Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode definitely had a different mood to some of the previous mainly because Daichi seems to have a normal life now. Still, the Planetary Gears are making their moves.

I think it should be obvious that sooner or later, he'll realize that something doesn't feel right. I notice that still demonstrate some of his combat movements/gestures. Welp, this built-up is going to escalate soon. I find it awkward that he is sitting with that Siren kid without realizing it until the end of the episode. WB CAPTAIN.
Sep 6, 2014 11:57 AM

Aug 2010
Quite an episode ^^; I was mindfucked through out XD Some nice Daichi development though.
Sep 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2013
Ya know... Other than the mindfuck factor... I really don't understand what the point of that episode was... It felt like filler...

I mean I guess the point was that he had to find inner determination to power up his livlaster but... They spent an entire episode on it?

Especially since he didn't even say anything new.. he already pretty much affirmed his determination before the mission began when he talked to SaltyDog guy and assured Hana that he would do it.

Idunno.. Think this is filler... I felt like I just wasted my time. I bet I could skip this episode and would have missed absolutely nothing.
Sep 6, 2014 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
It was one good episode. Daichi had some good character development in this episode.

Daichi escaped from the dream world and returned back to his own world.
Sep 6, 2014 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
some deja vu but with added mindfuck! It was nice to see Daichi finding himself again (with the help of pitz) but now we are back to the main event and the battle with the Kiltangs! I can't exactly remember how the last episode ended but wasn't Daichi struggling to catch up to and hang onto the Blume the moment up until it came into contact with the Garm Engine? How the heck did he manage to get to the front of the ship to destroy the Garm? I'm still in the dark of what actually happened this episode and how it came about!
Sep 6, 2014 2:07 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
So, I guess the previous episode wasn't a part of the dream. It was just Daichi entering a trance and finding his resolve once again.
Replacing Daichi's friends and acquaintances from episode 1 with the Planetary Gears was a good way to go about showing Daichi's willpower.

Good episode. Setsuna will be on offense next time. Looking forward to her fighting style.

Sep 6, 2014 2:48 PM

Dec 2013
I'm a bit confused as to what I should consider this episode but it was good nonetheless, I wish Captain Earth didn't have the slowest build up ever but hopefully they're making the ending be worth the wait.
Sep 6, 2014 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
pretty good episode

though escaping the dream at the end was a bit anticlimatic

hopefully this slow episode means more budget for the upcoming final battle
Sep 6, 2014 2:58 PM

Mar 2009
...what did I just watch?

Didn't Eureka 7 do something similar to this towards the end? Right before Renton rescued Eureka? I might be mistaken.
Sep 6, 2014 3:28 PM
Mar 2013
This would have been a much better approach to the whole series.

The ending was disappointing. I was extremely humored by the fact that this could have been a dream. Though I was kinda pissed from the shift from previous episode.

Of course I didnt get my wish. Well sorta not really....

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME MAN!! IT'S NOT ABOUT ME!!!!
UndeadSoulSep 6, 2014 3:33 PM
Sep 6, 2014 4:31 PM

Nov 2007
A "dream" that he's back to before summer vacation? Or rather, first ep.? His friends are replaced by the enemy group. He's remembering the whole TV series and feeling weird. With her creature, he remembered. The moment he's back.

2 more eps., so final battle really starts.

I heard that there's rearranged ver. of ED aired in this ep., have you guys noticed the difference?
https://twitter.com/CaptainEarth_PR/status/508268395733594113
tsubasaloverSep 7, 2014 7:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2014 5:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mormegil said:

Didn't Eureka 7 do something similar to this towards the end?

I think I know what you mean, because this episode reminded me of Eureka 7. Anyways, quite the relaxing episode, really. It was nice getting away from the mechs and the kiltgangs and everything. I guess this was a character development episode for Daichi, although yeah, I don't think it's a super important one since it did feel like a filler. Still, I kind of liked it.
Sep 6, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2012
What the heck happened? Not understanding shit. Why is he remembering everything and replacing his friend by enemies? Wut?! Ai-chan... dat scene *3*
They're talking too much about death...

It was the best episode so far imo.
Sep 6, 2014 6:18 PM
Dec 2013
Well, at this point I really just want them to wrap up this series.

Better yet, just give me a 24 minute hentai of Daichi fucking Hana, while Teppei rams Akari's pelvis into the next solar system. Not only would it be more enjoyable but my dick would greatly enjoy it as well.
Sep 6, 2014 6:31 PM

Dec 2010
Well this was a fantastic episode, and one of the best yet. Sure, it didn't really change much, but it allowed for character development of Daichi, which is always a good thing. So was seeing all of the Kiltgang living as humans. I feel like fans will take this AU and run with it...

I'm pumped to see the end of this. It's gotten really good!
Sep 6, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was quite nuts. It is quite mindblowing. It has its moments but the interactions of Daichi with the Planetary Gears in different ways, while paralleling his own thoughts with his memories creating so many overlaps with their beliefs vs his. It really was a mindblowing episode, it honestly made me remember when Shinji's mind went nuts after his Eva went berserk and ate an Angel. It is more toned down here, but the vibe is strong o_O
Sep 6, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2009
that was a creative and well executed episode lol
Sep 6, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2007
Definitely an affirmation ep but a good one to me. It was done good and it reminded me that Setsuna even though she is the leader of the Planetery Gears she doesn't really like this path she is on. The final confrontation with them I honestly can't wait to see how it really goes down now. Only two more eps left!

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 6, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2014
This episode seemed really familiar, but I couldn't quite put any of my appendages on it.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 7, 2014 1:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was one case of dejavu after another.

I don't know how it fits into the overall narrative though. We know that Daichi is commited to being the Captain and the mission now, and no amount of sexy time in "the Villa" with avatar hotties would change that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 7, 2014 1:30 AM

Jan 2011
It seems to me like several of the kiltgang are somewhat conflicted about what they are doing, or have found they like life on earth. Siren in particular in the dream sequence seemed to be actually helping him to break free.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 7, 2014 3:08 AM

Oct 2011
I am unable to determine who that girl at the end of the intro and during the episode (With a flute).

Any1 else got an idea who she is?
Can such a dream truely exist?
Sep 7, 2014 5:18 AM

Aug 2013
Zemus said:
I am unable to determine who that girl at the end of the intro and during the episode (With a flute).

Any1 else got an idea who she is?

A theory was mentioned a few episodes ago that Livlasters are in fact an extradimensional lifeforms that takes the shape of a gun, and who may or may not have a will of their own. Puck believed if they did then perhaps they were his real enemies. So the girl with the recorder is almost certainly the physical embodiment of Daichi's Livlaster and one of the extradimensional lifeforms helping the Midsummer knights fight the Planetary Gears.
Sep 7, 2014 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
rodac said:
It seems to me like several of the kiltgang are somewhat conflicted about what they are doing, or have found they like life on earth. Siren in particular in the dream sequence seemed to be actually helping him to break free.
Not all of them, only some. Amara in particular has shown NO restraints about his intentions to make Earth a wasteland. The closest to having doubts are Moco who took a liking to her body and Earth, to an extent Baku although he now has nothing left, and Siren who acts more as voice of reason character. The rest are fullbent on going with the plan.
Sep 7, 2014 10:43 AM

Jun 2012
This episode wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Sep 7, 2014 1:35 PM
Jan 2014
Keten said:
Ya know... Other than the mindfuck factor... I really don't understand what the point of that episode was... It felt like filler...

I mean I guess the point was that he had to find inner determination to power up his livlaster but... They spent an entire episode on it?

Especially since he didn't even say anything new.. he already pretty much affirmed his determination before the mission began when he talked to SaltyDog guy and assured Hana that he would do it.

Idunno.. Think this is filler... I felt like I just wasted my time. I bet I could skip this episode and would have missed absolutely nothing.

Neat summary, that's what I thought as well. That was way too much for a character who is very underdeveloped in the first place. I really hope Bones don't screw up the ending at least. I'm glad that it's ending soon. Going to be very wary when watching original anime from Bones from now on.

tsubasalover said:

I heard that there's rearranged ver. of ED aired in this ep., have you guys noticed the difference?
https://twitter.com/CaptainEarth_PR/status/508268395733594113

I noticed the difference. I guess it's nice to have some variety, but nothing to really write home about.
Sep 7, 2014 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
So the Captain finally woke from that dream. I am so happy the dream episode only took one episode.

Great episode!!!
Sep 7, 2014 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
Memories of Daichi modified, I expected this, but I liked the way the episode was presented
Departing for the final fight, next week starts the action again, I want to see how it forwards the end of the story ..
Sep 7, 2014 7:01 PM

Dec 2008
What the hell was going on there?!

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 7, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah I fail to see any point in that, even if I like how they handled some points such as replacing his friends with the Planetary Gears. It made it feel like they'd planned this turn of events from the beginning, though I doubt that they did.

Only thing I can say is maybe the little Livlaster girl allowed him to see this 'dream' to affirm that it was solely his will powering the Livlaster, and not just her pulling the strings. I think that may be why they had that train scene portray the Planetary Gears against her with Daichi in the middle. Their purpose was to sway him into giving up the possibilities of the world where he's being used and accept the possibilities of a normal life, proving that the extradimensional lifeforms were in fact using him. At the same time, Livlaster girl was trying to affirm his will in order to prove she isn't simply using him, even though she knows leading a normal life like that is probably best for him.

I can sort of understand what they were going for, but I still don't think it was necessary.
Sep 7, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2007
That was kind of a pointless episode.
Sep 7, 2014 11:16 PM
Sep 2014
lol 15minute just for that?
well 6/10 for this episode
Sep 9, 2014 2:42 AM
Oct 2013
Anyone knows the title of rhyme that played w/ flute at 17:55 (the scene where Daichi and Hana watching starry sky together)? I swear I heard that rhyme before
Sep 10, 2014 6:04 AM
Sep 2014
I kind of like the episode after I have thought it over.
It's like who is Daichi? If I had been written the story then thatwould be the question :D If I'm right in this then this episode fits right in. I would hate if I'm wrong.... then it would just be sad story :S
Sep 12, 2014 11:55 PM

Dec 2007
A generally weak episode. It looks like they were trying for something but focused too much on the wrong areas to get it across properly. As a result, it feels more like filler than anything else.

But . . . Ai acting all shy and cute saved it. Such a wonderful contrast, especially with the quick cut to her regular persona.
Sep 13, 2014 8:05 AM

May 2013
Well, if Ai is a human, she could fall in love to Daichi. That will be cute.

But sorry because I felt some Evangelion references in this episode. The fact that it was all a dream happened in NGE too :/ Last two episode, yeeeees.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 13, 2014 12:10 PM

Feb 2007
What a trip... :D
Sep 13, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
I find it funny how in the video game Daichi is conrolling the Captain earth mech but Ai is using Amarok's.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 13, 2014 8:26 PM

Apr 2013
What was even the point of this episode ._.
Sep 14, 2014 4:25 PM

Aug 2013
Sacriven said:
Anyone knows the title of rhyme that played w/ flute at 17:55 (the scene where Daichi and Hana watching starry sky together)? I swear I heard that rhyme before

Twinkle, twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Sep 15, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
Captain Evangelion

@PaleBlue: I love your Space Brothers icon :3
Sep 17, 2014 9:55 AM

Jan 2011
i think i understand, they knew the series can end in 2 episodes but they have to fulfill 3 episodes

so the solution is a dream episode^^
Nov 11, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2011
Felt pointless...or it really was.

Oh well. Only two episodes left.
Dec 10, 2014 4:11 PM

Jun 2014
shiiiiiit that episode raped my brain. All this time i hadnt realized he had encountered a few planetary gears in episode 1.
Mar 6, 2015 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
I did not see a story so interesting for a long time, this episode has managed to like it at all, mysterious and investigator of Daichi, has been able to make his character mature and suitable for the purpose for which it was invested.
Drawings and animations beautiful as usual.
Everything went smoothly, perhaps the series finale will be interesting now.
Also good soundtrack.
Jul 8, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
Deja vu to the max XD
It me doubting whether the gears really were in the first ep XD
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Pretty wild episode.
Too bad we didn't get to see what Akari done that same day... it also shows that the "enemies" are stuck in the past and are still unwilling to go on and forge their own paths.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

37 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.