Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 24, 2014 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, what a sight in the sky...an island floating in the middle of the sky. The spectrum up there is just beautiful. Kal-el and Claire of course rerunite once again. It's also nice to see a kinder side of Ignacio this episode I guess.

VICTORY DANCE lol
Mar 24, 2014 7:38 AM

Dec 2011
Goodbye Isla.

Incredible visuals towards the end of this episode.

6 months since Claire and Ignacio left them? So, even accounting for Isla's slow speed, that's going to be a long time back in what looks like quite cramped conditions.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 24, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
Ignacio the tsundere xD

It wasn't really a good ending for Karl and Claire, but it wasn't a bad ending either. Guess it opens the door up for a season 2?
Mar 24, 2014 7:42 AM

Dec 2011
Kyuutoryuu said:
Ignacio the tsundere xD

It wasn't really a good ending for Karl and Claire, but it wasn't a bad ending either. Guess it opens the door up for a season 2?

There's another episode yet, you know.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 24, 2014 7:44 AM

Jul 2010
Ari was acting somewhat weird at the night on the swing.
Claire looked somewhat different as she confirms her duty with the council.

I am glad Karl decided to part with a promise.
A short yet beautiful dance!
Mar 24, 2014 7:44 AM

Sep 2013
Good epiaode, Igna you tsundere :p

Good-bye Isla

One question came to mind this episode, Benji lost his hand yet he was seen holding onto different stuff with his new hand?

I was glad to hear about the 13th episode.
Mar 24, 2014 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
Oh there were 13 eps all along? Good. I want to see the epilogue to this.

Well quite the episode that was.

Still no Fana or Charle -.-...At least she was mentioned by that General saying she's like Nina in her stubbornness XD I can see that all right XD

So the Sky Clan consider Claire as their prophet lol. I wonder what Claire is doing over there now? Hope we see her nxt ep.

What was with Ari at the swing scene? Is she in love with Kal too?

Igna is totally tsundere hehe. Baka Aniki XD Too bad Kal didn't get what he meant.

The faces looked derpy throughout this ep but I forgive them with how beautiful the ending scenes with the victory dance and the Sakura leafs were :3

Well nxt ep, seems like mostly flashbacks with a time skip? I think that was long haired adult Ari at the end of the PV?
Barion-ZaraMar 24, 2014 7:52 AM
Mar 24, 2014 7:55 AM

May 2013
So Isla is gone now. That End of the Sky looks really nice. Lol Ignacio acting tsundere.
Mar 24, 2014 8:23 AM

Aug 2013
I swear MAL had this series up as 12 episodes? I was watching it and I just thought, wow, what a terrible ending, so many unanswered questions, then I decided to check the end of the episode to see if there was even some sort of answer to all this and walla, episode 13. Glad this series isn't over yet, one of the few better shows of this season.
Mar 24, 2014 8:25 AM

Sep 2013
Wah and I thought there was only 12 episode? I'm going to be like what a crappy ending until I saw the 13th :D
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Mar 24, 2014 8:26 AM

May 2011
FatefulLove said:
Ari was acting somewhat weird at the night on the swing.
Claire looked somewhat different as she confirms her duty with the council.

I am glad Karl decided to part with a promise.
A short yet beautiful dance!

She wasn't acting wierd, i think it's kinda obvious that she's in love with Kal-el.
Mar 24, 2014 8:28 AM

Jan 2009
So what was the point of the entire journey that took countless lives? Just to see a big rock diappear into a flash of light? :P
Mar 24, 2014 8:32 AM
Jan 2011
The animation is well done and yes Claire being the Messiah is logical but why would anyone go out of their way to destroy Isla - a flying island country? I don't get it! Give me Isla and I can turn it into a five-star resort!
Mar 24, 2014 8:44 AM
Feb 2013
WTF moment when I realized all this time they were talking about a LITERAL end of the sky. This kind of ruined it for me. I feel like I got kicked in the balls when I realized the world is flat >_>

On top of that...
-OJ- said:
So what was the point of the entire journey that took countless lives? Just to see a big rock diappear into a flash of light? :P

In conclusion, this anime was not sci-fi enough to be a sci-fi and nowhere near realistic enough to be real (WTF shotgun shooting down a wave of fighter planes?) Being in the middle is what killed it for me :|
CryofiendMar 24, 2014 8:53 AM
Mar 24, 2014 8:48 AM

Jul 2010
Igna is tsundere and he said baka aniki to Kal :D
Next episode is the final, i hope it won't end as a bad ending
Mar 24, 2014 9:03 AM

Aug 2012
umm.. didn't get it.:/
what's the point of going to "the end of the sky"?

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 24, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
Ari calling it how she sees it haha. But when it comes to her true feelings, she'll never say it. Oh well, she didn't get the older brother but the tsundere little brother is still available :p

I wonder if floating islands were common in their world. I mean a floating island is involved in the Sky Clan's prophecy, I wonder if they ever thought "this might be it!" and not go to war?

I've probably forgotten it but...why did they want to go to the End of the Sky again?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 24, 2014 9:18 AM

Sep 2013
Kyuutoryuu said:
Ignacio the tsundere xD

still one more episode

i think it was great episode , i liked Igna much more , Bakka brother hehehe>
and i gust can't stand the old lady ushuraya or something , she is depressing me.
Mar 24, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2013
-OJ- said:

yes i wonder about that too , something missing in the stoey i guess.
Mar 24, 2014 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
Well i guess we all knew that Claire and Kal-el wouldn't be able to stay together, one way or another... What was the thought behind Ariel acting so strange when they were sitting under the tree, talking about Kal-el being in love with Claire, jealousy? That was strange... Also blew my mind to see that there is still one episode to go O.o did they add one lately or did i just somehow miss that information :3
CandyFaceMar 24, 2014 10:18 AM
Mar 24, 2014 9:34 AM

Dec 2012
God,if the 13th episode is a recap one then it's already completed for me.
I don't think it will get a second season but there is always hope.
Mar 24, 2014 9:41 AM
Sep 2012
-OJ- said:

^this
I was like what? That's it? That's why people died? Now you're just going to go back and tell everyone you've seen rainbow-all-destroying wall? Also I remember they said they can't return anymore so what? Are they just going to fly over the ocean and die after they run out of fuel?
Mar 24, 2014 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
LarsikFtw said:
-OJ- said:

^this
I was like what? That's it? That's why people died? Now you're just going to go back and tell everyone you've seen rainbow-all-destroying wall? Also I remember they said they can't return anymore so what? Are they just going to fly over the ocean and die after they run out of fuel?

Lol
I was literally waiting for someone of the bunch to say " Great. What do we do now ?" right before the Closing credits.
Mar 24, 2014 9:49 AM
Mar 2013
What now, did they just drive Isla to the end just to destroy it. Wasting tons of peoples lifes just for that.

I said the last time that Claire was going to die. I guess i was wrong. But there is the next episode left to see.

Good episode nevertheless.
Mar 24, 2014 10:05 AM
Feb 2009
like many others I have no idea what was the whole point of driving isla into that rainbow wall and having it destroyed.. lol
Mar 24, 2014 10:21 AM
Apr 2013
Well that was...

hmm...
Mar 24, 2014 10:30 AM

Jan 2009
1. Have they not tried to negotiate w/ the sky clan before going into a meaningless war?

2. Scene w/ claire x kal-el was just too much cheesyness. so much for tragic ending.

3. Ost is so beautiful it confuses me at times

4. floating island blowing up? Wtf is going on.

5. series has gotten shitty ever since those pointless deaths occurred. was hoping it'd get better... jesus

2/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 24, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
Moshi moshi! Sky Clan Deess~~
Let's stop fighting, lol
Btw, we have a favor to ask, haha.
We want your Nina, xD

Sorry we kill your people, Tee Hee
:9
-Sky Clan
Toaki90Mar 24, 2014 10:51 AM
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 24, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2010
Toaki90 said:
Sup guys!
We have a favor, lol.
We want your Nina, xD

Sorry we kill your people, haha.
Tee Hee :9
-Sky Clan

lol XD

As for why they did that to Isla...from what I understood, that's where it originates from and their returning it back? Don't really get the purpose of that but w/e <_<
Mar 24, 2014 10:52 AM

Feb 2012
Was Ari in denial or something? It was obvious Kal-el had a thing for Claire ever since he "proposed" to be her co-pilot. It was weird since she always treated him like her brother and all of a sudden she wants his D.

Wtf was Isla to begin with, I don't even remember. Was it just a floating Island that they took a free ride on or were they piloting it? And the whole purpose of their journey was to confirm a myth? wtf
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2011
Blue_Qbe said:
LarsikFtw said:
-OJ- said:

^this

Lol
I was literally waiting for someone of the bunch to say " Great. What do we do now ?" right before the Closing credits.

Yea, BIG wtf this episode.
Unless they pull some awesome shit next episode this show will remain my utter dissapointment this season. Score down to 7/10 and falling.
Mar 24, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2008
ltspfan said:
umm.. didn't get it.:/
what's the point of going to "the end of the sky"?

Two reasons:
1. Religion - the End of the Sky is important part of religion to all the nations... though while some seek it (our heroes), others protect it (Sky Clan). This is also the reason why they let the island get destroyed: the prophecy said to thus they are doing it. Yes, confusing to people to whom religion means nothing, but it has already been made clear that the characters here, on both sides, are religious
2. Exploration - saying that this is not worth it as saying that Columbus, Magellan and co. were unimportant people in our history. Isla returns home with geographical discoveries, a new ally (Levanne Empire), info on the Sky Clan and the tech received from Empire and Sky Clan's rubble
3. Political Exile - Nina Viento and certain members of military and nobility are not as wanted in the Republic and this is a good way to get rid of them. Hope that Kal beats up those peasants for this :P

billybob300c said:
1. Have they not tried to negotiate w/ the sky clan before going into a meaningless war?

This very episode, just the moment before Sky Clan dropped a message, explained that Sky Clan does not negotiate. It is literally "Shoot at sight". Hard to negotiate when they just kill any diplomat you send.
The Sky Clan's offer of truce surprised both Isla and the Empire for this very reason. It is only because Nina used her magical abilities that Sky Clan decided to break their own rules and offer ceasefire in case they give them Nina, the prophecized Messiah.
Mar 24, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
Haven't watched this for quite awhile. Just in case this wasn't in the episodes.

Mar 24, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
My thoughts are jumbled so i'll just list some of my observations

1. Ari's crush on Kal is never explored fully other than subtle and few hints. So the screen time devoted to her crush is a waste of time. What frustrates me about this show, as I've said in previous episode discussions is how there are several subplots that detract from the telling a cohesive and full story. For example; Benji and Sharon, Mitty and that girl. Although Mitty's story was well done it took away time that could have been devoted to fleshing out Ari or Ignacio more. Or showcasing more Kal Claire moments. Perhaps the show could have focused on Ari's crush a bit more and fleshed that out to make her disappointment stick more. I watched Princess and the Pilot before starting to watch this series and I wish that this series' plot could have been as tight and focused as that movie.

2. Animation in this episode is such eye candy. Reminded me of Princess and the Pilots art. Its a shame that the quality of the art rises and falls randomly throughout the season.

3. Loved it when Ignacio called Kal Aniki. If anyone here watches Kill la Kill

4. Didnt love the pacing of this episode. I was confused in the beginning. Got my bearings in the middle. Then fast forward.

Still love this show despite its flaws. Solid 7/10. Only an amazing or terrible ending will change that
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 24, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
Thnx Nayrael, that explained a lot ^^
Mar 24, 2014 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
So their entire journey full of death and giving away Claire to the enemy was just to destroy the floating island and take some pictures? Why did they even want to do that to Isla in the first place?
Mar 24, 2014 12:56 PM

Apr 2009
It may be just me, but the whole Island disappearing/getting destroyed being the reason for this journey feels unintendedly absurd. I wish they would have dedicated one episode on explaining all this religion thing going between these fighting factions. Without this, the small info bits in every episode just seem like a half-assed attempt to frame the weird reasoning of the story.
Mar 24, 2014 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
haha Ignacio the tsundere
Ari :( She may still have a chance with the younger brother..
Nice Victory Dance
Mar 24, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
Hah?
Did the guy lose his hand or not... so confused

Mar 24, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2010
i m wondering what they gonna show in 1 last episode...if kal el is not able to fullfill his promise from thsi epi it will be sad one for me...and if he does still it will seem as a rushed last epi...damn why cant they blend the story porperly.
Mar 24, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
Blue_Qbe said:
LarsikFtw said:
-OJ- said:

^this

Lol

ha ha ha lol yeah ! same here
Mar 24, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2010
kawaii-despair said:
God,if the 13th episode is a recap one then it's already completed for me.
I don't think it will get a second season but there is always hope.

o dear...dont say that i have high hopes for 13th episode...
Mar 24, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2014
Why Kal isn't even thinking about restoring monarchy with him as a rightfull ruler? He forgived Nina Viento and it's clear that they love each other. Nina is also governor and has great authority so Karl should talk with her about restoring monarchy. Crown Prince who isn't dreaming about restoring his rule isn't realistic. 12 episodes and he didn't mentioned it. Ridiculous. I thought that in 12 ep, he would started discussing it with his beloved Nina. Im dissapointed. This anime really has 13 episodes? When i read about story of this series for the first time I expected that "prince who lost everything becouse of revolution" will build some kind of monarchical conspiracy against republic. So far he is ok with it and it's really weird.

Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku was a really great movie. Serious, beautiful and interesting. I was expecting something similar but unfortunetelly Im disappointed. Graphics are not so good, story - we don't even know what is this whole trip about and it's not intriguing and there is also many things that I hate in some of the new animes ( eating ramen whole episode, stupid reactions etc)
Andrzej2Mar 24, 2014 2:07 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2011
Andrzej2 said:
Why Kal isn't even thinking about restoring monarchy with him as a rightfull ruler? He forgived Nina Viento and it's clear that they love each other. Nina is also governor and has great authority so Karl should talk with her about restoring monarchy. Crown Prince who isn't dreaming about restoring his rule isn't realistic. 12 episodes and he didn't mentioned it. Ridiculous. I thought that in 12 ep, he would started discussing it with his beloved Nina. Im dissapointed. This anime really has 13 episodes? When i read about story of this series for the first time I expected that "prince who lost everything becouse of revolution" will build some kind of monarchical conspiracy against republic. So far he is ok with it and it's really weird.

Huh???? Like that will work! There have been very few cases of republics reverting to monarchy. The only example I can think of is after Oliver Cromwell's death in England. In that case the lack of a new leader lead the PEOPLE asking for the monarchy back, in the form of William of Orange.

There is no way a deposed monarch will ever come back! It just doesn't happen.

EDIT: EEPS ... I got my monarch wrong! Charles II was asked back. William of Orange invaded!
scruffykiwiMar 24, 2014 2:13 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
Im not saying if restoration is possible. Im just saying that he should be at least thinking ( for example while looking at the sky or lying in bed) about claimg what belongs to him by right of birth and heritage. Also heir to the throne who isn't plotting to reclaim throne isn't believable. I can't think about single deposed monarch who just got over it. Some consider themselves as the rightfull heirs to throne even 200 or 300 years after monarchy was overthrown.

Ps. Monarchy was also restored in France by Napoleon and later Bourbon restauration in 1814. Also monarchy was restored in Spain and in Cambodia. So it's possible but you are right that it's rare.
In this anime republic isn'r really settled. It's stable only becouse of people's faith in Nina Viento. Also there is still nobility and ruling elite hasn't changed much.
Andrzej2Mar 24, 2014 2:29 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
How are they supposed to make it back? I forgot how long they were on Isla, but there was a 6-month timeskip, so they need enough fuel maybe a year? Plus, that's a lot of people on that big ass island to fit on a few ships and food and water to last them however long too haha.
Mar 24, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2010
that certainly wont happen but 12 epi for this show seems so short ...i wonder they gonna rush everything in last epi ?
Mar 24, 2014 2:28 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Sky Clan offers a truce; Let Isla go through Holy Spring in return of Nina Viento..
Claire decides to go.

I think Ari probably likes Kal.. Too bad they're 'siblings'..

Poor Claire..
Kal being so serious! He better keep his words and get her back. :)

Tsundere Ignacio being tsundere again. XD
Glad to see he acknowledged Kal as his older brother. Though, Kal didn't quite understand what he meant..

What an elegant legend about the End of the Sky!

Victory Dance was nice!
"Arigatou Isla" *While the Island is being disappeared* XD

Last episode: "The Sky Where You Are."

Mar 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2012
Bullshit episode. Nothing in the back stories of the characters matters at all any more. There is no connection between the downfall of the "evil" empire years ago and the story of the student pilots randomly dying in pointless battles. We don't know who the fuck the Sky Clan is or why we should feel threatened by them. They throw away the island they were on and nothing else happens.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 24, 2014 2:35 PM
Feb 2013
Fuck, so was that there reason for wanting to go to that 'End of Sky" thingy, to threw away a floating island?

So, what now? Since they've reach there goal.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.