Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty tense episode. As usual, Hana is badass.

I give some credit to the Planetary Gears this episode too though. Overall, pretty battle oriented episode. Hell, even Daichi fought well. I'm surprised how far they took the battle though.

>Dream?
Oh boy..
Aug 30, 2014 11:47 AM

May 2013
Don't tell me this was all a dream lol. The battles were okay in this one.
Aug 30, 2014 12:35 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Not sure if it was a troll episode or not. All of the intense events were just a dream? So vivid! :O
If so, Daichi must've been taking some sort of enhanced drugs. XD

Hana looked awesome in the Blume though :p

Aug 30, 2014 1:01 PM
Jan 2014
So Hirosue didn't even attempt to convince the Ark faction to cease their attacks on the Intercept faction. Pretty lame.

Interesting how the Kivotos allows the use of Livlasters, that's very handy.

The Garm Engine is one huge hunk of metal though. The last attack sequence it managed to perform looked pretty sick.

Looks like Hana had some difficulties while piloting the Blume again. Maybe initiating the Entangle Link hyperspace travel so early, wasn't such a bad idea.

Though Daichi had to increase the power output of his Livlaster, in order to catch up to Blume with his EE.

I wonder if the high energy output clash between the Blume and Garm Engine caused some sort of an anomaly.
Aug 30, 2014 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
I literally had to stop and stare at the screen when it said the next episode was gonna be called "A Midsummer Night's Dream". They're really all for bad puns in titles this anime season, huh?
Aug 30, 2014 1:45 PM
Nov 2013
Good mecha action this episode, but I really hope that all wasn't a dream.
Aug 30, 2014 2:01 PM

Jun 2012
So everything was a dream? ok ill take that.
Aug 30, 2014 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
With three episodes left I was surprised that what appeared to be the final battle was kicking off so I guess I should have expected the next episode to be some flashback/recap episode to sum up everything before the fight actually begins. Nice buildup form this episode though, be interesting to see how they dealt with the Garm Engine problem. Hopefully they explain who the small girl with blue hair is too, been wanting to know that since the start of this series!
Aug 30, 2014 2:28 PM

Nov 2007
Many determinations and promises (with the adults and among themselves).

Begin of the dream (captain back to the "reality")?

3 more eps.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 30, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2012
-Robunaga said:
Hopefully they explain who the small girl with blue hair is too, been wanting to know that since the start of this series!

"The theory that the Livlasters were extradimensional lifeforms that took the shape of a gun. If those guns have a will of their own, perhaps they are the ones trying to take over the galaxy. My true enemies." -Masaki/Puck in episode 19.

That girl is undoubtedly Daichi's livlaster, one of the extradimensional lifeforms aiding the Intercept Faction in order to eliminate their biggest threat in the Planetary Gears, and I'd say she's probably got something to do with this "dream" since she's shown in the PV.
Aug 30, 2014 4:23 PM
Jan 2012
eh? is a dream sequence really necessary at this point. I hope it isn't drawn out anymore than 1 episode. Doesn't even look interesting from the ending preview.
Aug 30, 2014 5:23 PM

Nov 2012
Was that Dachi's dad at the end (I don't even remember)?Everything was a dream?Well honestly don't care either way,don't even pay attention much while watching this much anyways.
VanishingKiraAug 30, 2014 5:27 PM
Aug 30, 2014 6:26 PM

Jan 2009
Daichi entered a dream state, but we all know his going back to reality soon, and damn Hana was hot this episode
Aug 30, 2014 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
daichi just look for a drill to escape the dream!

great episode. also could we possibly see moko switching sides
Aug 30, 2014 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
So, Daichi entered the dream world at the end. I don't think the intense events of his mecha lifestyle were a dream.
Aug 31, 2014 12:34 AM

Dec 2010
Show has officially gotten good!

That cliffhanger is killing me though! I want to know more about everything. I imagine in the dream Daichi will be able to talk to Ariel, who is the blue haired girl, and most likely his livlaster.

The episodes feel too short!

I love BONES, I love them a lot. But they do have a tendency to make these really awesome shows, and then realize they don't have enough episodes to create a great ending. I hope that isn't what happens here, because it definitely feels like we are reaching a conclusion.

Only 3 more episodes!
Aug 31, 2014 7:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A dream? A submerged reality? The Evangelion/Rahxephon was strong with this episode's finale. I hope they don't try to go too complex with the explanation of what's going on. I don't like those convoluted endings that Bones specializes in.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 31, 2014 7:48 AM

Aug 2013
So it was all a dream?...
My Candies:
Aug 31, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
I'd be REALLY pissed off if all of this turned out to be just a dream!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 31, 2014 9:26 AM

Dec 2013
That was one of the biggest plot twists/mindblows I've ever seen, I was literally screaming for 2 minutes after the episode lel I wish they didn't take so long for the show to get good, they really did take their time but I guess it'll be worth it if the ending saves the whole thing haha.
Aug 31, 2014 9:45 AM

Sep 2009
People. It wasn't a dream. Things in next ep will be. Classical Lotus eater machine plot.
Aug 31, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2014
-Resident- said:
So Hirosue didn't even attempt to convince the Ark faction to cease their attacks on the Intercept faction. Pretty lame.

Interesting how the Kivotos allows the use of Livlasters, that's very handy.

The Garm Engine is one huge hunk of metal though. The last attack sequence it managed to perform looked pretty sick.

Looks like Hana had some difficulties while piloting the Blume again. Maybe initiating the Entangle Link hyperspace travel so early, wasn't such a bad idea.

Though Daichi had to increase the power output of his Livlaster, in order to catch up to Blume with his EE.

I wonder if the high energy output clash between the Blume and Garm Engine caused some sort of an anomaly.
I doubt they'd listen, they are extremists to the point they would kill other people for their goal, so it is not as if chit-chat would work at all.

That being said I never though the Garm would be this kind of monster, it really is one huge, potent bastard. Daichi was badass for beating the Cerberus alone.

Listening to the Planetary Gears was interesting for a change, and I gotta feel for Moco, too bad her feelings fell on really deaf ears since Amara really does not give a shit at all...........(I bet that moment there for the voice actors must have been awkward somewhat).

Then there is Puck, with whom we still don't know what the hell he wants, and that ending there was unexpected. It may be the Entangle Link, but still.........it was really unexpected.
Aug 31, 2014 12:20 PM

Oct 2011
I love how people were defending this show at the beginning and now it doesn't even get past 2 pages on each episode discussion.

Bones has yet to do a good original mecha since E7.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Aug 31, 2014 1:08 PM

Jul 2012
So this week was cliffhanger week.

Great episode!!!
Aug 31, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
BRSxIgnition said:
I love how people were defending this show at the beginning and now it doesn't even get past 2 pages on each episode discussion.

Yet if you check around the complaints have also decreased significantly. And the good comments have risen up. Taking into account that plenty of those 5-10 pages had negative or indifferent comments, I take the current results as a win.
Aug 31, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2011
BGMaxie said:
Yet if you check around the complaints have also decreased significantly. And the good comments have risen up. Taking into account that plenty of those 5-10 pages had negative or indifferent comments, I take the current results as a win.

Whatever you have to say to convince yourself.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Aug 31, 2014 7:17 PM
Mar 2013
This was great. Damn. So much action.

But this better not been a dream for real. Thats one way to really piss me off.

This better be a flashback dammit!!
Aug 31, 2014 10:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
straggy said:
I literally had to stop and stare at the screen when it said the next episode was gonna be called "A Midsummer Night's Dream". They're really all for bad puns in titles this anime season, huh?

Same here. Wasn't expecting them to do more with all the Midsummer Night's Dream references/puns.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
People. It wasn't a dream.

Yeah I agree, although it did a great job at making most of us go, "wait, what?"
Aug 31, 2014 11:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Shaniyaz said:
Not sure if it was a troll episode or not. All of the intense events were just a dream? So vivid! :O
If so, Daichi must've been taking some sort of enhanced drugs. XD

Iolo said:
So it was all a dream?...

SkylitTorn said:
That was one of the biggest plot twists/mindblows I've ever seen, I was literally screaming for 2 minutes after the episode lel I wish they didn't take so long for the show to get good, they really did take their time but I guess it'll be worth it if the ending saves the whole thing haha.

It's the effect of the Entangle Link I thought that was pretty obvious.

Do people even watch the same series? I'm always doing something else while listening to this series and I picked some stuffs up more than many here >_>
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 1, 2014 12:38 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode, no big fights but showed how Hana is badass, the best girl in the anime ..

but in the end it was all a Daichi's dream? I think this dream is actually the projection of space travel in his mind, as he journeys through space, for him seems that it was all a dream

the question is whether his mind will know the difference between dreams and reality ..
Sep 1, 2014 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
BRSxIgnition said:

I was always convinced of this anime buddy.
Sep 1, 2014 1:48 PM

Jun 2007
Before the OP of episode 22, one of the guys from Salty Dog says:

Sep 1, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
BGMaxie said:

He is not the only one lol
I think you are minority here.

Anyway, nice episode 3,5/5
Sep 2, 2014 12:41 AM

Jan 2011
A fall-off in the number of comments per episode is pretty typical for even one cour shows, so it doesn't mean much one way or the other. What will tell the tale will be the final episodes which will heavily influence the final ratings since there are people who wait for the series to complete before weighing in. If they don't screw it up with the dream sequence (telegraphed well in advance by the speculation on whether the earthlings frail minds could withstand the ftl linkage), then we should be fine.

And yes Moco does appear to be having second (and third) thoughts about leaving and destroying Earth. What a pity that Amaru remains such a cold fish about things, as it seems pretty clear that Moco has been contaminated by feelings of affection towards him.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Oct 2010
Thank god there's only 3 episodes left. I just don't know how much of this awful show I can take.
Sep 3, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
No..why..why did you this to me!!? What`s up with that cliffhanger ending? ..why did this have to happen? ;-;

I don`t get it...just..WHY?! :((
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Sep 4, 2014 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
Shit just got weird... like really weird.

Guess I'll watch the rest of it to see what exactly is going on.
I'm guessing that it was a sequence of what he wants most to experience. A world of peace and stuff, you know, like those "fulfill your one wish" dream thingys?

Either that, or it reverted him back to the start of his summer vacation (we saw the rainbow circle on the TV screen in the preview, that happened in episode 1, no?) before he reacquainted himself with Hana and Teppei. Maybe he's got a chance to go back and do it all over again, perhaps talk some sense in the Planetary Gears before they wreak havoc on Earth again. It's a shame he lost all his memories of everything though.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 5, 2014 12:55 PM

Feb 2013
This dream thing looks to be quite interesting, as some people expect that the whole thing was a dream they sound quite silly, as we know that this dream thing must be linked to the hyperspace thing crash thing...
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Sep 6, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2014
BGMaxie said:
BRSxIgnition said:

Only 2 pages of replies doesn't count as "win". lol

You mostly see positive comments now because most of the people who hated the show have decided it wasn't worth the time and just dropped it completely.

Arse Engine Expando!
Sep 12, 2014 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
This show is awful, everyone knows that. But damned if I dont sit through it every week and laugh.i mean they even pulled a Its just a dream ending. Other shows this would bother me... Captain Earth im not surprised.
Sep 14, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2011
hmm... i guess it is either a time loop or something like the movie Next
Sep 21, 2014 4:40 AM

Feb 2011
So if they had all these crazy ass interceptors all along, why did they never send them out against the Kill T Gangs instead?
Mar 5, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
I hate the narrative too self-congratulatory, and the pace so slow irritates me even more; I'm really bored or amused more than thrilled to see the four guys from space.
Perhaps the best parts were the point of reflection of Puck and enemies on the end of the human race after their attack.
As always the designs and animations were very good.
The thing I hate is seeing more and those of the Salty Dog in the way, that never once good are able to put them in the bag? What losers.
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Hm so his mind didn't survive after all? Or did they get caught and they're keeping him in some weird coma?

I still think at the end they're gonna kill off both Hana and Teppei.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

37 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.