Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 6, 2015 10:31 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode. Looking forward to finishing the rest of the series. Wincest. xD That's the greatest. Karen is best girl, though.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Jan 7, 2015 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
Zetsubou onii-chan!

laughed so much in this episode, epic as ever :D
Jan 7, 2015 8:20 PM

Jun 2014
LonelyWizard said:
i spilled a whole bottle of coke when Araragi started dancing,almost killed my computer :(,gotta be more careful from now on...[spoiler]

I was DYING.
Also holy shit, jumping RIGHT into the fanservice. As well as massively uncomfortable scenes.
And he cant been seen in the mirror. Oh boy. thats bad.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 8, 2015 6:47 AM

Dec 2014
lonelytree said:
Araragi's platinum disco dance when talking about getting the bath ready xD

IKR
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't get the ending. Was he supposed to not be a vampire anymore? I thought he was still a vampire, just not a complete one, but he seemed really shocked...

Anyway, gotta love Koyomi reaction when Tsukihi covered herself with soap. I'm offended, must throw water! Clearly not to remove that soap!

It's always weird how Monogatari arc usually focus on one characters, but always one or more episodes that are clearly not on that character.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 2, 2015 9:22 PM

Jan 2014
minouneetzoe said:
I didn't get the ending. Was he supposed to not be a vampire anymore? I thought he was still a vampire, just not a complete one, but he seemed really shocked...
You are that confused cause they still didnt adapt Kizu...Araragi became "Mostly" human,he is just a normal human with a supernatural regenerative power...So yeah,not having reflection is a pretty big deal,it means he becomes more vampire than human...
Mar 26, 2015 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
_kevin said:
lonelytree said:
Araragi's platinum disco dance when talking about getting the bath ready xD

IKR

I remember seeing a gif somewhere and that was hilarious seeing in this episode!
Mar 28, 2015 9:53 AM

May 2012
Lol, so much fanservice xD Still, nice set up for how Koyomi is becoming more of a vampire.

LonelyWizard said:
Nise was weaker than Bake or S2,thats a fact
Lol, true. Though without Nisemono, we won't know about Deishu Kaiki nor Yotsugi Ononoki either.
Jun 7, 2015 6:43 AM

Nov 2010
It was bound to happen, something beyond the toothbursh scene
Tsukihi is really a sexy loli
Jun 14, 2015 8:52 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Tsukisi cute. But damn.. that was some nice fanservice.... a close one. Almost got excited.

On a side note. Still kinda odd if siblings bath like that. Especially Araragi pretty much had full access to her body. (was normally allowed to clean/touch every body part)

Good ep tho.
Aug 14, 2015 6:05 PM

Feb 2013
Amusing as always. Was not expecting half of the episode to be spent in the bath... long hair is long.

This guy...
BurntJellyAug 14, 2015 6:10 PM
Aug 31, 2015 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
PrOxAnto said:
_kevin said:

IKR

I remember seeing a gif somewhere and that was hilarious seeing in this episode!

Haha, that was awesome!
Tsukihi is nice!
Sep 30, 2015 4:07 PM

Mar 2009
Great. This is like Nise all over again. Nise worst Monogatari.
Oct 9, 2015 1:12 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Nothing like a fanservice episode. I thought Nise was over.
Oct 9, 2015 6:31 PM

Sep 2014
The times they are a changing. EP 1.

Plot: So far, Araragi's mind is weighing heavily on the future. On his, his sisters, maybe the Oddities. But that doesn't mean that he can't spare the time to prepare and take a bath with his cute Fire Sisters. But then the whomper comes up: He has no shadow. As if he was a true Vampire.

Character: Koyomi's narration paints the theme and issue over this season. Growing pains. Alot crap has gone on over the half a year and the successes, trials, errors, mistakes of it all would be something that Koyomi would place on his shoulders. This new thing is another pile up but in this case, it is all his own problems. Can't wait to see how he handles it.

Tsukihi once more is the more analytical Fire Sister. However I wonder how much she knows concerning Nadeko. When Koyomi never visits Nadeko due to the Medusa Arc, I wonder how she'll react. And the theme of time/growing pains hits her too since both literally and figuratively, she's gonna get left behind.

Animation/sound: I love Yotsugi. I didn't believe they could make better OPs beside Platinum Disco, Muso Express, and Staple Staple, but dear god Orange Mint is wonderful.

And delicious Tsukhi is always welcome. Thank you Shaft!

4/5. Pretty good start. How will you grow, Koyomi Araragi?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 14, 2015 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
Just like the other shows this is already fantastic!!!

Now, on to the rest.
Jan 15, 2016 2:26 AM
Jan 2013
Mmm, Tsukihi-chan ;)
Feb 10, 2016 7:35 PM

Nov 2013
Alarm sisters <3 Tsukihi is so cute, meow <3
Man I want to lick that foot and wash that body so hard, to fondle these yummy soft and bouncy boobies... Bath scene is my favorite after (or before idk) toothbrushing scene. I envy him so much, lucky bastard. Be my imouto Tsukihi-chwan :'(
Awesome episode. I feel that Tsuki(hi)monogatari is my fav the same as Nisemonogatari, wincest ftw!
tsundereharasserMay 15, 2016 3:50 AM
Feb 17, 2016 12:27 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
:/ Yay another bucket load of fan service.

I like how the huge bathroom has only 1 place to scrub and rinse hair.
Mar 3, 2016 9:42 AM

Nov 2013
I have a feeling that people complaining about fanservice have very selective memory and/or views, cause Bake had a lot of ecchi fanservice (Neko Hanekawa or Nadeko arcs for example and half naked lingerie Gahara herself, and S2 has the same beginning with bathing fanservice with lesbo Senjougahara and Hanekawa).
I guess Gahara fans don't mind half-naked Gahara lingerie fanservice or tsundere service but complain about imoutos, this is hypocrite point of view and does not deny the fact that entire Monogatari series is based on fanservice, not only ecchi, there is also loli stuff, lingerie, boobs, perverted plot in general. When text based explanations of supernatural become too boring Nisio brings a bit of fanservice. Of course text based explanations can serve as a fanservice for text based explanations fans too.

or like in Owarimonogatari

but of course Nise is fanservice

and Bake is godly anime
tsundereharasserMar 3, 2016 1:57 PM
May 13, 2016 7:33 AM

Jul 2013
That bathing scene. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 8, 2016 12:24 AM

Dec 2015
hurrah hurrah.
Tsukihi is why I want a lil sis.
"Having a little sister is a fantasy only those without have"
Much truth.
Jun 11, 2016 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
I prefer Karen over Tsukihi but still, how much blood did everyone lose with this one?
Jun 20, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
No kidding... Koyomi just realized he's a vampire after all those event during past year, yay!
Here, captain obvious have this rock! (but it's quite surely an irony, for him to be aberration too. I bet he relied on his powers too much)

Intro with Yotsugi was nice.. although surprise, surprise she didn't appeared in this episode after than, something that's almost standard in Monogatari. I wonder if he can relate with her now, you know, she's dead and he's almost dead.

I bet his next stop will be Shinobu... if she is around though. Their connection and her restraints may be weakened now.

And the bathing scene... just classic! We didn't learn much (other than Nadeko is fine) but the fanservice was just golden.
Mich666Jun 20, 2016 3:30 PM
Aug 18, 2016 4:46 AM

Apr 2014
I can't Imagine Touching My sister body and still being Sane...
I can't Imagine that many anime male Characters Who Sees and Touch their sisters Body and Still can be calm... And The Sister Tsukihi...Didn't Moan...

8/10 Bath Scene Like this can be fun....if It's Spacey.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Sep 4, 2016 10:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hentai power!!!

Araragi is transforming in vampire!!!!

The epidode, the begining, would not go about Yotsugi? At the end was Araragi and fire sister all O_o Typical of --monogatari animes :)
Sep 27, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2013
Holy phoenix, Tsukihi when did you grow up like that? O_O
Delicious fanservice, while I prefer Karen I have to say Tsukihi is still yummy as well :3
Nov 17, 2016 8:28 PM

Sep 2015
That fan service tho
Feb 11, 2017 10:22 AM

Jun 2015
That's way in crossing the limits. What was the writer thinking when he came up with this idea?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 15, 2017 11:34 AM

Aug 2016
Araragi is so funny, when he dance I laughed too much.

Oh that bathroom is so beautiful, I like too much the relationship of brothers they have. <3
Apr 28, 2017 6:48 PM

Nov 2016
Good episode, liked the dialogues and references.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2017 2:02 PM
May 2012
alright, koyomi taking a bath....
Aug 31, 2017 8:55 PM

Aug 2013
Tasty.... what else is there to say.
Oct 7, 2017 3:32 AM

Jan 2017
Niveen_Sleem said:
That's way in crossing the limits. What was the writer thinking when he came up with this idea?

Felt exactly the same thing. This totally grossed me out.

I know people say that there's tons of fanservice in other seasons, and that's true, but i'm not complaining of the fanservice per se, doing so will be ridiculous at this point -i mean, let's remember this entire series is heavily based on it-, so as i was saying, i'm not complaining about the fanservice per se but on the type of fanservice. I think they are invisible yet tangible limits to what's enjoyable and what is simply sick, this bath scene case belongs to the latter category.

Yeah, some people can laugh at it and actually enjoy it, just 'cause it's about the so loved characters that we know so much and care so much about, but let's try to imagine for a second this being applied in a real-life experience, anyone who says they wouldn't be grossed out if they showed a brother and his younger sister bathing together and touching each other is simply being a fake, or has a very specific type of sexual preference/desire.

Besides, whoever tries to come up with the argument this is a cultural taboo, it's not intrinsically right or wrong, it's just a shared social norm or conception that it's totally maleable it's also being an hypocrite and not even applying the notion correctly.

It's true that maybe in some societies, in a certain specific time something like this it's completely natural, but that's not the case of our society and that's what ultimately matters, not a series of what if and hypothesis that are not viable or actually take place in a determined culture at a determined point of time. It's a fact that this is a taboo shared by the modern western society and we are part of it, and as such it's not unnatural to be grossed out by it. Whether it is on an anime, a movie or a series. Just because the means on which it is shown it's the 'oh so cute and lovely anime' it's less gross that two real-life actors portraying the same exact scene.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 13, 2017 6:52 AM

Jun 2016
Yaaaay! An anime series about Ononoki. Gaaaaah. I love that little kid so much.

Nice seeing Tsukihi and Karen Araragi again. I missed them two so much.

What's up with Araragi doing the hand action in Tsukihi's Nisemonogatari OP? Lmfao. That's so cute. Stop! Stop! Stop! Hahaha. And wow Tsukihi's hair is so freaking loooooong. Her hair used to be so short in Nisemonogatari. I prefer her having a short hair. Bring it back. Hahaha.

Idk what to feel with the entire bath scene of two Araragis: Tsukihi and Araragi. I'm wheezing throughout. Omfg my poor tummy from laughing so hard.

Oh and Nadeko is still alive? Forfucksake!

So, Araragi has no idea that he has no reflection in the mirror? Is this like his first time facing the mirror after the incident with Shinobu? Haha. So, he's still a full vampire? I mean, we all know you're a vampire because of Shinobu. Why was he shocked? I don't understand.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 16, 2017 5:20 AM

Dec 2015
Heyyooo! Monogatari back at it with the fanservice. Araragi's plat disco dance was so good. Was expecting Karen to barge in like the toothbrush scene.
~
Nov 25, 2017 3:04 PM

May 2015
Just watched my first Monogatari episode in while and that was honestly kinda hard to get through. Maybe my taste has changed since the last time I watched it but that felt pretentious af. It could've just been this episode, I hope so anyway.
Feb 9, 2018 9:11 PM
Nov 2015
I hate this ep so much. What a bad start.
May 24, 2018 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
i see what you are doing there Shaft, nice crossover

Aug 9, 2018 7:26 AM

Dec 2016
Araragi truly is a man of culture and man do I love him for it lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 17, 2018 2:20 AM

May 2018
And the fan service returns...

Great introduction to Ononoki, the only thing I did not like was the fact that the Nisemonogatari style fan service returned.

4/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Nov 23, 2018 3:57 PM

Nov 2017
best bath episode ever

Dec 11, 2018 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
Holy crap, that was 2nd most incestous Monogatari scene after the toothbrush one. I didn't expect that but I can't say I don't like it.
Feb 23, 2019 6:01 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, I felt that fingernail of Koyomi breaking.
This would be, I daresay, bad for my reputation as a General-feldmarschall but I'll still say it 'cause its worth it, TSUKIHI was just YUMMY, she's more than hella cute, her hair fits her moe face this is jut good.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 22, 2019 2:09 AM

Dec 2018
The beginning of the end, eh?

This time Araragi is getting along privately with Tsukihi.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 29, 2019 1:39 PM

Dec 2014
I skipped the bath scene. it's disgusting really, I mean fan service between a girl and her brother is so weird, I can't. Yotsugi is queen though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2019 11:47 PM

May 2015
This is bullshit

How is Araragi not having a boner?!
I had one the whole episode.
Jun 29, 2020 1:01 PM

Jan 2019
As a “fan” of the fire sisters, this episode made me very happy
Aug 9, 2020 8:18 PM

May 2018
Very Nisemonogatari like start, haven't expected series to return to this sol comedy light atmosphere but it's welcome after pretty dark Second Season adn still dark but disappointing Hanamonogatari.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsukimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2014

206 by RioFS »»
Mar 23, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Tsukimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2014

49 by RioFS »»
Mar 22, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Tsukimonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2014

54 by RioFS »»
Mar 22, 11:44 AM

» Is Araragi the best dancer in anime history

Khalnayak2002 - Oct 28, 2022

6 by Ashikhi »»
Oct 29, 2022 4:22 PM

» Ononoki

Bluagrana33 - Sep 3, 2022

33 by rog1gor »»
Sep 6, 2022 12:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.