3It was OK
11.7%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
281 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good action this episode, really loved some of the swordsplay involving Daryun.

This also establishes some of the rivalries in this show between the top commanders/armies. Very nice to see Silvermask this episode on-screen. Kinda interesting seeing Kaji Yuuki playing the character of an antagonist though. But overall, very entertaining episode.

Apr 19, 2015 1:38 AM

Mar 2015
Some action this episode with soundeffects that could be very well used for a Michael Bay movie lol.It looked a bit weird when Arslan's old master rekt those random dudes.But I think an anime with a large cast of characters and a lot of action isn't really easy to animate.
This ep also continues to set up a lot of things for the future,I like the direction how the story seems to progess.
Silvermask finally makes his debut and he looks really different compared to the old anime ;O
I didn't know that he'd be voiced by Kaji Yuuki so I was a bit surprised but I don't really mind. ;D
Overall it continues to be decent(not bad though) but I hope this will change in the following weeks for the better and this episode gave me hopes for it ;P
I can't get enough of that ED :)
3/5
_HeroKenzan_Apr 19, 2015 4:09 AM
Apr 19, 2015 2:46 AM

Aug 2014
Great episode with awesome ending as always

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 19, 2015 2:52 AM

Jun 2014
EDIT: It's confirmed! It's gonna have 25 episodes hurrah!

i guess this show is ok, i really want to know how many episodes it will have :/

my guess is 24 (hopefully)

i'm still far from impressed after seeing akatsuki no yona xD
alpha_shadowApr 19, 2015 5:18 AM
:3
Apr 19, 2015 3:05 AM
Mar 2014
Dang, this is getting pretty interesting. Hopefully it'll stop people from complaining about the slower pacing. (A prologue for character development?! How dare you!)

That said, I wonder how long this adaptation will be. Feels like it'll be two cours as it stands.
vegetablespiritApr 19, 2015 3:11 AM
Apr 19, 2015 3:13 AM
Oct 2013
I'm loving the story. Pacing is a bit slow but I don't mind. For me anime is more about enjoyment. If I enjoy watching it, it's great. I don't really care about how the pacing is.
Apr 19, 2015 3:18 AM

Jul 2010
vodall said:
Dang, this is getting pretty interesting. Hopefully it'll stop people from complaining about the slower pacing. (A prologue for character development?! How dare you!)

That said, I wonder how long this adaptation will be. Feels like it'll be two cours as it stands.

I agree with you. I've enjoyed each episode so far and don't have any problems with the pacing. The anime is doing a good job establishing the setting and fleshing out Arslan's backstory. Based off the BD/DVD release schedule, it seems like there will be 25 episodes. Hopefully there's more in the future because two cours will probably barely scratch the surface.
Apr 19, 2015 3:22 AM

Aug 2014
As long as they leave the story open and the blu rays sell well then this could shape up to be awesome.

Apr 19, 2015 3:33 AM

Jun 2013
black1blade said:
As long as they leave the story open and the blu rays sell well then this could shape up to be awesome.

As it stands it is one of the least preordered of the season, so don't get your hopes up.

But that aside, why do sales matter in regards to how good an anime is? Many great anime have performed poorly in sales, and a lot of generic garbage sells like hot cakes.
Apr 19, 2015 3:34 AM

Mar 2013
Exellent episode. They adapted two chapters.
And I hope that this series will make silent some Yuki Kaji haters.

Anyway, it continues to be the main candidate for anime of the season.
Apr 19, 2015 3:44 AM

Aug 2014
Man oh man this keeps getting better with each episode! I'm a sucker for the whole countries at war and conflict stories so I'm really loving this anime.
Really looking forward to Lord Narsus and what role he will play next episode.
Apr 19, 2015 3:45 AM

Aug 2013
I am loving those deep bass sounds that play during violent scenes.

Is that silver hair I see on Narsus? I see where this might be going.

Overall, this show still leaves much to be desired with its paper-thin themes and characters.
Apr 19, 2015 3:46 AM

Feb 2014
Good episode, felt really short 5/5. Looking forward to next. From all action series this season this seems the most promising. And that OP <3 <3 can't get enough of it.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Apr 19, 2015 3:54 AM

Jun 2014
I am sooo glad, that it isn't like the one from the nineties, because if I remember correctly a lot of things weren't explained in it, and it started right at the battlefield. Happy I decided to give it a shot.
Apr 19, 2015 4:10 AM

Feb 2014
That was really good! 5/5 for the episode
Apr 19, 2015 4:23 AM

May 2009
caramel-latte said:
vodall said:

I agree with you. I've enjoyed each episode so far and don't have any problems with the pacing. The anime is doing a good job establishing the setting and fleshing out Arslan's backstory. Based off the BD/DVD release schedule, it seems like there will be 25 episodes. Hopefully there's more in the future because two cours will probably barely scratch the surface.

Pretty much what I had in mind.
Apr 19, 2015 4:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They're adapting this pretty well so far. I do believe that they'll outpace the manga and instead follow the novels with Arakawa's designs.

I love how good the sound effects are too.

ex_necross said:
black1blade said:

As it stands it is one of the least preordered of the season, so don't get your hopes up.

But that aside, why do sales matter in regards to how good an anime is? Many great anime have performed poorly in sales, and a lot of generic garbage sells like hot cakes.

The lack of young girls will definitely hurt this series with the hardcore otaku audience.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 19, 2015 4:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm interested in the so-called ''antagonists'' here. The Lusitannians don't seem to be bad people persé in my eyes.

RIP Vahriz and possibly Andragoras?
Apr 19, 2015 4:34 AM

Aug 2014
ex_necross said:
black1blade said:

As far as getting more stuff adapted so there is a full adaptation.

Apr 19, 2015 4:35 AM

Jan 2011
StevenHu said:
Is that silver hair I see on Narsus?

It's actually more of a golden colour. The guy may as well be a platinum blonde.
Apr 19, 2015 4:40 AM

Dec 2010
Vahriz got to go out in style! I always approve of cool old guys in anime. The pacing is rather slow, but I like it. It gives more time for build up. I'm really enjoying this show and I hope its two cour, but the fact that it isn't selling well is disappointing.
Apr 19, 2015 4:41 AM

Apr 2011
slovak125 said:
Good episode, felt really short 5/5. Looking forward to next. From all action series this season this seems the most promising. And that OP &lt;3 &lt;3 can't get enough of it.

Same here so loving this anime why do we have to wait until the next week. And yes UVERworld is awesomeness.
Apr 19, 2015 4:42 AM

Aug 2014
Lapis lazuli coming out in 3 days. I am downloading that greatness as soon as it becomes available :3

Apr 19, 2015 4:48 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode, just as the previous one. The pacing is absolutely perfect but it can only work out if it'll be at least 2 cours. With 1 cour they couldn't show much.
Apr 19, 2015 4:59 AM

Jul 2014
Well, about time the king died. I'm surprised that he led an undefeated army.
Daryun is a pretty cool guy.
Arslan's face was drawn weirdly in a few scenes, but overall the art was pretty good.
I will never get tired of this OP. Ever.
Erotic picture of the queen at the end there.
Apr 19, 2015 5:04 AM

Dec 2012
I love this series so far. I'm a sucker for middle age style fantasy settings though.
Apr 19, 2015 5:05 AM

Feb 2014
This episode is awesome! I am glad that I had chosen to watch the anime.
Apr 19, 2015 5:07 AM

May 2014
amazing ep. 5/5. I am interested in Narsus as i have neither read the manga nor seen the OVA. His personality seems very intriguing and he looks great xD
Apr 19, 2015 5:14 AM

May 2008
StevenHu said:
Is that silver hair I see on Narsus? I see where this might be going.
If you're implying that maybe Narsus is Arslan's father, it's highly unlikely, because Narsus is around 25 years old, he's even younger than Daryun.

The episode was great, I liked this more than the first 2 episodes. The pacing was good and finally Silvermask appeard with Yuki Kaji's voice. He's actually not doing so bad, I expected him to act much worse. :)
The animation was pretty inconsistent though. Vahriz's scenes looked rather bad and some facial expressions of Arslan.

I can't wait for the next episode with Narsus' inroduction :D
Apr 19, 2015 5:23 AM

Apr 2014
Very exciting episode, really starting to like this series. :D
Apr 19, 2015 5:28 AM
Apr 2014
So the Lustanians took over Pars huh? I wonder what happened to the queen.
I don't think Andragoras is dead yet, you can see him seemingly tortured in the ED.
I still hate the lack of BLOOD in here, Vahriz killing dudes with white flashes.
I wonder if this will have some supernatural elements, I would think so based on the beginning of this ep with the masked guy.
Apr 19, 2015 5:33 AM

Dec 2011
Daryun's such a freaking badass :D

That strategy to make it sound like their king had ran away and left his soldiers to die was really thought, and that ambush sealed the deal...

RIP Vahriz T.T

Another great episode and I can't wait to see what happens next T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 19, 2015 5:48 AM

Dec 2013
I'm currently thinking that the king got captured.

Rip old uncle guy

Overall I'm actually enjoying this series a lot more than what I was expecting!
Apr 19, 2015 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode. I wonder who that that guy with the mask is, since he said that Andragoras doesn't recognize him...
Narsus looks like a pretty interesting character to me.

Apr 19, 2015 6:10 AM
Oct 2014
Owh, nice episode with alot of action.
I wonder if the king is dead. Well, he probably is.
Apr 19, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
Well this is somewhat contradictory. If the king already won over hundreds battles and regarded as the strongest leader, why there's no any commanders who think positively when the news that the king abandoned them appear? it looks like there's no trust between the leader and commander.

Otherwise, it's fine episode, well executed and I like to see the show progress. The CGI still sucks to me though.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 19, 2015 6:40 AM

Nov 2013
funny seeing the old dude jump around like a ninja turtle whilst wearing armour :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 19, 2015 6:42 AM

Oct 2013
This is awesome, my non-sequel AOTS. The 3 episodes so far have been great and Daryun is such a great character.

Oh and Seo Kouji's illustration at the end, now I wonder if Ishida Sui would make a illustration too (seeing that famous manga artists such as Nakaba Suzuki and Seo Kouji are doing so).
Apr 19, 2015 7:30 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, that OP is so freaking catchy.

Some great action this episode. Introduced some new characters so I'm curious what's in for them next.
Apr 19, 2015 7:48 AM

Jul 2010
That strategy to not only shame and finish the Great King, but to primarily focus and break down the army from its core. Vahriz died protecting the king, and wow, the King just died waiting for the blow.

Even with such a masterful plan, they still had a big loss, at least from a numerically standpoint, but bringing in army strength and what not, it is nothing but decisive. Seeing the last remnants of the great army charging was to their death.

Meeting Narsus and Elam. This was a great one.
Apr 19, 2015 7:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Arslan returns with yet again another solid episode and I loved it

The beginning scene with Daryun saving Arslan was choreographed really well imo and I fangasm'd so hard when he took out 3 guys at once with his spear >//< His exchange of words and clash of swords with the traitor was intense but it kind of changed my perspective of what is the truth

This episode spent some time to give us some development for the other generals as well which I appreciated a lot and because of that I actually thought that they would have survived but I guess not....I really liked those guys too and it sucks that the message to retreat got intercepted....They lost well over 100,000 men in this battle and that's devastating

The part with the King, Daryun's uncle and the silver mask guy (I actually like him a lot lol and that beginning scenes with those priests and the fire was weird yet I liked the intensity of that scene a lot) was intense....Seeing the troops get picked off so easily one by one only for uncle to go full badass mode and then get cut down so easily made me sad (The OP had me thinking that he would survived as well but the OP lied), may he RIP :(.

This whole situation did raise some interesting questions though, like who Silver Mask is and why he hates the king so much. Part of me thinks that maybe he's his actual son or something since the last episode kind of implied that maybe Arslan isn't the king's actual son. But oh well, that just another thing I'll be looking forward too. King Douchebag got rekt even after he let go of his foolish pride and did the right thing for his troops.

It's gonna be a sad thing to see how Arslan and Daryun reacts to the news that all those guys died....The enemy although I want to dislike them I honestly can't say that I hate them although the way that the guy said that they killed little kids and babies and lots of them before is pretty fucked up and they should pay for that shit

Overall it was a great episode yet again this week imo and the ending scene was pretty fun and interesting. Can't wait to see more of Daryun's friend (He already has me impressed with himself) and the archer kid whom was pretty cool too....Going by the OP they're eventually gonna join the crew so I can't wait to see it happen :)
TokoyaApr 19, 2015 7:53 AM
Apr 19, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2012
Smudy said:
I'm interested in the so-called ''antagonists'' here. The Lusitannians don't seem to be bad people persé in my eyes.

RIP Vahriz and possibly Andragoras?

Well... it seems they killed women and babies just cause they don't follow the same religion...
And they are doing this war to kill the heathens... which seems bad in my eyes ><
Apr 19, 2015 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
Great ep. Pars got REKT!! And the king is dead(?). I wonder what SilverMask's relation to him was? Betting on illegitimate son or sth like that. He was quite BA to plan all that shit out. The way they did it making the Pars soldiers losing their trust was awesome.

Narsus seems pretty cool. Can't wait to see what Arslan will do from here.
Barion-ZaraApr 21, 2015 6:47 AM
Apr 19, 2015 8:54 AM

Dec 2010
Lol I choked when I heard Namikawa Daisuke.
Apr 19, 2015 9:24 AM

Feb 2015
Wow did not expect the king to be defeated so easily. Magic sword?
Also, what happened to Sharpun and that general K who wanted to run away? Hmm did they join the dark side as well?
I thought Elam was the boy that sent the prince on a wild goose chase in the first episode, but he had blonde hair, and Elam didn't...
Overall really exciting episode, extremely favourable for me.

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Apr 19, 2015 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
Still hope for Arslan to get more mature as I can't stand him right now.

Anyway, battle those days... they are using some incredible numbers. If they divided that by 10 it would be a lot more believable. Also, the king's decision was pretty ill-judged, one has to wonder how he had even became one. And there are too many traitors to my taste. But I guess that perhaps queen had some share in this betrayal too.

This series would really benefit from some budget increase. But other than that, it's pretty solid right now.
I just hope this will get more interesting and soon.
Apr 19, 2015 9:38 AM
Jan 2010
So the king who killed a lion 1v1 when he was 10 dies just like that
shonen bs
Apr 19, 2015 9:43 AM

Mar 2013
StardustReverie said:
So the king who killed a lion 1v1 when he was 10 dies just like that
shonen bs

Except that he didn't die? They said it in the very same episode.
Apr 19, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2014
Good as always but the king died a little quick
Apr 19, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode that ends with two new characters introduced. Still loving that ED.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.