Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2014 6:16 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
History class that mentioned Mt. Fuji. The main girl is still depressed, and Sempai girl is away for climbing alone. The two girls who reached the top sent the post cards, and they just arrived. It reminds her of the first mountain they went together, and regained her passion for mountain climbing as well as her friend by accident.

Extended ver. of season 1 ED when lightly climbing together.
tsubasaloverOct 23, 2014 2:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2014 6:21 AM

Dec 2013
I love how they titled this week's episode 'Dear My Friend' which relates to the second one ending, and I'm glad they played over that song sometime after Aoi and Hinata surprisingly met together at a particular spot. That brings so much memories.

So I guess Aoi will climb again, huh? I hope she re-attempts Mt. Fuji. I wish she has done some physical training and more preparation first before climbing Mt. Fuji again.

This may sound evil, but not seeing much Kaede and Kokona (she appeared in one short scene tho) feels a bit better. I like to see both Aoi and Hinata climbing a mountain together only...
Sep 24, 2014 3:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hinata's turn to call Aoi for eating 'old man' food :)

Yeah, sounds like Aoi recovered and decided to try again, but first taking a step back and working up to it more slowly this time.

I think it's awesome you can mail post cards from the top. Of course, someone has to carry bags of those things down every day...
Oct 1, 2014 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
1:44-1:47 of the episode:

Oh btw, I think there was a special airing for episode 13 but it was more like one of those interview live shows rather than a full animated episode.
Oct 5, 2014 9:21 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hinata's letter puts Aoi at ease a little. Chance meeting at Mt. Tenran. I like how they both noticed each other at the same time sitting oppositely side by side.

Good to see Aoi getting her spirit back as a mountain climber again. Lets go, once again!

Stark700 said:

Hi, Ryuuko-chan. Nice try hiding by coloring your front bang black. Where's Mako though?

Oct 6, 2014 7:21 AM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:

Lmao nice catch.

@topic, Ahhhhh frends, they always pop up from somewhere when you're sad.
Oct 6, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2009
funtimesayshi said:

This may sound evil, but not seeing much Kaede and Kokona (she appeared in one short scene tho) feels a bit better. I like to see both Aoi and Hinata climbing a mountain together only...

How could you say that about Kaede. ;_;

Good end to the first half. I hope Aoi returns to Mt. Fuji one day.
Oct 8, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2010
I am glad Aoi is feeling better now. Dat friendship. Yes Staccato Days! I love that song so much and miss it...

Mata ashita yahoo! Somehow this felt like a finale... So glad it is 2-cour.
Oct 8, 2014 3:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haha, seems like I wasn't the only thought that girl looked like Ryuuko.

Anyways, glad Aoi got her spirits back. And I kneew she would suddenly meet Hinata after she finished her walk. It was a nice coincidence which got them to be like they usually were. I want to hike those trails too.
Oct 10, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Mormegil said:
funtimesayshi said:

I agree and I'll say the same: How could you say that about Kaede? ;_;
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 13, 2014 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
Phew... I thought Aoi reverted back to her old hobbies completely.
It was nice how the card lead to the coincidence that pushed them both forward!
Aoi knowing to move on and take things at her own pace ^^
Oct 28, 2014 3:52 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I really liked how she returned back to the first mountain they ever climbed. Good vibes~ Great episode.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Oct 29, 2014 7:08 AM

Dec 2011
The Fuji cane being used for growing plants.

Sometimes the smaller places can be as good as, or better than, the big ones. Must say, I'd completely forgotten about that little hill.

Loved the little scene at the end there.

I think that's a good place to take a bit of a pause. Like when climbing a mountain, it's a good idea to take time out for a rest occasionally while watching through anime.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 20, 2014 6:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
xchee said:
Mormegil said:

I agree and I'll say the same: How could you say that about Kaede? ;_;

I agree that I also would like to see Aoi/Hinata climb Mt.Fuji together, but let's not diss Kaede. She's the experienced one in the group, so she'd most likely accompany Aoi/Hinata.

Jan 16, 2015 10:08 AM

May 2012
Cute episode, really liked the overall atmosphere in this one :3
Jan 20, 2015 2:10 AM

May 2012
Lol, Hinata's turn to laugh at Aoi eating "old man's food" xD Glad Aoi is at ease after a while. Hate to see her depressed after Mt. Fuji climbing :( I also like how they played the ending song from the first season (which consisted much shorter episodes), indicate nostalgia :)
Apr 13, 2016 8:15 PM

Aug 2015
Finally no more depressed Aoi, was starting to bother me. The mood was too depressing :o, glad she still wants to climb.
Jul 14, 2016 7:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
With this episode we arrive a half of season, and for now there are things interesting how borings....
Apr 23, 2018 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
This Fuji arc did an absolutely mindblowing job portraying what depression is like. You get slightly motivated to do something and when something goes wrong it becomes almost impossible to see the good in what you've accomplished. You stop caring. You stop enjoying the things you used to and you just want it all to stop. Your mind and senses go numb. You are constantly telling yourself "I don't want to be here." and you send yourself into a spiral that only stops once you fall asleep. Afterwards it is a massive struggle to climb back up.

I am typing this the next day so I feel better now, but watching this arc last night sent me into my own spiral of depression. It was truly relatable on a horrific level.

Kaede is the person everybody with depression needs. A mature, bundle of patience, taking in the best of the current situation, taking care of her friend with the purest and best of intentions, and resolving her frustrations peacefully later on her own (as she did when she went hiking by herself). If she were older she would make damn fine waifu material.
Feb 16, 2019 2:29 AM

Jan 2015
Nostalgia hits back for Aoi and now she wants to go climbing again.
Oct 14, 2019 6:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She finally got rid of that climbing depression, nice.
Jan 24, 2021 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad Aoi feels better. Now she's ready for new challenges. :)

SerafosJan 6, 2:34 AM
Apr 17, 2021 7:42 AM

Aug 2018
Well, Aoi decided for herself that she wants to climb mountains in the end.. Well.. As long as that's what she wants..
I myself the highest mountains I was on.. Was on some higher places.. Like on some Crimean Mountains, for example.. View is alright.. But honestly not my thing.. Also watching sunrises - also not my thing.. I have no wish, really, to just start watching sunrises in my places, what I could do, and what I couple of time witnessed.. Why would I do even more, when I don't want to do even this?.. ;D Because it feels different?.. Well, it honestly almost doesn't.. But that's for me.. I find no difference in feelings between being on the Crimean Mountains, or just watching pics of the view from them on the internet.. First will take lots of time and money to get.. (Also, well, Crimea is also now politically sucking place, visiting what can bring you even more troubles..) Second is just as easy as to just enter words in the searching bar.. ;D
Oct 2, 2022 3:04 PM
Feb 2020
ilham verici bir bölümdü
Oct 15, 2022 11:37 PM
Sep 2019
Playing the season 1 ED as they went back to their roots this episode was an extremely nice touch - especially since I really like that song. Peak episode for sure!
Nov 24, 2022 8:02 AM

Nov 2018
Haha! I think that Kaede is compensating for not reaching the summit of Fuji.

Nice! Aoi's stick blossomed 😊! The morning glories are so inspiring!

I was sure that Aoi would bump into Hinata during that walk 😋!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Mar 21, 2023 1:29 PM

Oct 2018
Looks like Aoi is out of her state, new attempt from the next episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2014

23 by Sommernacht »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume Second Season Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

30 by Sommernacht »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:16 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2014

32 by Sommernacht »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:07 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

35 by Sommernacht »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

29 by Sommernacht »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.