Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 18, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This match was actually pretty interesting . Tobio's got some stiff competition there.

Hinata needs to wake up and pay attention though LOL. I'm looking forward to their development when they take on more opponents soon. I do wonder how strong Hinata will become soon. The training at the end of this episode was awesome.
May 18, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2007
So that member who came later from enemy team is NamiDai. He was sempai to "ex-court prince". His serving is too strong. But main guy is shocked him. Wow, what HiroC coach said is deep. Fair declaration between ex-teammates. Oh~, there's also a member who was missing in the team?

They realized they still lacks even though they won.

lol @ the about the returning member, a "hot headed" (trouble making in result) ace guy, is being shorter than the main guy.
tsubasaloverMay 18, 2014 1:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 18, 2014 2:44 AM

Jun 2012
I usually hate the popular hot guy type character, but I like Oikawa's character a lot for some reason. Maybe because of DAT SERVE~!!!! Liked the animation for it to!

Tanaka's facial expressions are funny, hehe

Can't wait to see Hinata develop his skills more, he's really clumsy atm
haydoccMay 18, 2014 2:49 AM
May 18, 2014 3:22 AM

Apr 2013
Oikawa’s first serve was awesome. The animation and music were perfect. HE'S SO DAMN SUAVE!
Kageyama and Hinata’s counterattack was great too. Can’t wait for more Nishinoya next episode.
May 18, 2014 3:25 AM

Jan 2011
Oh man, Oikawa is such a laid-back guy and quite the annoying lady's man but his serves are amazing; they're such killers! However, the Kageyama and Hinata duo are also amazing too. Hinata's so speedy and was able to make a counter attack. Tsukishima and Hinata both need to improve with receiving though, haha. They beat Seijoh in this practice match but I seriously can't wait to see them in an actual tournament together; would be so intense. Nishinoya appears at the end of the episode. So he's the 'guardian god', he looks really cool and plus he's actually shorter than Hinata. xD Him receiving Kageyama's serve was great! Can't wait for next week's episode. Also, I can't stress it enough but the OST and animation is so GOOD! I really need to get the OST once it's out, absolutely love it. <3
5/5
May 18, 2014 3:34 AM

Feb 2013
so we finally have the libero! I can't wait for the coach to join and for the team to realise who it is

lindsayzzz said:
I really need to get the OST once it's out, absolutely love it. <3

up to now it's awesome!

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
May 18, 2014 4:01 AM

Aug 2008
NOYAAAAAA-SAAAAAN! Time to fangirl next week!!

Ahh, it was soooooo awesome when Hinata made that super move against Aobajousai ! And his eyes! I super love his glaring eyes!!!
May 18, 2014 4:09 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was totally beautiful, I only have a gripe, I have to wait another week to watch the next :'(.

Hinata last spike was epic! Did you noticed that he had his eyes opened, as opposite with the other spikes he does with Kageyama, and that he directed the ball to Oikawa. That is the biggest problem with closing his eyes, he doesn't directs the spike nor applies the correct strength to it, even though Hinata doesn't have that much strength to begin with :P.

Next chapter is Asahi introduction and Nishinoya, given that he barely appeared in this episode.
Can't wait.
May 18, 2014 4:09 AM

Nov 2011
Today's episode was absolutely amazing.

Yamaguchi's voice actor really does take the cake today for all of those squeacks and Tsukkis +A.

I'm getting the feeling the OST is every time more on point than before? Like, today was perfectly placed.

The pace felt really nice although it covered a lot of the manga though? These were four chapters in one episode, the lenghtiest amount covered so far I think. It's maybe because in the manga the dialogue in between matches takes a lot more space than in an actual moving match.

Also the trash babies were absolute trash this episode.

5/5, I'm SO HAPPY this adaption is going so freaking amazingly.
May 18, 2014 4:12 AM
Apr 2014
Oh my! I can't wait for the next episode! This was was really great. And Hinata's reacton when he saw Yu for the first time was just priceless. (≧∇≦)/
May 18, 2014 4:15 AM

Oct 2013
Akashiina said:
Today's episode was absolutely amazing.

Yamaguchi's voice actor really does take the cake today for all of those squeacks and Tsukkis +A.

I'm getting the feeling the OST is every time more on point than before? Like, today was perfectly placed.

The pace felt really nice although it covered a lot of the manga though? These were four chapters in one episode, the lenghtiest amount covered so far I think. It's maybe because in the manga the dialogue in between matches takes a lot more space than in an actual moving match.

Also the trash babies were absolute trash this episode.

5/5, I'm SO HAPPY this adaption is going so freaking amazingly.

No it was only 3 chapters, just like the previous episode! It also ended the 2nd volume of the manga(except one extra about Tanaka's dream).

Trash babies?
May 18, 2014 4:16 AM

May 2010
Woo, Intense game there! Kageyama isn't good at studies? That's sort of... I mean, he is smart, isn't he? It's even listed in his character bio: Intellect = 5.

Now that's an accurate first interpretation, Hinata. He is shorter than you xD
May 18, 2014 4:29 AM

May 2013
Yamaguchi and his "Tsukkiiiiiiiii" is so cute !
I felt like the episode was quite fast paced but well it didn't really bother me, even if I was a little sad not to see Tanaka and Hinata freaking out because of Daichi's "fufufufu"

Nishinoyaaaaaaaaaaa ! He's so cool and Hinata that's rude ! xD
Can't wait for next week (Asahi/Noya angst)

TragicRomance said:
Woo, Intense game there! Kageyama isn't good at studies? That's sort of... I mean, he is smart, isn't he? It's even listed in his character bio: Intellect = 5.

Now that's an accurate first interpretation, Hinata. He is shorter than you xD

Nope, the only thing his brain is good at is volleyball haha, it was shown later that he sucks in his studies.
May 18, 2014 4:31 AM

Feb 2012
It was pretty funny, as always. Cant wait till next weeks. :)

May 18, 2014 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
Man Oikawa, daamn.
Kageyama and Hinata's counterattack was awesome too
Two more characters to come in! Can't wait for them to join.

Can't wait till next week >.<
May 18, 2014 4:53 AM

Aug 2013
Mills said:
Oikawa’s first serve was awesome. The animation and music were perfect. HE'S SO DAMN SUAVE!

THIS THIS THIS
I actually replay this part A LOT OF TIMES IT IS (AND STILL) SOOO PERFECT
nice job delivering the part, Production I.G!

Man, next episode centering around Asahi and Noya is what I want ahaahhaaaha although I'll be like "no what are you doing you two. no, stahp, please make up. aaahhh"
and yes, I can't wait to hear them talking (heck yeah I was super pleased after finally hearing Namidai's voice for Oikawa) and I still can't get enough of the drama cd

this episode is perfect I don't even know why
May 18, 2014 4:57 AM

Sep 2008
I love this series!
I really love this series!
Please, don't let this series end up like Kuroko no Basket with some supernatural attacks and zones -.-

I really love Tanaka-sempai!
I really like how Hinata and Tanaka are like brothers xD
Younger brother try to act like older :D
And this part when he hidden behind Tanaka's back
and repeated after Tanaka xD

Kageyama and Hinata's last attack was so cool! *.*

Oh! Just love this series!
Can't wait to see more <3
May 18, 2014 4:57 AM

Nov 2013
Oikawa is awesome, I had expected a boringl rival character, but he is so not.
May 18, 2014 5:24 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode as usual
Time for member gathering
and He's here!!!
May 18, 2014 5:29 AM

Jul 2010
Tanaka's intimidation faces xD Great king with his girl fans.
So, Kageyama learned most of his stuff from the great king, the king's serves were good.
Hinata's block and spike, liked how it froze Oikawa.
The teacher trying to get the clerk to coach them. The director with the ravens looked pretty cool.
The guardian deity was holding that mop before. Hinata's first words to him though was that he is short :)
A senpai that is said to be a genius, that sudden receive at the end.
May 18, 2014 6:17 AM

May 2007
Awesomely great, can't wait for the next episode. So glad Karusano won in the end, ah I want to know more about this "unique genius". I'm trying to resist the urge to read the manga, I just want to watch this anime flow without me knowing what's going to happen next.
May 18, 2014 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
*cough cough* please excuse me for a moment
Can I just say....
Noooooooyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaa~!!!!!

Was hoping to see a little more of him, but it was okay, got to see him animated :D

Oikawa the "grand king" and his killer animated serve

Takeda sensei (Kamiya Hiroshi's) moving speech lol

The "guardian god" eh

I thought the animation while Kagama was aiming for the bottle was superb (as usual but still)

Asahi getting some screen time in that preview too.

Wow another week passes by....? :O
May 18, 2014 7:04 AM

Jun 2012
That was awesome!!! And the Dai Ou's serve was beastly as fuck. And his face when Hinata spiked it right to him and he couldn't return. Just too gud. And it looks like now we'll have two chibi giants.
May 18, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2014
OH YEAAAAAAAAAH!!! NOYA YOU'RE FINALLY OUT!! XD
May 18, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2010
Holy Shit!! EPIC!!! Thank u Thank u Thank u Production I.G. Perfect adaption so far :D

Tanaka's jealousy of Oikawa with those faces was so lololol XD

Loved Oikawa's serves so much!! So BA!!! Dat animation!! And he's awesome as a character too ^^ Wanting to say "Don't mind" to Kageyama after owning him XD Because that annoys geniuses XD

Hinata was friggin BOSS!!! How he blocked with that emotionless face of his and then DAT FRIGGIN SPIKE!!!!!!!!!!! SO DAMN EPIC!!! He intentionally aimed at Oikawa like a BOSS! The animation was eygasmic and the OST was eargasmic! I got friggin goosebumps there >.<!

Lol'd at how envious Hinata and Tobio were after hearing Ukai's coaching is spartan XD

And finally! Noya is back :D His receive was awesome ^^ Nxt ep with Asahi and Noya. Hope they don't take more than 3 eps to settle every thing ^^
May 18, 2014 8:55 AM
Aug 2011
Oh boy that was a good episode.
I truly enjoy all the characters. Animation and OST was on point as well.

Hinata's such an idiot singing about the toilet.
People might have found him annoying but I think his voice is fantastic.

Finally it's muh boi NOYAAAA!
Even though he didn't say a word he's still so pocket-sized and perfect that I don't even know what to do.
I will thoroughly enjoy the next episode, longest week ever...
May 18, 2014 9:15 AM

Mar 2010
For some reason, i'd really want Hinata to learn how to be better at receiving too..

Awesome episode though!! I replayed Hinata's and Kageyamas play 3x times. lol!
May 18, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2012
Great ep as usual. Another character appears! Likin' him already. I wonder when Hosoya's character will show up. xD I'm looking forward. I predict that he'll be like Kiyoshi (from Kurobas) but it seems like we already have one like that.

parfaited said:
Hinata's such an idiot singing about the toilet.
People might have found him annoying but I think his voice is fantastic.

^
May 18, 2014 9:58 AM

May 2012
Yamaguchi's "TSUKKIs" were really hilarious.. he is like a nervous girl. Haha.

And here I was waiting excitedly to hear the voice of the new character. But well, can't wait for next week. Nice receive though. And he looks shorter than Hinata!!!!
May 18, 2014 10:45 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Love the fact that the libero for Karasuno is shorter than Hinata! Whoo. Can't wait to see what kind of character he has, he looks some sort of delinquent, especially with the broken mop connected to him. He probably got suspended in a fight or something similar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
I thought Oikawa will be tougher in this episode, but was underestimated by Hinata's speed and their strategy. I got to admit that first serve he did, was pretty impressive.

I like all the characters in here that made it too funny instead of being too dramatic and mediocre. I thought Oikawa was going to be some dragged out harsh character but seems to me that he is doing it for a friendly competition.

That imitation faces, Hinata's eyes open, that score, great episode. Oh seems like the Guardian God is here to save the day. LOL at Hinata, You're shorter than me XD.

May 18, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2010
Another great episode.

Aobajohsai's captain Dai-Ou Oikawa. Woah, his beasty serve.

Karasuno won.

Libero Nishinoya, finally!

Next ep.: Karasuno's ace appears.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
May 18, 2014 11:16 AM

Dec 2011
The official setter of the other team gets back and it seems he's really good from what Kageyama said.

Goddamn! Hinata is really amazing and cool, my favorite character in the series!

Great speech sensei!

So their Guardian Deity is supposed to come back soon it seems.

A guy smaller than Hinata has appeared!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 18, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2008
Ah, the absent member. Always a good way to make the tournament interesting after the exhibition match.

Great episode - they really make Hinata's dash a marvel to watch. Will be interesting to see how the shop attendant helps out.
May 18, 2014 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Oikawa's serve was pretty impressive.

We got the absent member appeared. I'm looking forward to see his skills.
May 18, 2014 12:19 PM

Oct 2011
So this is Noya EPIC!!!!!!!!!

AnimeFan500May 18, 2014 12:45 PM
May 18, 2014 12:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeFan500 said:

Who will voice him?

It says Okamoto Nobuhiko on Noya's MAL page :) But yeaah, he's finally making his debut in the anime!

Going against Oikawa was good experience for Karasuno since what he said was true, if they can't connect successfully, then there are no chances for attacks. Tsukki even with his douche personality (still love you) isn't great at receiving like Hinata either so it's unfortunate that he was being targeted. But that just means that there are a lot they can improve on.
May 18, 2014 12:45 PM
Nov 2009
The libero is shorter than Hinata. Next episode is gonna be fun as usual :)
May 18, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2007
Tanaka-senpai is the best character!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 18, 2014 12:58 PM
Feb 2013
New team member....oh, returning team member
May 18, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
based I.G.

great episode
May 18, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
tanaka and his intimidating faces xD
wow that art style change on oikawa's first jump serve

lol hinata interrupting that serious scene with his toilet song
and he always hides behing tanaka when intimidating others, so cute xD

Iwaizumi and Oikawa remind me of Kasamatsu and Kise xD

can't wait for the next episode!!!~
Asahi and more Nishinoya!
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
May 18, 2014 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
a strong opponent appeared
and with it concerns over the power of team
but a strong ally also appeared at the end
and a great coach is also expected
the story promises to further improve
May 18, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2014
I felt Oikawa's part of the game was rushed. His introduction was supposed to be game-changing and really put Karasuno on the edge, but this situation lasted less than ten minutes, making it seem like a minor obstacle. This is a minor complaint though, and I blame it on the nature of the transition from weekly 20-page manga to 22-minute anime.

I liked a lot the post-game discussion between Kageyama and Kindaichi. Kindaichi's line were very cool and in-character. The highlight of the episode, in my opinion.

Tanaka's expressions were priceless, as always. I also liked sensei's poetic speech, and how he immediately apologized for being cheesy. Man, what a teaser. Can't wait to see Nishinoya interact with the group.
May 18, 2014 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, I'm enjoying this more and more as each episode comes by
May 18, 2014 2:49 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was awesome as well! Never fails to amaze me.

Namikawa Daisuke as Oikawa sounds reeeaaaallly good. And that first serve.
May 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
I really love those service sequence where the animation style change. That arrogant guy sure was powerful. But the new guy seem even more amazing :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 18, 2014 3:50 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome episode, I can't wait for next week.
May 18, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2012
04:45 dat track

06:41 u talk too much

07:43 sugee!!

10:55 LOOOL

13:41 Chibi Vegeta!

21:20 dat Hinataface

22:23 kitta, Saiyajin!

7.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 18, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2013
xshizuneix said:
It was pretty funny, as always. Cant wait till next weeks. :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

302 by Leggoo »»
Yesterday, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

169 by ElGuaguaso »»
Mar 29, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

171 by Arizona89 »»
Mar 27, 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.