing the manga. It'll probably follow into the novel in a few more weeks.
May 24, 2015 2:32 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode as usual.

At this point, I can't help wondering if we're actually going to see Arslan reign as a king or if the story is only about his journey to become one. At first, I thought it wasn't going to take long for him to become a king, but now I'm starting to think that might only happen at the end of the story.
May 24, 2015 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
This series is from my favorites this season. Each time seems like a little torture waiting for the next episode. So Antagora's brother had a kid.
If Antagora's killed his brother for the throne then he probably tried to kill his kid too and maybe that's were the mask guy got the scars or whatever he is hiding behind that mask.
May 24, 2015 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
Really good episode. Arslan handled himself pretty well with the bow, landed a couple of kills without hesitation. I would have slapped Kharlan in the face telling him to spill the beans before dying though
May 24, 2015 3:29 PM

May 2010
I know what's going on now. Basically the masked man is Arslan's cousin.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 24, 2015 4:02 PM

Jul 2011
FlamepriesT said:
Great episode as usual.

At this point, I can't help wondering if we're actually going to see Arslan reign as a king or if the story is only about his journey to become one. At first, I thought it wasn't going to take long for him to become a king, but now I'm starting to think that might only happen at the end of the story.

Yeah, no. They might make him king by the last episode, but the story will be far from finished. 25 episodes is not enough for one of Yoshiki Tanaka's epics, especially since the Arslan Senki novel is still publishing. The ending is going to be dissatisfying.

Beautiful scenery.
May 24, 2015 4:21 PM

Jun 2013
Gieve and Farangis interaction are intersting to watch Daryun is such a badass as always and Kharlan got what a traitor's deserve
May 24, 2015 4:45 PM

Sep 2014
Mirorin said:
FlamepriesT said:
Great episode as usual.

Yeah, no. They might make him king by the last episode, but the story will be far from finished. 25 episodes is not enough for one of Yoshiki Tanaka's epics, especially since the Arslan Senki novel is still publishing. The ending is going to be dissatisfying.

Beautiful scenery.

There's no way for me to know whether they intend to finsh the novel at the same time the anime does. That may not be his goal, but that's been done before and I'm not reading the novel so it's hard to predict that.

They could still announce another season anyway. If not, my bet is the story will still have decent closure even if the novel doesn't end right there.
May 24, 2015 5:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Falangies is perfect <33333

This was a really good episode filled with strategy and tons of action by our badass cast of heroes that we all know and love :''D

RIP Kharlan....You deserved it bitch....And seeing that not only the king is alive but that Silver Mask is his nephew makes things A LOT more interesting....The man is right in saying that he should be on the throne =o

Still I have a feeling that Arslan has a good claim to the throne regardless
May 24, 2015 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode yet.

Man I really love the characters of this show, glad to see the group together.

May 24, 2015 6:13 PM
Nov 2013
Can someone please spoil me why the parents of Arslan are so distant from him?
May 24, 2015 7:53 PM

Jul 2009
Wow I was really hoping for a really good dark reason for why Kharlan betrayed everyone. If he really only did it because he thinks Silver Mask dude should be the rightful king he's horrible. Who cares about the royal family's messed up succession. Think of all your friends/comrades you let die because of your act. And the innocent village you raided. Fuck Kharlan. His reason sucks. King Andoras is an ass but its not like he was some crazy dictator that tortured his people for fun, what has Silver Mask dude done to truly deserve to rule other than be a bitter ex-prince? I'm hoping for a little more background here.

I was thinking the king mistreated him behind the scenes or something. Good Kharlan. Die. Traitorous punk.
May 24, 2015 9:58 PM

Oct 2011
King is alive and so is the Queen

Kharlan dies by his own hands

Faragnis's elegy <3

Gieve what are up too?

SilverMask is the real heir OMG
May 25, 2015 12:09 AM
Nov 2013
YES, this episode was amazing. Love the addition of Farangis and Gieve to Arslan's side.

Man, what a way for Kharlan to die. I don't know how I feel about Arslan showing sadness over him, it shows his naivety. And King Andragoras looked totally insane at the end of the episode.
May 25, 2015 12:30 AM

Oct 2012
I dont know but this show really remind me of suikoden games, which i love..
What a fit death for a traitor....

May 25, 2015 12:41 AM

Apr 2012
cool I thought the guy in the silver mask was just an edgelord, but he is actually the deposed king's nephew. This could make things interesting. There was probably a power struggle that led to the death of his dad?

May 25, 2015 1:51 AM

May 2014
Awesome episode, can't wait for the next.
Gieve is always a teat to watch xD

I liked Elam helping Arslan this time too.

May 25, 2015 2:05 AM

Mar 2013
The dark scenes in this anime are way too dark. This wasn't as bad as Gieve's scene beneath Ecbatana but half the time I really can't tell what's happening. If it weren't for the fact that the story's so far almost exactly the same as the OVAs, I'd feel so lost in a lot of the action scenes. I wouldn't say my computer screen's too dark (I can usually see dark scenes in shows just fine) and I've seen other people complain about it too, so I'm just going to hope this was an unforeseen mistake and that they'll improve the lighting over time.

G_Spark233 said:
Wow we're already gonna get to see Hermes face? That was much faster than I expected.

We saw his face in the equivalent of that after credits scene in the 90s OVAs, so I'd assume that this is probably also where his face was supposed to be revealed originally.
May 25, 2015 3:54 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, this show is really picking up. All the characters are great so far, really good party
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

121 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 16, 3:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.