Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2014 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah more decent action again this episode, nice. Karl is in the sky again. At first, I thought it wouldn't work out at all but I think they are doing just fine. Especially Karl, he is definitely doing well for someone who just witnessed a lot of deaths from his previous experience in the skies.

Oh and Karl did get a taste of toughness there from Ignacio. I think that will be something memorable there for him. Benjamin should get a medal for his efforts this episode though and comforting Sharon.
Stark700Mar 10, 2014 7:18 AM
Mar 10, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, Ignacio turns from total shut-in to #1 badass. I like this guy.
Mar 10, 2014 7:36 AM

Dec 2010
"You stole Claire's dreams of flying from her."

Just how selfish can one be?
It was Claire that indirectly told him she was Nina so she ruined that for herself. Jesus, putting all the blame on Kal...
Mar 10, 2014 7:40 AM

Jul 2013
So Karl and Ignacio are half siblings huh.
More flags raised and only two more to go.
Here's expecting a plot twist next episode.
Mar 10, 2014 7:52 AM

May 2013
Ignacio got some shooting skills. No time to run away anymore for Noriaki. Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 10, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2010
Good episode.

Ignacio's past was pretty damn depressing, seeing his mother like that.
No wonder he hates Kal's family. So their technically brothers.

Dat owning by machine gun was awesome. BA! Lol'd at him saying "Not bad"
Then Kal saying "U too" but was just misunderstanding XD
Mar 10, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2009
1. Series makes it so obvious on whos gonna die next

2. Benji x sharon = too cheezy

3. The airplane fights put me to sleep

4. Noripii and kal are so stupid to join a fight w/ just rifles

5. Lost faith in this anime right after fat kid mitty's death was made very obvious.

6. Ariel is the main reason I'm watching. Ayana taketatsu voiceover on ariel is godsend.

1/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 10, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
Animation art and quality dropped to shit level, wtf?!?
Also that drama feels too much now.

Still gonna keep the score at 8/10, lets hope for the best...
Mar 10, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
1. Kal. Our MC. Super weak. Cant throw a fist. Cant fly well. The only thing keeping me interested in him is the forbidden love.

2. Ignacio, while badass has lots of misplaced rage. He hates the La Hire royal family for throwing out him and his mother DURING THE REVOLUTION. No doubt if Ignacio and his mother were still in the castle and associated with the royal family they would most likely have been killed along with Karl's family. Karl's father did Ignacio a service rather than disservice. Saved his damn ungrateful life.

3. Benji and whats her face. Throwing in undeveloped characters into a random romance scene to up the melodrama for another meh to medium quality fight scene that will probably leave only the MC students + the students who refused to fight, alive.

4. While I was bashing Karl earlier his shut-in and wallowing in self-pity response to the Claire-Nina reveal is acceptable behavior. Ignacio berating Karl for running away was a pretty selfish remark considering Claire did the same.

5.Before leaving for the fight I was expecting Karl to tell Ari. "When I come back use my real name" or something like that. Its about time everyone else knew who he was.
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 10, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2010
At the beginning of episodes, I didn't like Ignacio. But after seen his tragic past and his behavoirs towards to Kal I like him now. Both of them have a similar loathing and reasons.
Unfortunately, so much drama happens these days. I was just hoping for some romance and want to see some ''Valkyria Chronicles'' mood. But that was better than this anime.
Suppose that Noriaki and Benji died, don't you think all those incentive things will be waste? Anyway, I hope Benji and Noriaki don't die next episode.

3/5
Mar 10, 2014 10:18 AM

Sep 2013
- Poor Igna he suffered alot in his past
- I Like Chiharu's Words "It's the ones who survive that will be sad"
- i think there will be a terrible events next episode.
- 9 of 10 for this one.
Mar 10, 2014 10:43 AM

May 2013
Great episode.
Mar 10, 2014 10:58 AM
Aug 2013
billybob300c said:
1. Series makes it so obvious on whos gonna die next

2. Benji x sharon = too cheezy

3. The airplane fights put me to sleep

4. Noripii and kal are so stupid to join a fight w/ just rifles

5. Lost faith in this anime right after fat kid mitty's death was made very obvious.

6. Ariel is the main reason I'm watching. Ayana taketatsu voiceover on ariel is godsend.

1/10

oh how sad we feel for you. dont really care tbh. think most dont..
Mar 10, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2012
billybob300c said:
Ayana taketatsu voiceover on ariel is godsend.

Lol no.
Mar 10, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2012
why don't they just ally themselves with the Levamme empire and have the Santa Cruz rape their faces. Mother fucking Charles meng

Mar 10, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2012
Boys breaking girls' hearts by sacrificing their lives during the fly to show their manliness,that's what this show is about.
Mar 10, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2012
kawaii-despair said:
Boys breaking girls' hearts by sacrificing their lives during the fly to show their manliness,that's what this show is about.

show is turning into a battle shounen

Mar 10, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
Wish this anime had more episodes. The rushed side character development doesn't do any justice on this show, but it shows that if this show was longer, it could potentially be really fantastic.

kawaii-despair said:

LOL Very accurate

AlexGK said:

It was always below average tho
Mar 10, 2014 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
copperwolf said:

2. Ignacio, while badass has lots of misplaced rage. He hates the La Hire royal family for throwing out him and his mother DURING THE REVOLUTION. No doubt if Ignacio and his mother were still in the castle and associated with the royal family they would most likely have been killed along with Karl's family. Karl's father did Ignacio a service rather than disservice. Saved his damn ungrateful life.

This.
Mar 10, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
Zeally said:
why don't they just ally themselves with the Levamme empire and have the Santa Cruz rape their faces. Mother fucking Charles meng

+1 This needs to happen!
Mar 10, 2014 12:52 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A little bit of Ignacio's past. Quite upsetting.. So, he's technically Kal-el's brother..

Noriaki and Benjamin stays back to fight. Some intimate moments between Sharon and Benjamin. :)

Kal-el decides to fight as well. Ignacio aids him. They do make an awesome team. :)
Taking down all 3 at once was badass! Loved their misunderstood conv.--

Ignacio: "Not bad."
Kal-el: "Y-You, too.."
Ignacio: "Not you. I meant the enemy deployment." XD
Kal-el: "I kn-knew that!"

Noriaki and Benjamin also fought well. Though, their observer plane got shot down..
They head straight for the enemy observer plan. Good/bad idea?
Hope they stay alive..

Next episode: "Love Song"

Mar 10, 2014 1:01 PM

Jul 2013
Ignacio's past :( Ignacio and his mum having to suffer like that. :(

copperwolf said:

Yeah I agree with this.
Mar 10, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2008
Why does Ignacio have a machine gun while Benji has a shot gun that probably can't even injure a squirrel? I know Benji just raised his own death flag, but can they be a little less obvious about this?

Ignacio is an enigma. He hates Kal-el, wants to kill, but tries to help him at the same time? Just what kind of 'dere is he?

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 10, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2012
SandyBoi said:

While it was sad, he should get over it. I mean, they were very poor and had do to some 'bad' things to get food. As was HALF THE FUCKING COUNTRY, since there was a revolution. Kal saw his parents basically get killed before his own eyes, while he couldn't do anything about, nor was he responsible in any way.

copperwolf said:

True that.
Mar 10, 2014 1:31 PM

Feb 2012
Ignacio is a badass troll! I only wish he's had more screen time. With only 2 episodes left, I feel like this series would've been better as a 2 cour. It doesn't really feel like they've progressed that far yet.

Hannah_Ana said:
Just what kind of 'dere is he?

A little off topic, but just why do a lot of people into anime/manga like to start their sentences with an unnecessary "just"? :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2008
Wow; after hearing about Ignacio's mother, I don't feel so sad that Karl's father was overthrown and executed. Both mothers' fate however are still tragic.

As for Noriaki and Benji's fate...that sure sounds like a deathflag.
Mar 10, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2012
Some mission that could bring characters into close quarters with enemy needs to be done

Last minute romance between two of the students develops

Boy dies

Girl is sad

Repeat
Mar 10, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
velkro16 said:
Last minute romance between two of the students develops

Boy dies

Girl is sad

Repeat

LOL It would be funnier if this happened to the two pairs next episode.
Mar 10, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
niknetniko said:
SandyBoi said:

While it was sad, he should get over it. I mean, they were very poor and had do to some 'bad' things to get food. As was HALF THE FUCKING COUNTRY, since there was a revolution. Kal saw his parents basically get killed before his own eyes, while he couldn't do anything about, nor was he responsible in any way.

copperwolf said:

True that.

That should be, Ignacio's mother had to do some "bad" things in order to get food to Ignacio, then she died and was burned under some bridge. The kid had to watch on the sidelines as his mother did those "bad" things because they were kicked out of the palace, and had to watch his mother die. How would you react if you were witness to all that and was powerless to do anything about it?

His hatred in Karl is derived from where he saw that he had it easy his whole life, and that Karl had a functional family. The fact that Karl lost his parents in the revolution was an end result, and in Igna's mind, justified for all the injustices that had been done to himself, his mother and the people. In that sense, he believes that Karl deserves what came to him, and thus he had no reason to sympathize with Karl's situation afterwards, only to gloat at his misfortune.

But man... where the heck did he pick up those skills with the gun? With a few episodes left, I really have to agree with everyone here that it was way too short, and the character development for the side characters was insufficient.

Wanna bet that Claire suddenly regains the use of her powers somehow? In the dire situation they're in right now, they really need some sort of miracle to pull through. Otherwise, all that's gonna be left are the female cadets, since it seems like all the males have gone out to sacrifice themselves.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 10, 2014 2:12 PM
Feb 2013
OOOOOH I hope Benji and Noripi doesn't die.
Mar 10, 2014 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
Good look at ignacio's past, I always had a feeling there was something between him and the La Hire family. A less action/adventure driven episode that tries a bit too much to be emotional. I didn't really feel we moved anywhere in this episode until the very last couple of minutes.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 10, 2014 2:38 PM

Oct 2010
Right when Kal-el is about to die i just know Nina is going to use the win again. I really see that happening.

Ignacio starting to like him more and more. I just feel more sad for both Kal and Ignacio's mother.

Kal better not ever forgive Nina.
Mar 10, 2014 2:51 PM

Oct 2011
Ignacio's past T______T

Benji and Sharon, Norpi and Nanako moments. Crying my eyes out TwT. When Ari, Sharon, and Nanako left too AHHH EHHHH

Cliffhanger. Don't die !!!!!
Mar 10, 2014 3:41 PM
Apr 2013
Seriously, fuck Ignacio and his double standards. Tragic backstory but his grudge against Kal is misplaced. Kal was just an oblivious child. Yet Igancio trivialized Kal's comparatively more justified resentment towards Nina/Claire. I will knock 1 point off my final rating if Ignacio doesn't get punched in the face or knocked down a peg in some way at some point before the series is over.
Mar 10, 2014 4:51 PM
Feb 2009
welp more male students going all out to sacrifice themselves jeez
Mar 10, 2014 5:30 PM

Oct 2013
I really like the flying combat,next ep named Love song,cant wait.
Mar 10, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2012
They all went into the battle with the right mentality. I hope next episode they all survive.

Great episode!!!
Mar 10, 2014 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
Ignacio got some good shooting skills.
Mar 10, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

That should be, Ignacio's mother had to do some "bad" things in order to get food to Ignacio, then she died and was burned under some bridge.

No I don't think that was her burning under the bridge lol That scene was simply Ignacio, cold and alone under the bridge with only a campfire for warmth, seeking revenge.

Zeally said:

But then there won't be any battle at all because Charles is too OP.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 10, 2014 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
Interesting so they are half brothers.

Aurora lights during the day?

Igna is a damn good shot, Benji should of gotten that kind of gun.

I like the music when Noriaki flew into the fight.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 10, 2014 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
mayukachan said:

AlexGK said:

It was always below average tho

Not really, the first 4-5 episodes were great - no derp faces, fluent. 6 wasnt that bad either. But after that it went downhill and now we have derps as standart :(
Mar 10, 2014 8:18 PM

Dec 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
niknetniko said:
SandyBoi said:

copperwolf said:

True that.

That should be, Ignacio's mother had to do some "bad" things in order to get food to Ignacio, then she died and was burned under some bridge. The kid had to watch on the sidelines as his mother did those "bad" things because they were kicked out of the palace, and had to watch his mother die. How would you react if you were witness to all that and was powerless to do anything about it?

His hatred in Karl is derived from where he saw that he had it easy his whole life, and that Karl had a functional family. The fact that Karl lost his parents in the revolution was an end result, and in Igna's mind, justified for all the injustices that had been done to himself, his mother and the people. In that sense, he believes that Karl deserves what came to him, and thus he had no reason to sympathize with Karl's situation afterwards, only to gloat at his misfortune.

True. Since Kal is the MC I tend to see the show mostly in terms of his perspective (morals and reasonings). And yes, terrible things happened to Ignacio and his mother. I hope he gains enough introspection to realize Kal is by no means at fault. But then again, pubescent war scarred teenagers are hardly the role models of thinking things through
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 10, 2014 8:55 PM

Jul 2013
So Ignacio is Karl's half-brother.. quite unexpected I'd say.

Also contrary to what you guys believe, I don't think Ignacio hates Karl as much as he did as a kid. I mean you can't blame a kid for not understanding that he was merely a victim of circumstances. To him, Karl was the prince who got everything easy while he has had to do chores his whole life, his existence was practically denied, he can't show any relationship with his father (basically a father-less life), and was thrown out of the palace. Do you think he'd care if it wasn't really Karl's fault?

His hatred towards Karl was almost as misdirected as Karl's hate towards Claire. Now that he's older, he knows that Karl wasn't entirely at fault and that's why he tried to make Karl sees that Claire was too, just a victim of circumstances.

The episode was quite intense, I was wondering the whole time if Benji and Noripii was gonna die. They seemed to have death flags all over them but I hope this time it's wrong. It'd be sad if at the end Ignacio-Ariel and Karl-Claire are the only couple left.
MoeGodMar 10, 2014 9:02 PM
Mar 10, 2014 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
quite the revelation we have here
Mar 10, 2014 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
The art is still atrocious but the execution is still pretty damn good. Two more episodes left! I almost hope that there's going to be a season 2, but this series looks like it'll be wrapping up quite well without leaving many loose ends. Here's hoping that all 4 of them will survive. Well, at least I think Karl will, but it's a toss-up for just about everyone else.
Mar 10, 2014 11:59 PM

Apr 2008
Zeally said:
And who are Levamme ?
An empire from distant land they never had any previous contact with and no idea about other than the fact they worship the same goddess.

Isla's position are difficult. They got Nina there as representative of the country, but practically the mission to the end of the world is sending away seeds of trouble.
They have no contact with their homeland, and they can't open up an alliance in middle of a war. There's much debts to be counted for when the dust settles.
Mar 11, 2014 12:58 AM
Jul 2013
I cannot count how many death flags I've just seen in this episode. Well, that's great, now I have no idea which one is gonna die. Also, Ignacio is an awesome sharpshooter
Mar 11, 2014 1:16 AM

Nov 2008
I'm really starting to expect that they all will die ( they should given the way they fight). Ignacio's sharpshooting seems almost asspull. It really seems to go down since last episode.
Mar 11, 2014 5:10 AM

Jun 2011
copperwolf said:

So Ignacio and his mother were thrown out into the streets with nothin' but clothes they wore durin' a revolution and he should be grateful for it. I don't think his survival rate durin' those time went up just because he was no longer in the palace.

Also I think they kicked them out durin' the revolution to prevent any spies from learnin' any secrets. The King probably only keepin' the most loyal of his servants by his side and I don't think he would trust the woman he screwed and his illegitimate child who he treated like dirt.
Mar 11, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2012
I feel like i'm the only person enjoying this show here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.