Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 5, 2014 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
Oh man, this show is getting better and better! It's tied for my favorite of the season~
I really loved this episode, it had a little bit of everything, romance, harem, friendship, fight scenes, cool magic, drama, cuteness and character development. Yurika is still my favorite, hands down, with Sanae in a VERY close second. I also really like this Main Character. Hes a little 'god mode' but its still enjoyable and there's enough mystery as to how he's connected to all these girls to keep things interesting. Crossing my fingers for more seasons to come!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 5, 2014 6:02 PM
Apr 2012
noireo said:
Shaniyaz said:
Looks like all girls in Koutarou's harem can use magic, even Harumi too; though it's unbeknownst to her.
Not sure how Koutarou could use that sword so adeptly, considering it was given to him just moments ago. I guess that one of his MC quality?

Tulip getting flustered over the kiss between Blue Knight and Silver Princess was cute. :3

Nice knowing Yurika's backstory. Good to see Koutarou is willing to fight alongside her.

Second round of Yurika & Koutarou vs. Maki was pretty good, though I still don't get how could he be such a badass all of a sudden. Oh well..
The harem comes to rescue. Damn, Tulip was so ready to destroy Maki even if it'd obliterate everything around.

Damn you, Maki! Damn you!! Sacrificing Twilight Wing to erase everyone's memories, including the fact that Yurika is a Mahou Shoujo. How dare you! -.-
Though, it's nice seeing Koutarou disregarding the concern whether or not Yurika is a Mahou Shoujo or not since she's always willing to save others. (^^)

Good episode. Looks like Dark Rainbow will counterattack soon. Eh, they won't stand any chance though.

LN info.

MC has been training for the play quite a while. Then theia resume the knight training for the second play. Ruth and MC has been sparing every morning.

Beside Blue knight is nothing special. He was just a guy who save the princess, lead the war under her and some other things that would be cover in s2 if there is even one.

There is a reason MC emit white light though then again this episode already show the reason. The sword boast him in every way possible (superhuman stats) but its not quite 'I win' power. Other than that he is just an athletic guy who have never missed working out and training. Oh Theia and Ruth training also count.

Ah I hope there was a season 2 for this, everything would come full circle then.

I so hope we can get a season 2 for this the story is just too good.

It would be sad if people ignore this anime by mistaking this as a typical harem comedy anime. :(
Sep 5, 2014 6:07 PM
Apr 2012
Baddie007 said:
Ok, so is Sakuraba that girl whom Koutarou met when he fell below ground?

Could the landlady be Nana?

Could the few remaining eps be about Maki getting back?

No and No
Sep 5, 2014 6:09 PM

May 2013
After all that, they just forgot everything. That smile of Yurika at the end also made me smile.
Sep 5, 2014 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
poor Yurika
Sep 5, 2014 7:29 PM
Apr 2012
Thai777 said:
Darstorm-Sandude said:
This episode was satisfying.

WAIT WAIT WAIT the anime has already covered up to volume SEVEN of the light novels? :O

please confirm someone please and thank you

I didnt even read the light novel but I can sense that the adaptation is going as fast as the speed of light. It really is obvious that it's rushed.

This was the best episode seriously, the developpement the orgiinal plot(go see episoded 1) was there, look like some foreshadow. Yurika developpement and Kotarou.
I didnt even like Yurika, now she is my number 1 of this show, but that doesnt mean she is the one I want to end up with the MC.

Well I think the anime will just cover up to volumes 1 to 7 which is really just an introduction to the characters plus their motives as to why they want the room.

I think there is at least around 16 volumes so far plus I think think the story after volume 7 just gets way better since we find out about the blue knight and we learn how he affected most of the girls. Plus the truth about koutarou and who he really is, but I think most of you can already guess who is is from the anime.

I hope this can get a season 2.
Sep 5, 2014 7:33 PM
Jun 2012
BabyShiba said:

I so hope we can get a season 2 for this the story is just too good.

It would be sad if people ignore this anime by mistaking this as a typical harem comedy anime. :(

Dude I know that ..I also am a LN reader.

What I mean is no matter how special blue knight is hailed as ...in the he is nothing but a war hero. All his achievement are his own hard-works. Of course some people help too.
Sep 5, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
All that work but everyone forgot. Yurika just can't catch a break haha.

The sword that Sakuraba gave Koutaro during the fight...that's the same as the sword used by the Blue Knight right? Don't tell me Sakuraba's actually the reincarnation of the princess from the story. Could explain why the two of them are so drawn to each other. But wait, isn't the real sword in Tulip's possession (or was that a different sword)? And why does Tulip's ship have the same voice as Koutaro? (lack of VA? lol) I won't be surprised if this turns out to be true. Everyone (maybe Makkenji too) surrounding Koutaro isn't normal. Heck maybe even the landlady's blazing fist could have some magical explanation.

This show has me completely fooled. I thought it's going with "unconnected arcs for each girl" approach but now I feel like there's actually a bigger story in the background.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 5, 2014 8:51 PM

Aug 2012
I'm in the minority, I pretty much like this episode; it didn't get me bored or whatsoever. The fight sequence, despite the chanting of long spell names, are exciting and fluid at least. I actually didn't expect to see such action in a harem show, but well, it's a good addition.

And just as expected, they will forget about it in the end. It's obvious why the author did that and I find no reason to complain. Imo, this is more interesting than Glasslip :P

Dat Yurika wink though... :3
Sep 5, 2014 9:25 PM
Aug 2011
I admit it - I threw up my arms when they played the 'memory wipe' card. But then I realized - it wasn't a reset to status quo. MC had some vague memories about it, and probably the most noticable change - she's not crying about being a magical girl and nobody believing her anymore. She states that she's just herself and is quite happy with just that.

In general, this show gives off the closest vibe I've seen since the original Tenchi Muyo OAVs. It's something I've entered into every 'harem' anime with the hopes of seeing recaptured, and this show hits closest to the mark for me.

·It's not blatant fan service. It's there, but it's not OH YEAH in your face.
·The girls, while they might be fond of him, aren't all fighting over him like some of the catfight-fests lots of harem shows devolve into.
·A lot of elements that seem completely unrelated at first (spiritual, magical, high-tech) are gradually coming together in a cohesive inter-relation with the MC at the center.

To take it a step further, I actually like the MC a bit more than Tenchi. He isn't part of the background like Tenchi tended to be a lot of the time. ('No Need for Tenchi' was the title, after all.) But he's also not some drooling pervert who's redeemed by a heart of gold, and he's not a perfect, boring saint. He's a well-meaning (if not cheap) guy who has flaws and isn't above being petty or getting even once in a while. He's more than a flat stereotype and that's what makes him interesting to me.

Just my $0.02.
Sep 5, 2014 10:06 PM

Nov 2013
yurika's arc is conquered
Sep 5, 2014 10:10 PM

Nov 2013
Ugh. Yurika. Best. Girl.

That last pic so guud.
Sep 5, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2013
I've read the LN spoilers from Animesuki this series seriously needs a 2nd season. Harem has rarely been this intricate.

To you all complaining about memory loss, apparently they won't find out about Yurika until much later. Each girl will have sort of a 2nd arc (like Monogatari) and the mahou shoujo's story will intertwine with another girl's back story.

Considering the pace, I can't see how they'd end this without a cliffhanger since the Blue Knight arc after this would be impossible to cover in 1 episode (assuming Kiriha also has 2 eps). That arc and the continuation would pretty much tie every plot points that has been covered so far. It'd also explain how the landlady is so powerful (lol) and a little bit about Sakuraba-senpai.

Unless of course they just decide to make a filler ending after Kiriha (please no!)
Sep 6, 2014 12:32 AM

Feb 2012
Good to know that bits and pieces of Kou's memory is still intact. Yurikaaaaaa!! Why you so cute? lol! Theia was also cute imagining Kou and her kissing. But still, can't beat Yurika and Sanae!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 6, 2014 2:21 AM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:

Dat smile~~~

Finally Yurika getting the justice she deserves... and it's time for a memory wipe!
So is Sakuraba a magical girl?

Seems like it'll be Kiriha's arc next.
SkyTateSep 6, 2014 2:24 AM
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 6, 2014 4:15 AM
Aug 2014
Thai777 said:
Darstorm-Sandude said:
This episode was satisfying.

WAIT WAIT WAIT the anime has already covered up to volume SEVEN of the light novels? :O

please confirm someone please and thank you

I didnt even read the light novel but I can sense that the adaptation is going as fast as the speed of light. It really is obvious that it's rushed.

This was the best episode seriously, the developpement the orgiinal plot(go see episoded 1) was there, look like some foreshadow. Yurika developpement and Kotarou.
I didnt even like Yurika, now she is my number 1 of this show, but that doesnt mean she is the one I want to end up with the MC.

There is a reason for that.

One thing that really turned off some readers of the LN is that the first 4~5 volumes are simply too slow paced. Now, obviously the reason is that each character needs one go-around of her own arc. Still, quite a few people stopped reading the LN at about vol 3 or 4. I too, almost gave up the series after Vol 4 but after that the pace picked up significantly at around Vol 7, which is likely where the anime will end - unless there is a season 2 (which quite frankly I REALLY hope there would be one). And YES, there will be a HUGE cliffhanger.

Oh and, if there is no memory wipe, then Maki arc would not have happened later on...
Sep 6, 2014 4:53 AM

Jan 2014
y123y said:
julyan said:

And just as expected, they will forget about it in the end. It's obvious why the author did that and I find no reason to complain. IMO, this is more interesting than Glasslip :P

HEY!!!! GLASSLIP is my favorite anime of Summer 2014!!!! Along with Aldnoah.

He said IMO which means 'in my opinion'.

Anyhow, even though the fights were a bit predictable, I enjoyed it nonetheless. I actually just expected this to be a normal highschool SoL, but it turns out it's much more. And I'm starting to like it.

And I just noticed that Shizuka is a main character. On the first week, I saw her as an supporting character and she's really not doing anything these past episodes. Does she become more important in the later volumes, LN readers?

And some highlights:
NakatoshiSep 6, 2014 4:57 AM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Sep 6, 2014 5:00 AM

May 2013
Damnit Maki, why did you erased their memories? In the end, Yurika is just a cosplayer!

Nvm. They didn't explained how in the earth Koutaro and Harumi got powers in this episode.

Their date was cute. Make them canon please.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 6, 2014 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
Fucking hell. Yurika best girl.
Sep 6, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
I hate when they try to add a lot of serious stuff into shows like this, but I didn't mind because their memories were erased later.
lol
Sep 6, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
Damn so dissapointed, I really wanted the magical comedic relief girl to die. Would make my rating of this anime go from 4 to 6!

I was also hoping they'd replace her with Maki-chan, who seems to be a decent character unlike Yurika....

Damn I hate this anime, its just another generic Harem with a generic protagonist who somehow gets an entire football team to love him for absolutely no reason. It makes me regret ever starting to watch anime, anime is becoming even more of a degenerate shit it is thanks to this.
AppoXSep 6, 2014 10:35 AM
I am a human.
Sep 6, 2014 11:57 AM
Aug 2014
AppoX said:
Damn so dissapointed, I really wanted the magical comedic relief girl to die. Would make my rating of this anime go from 4 to 6!

I was also hoping they'd replace her with Maki-chan, who seems to be a decent character unlike Yurika....

Damn I hate this anime, its just another generic Harem with a generic protagonist who somehow gets an entire football team to love him for absolutely no reason. It makes me regret ever starting to watch anime, anime is becoming even more of a degenerate shit it is thanks to this.

Honestly, while I can understand why you feel that way, this is not just another generic harem anime. You can choose to ignore all the pieces and signs so far but that doesn't mean it's just another generic harem - there are reasons why the girls are attacted by Kotarou.

There is a reason why this LN is reaching 20 total volumes - a generic harem series normaly doesn't last that long. It has a lot more to it.
followwindSep 6, 2014 12:04 PM
Sep 6, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
followwind said:
Thai777 said:

There is a reason for that.

One thing that really turned off some readers of the LN is that the first 4~5 volumes are simply too slow paced. Now, obviously the reason is that each character needs one go-around of her own arc. Still, quite a few people stopped reading the LN at about vol 3 or 4. I too, almost gave up the series after Vol 4 but after that the pace picked up significantly at around Vol 7, which is likely where the anime will end - unless there is a season 2 (which quite frankly I REALLY hope there would be one). And YES, there will be a HUGE cliffhanger.

Oh and, if there is no memory wipe, then Maki arc would not have happened later on...

Yeah I know it that they rush it to go to the "good part" it was obvious from the beginning. But I wanted more.. fluent pacing? Like the cast completely forgot about the room after 1-2 episode, the girl fell in love for no reason, they helped each other when they were more like rival all this time?
It just doesnt make it great for people who are picky on details and consistency.

And for all those that disliked how the harem show "somehow" became serious. I personally like it when something change drastically, which is why I had hope with this show, still its not drasticl enough.
Sep 6, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2010
The episode fight was kind of boring, but it did expand on Koutaro quite a bit. So he and Sakuraba might really be the Princess and Knight. How interesting!

Also, nice Yurika development. Even though a lot of it was erased, which was expected. I loved the end of the episode though. Their conversation was surprisingly touching.

Also, Ruth and her beetle problem!

Looks like Kiriha is next week...

I would like to see more of the Magical Girl organization, that idea really appeals to me for some reason.
Sep 6, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
Why did everyone have to forget about Yurika being a magical girl? I believe everything would be easier if they all remembered.

Great episode!!!
Sep 6, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2008
followwind said:
AppoX said:

Honestly, while I can understand why you feel that way, this is not just another generic harem anime. You can choose to ignore all the pieces and signs so far but that doesn't mean it's just another generic harem - there are reasons why the girls are attacted by Kotarou.

There is a reason why this LN is reaching 20 total volumes - a generic harem series normaly doesn't last that long. It has a lot more to it.

20 volumes of ass-pulls? There is nothing in this anime that would make me want to waste any time reading any of the LNs.

And if the viewers have to read the LNs ahead of time in order to "appreciate" the anime, then the animation team has failed totally.

This anime started out seeming like it would be a passable parody of magic-girlfriend harem shows. But it has been spiralling into the abyss and there doesn't appear to be any means to save it.
Sep 6, 2014 9:17 PM
Jan 2013
Sigh. All this LN talk makes me wish I could read Japanese, finished 5 volumes of no game no life and it was awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 10:40 PM
Aug 2014
dbaranyi said:
followwind said:

20 volumes of ass-pulls? There is nothing in this anime that would make me want to waste any time reading any of the LNs.

And if the viewers have to read the LNs ahead of time in order to "appreciate" the anime, then the animation team has failed totally.

This anime started out seeming like it would be a passable parody of magic-girlfriend harem shows. But it has been spiralling into the abyss and there doesn't appear to be any means to save it.

That's your opinion. Just like I stopped reading/watcing Bleach, One Piece, and Hunter because they simply dragged on the story way too long. Others will disagree, but that doesn't mean I have to go to the other forums and putting comments like "the anime is hopeless" before even finishing the series.

Like I have said earlier, if you look closely, there are already signs and pieces in the coversation/scenes that hint the viewers that this is NOT a simple harem anime. Even if you have never read the LN you should have realized that by now.

I guess time will tell.
followwindSep 6, 2014 10:50 PM
Sep 7, 2014 3:35 AM

Oct 2013
followwind said:
AppoX said:

Yes that may be so, but so far 3/4 of the anime already aired, and its only hints we got. I don't get any enjoyment out of hints that actual story will follow. They can only do so much in 3 episodes. Even if the 3 episodes are masterpieces, the 9 episodes which already aired were just a generic harem. The bad 9 outweighs the good 3 either way. Well the 2nd season, if there is one, might be better.
I am a human.
Sep 7, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2010
What. The. Fuck?

Oh, this anime defies logic.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 7, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2013
Great ending to Yuruka's arc! :) :D
Sep 7, 2014 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
the episode was nice, just upset that they lost their memories.
best girl always get teased
Sep 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2013
Seriously is there no one besides me who thinks that Kotarou is ridiculously OP?
Isn't he suppose to be a normal guy who has no outstanding quality apart from being a cheapskate (hence his staying in that room) and his Harem MC plot-armor (hence all the girls chasing after his D and swooning over his ability to knit)?

I would have found it a bit more enjoyable if the dude actually struggled a bit, or at least acted the least bit cautious, when facing that Magic Girl. I mean, for gods' sake, he's facing off against powers that he's never seen before, powers that rendered Yurika unconscious, and yet he can be so gung-ho about beating that girl up.
I mean, what if she could turn him into a frog or something mid-fight and step on him? Did he not consider that he wasn't going to be able to match up against her? Seriously, is the plot-armor so thick that even he thinks that he'll just beat everyone? So arrogant this dude is. Last episode was good because Kotarou ended up despairing when Yurika got mowed down and it was all his fault. This episode just went and reset all the hard work that the story put in, making him forget his hard-learned lesson as well.
Seriously one of the worst episodes of the lot simply because of the reverse growth thingy. There were parts of this episode where I found myself cheering for Maki to beat him up again instead. I mean at least she put in the hard work and effort to seal and control the guys power. All he did was just come out and beat her up, no explination on how or why he had or could use magical powers. What BS.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 7, 2014 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
Okay episode I guess but this show's kind of taking itself too seriously. It'd be better off trying to be as comedic as possible and that's exactly what I expected from two Yurika episodes but these had the least comedy of all eps so far,if any at all.

Oh well,next.
ManlyTearSep 7, 2014 1:43 PM
Sep 7, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2008
Can't believe they all lost their memories. We're really back to none of them believing Yurika being a mahou shoujo? Gah.
Sep 7, 2014 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
this might've been the best episode so far. Idk anything about the LN, but i hope they end it well, cause it seems like they arent pacing it well.
Sep 7, 2014 10:56 PM

Oct 2011
Memory wipe but at least he knows she is a mahou shoujo. : )

What is their connection to Satomi??? Mind boggling.
Sep 7, 2014 10:59 PM

Mar 2013
elior1 said:
Antanaru said:
This episode was a good reminder why mahou shoujo series suck. Holly crap, that fight was ridiculous and incredibly boring at the same time. I though all that magic stuff will be another two episode sub-story but seems like it will go on. Too bad.
i think it was better it didnt draag to 2 more episodes since it was too boring

Kyuutoryuu said:

This anime is turning into a total cheesefest with it taking this "Mahou Shoujo arc" so seriously. Get back to the solid comedy and SoL, pleeaase.

I agree with these guys. When I was a kid I liked magical girl fights (Sailor Moon). But this time... it just makes me cringe, the fights are soo cheesy... Sigh. Please go back to harem interactions, moe and comedy...
Sep 7, 2014 11:17 PM

Apr 2012
oh no Maika erase the memory of all people excluding Yurika about what happen today.
so Yurika still be recognized as Cosplayer lol.

Yurika so cute in casual dress in the end :D
and the background quality up quite dramatically.

"I'm Yurika Nijino Your Classmate and someone who stays at your place for free" *wink* well said Yurika. xD next Kiriha Arc.

Sep 9, 2014 3:08 PM

Oct 2012
Everyone: Power-Up: Overdrive!
They are all somehow special, right?

But I was surprised Sakuraba-senpai is The Princess, the one who started it all. I wonder is she remembers anything in next eps. And I can't wait how everyone fights against evil mahou-shoujo party.
Sep 9, 2014 3:25 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode. I'm really enjoying this anime :)
Sep 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2011
LOL, Sakuraba got possessed and gave Koutarou a cool sword to use in his fight against Maki... damn... his power level is over 9000!!!!

Tulip and her illusions...

Ah, so we get to learn everything about Yurika's past and so on this episode.

I think Koutarou is probably the missing link that connects everything, all ancient civilizations together lol.

Dat battle... so epic and absurd... LOL

Ah, so the girls came to their rescue after all :3

Now that's freaking lame to be honest... poor Yurika... now they all think she's a cosplayer once again...

Sakuraba and Koutarou on a date eh... and he still retained some faint recollection of what had happened and doesn't care if Yurika is a cosplayer or a mahou shoujo XD because of that.

Awwww, Yurika got a cool moment of her own T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 12, 2014 5:50 PM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
Shows getting quite good now, sad theres only 2 episodes left.
Sep 13, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
So somehow the girls' arcs are connected to each other.
Sep 14, 2014 12:53 AM

Dec 2013
This show strangely reminds me of Nisekoi with most of the female cast somehow related to the MC in the past.
Sep 23, 2014 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
Nooo they forgot it again.

Well at least it's not all lost.
Sep 25, 2014 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode that despite being granted, about what would happen to Yurika, succeeds in part to be interesting for the rest.
Narration is good in the battle after that.
Plot drawings and more than deserving.
Beautiful colors as those used for the backgrounds of the script.
Sep 29, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2012
I knew they would get their memories erased but for half the episode I actually thought I was wrong but unfortunately I was right.

It's really frustrating, I enjoyed the story more when they knew she was a magical girl and I was like awesome they are all teaming up to beat the evil magical girl but nope they had to screw it up by erasing their memories.

Ugh such a boring generic thing to do...
Oct 3, 2014 5:00 PM

Jul 2013
Ridiculous spell names wtf?

Yukari was asking what she needs to do to make him believe that she's a real magical girl and not just a cosplayer.. seriously? how about doing some magic shit in front of him? smh..
Oct 10, 2014 5:29 AM

Oct 2012
Yurika's wink.... It's perfect!! xD

Stark700 said:

Purrrrrfeccctoo!! xD
"Signature removed"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

97 by Karva1 »»
Mar 15, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

157 by basspig »»
Dec 8, 2023 7:14 PM

» When will Season 2 to be released?

AiDiZi - Jul 14, 2017

19 by yveltalkyogre »»
Sep 10, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2014

79 by 3miL »»
May 18, 2023 9:30 AM

Poll: » Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

83 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 19, 2023 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.